Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bics93

Prinz Eitel and Steel Monster popularity

What did you buy?   

341 members have voted

1. 1. What did you buy?

• Nothing
    • Prinz Eitel
    • Steel Monsters campaign
    • Prinz Eitel + Steel Monsters

51 comments in this topic

[-VIS-]
[-VIS-]
Players
267 posts
3,955 battles

Hi! I’m on the fence about buying Prinz Eitel Friedrich (I’m not sure I’ll have the time to grind the final part of the event, but I’m interested in tier 6 ships with premium camo from the “Mighty Prinz” campaign and the 2019 steel of the “Nerves of Steel” mission) and the Steel Monsters campaign (I know that the cost is quite high, but rewards seems pretty ok to me and I’ll use the 2019 doubloons of the bundle to buy the half price “one year premium time”, because I’m currently at ~10.5k doubloons), so I d’like to know how many of the forum members purchased these Christmas items. 

Players
2,690 posts
2,950 battles

Well, I see the PEF A LOT so the campaign must be a success. 

Didn't get it myself because there is no steel ship I'd actually want that much. May still get it from the mission. 

Another reason I didn't get it is that I am not grinding the German lines. It would be of no use to me as a premium.

Also, I see a lot of them and from what I see is most people think it is a BB, but it is not. Not at all! 

It is a battlecruiser (like Hood and Graf Spee) and only is put in a BB spot because we haven't got separate lines.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I had steel from Ranked.

Steel Monsters and my fleet of ships got me Balanzgrad. 

Like hell I'm paying money for a bad T6 German Hood :Smile_trollface: 

They seem very easy to farm too...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles

My wallet and me agrees on I have to cut down on the WOWS stuff significantly in the year to come. So I opted for a year of premium instead. Going to get the Prinz Eitel Friedrich for free. And steel from clan battles and some ranked play.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,467 posts
12,399 battles

Instead of buying a lot of boxes i went out and bought the PEF. The ship is bottom of the barrel bad, no reason to play it outside of the missions.

The upside to this is, I have a 2019 steel mission and a month to finish it, I have 12 days to get those last directive missions done, when I get them I will get the whole PEF compensated in doubloons, and most important I have a month to easily finish the new year's campaign with honors. Not bad for 26€.

• Cool 3

[-VIS-]
[-VIS-]
Players
267 posts
3,955 battles
4 minuti fa, Aragathor ha scritto:

Instead of buying a lot of boxes i went out and bought the PEF. The ship is bottom of the barrel bad, no reason to play it outside of the missions.

Seems pretty OK for PvE operations: it is fast and secondaries are funny against bots... If only WG didn’t remove carriers from missions :cap_old:

[BYOB]
Players
3,467 posts
12,399 battles
2 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Seems pretty OK for PvE operations:

It doesn't have the oomph for operations. The guns would have been good if the reload was faster.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,883 posts
6,692 battles

Bought the bundle that included the PEF and Steel Monsters; that, combined with the steel from premiums and some of the PEF campaign ('nerves of steel'?), got me Black yesterday evening, so job done.

I'll get the doubloons back for PEF in a few weeks too, plus a bit more steel - if (by some miracle) I ever suck sufficiently little to bag steel from CW or Ranked, that might eventually get me Flint, although I won't hold my breath.

PEF is rather good fun against bots (I'm running my semi-secondary captain from Gneis, I think), but isn't great against real people. Mind you, I'm a very long way from being a BB-meister...

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
557 posts

I don't do clan battles.

I have about 5000 steel from snowflakes, perhaps a little more to come

Is it worth buying this bundle as I don't know how or when more steel would be available ?

[SOTE]
Beta Tester
45 posts
1,016 battles

Missions seems okay, not grindy. Campaign seems overpriced (at least for me and i am aware of the stuff that I am getting for my money, still overpriced).

So I will have prinz for free and I bought Roma. Because OP are OP

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,883 posts
6,692 battles
10 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I don't do clan battles.

Is it worth buying this bundle as I don't know how or when more steel would be available ?

Flint is 8,700 steel (with 'ship' coupon used), and Black is 10,500 (ditto).

If you can bag the free PEF, that unlocks a chain for 2,019 steel.

