You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_chikor

Stalingrad

216 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,231 battles

Little disclaimer at the start , if you get offended quickly , don't read this , you have been warned.

with that out of the way ,  today and for the first time i want to comlapin  about the community not about WG .

to all supertesters , to all CCs ,  and top clans players  . how did non of you step aside and said no to this abomination that is the  stalingrad ? how can you be so selfish and irresponsable  to a game that you supposed to love ? 

i got it today and fankly i am disapointed ,its just  a big *edited* machine to everyone in the enemy with very little counters , has probably best guns at tier10 , gret pen and pen-angles , radar , armor , speed ,, just everything . it has been a nightmare in CBs to  see , and  now more people  will have them . i have seen clans running 3 and 4 , even 6 of them ,  and i have screenshots 

trust me on this WG , its NOT just " a ship " , it WILL damage the health and balance of the game ,  please learn from mistakes made in world of tanks  , and fix this , NERF it , i know you can , you did it before in tanks , , and  expel every SINGLE tester who gave a positive feedback that the ship was ready , they are no use to you if they continue missleading you  . 

at the end , i know there are many people who dont like my posts , but i would love to see  how can you  disagree with me on this one  , because  if you know that the sun rises from the east , and cacti are not meant for sitting on , then you should know that stalingrad is Broken 

Edited by hierrark
This comment was edited for inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 16
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 4

[SWTP]
Players
386 posts
6,439 battles

I do not know, I've seen them melting very quickly under focus HE fire even if no one could AP them from the side.  Many said it is OP, WG never listens and now we have 100$ bundle with a campaign for a bit of steel, why will it sell do you think?  Stalin is marketings team holy grail for everyone. They will make a lot of money in future on it.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Players
126 posts
7,178 battles
1 minute ago, DariusJacek said:

I do not know, I've seen them melting very quickly under focus HE fire even if no one could AP them from the side. 

What does that prove? Do you know a ship that doesn't melt under focus fire?

• Cool 6

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,231 battles
2 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

I do not know, I've seen them melting very quickly under focus HE fire even if no one could AP them from the side.  Many said it is OP, WG never listens and now we have 100$ bundle with a campaign for a bit of steel, why will it sell do you think?  Stalin is marketings team holy grail for everyone. They will make a lot of money in future on it.

so are you actualy telling me that this ship is completly fine ? *edited*

2 hours ago, The_Baptist said:

What does that prove? Do you know a ship that doesn't melt under focus fire?

i actualy know one , its Stalingrad ...... 

Edited by hierrark
This comment was edited for inappropriate remarks
  • Bad 3

[10GO]
Players
1,104 posts
11,085 battles
1 minute ago, wot_chikor said:

i actualy know one , its Stalingrad ...... 

Have you tried to play it in CW when there are HIV's and their only job is to melt you with IFHE... you melt real fast...

• Cool 6

[SWTP]
Players
386 posts
6,439 battles
2 hours ago, wot_chikor said:

so are you actualy telling me that this ship is completly fine ?*edited*

Ido not have it nor do I intend to have. I do not have Belfast, GC or other broken crap as well. I do not care for Stalingrad really. I am more worried byCV rework now then odd Stalin in one of 20 battles.

• Cool 3

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,231 battles
2 hours ago, GrumpyRolf said:

Have you tried to play it in CW when there are HIV's and their only job is to melt you with IFHE... you melt real fast...

is that is the balance factor ? you need to bring 2 HIV and spec them just to deal with stalingrad ? ( witch we actualy did in my clan ) 

if that is not an argument that stalingrad is broken then i dont know what is . its just sad that you of all people are saying that Grumpy

2 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Played a few games on my Stalingrad. Must say that I still prefer the Moskva.

i get it , you are insulting me indirectly , thanks .

[SWTP]
Players
386 posts
6,439 battles
1 minutę temu, wot_chikor napisał:

is that is the balance factor ? you need to bring 2 HIV and spec them just to deal with stalingrad ? ( witch we actualy did in my clan ) 

if that is not an argument that stalingrad is broken then i dont know what is . its just sad that you of all people are saying that Grumpy

Balance in WG game? Ha ha ha. Every new line breaks it all the time, it is a business model mate. Get real.

• Cool 4

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,231 battles
2 hours ago, ADMIRAL_KUTUZOV said:

Stalingrade is fine just learn how to play the ships that counter it :cap_popcorn:

heheheh pls not you ,  i know you like your stalin but come on ,  really :/

2 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

Balance in WG game? Ha ha ha. Every new line breaks it all the time, it is a business model mate. Get real.

now that is actualy something i can agree with , because i have certinly seen  it in previous WG games , but that will only harm the game in the mid to long term 

• Cool 2

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,064 posts
6,701 battles

It's just an overhyped Moskva. It can't hide, it's a huge target, it's a tasty snack for CVs (AP Bomb in particular), it only got a good armor (mitigated by the sheer size of the thing and the easy-to-reach citadel) and incredible guns.

