You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_chikor

Stalingrad

216 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
13,581 battles
2 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

It is very strong and has pretty bullshitty guns. And as far as I know every CC I watched said it was too much and very powerful. But WG released it anyways so there is that.

well apart from flamu i dont know who , but okey . still , even if the CCs are disagreeing with  wg , the community isn't , look at the comments on this thread , and you may have the impression that staling is a below average  cruiser .

3 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Oh clearly it's more than "a good ship", in particular in FFA where it's so easy to find bad player and farm them with Stalingrad monster guns. On the other hand, I see all tier 10 cruisers as complete monsters with sky-high potential, so I still think Stalingrad isn't THAT much of an outlier. And as great as it is in CB, it's still a ship most decent clans with a good line-up can face.

yeahmore than good ,   a nightmare in CBs ,  i'd say these are good reasons to  tune it down a bit 

• Boring 1

[-RM-]
Players
51 posts
11,902 battles

It it’s a totally balanced ship, let’s nerf the price of the steel, knock it down to 15k, wouldn’t change anything right? I mean if it’s a completely balanced ship who cares if everyone can get it? Make the special ‘rewards’ purely cosmetic, that was the people who care happy having something special  to remind the plebs they are better don’t effect the game.

im honestly worried about the influx in steel ships, I think if all the new T10 ships start becoming steel this game will start declining and people will start leaving, and competitive will become smaller and smaller with less newer people joining because they can’t compete with ship compositions, I don’t think it’s healthy for a game to divide the player base like that, like it or not games need the plebs and the paying masses to keep it afloat

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
13,581 battles
1 minute ago, HNRDecado said:

It it’s a totally balanced ship, let’s nerf the price of the steel, knock it down to 15k, wouldn’t change anything right? I mean if it’s a completely balanced ship who cares if everyone can get it? Make the special ‘rewards’ purely cosmetic, that was the people who care happy having something special  to remind the plebs they are better don’t effect the game.

im honestly worried about the influx in steel ships, I think if all the new T10 ships start becoming steel this game will start declining and people will start leaving, and competitive will become smaller and smaller with less newer people joining because they can’t compete with ship compositions, I don’t think it’s healthy for a game to divide the player base like that, like it or not games need the plebs and the paying masses to keep it afloat

omg at last someone who have the capacity of thinking , thanks 

Players
1,662 posts
7,096 battles
2 hours ago, wot_chikor said:

Little disclaimer at the start , if you get offended quickly , don't read this , you have been warned.

with that out of the way ,  today and for the first time i want to comlapin  about the community not about WG .

to all supertesters , to all CCs ,  and top clans players  . how did non of you step aside and said no to this abomination that is the  stalingrad ? how can you be so selfish and irresponsable  to a game that you supposed to love ? 

i got it today and fankly i am disapointed ,its just  a big " fu " machine to everyone in the enemy with very little counters , has probably best guns at tier10 , gret pen and pen-angles , radar , armor , speed ,, just everything . it has been a nightmare in CBs to  see , and  now more people  will have them . i have seen clans running 3 and 4 , even 6 of them ,  and i have screenshots 

trust me on this WG , its NOT just " a ship " , it WILL damage the health and balance of the game ,  please learn from mistakes made in world of tanks  , and fix this , NERF it , i know you can , you did it before in tanks , , and  expel every SINGLE tester who gave a positive feedback that the ship was ready , they are no use to you if they continue missleading you  . 

at the end , i know there are many people who dont like my posts , but i would love to see  how can you  disagree with me on this one  , because  if you know that the sun rises from the east , and cacti are not meant for sitting on , then you should know that stalingrad is Broken 

Since its so OP, but you have it. Why are you complaining then? I dont get it

[B0TS]
Players
451 posts
13,581 battles
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Since its so OP, but you have it. Why are you complaining then? I dont get it

i dont want a op ship to make me feel better  , its not good for others at least 

Players
1,662 posts
7,096 battles
1 minute ago, wot_chikor said:

i dont want a op ship to make me feel better  , its not good for others at least 

So join a noob clan and help them get through CBs with your Stalingrad or Sell the Stalingrad at least then its not you doing the OPing.

Stalingrad is not really that OP, it plays like the Kronshtadt and has the same weak armour as it the only difference is it has higher sigma big deal.

Play your stalingrad Ill kill it just as easy!!

• Funny 1

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
571 posts
12,226 battles

Its not unbalanced, From what ive seen at all. Its strong like any other ship when played to its strengths, and it plays similar to moskva but closer to Kronshtadt. The reason it probably seems like its 'op' is probably because the playerbase as a whole does not have much in the way of common sense so any capable player with one will punish you for stupid errors you make and generally its capable decent players that will own one, so ofc it seems that way.  

