Crysantos

0.8.0 PTS - Bugs

79 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,317 posts
11,900 battles

Captains,

Please share all bugs encountered in the public test of version 0.7.12 below, using the following template:

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,146 posts
4,470 battles

Some minor graphical bugs :

- Ryujo A hull is highly detailed, clearly it has been remodeled recently, but B and C hulls are the old ones

- when A6M planes take off, there is a visual glitch with the right flap (it briefly passes through the wing)

shot-18_12.28_13_11.57-0308.thumb.jpg.c2fda9796fefc566bf0f918682fd9c77.jpg

- sometimes, when you fly a squadron, all the icons ofr engine boost, fighters and RTB are mixed up together

shot-18_12.28_13_14.22-0068.thumb.jpg.6a3f9e714c01f861c66028a5c8676403.jpg

Why is it impossible to mount an India X-Ray flag on IJN CVs ? It should work on rockets, reading its description ...

Sorry, no screenshot but there seems to be a problem with Print Screen, it doesn't do anything now ...

edit : forget it, I was not looking in the right repertory, I addded the SC of the 2 bugs.

[U-35]
Beta Tester
34 posts
5,513 battles

W key is bugged when in flight mode and pressing M-key and then W key it is difficult to select full speed ahead, instead you get full reverse....

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,146 posts
4,470 battles

New bug :

When you only have 1 TB left (it happened with Shokaku B7A2 TB) in your squadron, it seems that the plane becomes hyper reactive to any change in direction, a slight hit on the left or right keys and the plane goes full 360°.

It also happened in an attack run, the plane moved like in a flat tailspin ...

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,146 posts
4,470 battles
20 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

New bug :

When you only have 1 TB left (it happened with Shokaku B7A2 TB) in your squadron, it seems that the plane becomes hyper reactive to any change in direction, a slight hit on the left or right keys and the plane goes full 360°.

It also happened in an attack run, the plane moved like in a flat tailspin ...

It just happened with Hakuryu DB : last airplane of the squadron goes into flat spin ...

[NACL]
[NACL]
Beta Tester
4 posts
9,264 battles
5 hours ago, Darth_Glorious said:

Bug : sometimes I cannot launch planes anymore after using fighter consummable. But I gain total control of my CV.

shot-18-12-28-10-51-27-0584.jpg

I have encountered exactly the same problem. As I select the squadron, the deck plane number indicator is reduced in the UI as normal. Unfortunately, the planes do not take off.

[WH1TE]
Players
401 posts
11,627 battles

speed UP, DOWN 

NOT working  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( files check done!!!, default settings done---not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
17 posts
5,091 battles

1. Description

Hakuryu dive bomber aiming/dropping flight of the last drop is bugged.

If the dive bomber squadron is down to its last 3 planes and a drop run is initiated, instead of going up, down, forward (as normal), the planes go up, then start flying down in circles uncontrollably. Therefore, the drop reticle wobbles sideways in an undefined way, instead of going towards the normal 2.0 km point of aim.

(Checked: only happens with Hakuryu, not with Shokaku, Ryujo or Midway)

2. Reproduction steps

1. Get a Hakuryu dive bomber squadron

2. Drop the first 3 strikes off such that only 1 strike remains

3. On 4th strike, bug happens

3. Result

Strike reticle is thrown off its normal path, accuracy does not converge normally, accurate drop on target impossible

4. Expected result

Planes fly normally straight up and down onto the previously displayed 2.0 km point of aim, accuracy circle converges, drop goes on target

5. Technical details

Replay (Ocean training room) attached, multiple, consistent occurrences

20181229_013046_PJSA110-Hakuryu_00_CO_ocean.wowsreplay

Players
6 posts
13,912 battles

sry nur deutsch,

habe probleme mit der tastaturbelegung festgestellt.

fahre statt AWSD mit QWSD und das lässt sich nicht eninstellen da die cv belgung  das q den schiffen wegnimmt bei den einstellungen.

copy by google translator

sry only german,

have problems with the keyboard assignment found.

Drive instead of AWSD with QWSD and that can not eninstellen because the cv littering the q takes away the ships in the settings.

[WH1TE]
Players
401 posts
11,627 battles

Big Bug

-on main server is ok!!!

- PT file check done!! no result!!

pls. not possible to move with all ships

buttons speed UP/DOWN not working!!!!!!!!!!

tryed also to  hit default:  the buttons are empty only for air carriers are ok.

Big Bug

Edited by shindyGG
Excessive capitalization, use of fonts

[B0TS]
Players
356 posts
9,367 battles

I've had a lot of crashes attempting to play carriers in coop. Most are not crash logged as I end up having to to force close the client:

Spec: Asus 1080TI, i8700k, 16gb ram, running on Raid 0 Samsung SSD drive. Windows 10 latest version. Nvidia driver 416.94

• Battle loading screen - start button does not appear - game frozen. It says 'waiting for players' forever. I am now unable to get into a game at all due to this one and I am trying to reinstall the client. I have been banned from random battles now for 46 games due to this as I have to force close the programme every time.
  • Game start - ships/etc do not display correctly - you can't really see anything and you can't control anything. Last game I was stuck looking at the water and that was it.
  • In game - display crashes the display freezes on the planes and you are unable to control anything again. All you can see is AA effects and if you try pressing commands you get some response but generally this is just weird lines appearing on the screen.
  • I have also had a bug where the game repeatedly 'alt tabs' itself back to desktop (had this one on live a while ago too)

Players
92 posts
6,411 battles

1. Description

Suddenly unable to launch any planes on the T10 Carrier Hakuryu (launching planes worked fine at the start of the battle).

