You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

PSA: Concealment nerf coming up in 0.8.0, hitting mainly cruisers

90 comments in this topic

Players
1,489 posts
11,012 battles

It's not in the Developer's Bulletin but besides the carrier rework, remember there is another "thing" heading our way:

The Concealment Expert skill will apparently be "normalized" to 10% flat for all ship types, which is bound to impact cruisers most of all because they lack the tankiness of BBs.

Now I'm not saying that is a bad thing per se, especially for the usual suspect OP radar cruisers if it means their concealment gets larger than their radar range, or at least closer to the radar range...

• Cool 6

[RO-RN]
Players
441 posts
5,911 battles

MORE buffs for the destroyers so every moron with negative IQ will be able to play it! 

YES NERF RADAR, NERF 283 AND ABOVE GUNS YES GIVE US MORE HARUCANCERS [edited]YOU!!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,724 posts
14,669 battles

With carriers returning to the game in force, will concealment even be worth a darn anymore?

From testing I can say:

lol no.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
872 posts
7,547 battles
1 minute ago, Animalul2012 said:

MORE buffs for the destroyers so every moron with negative IQ will be able to play it! 

YES NERF RADAR, NERF 283 AND ABOVE GUNS YES GIVE US MORE HARUCANCERS [edited]YOU!!

the fact that the only dd that you complain about being buffed is the only one that still eats full pens is ironical ( khaba is a cruiser)

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,634 posts
6,364 battles

CA.jpg.1f699b7967f2a122d6ecc1d77528c709.jpg

(The DD symbol is purely accidental there, the 3 symbols didnt fit in the same row, alltho it looks pretty funny that way :cap_haloween:)

Infact, its a bad thing for every cruiser - period. No need to excempt Radar Cruisers from that list, they are Cruisers afterall. If there is a problem (looking at Wooster) it should be nerfed by other means, not by concealment (and it did get a nerf to radar range anyway)

Does WG think that will make the game more enjoyable for anyone? Cruisers gonna camp even harder :cap_old:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
596 posts
3,335 battles
28 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

It's not in the Developer's Bulletin but besides the carrier rework, remember there is another "thing" heading our way:

The Concealment Expert skill will apparently be "normalized" to 10% flat for all ship types, which is bound to impact cruisers most of all because they lack the tankiness of BBs.

Now I'm not saying that is a bad thing per se, especially for the usual suspect OP radar cruisers if it means their concealment gets larger than their radar range, or at least closer to the radar range...

Only Minotaur has more radar range than its detection. 
Thanks for the heads up though.

EDIT: I am a noob, check out @DFens_666 reply below me :D

[NWP]
Players
4,634 posts
6,364 battles
1 minute ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Thanks for the heads up though.

Chapa aswell.

(technically Edinburgh 8,9 -> 9km)

• Cool 1

Players
1,107 posts
8,552 battles
26 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

I don't consider myself a moron & I play DD's..

I don't mind Radar, I don't mind the guns, Hurricanes don't bother me at all..

I think the change in CE is unfair given that DD's already enjoy some great concealment ranges... I don't know where this game is going but dumbing the game down to "STOOPID", yes deliberately misspelled, is in my view the wrong way to go..

I would say leave CE as it is..it has been here long enough for people, who can be bothered, to learn the strengths of their enemy..

--------------------

@WG.

If you have run out of ideas employ more people or actually listen to your player base.

• Cool 7

Players
1,489 posts
11,012 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, DFens_666 sagte:

Does WG think that will make the game more enjoyable for anyone? Cruisers gonna camp even harder :cap_old:

Honestly I'm rarely ever sure what these guys think.

It would seem from the latest "Waterline" video that the assumption is they will grow the number of carrier players substantially while actually reducing the carrier threat and impact to surface ships, simply because most of the CV unicums will "go quietly", just drop out of the game since they want RTS gameplay, and they assume the new "point&click" style #lol is just to boring for these guys. And so they expect most carrier players next month to be regular players who used to mainly play surface combatants and are simply less skilled and that will achieve the reducing of the CV impact.

What they don't seem to anticipate is skilled CV players actually using 0.8.0 as an opportunity to give Wargaming a massive finger by blapping as many other players as they can all month long, and generally making the game as unfun to play as possible for as many people as possible.

• Cool 9

[SM0KE]
Players
2,878 posts
6,686 battles

I was assuming that the advent of the CE changes would result in a period of buffing/nerfing of various ships' concealment values, so as to avoid the changes causing too much in the way of knackering balance.