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,318 posts
8,747 battles

Pretty much what someone said in one of the first posts - for wg it's a business and they care for the income. Stalingrad has become popular and got a name of one of the most if not the most OP ship in the game. Now just start making events for steel and sell it bit by bit in the premium shop and everyone will throw their money on the screen just to get them one step closer to the ship they want. Not long ago they sold same premium ships that were in the premium shop all the time just painted black because of black Friday. Balance of this game is wg last worry. As long as people still play it their main focus is on money now and not on perfecting this game. Just like in wot.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
8,114 battles
1 hour ago, HNRDecado said:

Make the special ‘rewards’ purely cosmetic

This would have been the better way to go from the beginning, yeah

• Cool 1

[MXII]
Players
63 posts

Good evening,

This thread is interesting, you are welcome to discuss and share opinion about Stalingrad.

But that's about it.

A little reminder of the Forum rules for those who may have forgot them : Forum rules

Do not post if it's to troll or resort to personal attack, Thank you.

Admiral Hierrark

• Cool 1

Players
5,418 posts
9,370 battles
3 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

Now, here's an example of a super-unicum stats with his tier 10 cruisers :
image.thumb.png.07520435b1bd9741e93ee48f7fe418c2.png

To me it doesn't seems like Stalingrad is that much of an outlier. An we're talking a guy that use all its ship to its full potential.

I know what you are trying to say here, but to be fair: Looking at the best players and compare the stats that way doesnt really tell you much. Let me explain. There is sort of a "maximum" damage you can achieve in avarage. You see a lot of the best players beeing in this same range, the same, that we see on the screenshot. It simply isnt possible - on avarage - to get much higher. So given that a player can pull out the maximum out of one ship (which those players can, we agree on that I guess), they will get into this range. The same goes for Winrate pretty much. Certain factors will push you in some ranges +/- a few Percent. Solo-->Division-->Division with CV (given the division players are the same skill) = rising Winrate. You say it yourself: what will be much more interesting, is this:

3 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

For me, the definition of OP is "a vehicle/character/whatever that even a moron can use to relative success".

Which we should soon see? I cant wait for the first 50% randoms players to get their hands on Stalin. Im serious. It will actually tell us a lot. We just have to hold our horses a little bit longer.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,519 posts
9,981 battles
9 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Which we should soon see? I cant wait for the first 50% randoms players to get their hands on Stalin. Im serious. It will actually tell us a lot. We just have to hold our horses a little bit longer.

I am no 50% noob, but have never played clan battles and will soon get her.

I am equally interested how it performs in my hands beleive me.

In the meantime i built a tank Moskva build and practicing :D

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
14 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I know what you are trying to say here, but to be fair: Looking at the best players and compare the stats that way doesnt really tell you much. Let me explain. There is sort of a "maximum" damage you can achieve in avarage. You see a lot of the best players beeing in this same range, the same, that we see on the screenshot. It simply isnt possible - on avarage - to get much higher. So given that a player can pull out the maximum out of one ship (which those players can, we agree on that I guess), they will get into this range. The same goes for Winrate pretty much. Certain factors will push you in some ranges +/- a few Percent. Solo-->Division-->Division with CV (given the division players are the same skill) = rising Winrate. You say it yourself: what will be much more interesting, is this:

I don't think stats mean that much after a certain level. As they can be inflated by Division play and there's an upper limit to what Random Battles alone can tell you about someone as a good chunk of their PR/WR will be due to bad play from others rather than elite level unicorn skills.

• Cool 2

[SLAPP]
Players
892 posts
16,029 battles
4 hours ago, wot_chikor said:

please learn from mistakes made in world of tanks 

If you played WOT you know how WG likes it's Russian bias vehicles. Why having Stalingrad in WOWS surprises you?

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,984 battles

I still pref Moskva for randoms... As for CB I never liked sstatic ships and Stalingrad is no exception.

[THESO]
Players
930 posts
8,669 battles
1 minute ago, Affeks said:

I still pref Moskva for randoms... As for CB I never liked sstatic ships and Stalingrad is no exception.

It could get worse, i was forced to play a DM... Do you know what thats like for a DD player?  :cap_cool::Smile_hiding:

Stalin is a strong ship but not an end all be all super ship... Its a variation of Moskva the ultimate roadblock. It punishes mistakes sure, but its armour scheme is actually inferior to Moskva as is its HE. 

Someone mentioned its 60 sec DEFAA, yes it lasts 60 sec BUT is DOESNT improve its AA DPS so you can still drop it with torp bombers pretty easily since its huge and turns like a brick. Lets not talk about AP bombs... :Smile_trollface:

Players
2,788 posts
13,027 battles

Best Christmas thread today, thanks Chickenuggets. :cap_popcorn:

As to the actual ship. Don't have it. My Henri however loooooves to burn it. So combustible and can't do anything in return to my Henri... so OP... so O.P.