2. Reproduction steps

1. Select Hakuryu
2. Play a battle
3. Try to launch planes

3. Result

Despite having more than enough aircraft in the hangar, launching planes is not possible (the command "Press 1/2/3 to launch Aircraft" was displayed as well).

4. Expected result
You should be able to launch planes.

5. Technical details

Bug time: about 14:00 (UTC).
Bug happens in the Replay at about 15:49 (15 minutes left).

20181229_150130_PJSA110-Hakuryu_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

shot-18.12.29_15.36.42-0316.jpg

shot-18.12.29_15.36.50-0807.jpg

shot-18.12.29_15.42.53-0517.jpg

Beta Tester
2,437 posts
8 minutes ago, SiriusYasenBacon said:

1. Description

Suddenly unable to launch any planes on the T10 Carrier Hakuryu (launching planes worked fine at the start of the battle).

2. Reproduction steps

1. Select Hakuryu
2. Play a battle
3. Try to launch planes

3. Result

Despite having more than enough aircraft in the hangar, launching planes is not possible (the command "Press 1/2/3 to launch Aircraft" was displayed as well).

4. Expected result
You should be able to launch planes.

5. Technical details

Bug time: about 14:00 (UTC).
Bug happens in the Replay at about 15:49 (15 minutes left).

20181229_150130_PJSA110-Hakuryu_35_NE_north_winter.wowsreplay

This bug happens to Midway as well.

And I'm sure that each time I activate fighter consummable and abandon the current squad to get a new squad, I get that bug. This happened to me 6 times.

[TN-A2]
Players
5 posts
2,178 battles

First of all; hello to everyone here, it's nice to see an active community that helps making the game better by finding bugs and testing new features.

Today played a few Battles with USS Midway and 2 battles in a row i had the problem that i could not start any squadron (there were enough planes ready to do so). In the first battle of them it occured after about 10 Minutes, in the second after 12 Minutes; just after a squadron was destroyed. As usual the game switched back to the carrier but i could not start any of the 3 squadrons, i could spam the keys; didnt help. The problem does always occur till battle ends. (I think its the same Problem that SiriusYasenBacon already described)
The bug occured during reload of the fighter squadron ability of the carrier.

Players
92 posts
6,411 battles

1. Description

Planes in hangar suddenly "dissappear" after attempting to launch them (happened with Hakuryu but might also happen with Midway).

2. Reproduction steps

1. Select Hakuryu
2. Play a battle
3. Try to launch planes

3. Result

Planes stored in the hangar "dissappear" instead of getting launched. The game then says that "the number of aircraft [...] is not sufficient to take off". After this the previously mentioned bug of being unable to launch any other planes happens as well.

4. Expected result
Planes in hangar should take off instead of just getting removed from the hangar.

5. Technical details

Bug time: about 15:30 (UTC).
Bug happens in the Replay at about 12:00 (12 minutes left).

20181229_161508_PJSA110-Hakuryu_47_Sleeping_Giant.wowsreplay

shot-18.12.29_16.43.07-0311.jpg

shot-18.12.29_16.24.42-0035.jpg

Players
92 posts
6,411 battles

1. Description

The UI shows only 1 plane in the healtbar even though the squad is at full hp.

2. Reproduction steps

1. Select CV
2. Play a battle
3. Launch planes and look at HP-bar

3. Result

Even though all planes in the squad are at full hp the UI only shows on plane. After initiating an attack the UI shows the correct hp-bar.

4. Expected result
UI should show the hp of all planes.

5. Technical details

Bug time: about 16:00 (UTC).

shot-18.12.29_16.49.47-0733.jpg

Players
92 posts
6,411 battles

1. Description

Divebomber planes suddenly move very slowly after a drop.

2. Reproduction steps

1. Select CV
2. Play a battle
3. Attack targets with Divebombers

3. Result

After dropping (or at some other random point) the dive bomber planes suddenly fly very slow (something like 40-50kts if i had to guess) and won't speed up again. The only way to fix this is by calling back the current squad. The UI still shows the normal speed (like 200 kts).

4. Expected result
Planes should move with their normal speed.

5. Technical details

Bug time: about 16:30 UTC
Bug happened in the replay at about 09:30 (about 9:30 minutes left).

20181229_171806_PASA110-Midway_50_Gold_harbor.wowsreplay

Players
2 posts
13,795 battles
19 hours ago, Milan_G_ said:

speed UP, DOWN 

NOT working  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( files check done!!!, default settings done---not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Controls of the ship not working. Solve this .

• Cool 1