You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Giorgio_marksman

5250 doubloons, what would I buy?

35 comments in this topic

[R7S]
Players
18 posts
2,641 battles

I already have Perth, Duca d’aosta, Atlanta, Atago, Tirpiz and Alabama. I like bb’s but I am trying to get more familiar with cruisers and especially dd’s because the only t10 I have is the Yamato. Any advice on which prem to get?

[PMI]
Players
2,392 posts
5,599 battles

Have to agree with flavio here, looking at your performance, get a year of premium and hone your skills.

Forget getting higher tier ships, you are but a liability for your team. But there is room for improvement, keep at it.

[JRM]
Players
957 posts
13,484 battles

Well if you want a dd to practice in a safe enviroment anshan, leningrad or haida are decent options (dont know whitch of those can be bought for gold atm) sims and monaghan arent bad either

[SCRUB]
Players
617 posts
11,597 battles

How about getting a perma camo for some of the ships you enjoy? Also, port slots are on a nice discount at the moment 

• Cool 1

Players
3,356 posts
5,833 battles
3 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

Also, port slots are on a nice discount at the moment 

Yep, thats a perfect way to spend dubloons atm. Cant get better then that.

@Giorgio_marksman I´d suggest to buy something - if you dont go for the port slots - max. T7. Also, you should in general stay at that level for now. You arent ready for T8+, thats obvious from your stats. Example is your Nagato - Izumo - Yamato. You are ok in Nagato, you obviously skipped Amagi with Free XP - which is a shame, since its a decent ship - and then manage the same avarage damage on Izumo as you have with Nagato. And only 20k more with Yamato.

[HOUSE]
Players
205 posts
4,418 battles

Since one of the better premium destroyers, Shinonome, is locked behind the Honorable Service campaign I suggest you complete that campaign and get her for free. She is at tier 6 so the matchmaking is decent and you can fine tune your skills without having to worry about radar in every battle. 

That way you can save your dubloons and buy a premium when you have found a nation and playstyle you like, the dubloons won't go anywhere and if there is a sale you can get a bargain sometimes, I got a Blyskawica for 30% off and spent the dubloons I saved on on port slots. 

[JRM]
Players
660 posts
10,868 battles

In your place for 5.000 gold, I would buy premium cammo for tegular tier 10 ship that you find best to play. There are many fun and strong tier 10 ships for selection. They are stronger than any premium ship and when you put tier 10 camo you never worry about economy with them.

• Cool 1

[R7S]
Players
18 posts
2,641 battles
10 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Yep, thats a perfect way to spend dubloons atm. Cant get better then that.

@Giorgio_marksman I´d suggest to buy something - if you dont go for the port slots - max. T7. Also, you should in general stay at that level for now. You arent ready for T8+, thats obvious from your stats. Example is your Nagato - Izumo - Yamato. You are ok in Nagato, you obviously skipped Amagi with Free XP - which is a shame, since its a decent ship - and then manage the same avarage damage on Izumo as you have with Nagato. And only 20k more with Yamato.

Yep Izumo fucked up my play style, and because I have done few battles with my Yamato my stats are still influenced by the first 15 or so, keep in mind I won’t go lower than 105k each battle with the yamato

[R7S]
Players
18 posts
2,641 battles
10 hours ago, Juanx said:

Have to agree with flavio here, looking at your performance, get a year of premium and hone your skills.

Forget getting higher tier ships, you are but a liability for your team. But there is room for improvement, keep at it.

