You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

World of Warships: Year in Review - Discussion Thread

35 comments in this topic

[-NYX-]
Players
75 posts
3,899 battles

Graff Zeppelin back for sale !

one tier spread would be good idea.
tier-VIII facing tier-X all the time isn't fun for game play.

But submarine lines  would finally improve this game

• Bad 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles

"Reduced number of DDs per team"

You show screenshot of 6 DDs per team which was only possible after someone waited in queue for over 5min. Guess, what, IT STILL WORKS THIS WAY.

Your reduction was for the 1st 3min of the queue time from soft cap of 5 down to "we introduced soft cap" of 4

:fish_palm:

Also while we're at it, why were 5 DDs too much and had to be reduced, but 5 BBs nearly every game isn't touched?

• Cool 2

Players
6 posts
5,422 battles

I want Polish DD line !!! , that would not be so difficult , T10 - ORP  Huragan , T9 ORP Orkan ,(T10&T9 planed 2 new dd based on Blyskawica)  T8 ORP Grom(Blyskawica Sister), T7 ORP Piorun (Jervis class dd on loan fron RN), T6 ORP Garland (Gallant class dd on loan fron RN), T5 ORP Wicher , T4 ORP Ouragan ,T3 ORP Kujawiak , T2 ORP Slazak  , T1 ORP Mazur and there was 2 British cruisers Danae ORP Dragon and ORP Conrad , so there could be dd line & 2 premium 4 & 5 tier cruisers , there is loot of Poles play WOWS and thet wold be best gift for 2019 .

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[STARS]
Players
499 posts

I'm waiting for the Russian BB line and in particular Kreml and the other upcoming high tier premium Russian BBs. Don't postpone until the end of 2019!

Spoiler

*edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82
edited due to wrong language
  • Bad 3

[BYOB]
Players
3,462 posts
12,349 battles
3 minutes ago, OscarVonReuental said:

This year in WoWs was one big mistake. :fish_panic:

WG would congratulate themselves even if 50% of the playerbase left. They are so delusional that they believe their own hype.

So everything is great komrade!

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

[STARS]
Players
499 posts
20 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

WG would congratulate themselves even if 50% of the playerbase left.

Did you mean "if 50% of the player base remained"?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[STARS]
Players
499 posts
2 hours ago, Wicket_Boomber said:

I want Polish DD line !!! , that would not be so difficult , T10 - ORP  Huragan , T9 ORP Orkan ,(T10&T9 planed 2 new dd based on Blyskawica)  T8 ORP Grom(Blyskawica Sister), T7 ORP Piorun (Jervis class dd on loan fron RN), T6 ORP Garland (Gallant class dd on loan fron RN), T5 ORP Wicher , T4 ORP Ouragan ,T3 ORP Kujawiak , T2 ORP Slazak  , T1 ORP Mazur and there was 2 British cruisers Danae ORP Dragon and ORP Conrad , so there could be dd line & 2 premium 4 & 5 tier cruisers , there is loot of Poles play WOWS and thet wold be best gift for 2019 .

Who cares about the weak Polish navy that withdrew most of their ships to British ports at the outbreak of WW2 in order to save them. There are much more prominent navies like the Italian and Russian navies waiting to be introduced to the game. Polish your shame somewhere else!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[IRON7]
Players
818 posts
562 battles
3 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

top that off with some fun facts.

Thumbs down, Mr Main Cheerleader, for all those meaningless numbers you propagandize as fun facts. They are completely meaningless.

Does WG think we are all imbeciles? I beginning to suspect WG does.

Let's bring up the RN DD roll out. It took way too long. I guess this is the new tech tree 'nonsense roll out model'.  Is it?

Let's bring up the horrid CV rework FARCE. WG is wreaking completely CV play that has been in game for over four years. I was looking forward to RN CVs but not now.

WG, imho, has gone retrograde, seriously retrograde, with these two major failures.

Sure, I'll probably still play WoWS but I won't be spending any money on WG garbage & I will be selling all my current CVs since I refuse to play the new CV FARCES.

There's only one thing which would induce me to pay money to WG now - that is if a clan flag slot was offered for sale but WG appears to be too stupid to even offer 'that'.

