Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
herrgeneral

Cannot sell stock module

15 comments in this topic

[MBK-]
Players
8 posts
3,421 battles

I just realized, that I cannot sell the stock hull from Iowa, or the stock hull from Hatsuharu. They do not appear in the inventory. Is anyone else having this problem? Not sure if it is a bug or a feature :)

[SSA]
Players
771 posts
17,000 battles

Did you buy and have you equipped/mounted the upgraded hulls on those ships ?

[NOCAP]
Players
1,535 posts
15,496 battles

I had the same on my NA account. It looks like a new bug in the current update. The only way to sell a stock module is to sell the ship with all modules.

[MBK-]
Players
8 posts
3,421 battles
2 hours ago, rnat said:

Did you buy and have you equipped/mounted the upgraded hulls on those ships ?

Yes of course, that is why I wanted to sell it.

[MBK-]
Players
8 posts
3,421 battles
1 hour ago, Ze_Reckless said:

I had the same on my NA account. It looks like a new bug in the current update. The only way to sell a stock module is to sell the ship with all modules.

I think I had it on the previous version as well, but let`s see..

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
2 hours ago, herrgeneral said:

Iowa

Do you have Gun Fire Control System upgraded? You can't use A hull with that, which is why the A hull doesn't show anything next to it, including price

2 hours ago, herrgeneral said:

Hatsuharu

Do you have Torpedoes upgraded? You can't use A hull with that, which is why the A hull doesn't show anything next to it, including price

Also @Ze_Reckless  ^

It's not the most obvious thing ever that WG has done. If they don't show up in inventory - your modules are already sold. It's just WG being WG and them failing to introduce some obvious thing that would point out that "you can't mount this"

• Cool 2

[MBK-]
Players
8 posts
3,421 battles
35 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Do you have Gun Fire Control System upgraded? You can't use A hull with that, which is why the A hull doesn't show anything next to it, including price

Do you have Torpedoes upgraded? You can't use A hull with that, which is why the A hull doesn't show anything next to it, including price

Also @Ze_Reckless  ^

It's not the most obvious thing ever that WG has done. If they don't show up in inventory - your modules are already sold. It's just WG being WG and them failing to introduce some obvious thing that would point out that "you can't mount this"

Yes, I think this was the reason. It seems that I already sold the stock hull, but as it was not showing a price (because improved modules were mounted), and I taught, that it is still not sold.:Smile_facepalm:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,477 battles

Actually there are quite a few ships that you cannot sell the stock modules from. I should make a list someday...

Seems to be a bug, been that way for a long time.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
23 minutes ago, herrgeneral said:

Yes, I think this was the reason. It seems that I already sold the stock hull, but as it was not showing a price (because improved modules were mounted), and I taught, that it is still not sold.:Smile_facepalm:

Took me a while to figure this out myself when i first discovered it :Smile_veryhappy: I think the penny finally dropped for me when I saw this on... could have been like 3rd of 4th ship with this "problem"

@Loran_Battle Read what I wrote in the post #6

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
692 posts
10,565 battles

The only problem with selling stock modules for me as always been a temporary one. Sometimes they don't show up in the inventory immediately, but eventually they turn up.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,477 battles
58 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Took me a while to figure this out myself when i first discovered it :Smile_veryhappy: I think the penny finally dropped for me when I saw this on... could have been like 3rd of 4th ship with this "problem"

@Loran_Battle Read what I wrote in the post #6

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by it?

So if you have something upgraded that cannot be mounted on a lower hull for example, you cannot sell that obsolete hull? That is stupid though? A fully upgraded ship should have its A hulls sellable.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
57 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by it?

So if you have something upgraded that cannot be mounted on a lower hull for example, you cannot sell that obsolete hull? That is stupid though? A fully upgraded ship should have its A hulls sellable.

Means the price for the A hull does not show on the modules list, as if you had it in inventory, but you dont have it, its just that you need other stuff to be able to mount it and hence see the price.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,477 battles
32 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Means the price for the A hull does not show on the modules list, as if you had it in inventory, but you dont have it, its just that you need other stuff to be able to mount it and hence see the price.

Ah got it

meh, should be made more clear I guess. I've always wondered about it.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
7 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

Ah got it

meh, should be made more clear I guess. I've always wondered about it.

Well, it does tell you if you hover over it that you need this or that module to mount the other one IIRC, but yes...its the WG UI afterall...

Sign in to follow this