Players
3,169 posts
7,603 battles
15 minutes ago, antean said:

poor players

Like Farazelleth and Flamu

15 minutes ago, antean said:

Wouldn't the good player know better?

Players, who are generally good in World of Warships, but bad in the rework because of lacking experience.

ps.: It's offtopic, I would prefer to stay ontopic

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
842 battles
4 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

but bad in the rework because of lacking experience

& you have that experience?  LOL.  in the paltry amount of testing so far & that is not at all ready?  ROFL.  rework is still (& remains) a complete FARCE.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 1

[ITA_C]
Players
303 posts
8,044 battles

Stop feeding the troll please just ignore him.

About this attemp to figure out some meccanics is deeply appreciated sadly i can not give my contribute due i have no experience on them  i just saw some farazelleth video and i wonder how to aim those 8km stealth torps he in his video failed at it but maybe one could try to aling the planes using the minimap to predict the right course

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,169 posts
7,603 battles
2 hours ago, Torped1ne said:

Stop feeding the troll please just ignore him.

About this attemp to figure out some meccanics is deeply appreciated sadly i can not give my contribute due i have no experience on them  i just saw some farazelleth video and i wonder how to aim those 8km stealth torps he in his video failed at it but maybe one could try to aling the planes using the minimap to predict the right course

Actually aiming with thorse torps at 8-6 km is like dropping torps with a dd at 10-12 km
50 knots 92 km/h

70 knots ~130 km/h

so dropping in 8 km means it takes 5,2 minutes (without the World of Warships accelration, guess in WoWs it would be 1 Min 40 sek or something like that)

If a dd drops 70 knots Torps on 12 km it takes 5,5 minutes. If I caluclated that right. So the needed aiming skill is more or less the same, just the speed indicator is missing.

So yes, it need a lot predictions, but it is possible, and those 4 torps in a line can be pretty nasty. Also the difference is, planes can go to the flank of a ship way easier than a dd. Aiming at broadsides is easier!

• Bad 2

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
842 battles

My tip for beginners of reworked CV play would be to not bother. Spend the time on other ship classes and hunt & sink the reworked CV FARCES. That will be more enjoyable.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[W-C]
Players
670 posts
3,388 battles

Good job @Pikkozoikum  on trying to help out those of us who have never tried the new playstyle. +1 Sometime, someday, I might give it a go, and this guide will definitely help - there are a lot more nuances to the play style than I had assumed based on all the (negative) hype. Feel free to keep it updated :Smile-_tongue::Smile_hiding: 

VERY good job @Pikkozoikum on trying to remain on-topic and keeping (mostly) respectfully civil after some of the pitifully sad comments that have cropped up on here. Make that a +2 from me :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
160 posts
9,496 battles

What I do not understand is that when the cvs were relatively interesting, nobody bothered to learn to take them, now that they are fools everyone is interested in cvs. from the point of view of the new edition the article may be good, but that does not hide that the new mechanics has nothing and does not even look funny

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,183 posts
6,093 battles
20 minutes ago, teen_geisha16 said:

What I do not understand is that when the cvs were relatively interesting, nobody bothered to learn to take them, now that they are fools everyone is interested in cvs. from the point of view of the new edition the article may be good, but that does not hide that the new mechanics has nothing and does not even look funny

I tried to learn to take them. Since I have some difficulties with micromanagement I decided to first go with the US line. I ended up in tier 7, with the Ranger. Outclassed by every other tier 7 CV, I was hesitant to play it. And not long after that the rework was announced for the first time. Why would I invest time in trying to get better in a shipline that'll end, if I can also use that time to get better in, say, heavy cruisers?

What I do not understand is that it seems that lately nobody who complains comes up with realistic suggestions.

Back on topic: what does Aircraft Armor exactly do? I only see -10%, but the description is something in Cyrillic, probably Russian.

• Cool 1

[ITA_C]
Players
303 posts
8,044 battles
1 hour ago, teen_geisha16 said:

We will not have our beloved rts cv to play with they will be gone soon so people just look forward that reasonable

Players
160 posts
9,496 battles
4 minutes ago, Torped1ne said:

We will not have our beloved rts cv to play with they will be gone soon so people just look forward that reasonable

they have not lost power that is what you want, they are much simpler than what I do not want

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[ITA_C]
Players
303 posts
8,044 battles
19 minutes ago, teen_geisha16 said:

they have not lost power that is what you want, they are much simpler than what I do not want

Man ......... you suppose a bit too much.

