You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
El2aZeR

Preliminary analysis of CV skills/upgrades

56 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
1,469 posts
10,448 battles
On 4/1/2019 at 12:11 PM, El2aZeR said:

I would just like to note that this is long outdated. Maybe I'll update it someday.

No, keep them in the dark... I'll pay you...

How else am I supposed to flank and murder CV's if they know what they are doing!!! :Smile_izmena:

• Funny 2

[STEG]
Players
121 posts
10,895 battles
On 4/1/2019 at 12:51 PM, Fred3n said:

Any chance for a British commander CV spec? :)

Edit: or is it just a copy paste of the USN commander skills?

I use this setup as of today. This is different from my american setup that use slightly more speed based options. I use CE on my midway commander for better concealment of that massive ship.

I tend to go full tanking build, with demolition expert and points with improved engine boost and last gasp. Last point is in priority target, which shows how many AA ships are firing at your planes in addition to the ususal ship stuff when driving your CV.

I have done about 70+ battles with this build and it seems to work pretty well.

shot-19.04.04_00.16.19-0099.jpg

shot-19.04.04_00.21.57-0710.jpg

• Cool 1

[WTFNO]
Players
320 posts
5,885 battles
On 4/1/2019 at 1:11 PM, El2aZeR said:

I would just like to note that this is long outdated. Maybe I'll update it someday.

Poking gently with non-pointy stick :D

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,138 battles
  Hide contents

Attack Aircraft Mod 1 (Rocket attack time +2s)

Useless. Not only is +2s a joke, rocket planes are triggered on approach anyway. Even if you trigger early rocket planes have a pretty generous attack time in the first place and are currently the fastest planes on the field, meaning you'll reach your target regardless.

That means in Slot 3 you can either pick AA Guns Mod 1 (Number of flak bursts +2) or Secondary Battery Mod 1 (Secondary range +20%, Secondary max dispersion -20%). Personally I went with the AA, you're a lot more likely to be under air attack than to have a chance to use your secondaries.

Yet you told me stronger AA would be useless on CV in another topic as the first attack always comes through and exiting aircraft die anyway. 

Ofcourse it will surprise no one that i use this to increase secondary range, often forgotten weapons that will  help kill  DD, CV and depending on what CV it is even Light Cruisers in late match situations were only a few battered ships remain that often hunt you. CV often survive as the last ships, against other surviving CV aircraft alone might not give you the edge ( especially not if they did go AA spec ) Secondaries make the difference then, match timer allowing.

Slot 4:

Attack Aircraft Mod 2

Torp Bombers Mod 2

Dive Bombers Mod 2

(+15% HP respectively)

Personally I picked the DBs because they are the most vulnerable to flak, having to continuously hover over their target to get all their ordinance off. Rockets and TBs meanwhile fly in and out of flak, meaning less overall exposure to DoT AA so if you can dodge the bursts you'll take less damage overall.

If you disagree with my reasoning then pick according to personal preference.

I agree cpompletely for a change.....DB spend most of their attack in the inner zone  rings of AA, that means a lot of continuous non avoidable damage.

Slot 5:

Flight Control Mod 1 (Aircraft restoration time -5%, Deck space +3)

This is actually a very viable alternative to concealment especially considering you can hide further away now thanks to increased aircraft speeds and no need to wait for your planes to return anymore.

Although you could argue that if you don't lose a lot of planes anyway then this slot is kinda wasted.

For me this works avoiding being deplaned, at most i will have to use another type aircraft for 1 launch to have the ones i want replenished  to a full squadron again. That way i found out rocket fighters are quite usable against capital ship superstructures as well.

Concealment System Mod 1 (Ship and aircraft detectability -10%, Dispersion of shells targeting you +5%)

If you wanna go for the troll IJN stealth torp build this is mandatory. Otherwise I'd say pick according to personal preference.

I still wonder if i should take this. The Graf Zeppelin's insane approach speed should give more or less the same effect in denying reaction time preventing evasive action often resulting in all torpedo's hitting lumbering BB. But i am fearfull it won't result in losing less aircraft, so the other choice could be still more usefull in practise.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,624 posts
15,348 battles
58 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Yet you told me stronger AA would be useless on CV in another topic as the first attack always comes through and exiting aircraft die anyway.

On 4/1/2019 at 1:11 PM, El2aZeR said:

One of these days you will learn to read.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
6,138 battles

I may add that all the captain points that make changes as little as 5 % or 10 % probably have a likewise effect on score if at all. 0.25 sec or 0.5 sec faster closing reticules ( when it closes in 5 sec anyway ) won't make you magically always hit targets for full damage.....were that the case WG would nerf these skills or not have put them in like that the first place.

That is why i like the skills/modules that make the ship behave in different ways - actually make it do stuff that it can't without  - then skills that merely give a very weak boost in damage.

This is what happens when captain skills do not work  or are reduced to 50 %  and/or you do not use a 19 point captain....not much difference from a run-of-the-mill match really as ~ 100 k damage is not a stellar score but it is not that bad either.

WG7000.jpg

WG7001.jpg

WG7003.jpg

WG7004.jpg

WG7005.jpg