So, EURL Guy, 2018 is/was, imho, for WG, a great BIG FAILURE (sadly).

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[IRON7]
Players
818 posts
562 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

but 5 BBs nearly every game isn't touched?

…. Hmm, … umm, …. cause this is actually WoBBs, …. that's my guess …..

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TORPZ]
Players
4 posts
3,116 battles

Pretty astonished by all the negative feedback. I cannot lie WG made a horrible decision with the CV rework. a few months ago i was planning to go for the Japanese CV line since i like not to rely on RNG but to obtain torpedoe succes with skill. Now im really not interested a single bit. There might be some bias since im also a major RTS player but still my point has some value. The RN DD's started out quite questionably. They had a very different playstyle but after a bit of time managed to fit in. I currently think they're pretty balanced altough Cossack is overperforming a TINY bit i mean in the hands of a good player you can get insane results in a tier 10 battle. On the other hand the Daring is probably too much, more health than a Z-52 + a heal and a anti torpedoe long duration hydro, increased acceleration making 180 degree turns very fast and zigzagging left and right very easy. Despite lack of speed boost it still gets where it needs to be and it has almost as good Dakka as a Harugumo and better AP altough having to spend 4 points for IFHE, but it still has very practical torps that while not being the best definitely do the job and the ability to single launch. I honestly think the British DD line is great expect Daring which while not being broken is a little way too strong. I dunno about you guys but ive liked this year. Lots of great new content and really nice events. The Christmas containers were a disappointment but it isn't something that ruins the game. I personally wish they do something about the CV rework but thats the only thing im very negative about.... Also stop crapping on battleships already its oudated. We all know DD players are more salty and usually suck a little more than the other classes but i guess old habits dont die out in a few years…   Also this comment is a little too focused on the chat here. Thanks WG for keeping the game fresh, we all make mistakes just please listen to us :)   Fair seas!

• Cool 1

Players
6 posts
5,422 battles
1 hour ago, DuneDreamer said:

Who cares about the weak Polish navy that withdrew most of their ships to British ports at the outbreak of WW2 in order to save them. There are much more prominent navies like the Italian and Russian navies waiting to be introduced to the game. Polish your shame somewhere else!

... You are aware that wargaming is a company , that sell products like World of Warships ? , so they do what it take to get  customers -introducing new content- as Poland is one of biggest countries in Europe , have 16 million active gamers , is in wg interest to introduce Polish DD line , I want to have Italian lines , Commonwelth with cv , Swedish , Spanish  but if wg whant to earn money on me , I need get what I really whant - play my fav tier X on Polish ship , torpedo Republique , Montana or any other "paper" battleship , with Polish torpedos , I am  customer , I play wows for fun , I have spend some money on game , first will Polish line announced I would buy blyskawica and any other premium . And dunedreamer learn little bit of history before you made clown of yourself. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[STARS]
Players
499 posts
15 hours ago, Wicket_Boomber said:

... You are aware that wargaming is a company , that sell products like World of Warships ? , so they do what it take to get  customers -introducing new content- as Poland is one of biggest countries in Europe , have 16 million active gamers , is in wg interest to introduce Polish DD line , I want to have Italian lines , Commonwelth with cv , Swedish , Spanish  but if wg whant to earn money on me , I need get what I really whant - play my fav tier X on Polish ship , torpedo Republique , Montana or any other "paper" battleship , with Polish torpedos , I am  customer , I play wows for fun , I have spend some money on game , first will Polish line announced I would buy blyskawica and any other premium . And dunedreamer learn little bit of history before you made clown of yourself. 

You do realize that since WG is a company and most people would prefer Russian and Italian ships introduced to the game before the Polish navy, that's what WG would do? You talk about yourself but you're not a factor. The player base is a factor. I'm also a customer and I also paid a lot of money to WG the last 3 years. Plus, I have 3 times the number of battles you have, much more experience than you,*edited*, I'll beat you with all types of warships.

Concerning the history, I actually consulted Wikipedia before replying to you so *edited*

Oh ... but I forgot ... you can't think logically and you know little about Polish history...