Unfortunateley I started playing this game when I was still little (in age, as I am only 15 now) and at the time I didn’t understand how the mechanics worked, and at the same time I had a lot o free time so I did a lot of battles. I am a decent team player, just look at my ranked sprint, when I reached rank 5 I had only lost 2 battles and in those battles I came first, so I didn’t even lose a star. I would consider myself just as good as the average Yamato player, as the server average is 80k, and although my average is lower (as it is influenced by the first 15 battles where I didn’t know how to play the ship) in the last 10 battles or so I always kept myself above 105k damage/battle. Unfortunately people like you judge me from my stats (which I myself agree are shitty) but are heavily influenced by my 11/12 yo self, which was a terrible crap at playing. Just look at some of my most recent ships, Nagato 55% (As I said before I have played few battles with Yamato and the wr is still influenced by when I was adjusting my playstyle) iron duke 75% (I only used it to get to the QE playing around 30 battles) bogue 56% New Mexico 56% and budyonny which i’ve played quite a lot (around 2.5% of my total battles) considering I only used it to grind schohrs 54%

[R7S]
Players
18 posts
2,641 battles
10 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Well if you want a dd to practice in a safe enviroment anshan, leningrad or haida are decent options (dont know whitch of those can be bought for gold atm) sims and monaghan arent bad either

Thanks for being one of the only people who’s answer actually helped, if I were asking for a prem camo I would have told you guys (which i’m not because I already have too many normal camo’s and flags) once again I thank you for your answer!:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
268 posts

Leningrad is a stunning ship. With concealment you can be a toro boat or a very good gun boat.

At this price range it’s probably the best.

[PMI]
Players
2,392 posts
5,599 battles
37 minutes ago, Giorgio_marksman said:

Thanks for being one of the only people who’s answer actually helped, if I were asking for a prem camo I would have told you guys (which i’m not because I already have too many normal camo’s and flags) once again I thank you for your answer!:Smile_great:

Erm, they why post if you are going to simply disregard advice?

Go ahead and get a high tier ship, given you skill, or lack thereof, you will be back here in no time complaining how the game is rigged.

Merry christmas all.

Players
1,165 posts
9,136 battles
Vor 20 Stunden, Giorgio_marksman sagte:

Any advice on which prem to get?

Your selection is a bit limited with this amount of doubloons, but there are some fun mid-range DDs to be had.

I'd go for Okhotnik, after which you'd still have half of them coins left for other purposes. That ship is both ridiculous and fun, and also a fairly strong Tier V DD once you figure it out. Or blow it all on Leningrad, which is still an excellent and very fast Tier VII DD.

Sims' price is in the middle of those two and the ship is also a good choice, especially if you consider yourself a team player first and foremost. Your smokes are no longer quite as useful for your team as depicted in the respective Flamu video because WG have increased the smoke firing concealment penalty since. But it's still a capable ship with fairly good AA for her tier, which in contrast to Kidd does not come at the expense of the torpedo armament.

Or you could save it for now and bank on WG possibly making the T-61 available for in-game purchase from the Tech Tree one of these days. It is about the strongest DD of Tier VI, if not ridiculously overpowered. It would be bound to be in your price range since they sell the Z-39 at a just slightly higher price, 5,900 doubloons. However, there is the risk they may just not do that in the foreseeable future, or possibly even do the opposite and remove the ship from sales completely. You never know.

Anshan is another DD I regard highly, it's basically a Gnevny (so lots of speed and firepower from hard-hitting guns) but with twice the torpedo range. And these are not deep water torpedoes, so worse concealment but you can actually threaten destroyers with them, too. Which I like. It is of course particularly useful to have as a captain trainer, should you plan to grind up the pan-Asian tech tree line one of these days.

This is not something that can be said of Blyskawica. Even if WG should add more Polish ships in the future, it's bound not to be a complete tech tree line. Still, the ship is regarded very highly in the community. I haven't even gotten around to try mine yet since it is a recent acquisition. If you're not Polish and simply want the ship for patriotic reasons, then this would probably be a ship to get only after you have maxed out a few commanders from the big main nations and use them to regularly grind lots of Elite Commander XP, which you can then use to level up the Polish commander more quickly.

This has all been written with the regular prices in mind, while I just read in another forum post that the current tech tree discounts also seem to affect the premium ships. If that's true, then this might put DeGrasse into your price range, which is probably the best cruiser you can get for your gold. It's slightly sturdier and less gimmicky than the regular Tier VI French tech tree cruiser La Galissonniere - doesn't get a reload booster but has quicker firing guns as standard.

