Sign in to follow this  
Vilodrom

Bugs i've been having when joning a battle

11 comments in this topic

[SIIAS]
Players
35 posts
702 battles

So yaknow when  you're in your teams and the map is chosen, the countdown to join battle starts from like 30 or what (that screen), for me, the join battle button neevr actually appears. Instead, the countdown goes to 0 and then dissapears, then come 40 odd seconds where i can hear ship noises from others but not the ocean or anything and I can see people moving on the lobby map.

I get a warning for inactivity in battle every time this happens, how do prevent it??

Any help would be appreciated :D

.Pter

[SSA]
Players
771 posts
17,000 battles

Open task manager as soon as that happens and shut down the client.

Then restart WoWs, it should load into you directly into battle.

[SIIAS]
Players
35 posts
702 battles

Sorry I misphrased that part xD.

What happens is it does let me into the battle after the 40 seconds, but I'm way late into battle and as a DD player getting to the caps fast is important. So I do end up joining the game, just 40 seconds late

[SSA]
Players
771 posts
17,000 battles

If that happens all the time or almost all the time the only thing i could think of is either reducing texture quality ect. or improving your hardware.

[SIIAS]
Players
35 posts
702 battles

For the rest of the game I get a decent fps tho... hmm i'll see what I can do, it's only started recently

[SSA]
Players
771 posts
17,000 battles

did you start running something else recently, that might be eating up computer ressources ?

does the problem occur with other games as well ?

can't really think of a reason why the loading times should incrise massively without any other problems.

[SIIAS]
Players
35 posts
702 battles

Nope, other games seem fine, I close all other tabs before starting it... maybe I’ll see if I can delete some storage on my computer, uninstall reinstall warships... not affecting other games at all, I’ll see what i can do.

[SSA]
Players
771 posts
17,000 battles

Reinstalling seems like it wouldn't change much if anything.

Trying to free up some disk-space (if it's relatively full) or defragmenting your hdd could help.

Otherwise i can only think of a hardware upgrade as the next step

(assuming WoWs is either the most hardware-intensive game you run, or it's located on your oldest/slowest drive

if it's not i'm officially out of ideas)

Players
813 posts
12,997 battles

Well, what you described happened to me once, running 0.7.11 IIRC (could be one patch before though): playing with Musashi in Neighbours, I suffered a disconnection, logged in again and was stuck like you in the pre-battle roster, killed the process just in case and re-entered the game but found myself stuck there for a second time.

To be fair, I don't know what caused it, although I suspect it could be related to something not being loaded in time, maybe due to disk fragmentation: I'm sure it was after a game update but before a scheduled defrag. My hunch is reinforced by the fact that it happened while rejoining a battle, hence not having any pre-loaded models, textures nor maps unlike when entering from port. If what I'm saying lays somewhere close to the truth, I agree with rnat: a reinstall would do little to nothing, while a defragmentation should do the trick (it will also increase performance for other things) unless some more serious issues are in place.

Salute.

Sign in to follow this