If you're good enough to do well in Ranked (I'm not), you might be able to earn enough steel to get Flint in the next proper season (which looks like it'll be T9, although we don't know the rewards yet).

Steel Monsters is straightforward to do (and you do get some extra rewards besides the steel); whether it's worth it or not will depend entirely on how keen you are to get one or other of the steel ships. For me, it was worth it, as I like DDs a lot, but am not nearly good enough to get enough steel for Black via the traditional means; others' mileage will vary.

[DC_DK]
Players
2,437 posts
24,624 battles
19 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

I don't do clan battles.

Only you can value it to see if it's worth it. But if this mission and the rest of the holiday missions are the sole steel income you got, it might be worth it.

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Players
2,096 posts
26,584 battles

I didn't spend anything, or have I in the last 3 months.

PEF is a ship I will get free, along with many others, It's gonna be a free new year when I take all the goodies and starve WG of my money. 

Happy and Prosperous New Year to everyone.

• Cool 4

[B0TS]
Players
357 posts
9,396 battles

PEF is a real jack of all trades battleship. OK guns, OK speed, OK armour, OK secondaries, OK AA (unless fully spec'd and then probably best in class).

I've been playing it ranked and the guns remind me of hood. Very frustrating and hopeless against battleships.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
1,551 posts
15,086 battles

Got the ship and some goodies with it should just about make enough for balansgrad (with coupon) when I finish the weekly missions and NOS, even without more clanwar steel (and I should get some of that as well) so I didnt go for the more expensive option, btw I always had a thing for BCs so i really enjoy the PEF

[-VIS-]
[-VIS-]
Players
267 posts
3,955 battles
4 ore fa, gopher31 ha scritto:

I don't do clan battles.

You will get 4000 steel from the free missions, and another 4000 if you buy the Steel Monsters campaign, so, as Verblonde said: 

4 ore fa, Verblonde ha scritto:

Flint is 8,700 steel (with 'ship' coupon used), and Black is 10,500 (ditto).

With the free steel you'll be able to buy Flint, if you like the Black you may consider buying the campaign. 

[WCWVE]
Players
848 posts
12,674 battles

PEF guns are not very good against BB's unless you get to within the range of the secondaries and then the combined firepower of the main guns and secondaries are able to dispose of BB's 

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
8 hours ago, bigbramble said:

PEF is a real jack of all trades battleship. OK guns, OK speed, OK armour, OK secondaries, OK AA (unless fully spec'd and then probably best in class).

I've been playing it ranked and the guns remind me of hood. Very frustrating and hopeless against battleships.

If these guns are ok, then you have low standards for T6.

And Hood is a way more solid ship than this piece of trash. It may have lackluster pen and dpm too, but not this much below the rest. As is, PEF has basically T7 AA, T5 armour scheme (except extremities plating, which is T6), speed that is hard to classify (there are faster ships at T6, but also at T5 and T4, while slower ships exist even T10) and guns that are inbetween T5 and T4.

Spoiler

The only reason it isn't straight up T4 is because it has one more turret than Myogi, but other than that, Myogi's 356 mm with Type 5 shell are overall better guns and gun turrets than PEF. Myogi has same 28 second reload, has 10k AP alpha vs PEF's 10.5k, but 5.7k HE alpha vs PEF's 4k, Myogi has better range, better accuracy, slightly more pen, the turret faces are slightly weaker (305 mm vs 320 mm) but the sides are better (305 mm sloped vs 200 mm flat), turret traverse is 37.5 s vs PEF's 45 s. Myogi uses these guns at most vs T5s, PEF vs T8s.

If it was just about the ship, I wouldn't even bother grinding. But hey, there's easy steel and I basically bought the Steel Prinz bundle, because apart from a ton of signals, credits and other stuff, it basically gives me an easier time grinding all the stuff, is the campaign of 4k steel plus an extra 2019 steel, so 6k steel (basically one Ranked season less, if I was to Rank out), the Prinz gets refunded in doubloons which I can invest into whatever and the 9k doubloons are 3/4 of a year of premium. 

• Cool 3

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
878 posts
6,994 battles
6 hours ago, Riselotte said:

If these guns are ok, then you have low standards for T6.