Or you could get several of the DDs mentioned, like an Okhotnik plus a Sims.

• Cool 1

[R7S]
Players
18 posts
2,641 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

Erm, they why post if you are going to simply disregard advice?

Go ahead and get a high tier ship, given you skill, or lack thereof, you will be back here in no time complaining how the game is rigged.

Merry christmas all.

Hey didn’t mean to be stubborn, just saying I asked for a ship, not a camo. I already said that I don’t like being judged by my profile and wr, why? Because:

1) I have improved since when I started (clearly) and my stats are affected by when I was bad at playing this game

2)When I ask for advice on a high tier ship (which unlike you think I am perfectly capable of playing) I get many other players (such as you) who instead of giving me the advice I asked for offer some other options which I don’t want, and get mad when I refuse them! If I wanted to buy some prem camo’s I would have asked ‘which camo can I buy with 5k dobloons?’ but that’s not what I asked, because I know I can handle tier 6-7 ships (because I can’t buy any t8 ships which many of you keep saying I can’t handle). Instead of telling me I have no skill, which even if it were true I probably would already know, think a second longer and understand that if someone (for examples) asks you what sports car you can buy with a certain amount of money you don’t reply telling them to buy a family car! Same goes for ships and camo’s, I asked for a ship and not a camo because I want a ship and not a camo.

I wish you happy holidays.

[NED]
Players
4,200 posts
11,706 battles

I just bought Z-39. It's for sale now and IIRC in your price bracket. Though I must warn you it's not an "all-round easy click and forget" DD to play.

[L4GG]
Players
1,552 posts
6,285 battles
1 hour ago, Giorgio_marksman said:

I want a ship and not a camo.

Actually what they said to you it's not bad idea.

All premium ships that i bought so far end up in the port collecting dust., they are a dead end that leads  to nowhere, (no next ship) and the experience that  you gain dies there.

training captains, i can do that in the regular ones. (ok, may turn easier to bipass certain ships, like Pensacola). And battling with a training ship it's not very fun.

I sold Emden, i sold Smith.

Premium time, can put your grind in overdrive, in a faster lane.

I don't know about you, but i think i will get it something like that.

It would make much easier  going  directly to Leander. Bypassing a lot of emeralds 

the only line that it's missing in my port.

I'll take those advices.

Thank you guys

[BS4]
Players
765 posts
5,156 battles
3 hours ago, Giorgio_marksman said:

Hey didn’t mean to be stubborn, just saying I asked for a ship, not a camo. I already said that I don’t like being judged by my profile and wr, why? Because:

1) I have improved since when I started (clearly) and my stats are affected by when I was bad at playing this game

2)When I ask for advice on a high tier ship (which unlike you think I am perfectly capable of playing) I get many other players (such as you) who instead of giving me the advice I asked for offer some other options which I don’t want, and get mad when I refuse them! If I wanted to buy some prem camo’s I would have asked ‘which camo can I buy with 5k dobloons?’ but that’s not what I asked, because I know I can handle tier 6-7 ships (because I can’t buy any t8 ships which many of you keep saying I can’t handle). Instead of telling me I have no skill, which even if it were true I probably would already know, think a second longer and understand that if someone (for examples) asks you what sports car you can buy with a certain amount of money you don’t reply telling them to buy a family car! Same goes for ships and camo’s, I asked for a ship and not a camo because I want a ship and not a camo.

I wish you happy holidays.

Cb5oQWa.gif

I think they were just trying to be helpful and giving you options that's all.....some (options) were actually good value for dubloons atm.

Warspite

Abruzzi               good ships that will I think give you some change left over.