• Funny 1

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,984 battles
2 minutes ago, DJ_Die said:

It could get worse, i was forced to play a DM... Do you know what thats like for a DD player?  :cap_cool::Smile_hiding:

Stalin is a strong ship but not an end all be all super ship... Its a variation of Moskva the ultimate roadblock. It punishes mistakes sure, but its armour scheme is actually inferior to Moskva as is its HE. 

Someone mentioned its 60 sec DEFAA, yes it lasts 60 sec BUT is DOESNT improve its AA DPS so you can still drop it with torp bombers pretty easily since its huge and turns like a brick. Lets not talk about AP bombs... :Smile_trollface:

Moskva def AA has much shorter cooldown as well, not to mention you rarely get use out of 60 seconds of def AA. Usually its around 20 seconds or even less if enemy CV baits it out.

Anyway, Moskva is much more consistent in the variety of engagements random battles provide.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,508 posts
17,759 battles
10 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Moskva def AA has much shorter cooldown as well

Which if I remember correctly (160 seconds cd?) will rarely ever matter unless you're very close to the enemy CV or faced against a GZ which services super fast. A "normal" CV usually needs around 3 minutes to be in position for another attack, cutting it extremely close but your DFAA should be up again by the time aircraft return.

(That's assuming you cancel DFAA once aircraft have left. If you just let it run then it's obviously gonna be up way too late.)

Ofc a Midway could just dive on you with TBs, force DFAA then attack with totally balans AP DBs once it has run out but that's not exactly a fate unique to the Stalingrad.

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,984 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Which if I remember correctly (160 seconds cd?) will rarely ever matter unless you're very close to the enemy CV or faced against a GZ which services super fast. A "normal" CV usually needs around 3 minutes to be in position for another attack, cutting it extremely close but your DFAA should be up again by the time aircraft return.

(That's assuming you cancel DFAA once aircraft have left. If you just let it run then it's obviously gonna be up way too late.)

Ofc a Midway could just dive on you with TBs, force DFAA then attack with totally balans AP DBs once it has run out but that's not exactly a fate unique to the Stalingrad.

Its still a longer cooldown. As you well know there are tonnes of 30-40% WR CV players at those tiers who dont group squads and attack in illogical ways.

Ill take 60 sec shorter cooldown (180 sec vs 120 sec) over a very situational 20 second longer uptime.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
12,508 posts
17,759 battles
1 minute ago, Affeks said:

Its still a longer cooldown. As you well know there are tonnes of 30-40% WR CV players at those tiers who dont group squads and attack in illogical ways.

Very true. I'm just pointing out that this isn't as big of a weakness as it may seem at first.

(Although really, it was never going to be a substantial weakness anyway considering the scarcity of high tier CVs.)

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
930 posts
8,669 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Very true. I'm just pointing out that this isn't as big of a weakness as it may seem at first.

(Although really, it was never going to be a substantial weakness anyway considering the scarcity of high tier CVs.)

Well see what happens after the rework... Stalin is pretty easy to kill by CVs as it is... 

[LEEUW]
Players
1,551 posts
9,699 battles
42 minutes ago, DJ_Die said:

Well see what happens after the rework... Stalin is pretty easy to kill by CVs as it is... 

Maybe theyll buff its AA. I mean, it's gotta stay OP after the rework right? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[LOLIS]
Players
4 posts
6,459 battles
9 hours ago, wot_chikor said:
10 hours ago, michauorin said:

If wg didn't graciously delete my replays from beginning of the season i'd happily record you some cb replays with stalins getting eaten by Zaos and Moskvas. 

You don't need 50mm pen to deal with it, you need focus fire, patience, and careful positioning. This ship punishes mistakes heavily, while being vulnerable to organised proper counterplay. Pushing into crossfires is a no go regardless if they're set by a stalin or not, but stalin lets jump on that much harder.

Is it bad that we have a ship punishing mistakes? 

There is a certain problem with this ship, but it doesn't have to do with the ship itself, but the matchmaking weight it received. 

Arguably no other cruiser can lock out as effectively, while moskva is better overall as a cruiser it doesnt have the bb threat in guns.

It would not be unreasonable for cruiser killers to be separated MM wise.  Note i say cruiser killers, including HIV.

again , same to what i said before , what cruiser doesn't take heavy dmg from hindo or IFHE henri ?  doesn't mean  stalingrad is not op just because it takes dmg from these ships

It's very nice how you completely missed my point. May i ask you to find the parts where i mentionned hinden or ifhe HIV, read then again, and reconsider the answer? Hint. There is no mention of those ships.

So i assume it either isn't answer to this post or you did not read it at all.

Oh, and a cruiser that does not take heavy damage from these 2 is a Zao. Because a Zao will just disengage.

Unless it's a Zeyo, but let's skip over that and assume correct play.