It's clearly too strong because the guns punishes mistakes very harshly, but on the other hand, it only really works against bad players that don't angle. Its HE DPM is absolutely terrible and any 50mm-penetration face-melter like Conqueror, Henri IV or Hindenburg will just chip its life away while the Stalingrad can't really do much to them.

I know tester that had it, and said to WG it was too strong, but on the other hand it's clearly a glorified Moskva. I think I'd rather get the Azuma if what I've seen of that IJN bugger is representative of its ability after release.

It's a bit too powerful, but it's clearly not the world-ender-machine that somes says it is. I've seen it played by very meh players and tbh it's one of the first ship to die.

• Cool 2

[OP]
Beta Tester
300 posts
2,771 battles
1 minute ago, wot_chikor said:

i get it , you are insulting me indirectly , thanks .

Why? Moskva has better durability, laser guns and better rof.

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,231 battles
2 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

It's just an overhyped Moskva. It can't hide, it's a huge target, it's a tasty snack for CVs (AP Bomb in particular), it only got a good armor (mitigated by the sheer size of the thing and the easy-to-reach citadel) and incredible guns.

It's clearly too strong because the guns punishes mistakes very harshly, but on the other hand, it only really works against bad players that don't angle. Its HE DPM is absolutely terrible and any 50mm-penetration face-melter like Conqueror, Henri IV or Hindenburg will just chip its life away while the Stalingrad can't really do much to them.

I know tester that had it, and said to WG it was too strong, but on the other hand it's clearly a glorified Moskva. I think I'd rather get the Azuma if what I've seen of that IJN bugger is representative of its ability after release.

It's a bit too powerful, but it's clearly not the world-ender-machine that somes says it is. I've seen it played by very meh players and tbh it's one of the first ship to die.

best hp and armor and guns and penetration and pen angles  and speed and 1 min long def AA and you tell me its not op because  it cant handle HE from hindi and conq ? 

i am sorry mate , but your arguemtn is really week , 

at least show me what cruisers can take HE of hindi and conq ? 

2 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Why? Moskva has better durability, laser guns and better rof.

*edited*

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[UTW]
8,064 posts
6,701 battles
9 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

at least show me what cruisers can take HE of hindi and conq ? 

All cruisers can, because they can kite and they also have HE DPM. I'd rather not engage a DPM contest with a DM if I can with a Hindenburg. Or even a Zao, because Zao can just use its burst ability to nail Hinden with accurate 10k salvoes.

On the other hand I can say that Stalingrad have a really hard time to dictacte engagement. It's the first spotted, it's huge so most shells hits, it's sluggish with a weak broadside so turning away to kite is hard. Its only real good point are the railgun AP shells with improved angle. Those hurts like hell... if your target is badly or not angled. I've seen Stalingrad in CB or FFA doing very low damage on my ships after the first salvo that immediately saturated my superstructure.

Clearly it's a strong ship, maybe too strong in good hands, but I really feels like people are over-reacting way too much. Moskva is as dangerous, can tank way more easily and at least can spam HE to decent results when it doesn't have any available broadside.

The only time I felt hopeless against Stalingrad is when our clan found themselves against SPUDS in CB, they used two Stalingrad and played very agressively and quickly overwhelmed my Moskva and one of our side. But I'm pretty sure the results would have been the same had they used Moskva too. Our strat for that particular match was bad right from the beginning and they got us on our weak side.

Any other Stalingrad we fought in clan battle was stuck in a bow-tanking position very early in the match and died to the focus of our cruisers quite fast, for the simple reason they couldn't disappear and turn.

• Cool 1

[LOLIS]
Players
3 posts
5,586 battles

If wg didn't graciously delete my replays from beginning of the season i'd happily record you some cb replays with stalins getting eaten by Zaos and Moskvas. 

You don't need 50mm pen to deal with it, you need focus fire, patience, and careful positioning. This ship punishes mistakes heavily, while being vulnerable to organised proper counterplay. Pushing into crossfires is a no go regardless if they're set by a stalin or not, but stalin lets jump on that much harder.

Is it bad that we have a ship punishing mistakes? 

There is a certain problem with this ship, but it doesn't have to do with the ship itself, but the matchmaking weight it received. 

Arguably no other cruiser can lock out as effectively, while moskva is better overall as a cruiser it doesnt have the bb threat in guns.

It would not be unreasonable for cruiser killers to be separated MM wise.  Note i say cruiser killers, including HIV.

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,231 battles
1 minute ago, svadilfari said:

yea it´s a stupid ship, hurting especially clan wars.

well that makes us two , because apparently people who have it and abuse its power think its fine 

[OP]
Beta Tester
300 posts
2,771 battles
2 hours ago, wot_chikor said:

*edited*

You can’t convince people with your feelings. I think you should put some time into a topic like this. That way you can get a useful discussion out of it.