Players
889 posts
7,322 battles

Premium ship recommendations are a bit tricky, because it's IMO mostly about what style of ship you like to play. Unpopular opinion, but the ship balance in this game is overall preeeety good, so there aren't many irredeemable stinkers. And it makes no sense to buy a ship you don't like to play, however OP it is.

I'd second the recommendation to grind the Shinomone from the campaign.

I'd highly recommend the Okthotnik to anyone, it's such a hilarious ship to play. However it's also a bit peculiar and thus not the best training ship.

IMO De Grasse is a great training cruiser. You get guns with decent AP and HE, also decent torps and decent AA. It's a very non-gimmicky, generalist cruiser.

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles

So, what you say is you want a DD that helps you to get to T10? Are you sure you want a DD?

If you like gunboating, get Sims. It can print credits & XP by grinding operation Dynamo.

It's also good in a general way, and you can train your captains on it if they go dumb again when they get a new ship. 

My div-mate has it and he's finding it a very good ship. It does not excell in any job (except AA) but does all things more than OK.

If you like torp boats then I would not really know. I have Tachibana, cost me 89cts. LOL ship but no good money/XP.

I don't know if Asashio is any good. Alternatively you could do the Pan-Asian, but I do not know which one is good.

The British ones are good boats. I know because they are a nuisance to my BBs. Gallant is kinda meh and Campbelltown is a LOLboat like Tachibana.

So if you go the Brits, Cossack it must be (and is also GREAT at farming XP/credits in Dynamo).

What you want a premium for, is:

- to train 'dumb again' captains for the next tier;

- to farm (free)XP and credits and captain points. 

- for fun... 

They will NOT help you grind the line (except for free XP), but they can do the above things.

Also, what matters most is if you like the playstyle of the ship. But you'll only know if you grind to T5 or so.

• Cool 3

[HOUSE]
Players
205 posts
4,418 battles
23 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

If you like gunboating, get Sims. It can print credits & XP by grinding operation Dynamo

Is Dynamo on the list of weekly operations and wasn't that one only for British and French destroyers? 

On 12/25/2018 at 10:55 PM, Giorgio_marksman said:

Any advice on which prem to get?

I was about to update with the ship sale being made right now that it was a good time to invest in ships (as pointed out earlier). 

Since you have already gotten some ships for Christmas as it looks like on Wows-numbers.com I hope they give you the enyoyment you expected.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,392 battles

Premium camo for T10.

People still dont understand that you get a premium ship that way (economy wise).

If you dont agree ... then just add more gold and get urself a Tirpitz like everyone else did/does :) 

• Cool 1

[PK11]
Beta Tester
618 posts
10,023 battles
Vor 22 Minuten, nambr9 sagte:

If you dont agree ... then just add more gold and get urself a Tirpitz like everyone else did/does :) 

You mean the Tirpitz the OP already owns? Kindly read post #1.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,731 posts
7,392 battles
2 hours ago, Donnerturm said:

You mean the Tirpitz the OP already owns? Kindly read post #1.

Ye missed that .... i mean ... everybody owns a Tirpitz how could I be so naive :)

• Funny 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
578 posts
3,305 battles

Depends really on your playstyle. You could go for the Gadjah Mada. Which is a pan asian silver ship at T7. It's like the Gearing but with deepwater torps in a nice tier bracket. You save doubloons and learn how to play the Gearing, kinda. With the doubloons you have saved you can buy a premium camo for her. 

I recently bought the premium T-61 at T6, idk if it is up for doubloons? But man she is a beast and allot fun to play! 

Like others have mentioned the Leningrad at T7 is also a really good ship but does not really reflect the other russian DD's playstyle. And you need a dedicated captain for it. If you were able to get that Alexander guy as a captain I suggest you put him on it. 

For cruisers the Fiji is an awesome ship at T7 which is also a silver ship but its is one of the strongest at her tier. 

I can also recommend the Perth at T6 which is a commonwealth ship so you need to train a captain for her. But it is a really good boat. It is like what you would have wanted from the Huanghe, which I also own. But the Perth is just better imho.