And Hood is a way more solid ship than this piece of trash. It may have lackluster pen and dpm too, but not this much below the rest. As is, PEF has basically T7 AA, T5 armour scheme (except extremities plating, which is T6), speed that is hard to classify (there are faster ships at T6, but also at T5 and T4, while slower ships exist even T10) and guns that are inbetween T5 and T4.

Reveal hidden contents

The only reason it isn't straight up T4 is because it has one more turret than Myogi, but other than that, Myogi's 356 mm with Type 5 shell are overall better guns and gun turrets than PEF. Myogi has same 28 second reload, has 10k AP alpha vs PEF's 10.5k, but 5.7k HE alpha vs PEF's 4k, Myogi has better range, better accuracy, slightly more pen, the turret faces are slightly weaker (305 mm vs 320 mm) but the sides are better (305 mm sloped vs 200 mm flat), turret traverse is 37.5 s vs PEF's 45 s. Myogi uses these guns at most vs T5s, PEF vs T8s.

If it was just about the ship, I wouldn't even bother grinding. But hey, there's easy steel and I basically bought the Steel Prinz bundle, because apart from a ton of signals, credits and other stuff, it basically gives me an easier time grinding all the stuff, is the campaign of 4k steel plus an extra 2019 steel, so 6k steel (basically one Ranked season less, if I was to Rank out), the Prinz gets refunded in doubloons which I can invest into whatever and the 9k doubloons are 3/4 of a year of premium. 

Agree with all of this. I've had a couple of 100k -plus games in her, but more average is 50k because the guns aand survivability is poor. I have been much happier with the WV41.

As for the bundles, I paid for the £70 bundle mainly for the steel income to get Black, a ship I've wanted for years. The £99 bundle is a step too far, in my opinion. And this coming from a guy who bought the day 1 Hood bundle (£90) and the First and Last (£99), because the value seemed miles better.

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
5 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Agree with all of this. I've had a couple of 100k -plus games in her, but more average is 50k because the guns aand survivability is poor. I have been much happier with the WV41.

As for the bundles, I paid for the £70 bundle mainly for the steel income to get Black, a ship I've wanted for years. The £99 bundle is a step too far, in my opinion. And this coming from a guy who bought the day 1 Hood bundle (£90) and the First and Last (£99), because the value seemed miles better.

I'd say the ship performs in extremes, but that'd be wrong, because it performs pretty poor when MM screws you over and performs only decent when MM hands you a carrot. The ability of this ship to just fall flat on its face though is what pisses me off most. Other than that, eh...

I usually don't go for silly bundles unless they have weeb stuff (bought both HSF and AL bundles), as I don't see much reason to spend money on an extra flag and an extra heap of dubloons, etc. If there wasn't the offer for 1 year of premium at 12k dubloons, I'd basically have dismissed this too, because what am I to do with 9 k dubloons? Buy all the Atago permacamos?

[-VIS-]
[-VIS-]
Players
267 posts
3,955 battles
25 minuti fa, Riselotte ha scritto:

what am I to do with 9 k dubloons? Buy all the Atago permacamos?

The tropical one is wonderful in my opinion :D 

I’m also on the fence about the Khaba’s one: I like those curved stripes, they seems to fit the “annoying HE spammer” style of the ship :Smile_child:

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
3 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

I’m also on the fence about the Khaba’s one: I like those curved stripes, they seems to fit the “annoying HE spammer” style of the ship :Smile_child:

The tropical and combat one are both nice, but I honestly don't see a reason to not run the standard camo. It looks already nice. And I'm beyond the age where I play with dress-up dolls. I don't need ships for that either.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
878 posts
6,994 battles
2 hours ago, Bics93 said:

I didn't know there was a different Khaba camo :o I'll need to check. Anyone got a picture of it?

[-VIS-]
[-VIS-]
Players
267 posts
3,955 battles
2 ore fa, Mr_Tayto ha scritto:

I didn't know there was a different Khaba camo :o I'll need to check. Anyone got a picture of it?

I was speaking about the standard one, my English is not very good: maybe my description fooled you, sorry :D

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this