Of course, if they launch it at the same time as the CV rework, the chances of that happening are roughly akin to my waking up tomorrow morning to discover that I've won the lottery and miraculously learned to speak Hungarian at the same time...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[SCRUB]
Players
2,472 posts
7,865 battles

DD's will be totally useless in 0.8.0, when they are permaspotted. so this makes no difference to DD. The only one that actually suffers are Battleships and it is GOOOOOOD.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
4,634 posts
6,364 battles
2 minutes ago, GudmundurG said:

Battleship with better concealment than cruiser need to be fixed. Nothing wrong with that

That makes them ~even on some occasions, or less difference on others (RN BBs f.e.)

Doesnt change the fact that Cruisers are gonna lose like couple of hundred meter concealment towards DDs, which makes it overall harder for Cruisers.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,472 posts
7,865 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

That makes them ~even on some occasions, or less difference on others (RN BBs f.e.)

Doesnt change the fact that Cruisers are gonna lose like couple of hundred meter concealment towards DDs, which makes it overall harder for Cruisers.

It's not like any cruiser outspot DD now either, so it makes no difference at all. DD's are spotted by DD's, radars or planes, not by closing cruisers...

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,634 posts
6,364 battles
5 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

It's not like any cruiser outspot DD now either, so it makes no difference at all. DD's are spotted by DD's, radars or planes, not by closing cruisers...

Well, for Radar cruisers it means that the buffer zone gets bigger.

For other Cruiser it means that they have to hang back more, since being permaspotted is infact a huge problem.

If Cruisers dont mind that, how on earth would it affect BBs then? Majority of BBs sit at 18km anyway.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
805 posts
8,491 battles
5 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

Yes they do. They do not ouspot, but spoting a DD in a Cruiser is rather common.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,472 posts
7,865 battles
1 minute ago, mariouus said:

Yes they do. They do not ouspot, but spoting a DD in a Cruiser is rather common.

And how does this concealment change make any difference to that? Anyone can spot DD by sailing from behind island for example but that has nothing to do with concealment.

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,478 battles
9 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

The only one that actually suffers are Battleships and it is GOOOOOOD.

How are they suppose to suffer? Which is the class, that has the smallest problems if spotted? Right. BBs. What should punish them harder? The Cruisers? Which are also spotted easier and actually suffer through this? DDs? How should a DD punish a BB harder, when the difference is: spotted at 14 or 15 km. It makes zero difference.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,011 battles
54 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

hitting mainly cruisers

Yeah, the ships affected the least by this change clearly are hit the most :fish_palm:

Hell, in case like Moskva she gains the ability to outspot GK and Yamato

34 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Chapaev, even after the change

16 minutes ago, GudmundurG said:

Battleship with better concealment than cruiser need to be fixed. Nothing wrong with that

It's height related. If the cruiser is higher then the BB, it gets spotted from further away. As simple as that

12 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

DD's will be totally useless in 0.8.0, when they are permaspotted.

Don't forget to say hello to rockets lol

[RO-RN]
Players
441 posts
5,911 battles

Make this come true and i will not play anything else besides "reworked arty" and i am going to hunt every destroyer and i will not give up util he is dead! 

CONCEALMENT OP? nerf battleships concealment that outspot cruisers easy! but no we must change a whole skill because we are WG!

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,724 posts
14,669 battles
49 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Cruisers gonna camp even harder :cap_old:

If you want to share the fate of this guy:

go right ahead.

• Cool 3

[PORT]
Modder
1,588 posts
11,603 battles
59 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

With carriers returning to the game in force, will concealment even be worth a darn anymore?

From testing I can say:

lol no.

Been just testing the new CVs on the Testserver, and most of the time I could not spot DDs anymore -  the detection is too low and the planes too fast. Not sayin' that this is a bad thing, but felt strange. :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,472 posts
7,865 battles
5 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

Make this come true and i will not play anything else besides "reworked arty" and i am going to hunt every destroyer and i will not give up util he is dead! 

CONCEALMENT OP? nerf battleships concealment that outspot cruisers easy! but no we must change a whole skill because we are WG!

I think you have misunderstood this change. BB's ARE nerfed most. Don't let OP's ideas fool you, when he says Cruisers are.

Now that BB's are spotted earlier, Cruisers have MORE TIME to react and save their as**s.... so this is in fact BUFF to cruisers.