I was super happy with the rts cv but wg will not get back to them so one can keep on moaning for something lost or can try to figure out how to make the new thing work

• Bad 1

Players
160 posts
9,496 battles
7 minutes ago, Torped1ne said:

Man ......... you suppose a bit too much.

I was super happy with the rts cv but wg will not get back to them so one can keep on moaning for something lost or can try to figure out how to make the new thing work

no, if it's not interesting

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Players
4,933 posts
9,751 battles
47 minutes ago, teen_geisha16 said:

no, if it's not interesting

Its visually appealing but lags a looooot of Balancing. Right now the Carriers are far too strong on PTS as you can just murder everybodies Face if you know what you are doing. At least for me it's worse then on live. Let's see what the Revamp of mid and long range AA can change here but it's very hard for me to get my Hopes up.

I don't want to be too dramatic but it already feels like a lost Cause. The Reason is rather simple: We are at the same Point the game has been for 3 Years. A Game within a Game, with very unique Mechanics even the Devs don't seem to fully understand and tons of Bugs. All they can do now from this Point onwards is to adjust some stats like AA Dmg / Health / Damage dealt per Rocket. As someone who played since 07 /2015 I already know that this wont help as they desperadly tried the same Thing for the last 3 years and failed to the Point where unicums dominate entire games alone and normal players are nothing more then a Nuicance. Believe me, this will also happen with the Rework as the Skillgap is still gigantic. I just got a very bad Feeling based on past Experiences. 

And don't get me wrong, I was very open minded at the start of the Test Rounds, also defended WG here "give them time, let them collect data" Guess how happy I was to see that none of the multiple mentioned points have been addressed from Test Round 3 to the PTS Version........ The Voice in the Back of my Head just screams " Console rework" 24/7, no matter how often this gets denied...

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,169 posts
7,603 battles
6 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

Good job @Pikkozoikum  on trying to help out those of us who have never tried the new playstyle. +1 Sometime, someday, I might give it a go, and this guide will definitely help - there are a lot more nuances to the play style than I had assumed based on all the (negative) hype. Feel free to keep it updated :Smile-_tongue::Smile_hiding: 

VERY good job @Pikkozoikum on trying to remain on-topic and keeping (mostly) respectfully civil after some of the pitifully sad comments that have cropped up on here. Make that a +2 from me :Smile_honoring:

It's really nice to read that :crab:

3 hours ago, Robber_Baron said:

I tried to learn to take them. Since I have some difficulties with micromanagement I decided to first go with the US line. I ended up in tier 7, with the Ranger. Outclassed by every other tier 7 CV, I was hesitant to play it. And not long after that the rework was announced for the first time. Why would I invest time in trying to get better in a shipline that'll end, if I can also use that time to get better in, say, heavy cruisers?

What I do not understand is that it seems that lately nobody who complains comes up with realistic suggestions.

Back on topic: what does Aircraft Armor exactly do? I only see -10%, but the description is something in Cyrillic, probably Russian.

On the older Test rounds it was -10% short range AA damage. But not sure, if it changed, since it's cyrillic

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,169 posts
7,603 battles
27 minutes ago, mcboernester said:

And don't get me wrong, I was very open minded at the start of the Test Rounds, also defended WG here "give them time, let them collect data" Guess how happy I was to see that none of the multiple mentioned points have been addressed from Test Round 3 to the PTS Version........

They 're balancing and changing from test round to test round. I'm optimistic about that. I mean stuff like aircraft reload time and aircraft speed is lowered. Now they're changing the AA again. Guess it's unrealistic to expect a perfect gameplay even before it's live

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
160 posts
9,496 battles
1 hour ago, mcboernester said:

Its visually appealing but lags a looooot of Balancing. Right now the Carriers are far too strong on PTS as you can just murder everybodies Face if you know what you are doing. At least for me it's worse then on live. Let's see what the Revamp of mid and long range AA can change here but it's very hard for me to get my Hopes up.

I don't want to be too dramatic but it already feels like a lost Cause. The Reason is rather simple: We are at the same Point the game has been for 3 Years. A Game within a Game, with very unique Mechanics even the Devs don't seem to fully understand and tons of Bugs. All they can do now from this Point onwards is to adjust some stats like AA Dmg / Health / Damage dealt per Rocket. As someone who played since 07 /2015 I already know that this wont help as they desperadly tried the same Thing for the last 3 years and failed to the Point where unicums dominate entire games alone and normal players are nothing more then a Nuicance. Believe me, this will also happen with the Rework as the Skillgap is still gigantic. I just got a very bad Feeling based on past Experiences. 