Edited by G_Bg_82
edited due to not constructive content
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Players
3,210 posts
7,349 battles
16 hours ago, antean said:

Thumbs down, Mr Main Cheerleader, for all those meaningless numbers you propagandize as fun facts. They are completely meaningless.

Does WG think we are all imbeciles? I beginning to suspect WG does.

Let's bring up the RN DD roll out. It took way too long. I guess this is the new tech tree 'nonsense roll out model'.  Is it?

Let's bring up the horrid CV rework FARCE. WG is wreaking completely CV play that has been in game for over four years. I was looking forward to RN CVs but not now.

WG, imho, has gone retrograde, seriously retrograde, with these two major failures.

Sure, I'll probably still play WoWS but I won't be spending any money on WG garbage & I will be selling all my current CVs since I refuse to play the new CV FARCES.

There's only one thing which would induce me to pay money to WG now - that is if a clan flag slot was offered for sale but WG appears to be too stupid to even offer 'that'.

So, EURL Guy, 2018 is/was, imho, for WG, a great BIG FAILURE (sadly).

So when is your ban from NA WOWS forum ending again? 

19 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

"Reduced number of DDs per team"

You show screenshot of 6 DDs per team which was only possible after someone waited in queue for over 5min. Guess, what, IT STILL WORKS THIS WAY.

Your reduction was for the 1st 3min of the queue time from soft cap of 5 down to "we introduced soft cap" of 4

:fish_palm:

Also while we're at it, why were 5 DDs too much and had to be reduced, but 5 BBs nearly every game isn't touched?

Because 5 DDs/team is cancerous for gameplay (almost as bad as the old CVs were) while 5 BBs/team means more XP pinatas! :Smile_great:

And DDs got most buffs this year compared to all other classes so what's the problem here? :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[IRON7]
Players
818 posts
562 battles
14 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Because 5 DDs/team is cancerous for gameplay (almost as bad as the old CVs were)

5 DDs per team could be an entertaining 'knife fight' not to mention a challenge to play that kind of battle.

Ditto for the 'old' CVs - lots of fun for the ones who have even a modicum of intelligence.

I guess, Nothingbuttherain, you want more vanilla play?

15 hours ago, Spineking1 said:

Pretty astonished by all the negative feedback

I'm not.  Even you, Spineking1, appear to disagree with the reworked CV FARCE.

The feedback you term negative is or can be viewed as critical commentary on how WG has gone wrong in 2018 (in these posters opinions).

• Bad 1

Players
3,210 posts
7,349 battles
14 hours ago, antean said:

5 DDs per team could be an entertaining 'knife fight' not to mention a challenge to play that kind of battle.

Ditto for the 'old' CVs - lots of fun for the ones who have even a modicum of intelligence.

I guess, Nothingbuttherain, you want more vanilla play?

I will miss the RTS CVs, but they were no good for the game. That's no secret.

How the new ones will end up? I dunno, we'll see.

I did like the additions WG gave us this year and I hope we get many more tech tree ships :cap_yes:

15 hours ago, Spineking1 said:

Pretty astonished by all the negative feedback. I cannot lie WG made a horrible decision with the CV rework. a few months ago i was planning to go for the Japanese CV line since i like not to rely on RNG but to obtain torpedoe succes with skill. Now im really not interested a single bit. There might be some bias since im also a major RTS player but still my point has some value. The RN DD's started out quite questionably. They had a very different playstyle but after a bit of time managed to fit in. I currently think they're pretty balanced altough Cossack is overperforming a TINY bit i mean in the hands of a good player you can get insane results in a tier 10 battle. On the other hand the Daring is probably too much, more health than a Z-52 + a heal and a anti torpedoe long duration hydro, increased acceleration making 180 degree turns very fast and zigzagging left and right very easy. Despite lack of speed boost it still gets where it needs to be and it has almost as good Dakka as a Harugumo and better AP altough having to spend 4 points for IFHE, but it still has very practical torps that while not being the best definitely do the job and the ability to single launch. I honestly think the British DD line is great expect Daring which while not being broken is a little way too strong. I dunno about you guys but ive liked this year. Lots of great new content and really nice events. The Christmas containers were a disappointment but it isn't something that ruins the game. I personally wish they do something about the CV rework but thats the only thing im very negative about.... Also stop crapping on battleships already its oudated. We all know DD players are more salty and usually suck a little more than the other classes but i guess old habits dont die out in a few years…   Also this comment is a little too focused on the chat here. Thanks WG for keeping the game fresh, we all make mistakes just please listen to us :)   Fair seas!