But thanks for sharing your feelings :)

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,231 battles
2 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

All cruisers can, because they can kite and they also have HE DPM. I'd rather not engage a DPM contest with a DM if I can with a Hindenburg. Or even a Zao, because Zao can just use its burst ability to nail Hinden with accurate 10k salvoes.

On the other hand I can say that Stalingrad have a really hard time to dictacte engagement. It's the first spotted, it's huge so most shells hits, it's sluggish with a weak broadside so turning away to kite is hard. Its only real good point are the railgun AP shells with improved angle. Those hurts like hell... if your target is badly or not angled. I've seen Stalingrad in CB or FFA doing very low damage on my ships after the first salvo that immediately saturated my superstructure.

Clearly it's a strong ship, maybe too strong in good hands, but I really feels like people are over-reacting way too much. Moskva is as dangerous, can tank way more easily and at least can spam HE to decent results when it doesn't have any available broadside.

well , you said taking but  you meant avoiding , and the citadel , every cruiser have it .

and tanking , it has similar armor to moskva with just 10k HP more ,  almost nothing right ? 

i would agree that HE is not greta but who shoots HE in a BB ^^ all in all your argument is still not convinsing , and please tell me whats the difference between OP and too strong ? 

2 hours ago, michauorin said:

If wg didn't graciously delete my replays from beginning of the season i'd happily record you some cb replays with stalins getting eaten by Zaos and Moskvas. 

You don't need 50mm pen to deal with it, you need focus fire, patience, and careful positioning. This ship punishes mistakes heavily, while being vulnerable to organised proper counterplay. Pushing into crossfires is a no go regardless if they're set by a stalin or not, but stalin lets jump on that much harder.

Is it bad that we have a ship punishing mistakes? 

There is a certain problem with this ship, but it doesn't have to do with the ship itself, but the matchmaking weight it received. 

Arguably no other cruiser can lock out as effectively, while moskva is better overall as a cruiser it doesnt have the bb threat in guns.

It would not be unreasonable for cruiser killers to be separated MM wise.  Note i say cruiser killers, including HIV.

again , same to what i said before , what cruiser doesn't take heavy dmg from hindo or IFHE henri ?  doesn't mean  stalingrad is not op just because it takes dmg from these ships 

[UTW]
8,064 posts
6,701 battles
Just now, wot_chikor said:

and tanking , it has similar armor to moskva with just 10k HP more ,  almost nothing right ? 

It's armor is similar to Moskva true. But the ship is almost as big as a freaking GK. The 50mm part of the bow is way smaller, and it got huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge 25mm section. And since it's so [edited]fat, it also eat waaaay more shells in the superstructure compared to Moskva. A bow-tanking Moskva is a huge pain in the arse since its buff in armor, because it's still the size of a cruiser and it's rather sleek. Many shells just hit the water left and right of it when you fire at it from the front. While Stalingrad take it all.

IMO Moskva is a better tank.

tell me whats the difference between OP and too strong ? 

For me, the definition of OP is "a vehicle/character/whatever that even a moron can use to relative success". Asashio in a way is like that, tho Asashio have very limited potential so it's not exactly OP.

Stalingrad is more of a "ship with a too huge potential in good hand." 

Now, here's an example of a super-unicum stats with his tier 10 cruisers :
image.thumb.png.07520435b1bd9741e93ee48f7fe418c2.png

To me it doesn't seems like Stalingrad is that much of an outlier. An we're talking a guy that use all its ship to its full potential.

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Players
415 posts
10,231 battles
5 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Now, here's an example of a super-unicum stats with his tier 10 cruisers :
image.thumb.png.07520435b1bd9741e93ee48f7fe418c2.png

To me it doesn't seems like Stalingrad is that much of an outlier. An we're talking a guy that use all its ship to its full potential.

alright  maybe you are right , maybe i should play it more to make my full opinion .

but i am sure my opinion WILL stay between too strong and op . it will not go down to "  its just a good ship ' 

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,180 battles

alright  maybe you are right , maybe i should play it more to make my full opinion .

but i am sure my opinion WILL stay between too strong and op . it will not go down to "  its just a good ship ' 

It is very strong and has pretty bullshitty guns. And as far as I know every CC I watched said it was too much and very powerful. But WG released it anyways so there is that.

• Cool 1

[UTW]
8,064 posts
6,701 battles

Oh clearly it's more than "a good ship", in particular in FFA where it's so easy to find bad player and farm them with Stalingrad monster guns. On the other hand, I see all tier 10 cruisers as complete monsters with sky-high potential, so I still think Stalingrad isn't THAT much of an outlier. And as great as it is in CB, it's still a ship most decent clans with a good line-up can face.

Be happy it wasn't released with its previous statistic, when it had a 32mm bow and AP-only. THAT was horribly OP. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1