And don't get me wrong, I was very open minded at the start of the Test Rounds, also defended WG here "give them time, let them collect data" Guess how happy I was to see that none of the multiple mentioned points have been addressed from Test Round 3 to the PTS Version........ The Voice in the Back of my Head just screams " Console rework" 24/7, no matter how often this gets denied...

I defend the cvs actual, is a lost cause, but I'm free to express my opinion about the crap that try to sneak, and really are not so difficult to use just have to play and learn I also play the hosho for the first time and I was beaten as to all, the difference is that I love to learn to use them (I come from the zuiho vs bogue when my zuiho had 5 fighters and vogue 14 and I won the same) so I consider an insult that so simple that they have been like new cvs

and about the visually attractive, you know, the camera that you like so much has been in the current system for years, but it is never used because it is inefficient

• Cool 1

Players
4,933 posts
9,751 battles

Regarding the Visual Part i like that the detailed plane models finally get some attention (honestly i find them even better then in wowp), and the AA in Combination with the new Sound for example the BOFORS feels great, But apart from the Visual Part im still very unhappy with the rework 

Also, can you use auto text color please :P  I have to mark it in order to read ^^

Spoiler

2019-01-04_11_23_40-CV_Rework__Some_tips

• Bad 1

Players
160 posts
9,496 battles

yes but talking about cvs the important part is really the mechanics how they are played and the new form is a total failure

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
842 battles
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:00 AM, Robber_Baron said:

What I do not understand is that it seems that lately nobody who complains comes up with realistic suggestions

The realistic suggestion is to not introduce the reworked CVs at all.

The realistic suggestion has been there all along - it is to learn the RTS CV play. Good players of RTS did.

Anyone else could have done exactly the same thing but WG has closed that particular option.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,183 posts
6,093 battles
4 hours ago, antean said:

The realistic suggestion is to not introduce the reworked CVs at all.

The realistic suggestion has been there all along - it is to learn the RTS CV play. Good players of RTS did.

Anyone else could have done exactly the same thing but WG has closed that particular option.

This sounds contradicting to me. You say this is the realistic suggestion, but you also say WG has closed that particular option. Or am I missing something? It might sound realistic for you, me and the majority of the players, but if WG closes that particular option you can only wait for the rework to fail (who knows, maybe WG will reopen that option) or trying to make the best out of it. I doubt complaining in the topics that try to do the latter will achieve anything.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,183 posts
6,093 battles
2 hours ago, teen_geisha16 said:

antean said the best option is not change cv, and learn to play actual cv

Yes, and he made his point clear on several topics, including those where it is completely offtopic.

Besides, if WG doesn't listen anyway, then what is the point in complaining on every possible occasion? The only thing so far you two said is how this is a farce, and how we should stay with the old CVs. But what if WG says no? Then what? Do you keep on complaining at topics of people who try to make the best out of it?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
842 battles
3 hours ago, teen_geisha16 said:

antean said the best option is not change cv, and learn to play actual cv

Not to worry teen_geisha16. If the general player population cannot play RTS CVs decently, do you really think that population will be any better with the new FARCE CVs?

Marginally, perhaps (LOL).

• Boring 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,169 posts
7,603 battles
1 hour ago, Robber_Baron said:

Yes, and he made his point clear on several topics, including those where it is completely offtopic.

Besides, if WG doesn't listen anyway, then what is the point in complaining on every possible occasion? The only thing so far you two said is how this is a farce, and how we should stay with the old CVs. But what if WG says no? Then what? Do you keep on complaining at topics of people who try to make the best out of it?

Well, at least this thread stays on the top :)

Though I would wish, if someone would write a good guide, since I'm not a native english speaker and lacking sometimes in giving good explanations. That's why I just wrote some advices and not a full guide :D

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[IRON7]
Players
853 posts
842 battles
1 minute ago, Pikkozoikum said:

if someone would write a good guide

Write whatever guide you want to. Only those who read it will (potentially) benefit from it.

Thing is, Pikkozoikum, there was plenty of advice given on RTS CV play over the 4+ years it has been in play.

Did the bottom feeder anti-CV whiners utilize any of that or even try to play RTS CVs better?

You know the answer: very few & few RTS CV players got really good. If these RTS players could get really good then it was possible for everyone else, as well.

However, the reality is that there are bottom feeder players who haven't got the intelligence to actually get better.

Do you really think these bottom feeders will get better with the new CV FARCE rework?

Even with a guide? ROFL. All this rework will do is give another 'Happy Hunting Ground' of Sinkings of the new reworked CVs.

I predict a slaughter of the bottom feeder players who try out the FARCE reworked CVs. My T4 DDs will be ready & waiting.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2