I'm also a major RTS player. Consider me a vet, I've even played many of,the very old titles.

But the CV implementation did have its issues and were frustrating by how dominant the class was.

Sure CVs were bvery obviously dominant in WW2, but in the end this game is about gameplay and all classes should be balanced.

...which brings me to the issue I'm having with WoWS lately and that is the P2W aspect that's powercreeping the game. Yes, I'm looking at you, Stalingrad.

Not just you, but the Balancedgrad is the most important one. It was perfectly fine and right before release they needed to basically say "f*ck it, lets buff everything!!!11!!111" and promply released it.

I can understand errors in balancing and have a high tolerance for imbalances. But some thing are not supposed to become broken as it breaks more than just some server stats.

And I fully agree on the BB and DD bits you explained. This toxicity is getting so bad (especially all these DD mains being toxic vs "BBabies") that this is actually a reason now for me to quit this game.

They had their say, but enough is enough your opinions are clear now.

I read absolutely discusting comments about this, it makes me rethink why I am even posting here. It's no fun that way, leave others be and let other people also enjoy the game and not just people who like what you like. Everybody is different and in the end all of us are in the same boat.

• Cool 1

[SWTP]
Players
570 posts
7,324 battles
34 minuty temu, NothingButTheRain napisał:

Because 5 DDs/team is cancerous for gameplay (almost as bad as the old CVs were) while 5 BBs/team means more XP pinatas! :Smile_great:

And DDs got most buffs this year compared to all other classes so what's the problem here? :Smile_amazed:

Because 5 BBs are cancerous for CC gameplay? Do you play CW? It is very nice to have a breath of fresh air with only one BB to worry about and be able to actually actively play the game, not to hide all the time or just spam HE from the distance or behind an island cover. As a DD I like less DDs too, 3 is optimal IMO.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
223 posts
9,697 battles

The complete distance traveled in game, to put in comparison:

29.055.821.403 Km is:

37793 trips to the Moon and back.

266 trips to Mars and back.

24 trips to Jupiter and back.

1.9 trips to Pluto and back.

It's 2.4 times further out than Voyager 1, the record holder of human object furthest away. :)

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[U-W]
Players
53 posts
6,660 battles
20 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

While we’re seeing the year 2018 out, let’s take a closer look at some of your remarkable achievements, and top that off with some fun facts.

Read the full article

Still a MM that is CRAP with all there T9 and T10 when you play a T8 battle ship.  And dont put us up with so manny ships that only excits on paper drawings. 

20 hours ago, ZWC said:

Graff Zeppelin back for sale !

one tier spread would be good idea.
tier-VIII facing tier-X all the time isn't fun for game play.

But submarine lines  would finally improve this game

don't bother mention it. Looks like so manny people here are sponsered by the WG. They Always come up with a fancy explanation for how and why. Fact is that WG doesnt give a crap and that they have there corrupted reason for this crap.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

2018 has been "ok" overall but the game is heading in a bad direction with the CV changes and the submarines.

Atleast we'll be free of Russian Paper after 2019 when the BB line is out. Unless they make a lunatic CV line.

That is, if anyone is still playing this time next year :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3

[IRON7]
Players
818 posts
562 battles

Wow, a Supertest Coordinator, no less, came here to flagellate on a meaningless mega number. ROFL. WG must be scraping the bottom of some barrel somewhere.

5 hours ago, Negativvv said:

but the game is heading in a bad direction with the CV changes

it sure is

5 hours ago, Negativvv said:

if anyone is still playing this time next year :Smile_hiding:

you know the Zombies will be ….  as to a number of current CV players, unsure how many will leave

• Cool 1

[DEEDS]
Players
31 posts
5 battles

Hi players,

I clean up some of not constructive and off topic posts.Please respect each other and stay in topic.

G_Bg_82