You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GBDarkAngel

All I want for Christmas is...Well quite a few things really.

11 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Players
19 posts
1,313 battles

Being a working person my time to play Warships is quite limited so when i do i want to jump on and hopefully get a few decent random battles.

The problem is and i think we can all agree is that Random battles along with a few other modes are completely "On their Arse" at the moment with no solution in sight. 

There is so many Bot scripts running just now its laughable.

90% Of the time in Random *Edited. It really isn't pretty.

I watch really good players just give up due to their team *Edited and i cant blame them. 

I am not the best player in the world. Hell i might even be one of the worst but at least i try every game. 

I believe this will just keep driving players away especially those who have jobs and families.

We all know these games are targeted at the benefit scroungers and freeloaders of this world and i doubt that will ever change.  (Clairfy: Im referring to those that choose not to work. Not those that cant for a genuine reason.)

The annoying thing is it is very easy to rectify this. 

It strikes me this is one of the only online multi player games on the planet that you cannot play all the modes including random with and entire team of your clan mates.

Seriously this is why we or i at least join clans because i want to play and chat with like minded people. We want to jump on for a quick few games knowing even if we get our asses kicked we can still get a laugh in chat. 

So please please please for all that is good and wholesome in this world let us play with teams made up of those we want to play with and not those we are forced to play with.

Also sort your matchmaking crap out. Im pretty sure 99.9% of players would be more than happy to wait a few minutes for a game if i meant more accurate matchmaking.

Also start showing some love for those who work for a living and cant play 16 hours a day. 

Also how about rewarding your monthly subscribers. These are your bread and butter but all you do is continually rip the arse out of them. 

That's all for just now.

Oh and Merry Xmas. 

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2

[GBONM]
Players
15 posts
4,490 battles

You can play with made up teams with all your friends in the training room, even select the map, shiptypes and all the things you like to do.

• Cool 1

Players
147 posts
6,573 battles

Just play 3 man divs, ez pz. Been playing for a quite a while and built up a nice community of lads from various clans into one discord server. And I have to say I have made a good share of mates on the way. All while working full time. WG are working on more game modes constantly, so dont worry. There are also constantly special tournaments and events going on, so if your looking for some more historical stuff, its pretty easy to find.

[DAVY]
Players
1,542 posts
9,023 battles
10 minutes ago, GBDarkAngel said:

So please please please for all that is good and wholesome in this world let us play with teams made up of those we want to play with and not those we are forced to play with.

only chance you have of that is to play operations or clan battles...

[RNSF]
Players
19 posts
1,313 battles
5 minutes ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

Just play 3 man divs, ez pz. Been playing for a quite a while and built up a nice community of lads from various clans into one discord server. And I have to say I have made a good share of mates on the way. All while working full time. WG are working on more game modes constantly, so dont worry. There are also constantly special tournaments and events going on, so if your looking for some more historical stuff, its pretty easy to find.

You make a fantastic point there about other clans and discord server etc but here is the thing. Are they like minded though? 

In my mind there would be nothing worse than finding yourself on a server with a couple of snowflakes that need a safe place every time someone swears. 

Definitely something to be investigated though.

• Cool 1

Players
147 posts
6,573 battles
4 minutes ago, GBDarkAngel said:

You make a fantastic point there about other clans and discord server etc but here is the thing. Are they like minded though? 

In my mind there would be nothing worse than finding yourself on a server with a couple of snowflakes that need a safe place every time someone swears. 

Well yes they are,  WOWS I have found probably the best community socially, we now play anything and everything. With a few of us meeting up for drinks when we are in each others area! 

Players
302 posts
9,047 battles
10 minutes ago, GBDarkAngel said:

I’ve been playing solidly for about 3 years with a mate @Mr_Tayto. Since then we’ve also been joined by another like minded player in Rois. We’ve joined a great clan NWP who don’t take everything to serious but competitive enough in CW’s for us all to get a chance at games for steel and have great humour, even the Germans 😉

Once you find a few like minded players and div up it becomes far better and more fun of a game to play.

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,430 battles
7 hours ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

Just play 3 man divs, ez pz.

This I would hardly call a solution to the problem. When I jump into random I don't want to participate in some kind of paralympics because that's the level of play a lot of the time in wows. Farming win rate in 3man div may be fun for a bit but overall If I can't play normally and just bouncing form one one sided battle into another it kills all the fun of playing randoms whatsoever because in that case I can just play co-op which I don't for the same reason of boring one sided battles.

Players
147 posts
6,573 battles
2 hours ago, _Bajkal said:

This I would hardly call a solution to the problem. When I jump into random I don't want to participate in some kind of paralympics because that's the level of play a lot of the time in wows. Farming win rate in 3man div may be fun for a bit but overall If I can't play normally and just bouncing form one one sided battle into another it kills all the fun of playing randoms whatsoever because in that case I can just play co-op which I don't for the same reason of boring one sided battles.

Playing in a 3 man div hardly means a 100% wr. It simply means that you got 2 guys with you that you can rely on, if your decent enough you should be able to solo a flank in your div. However that doesn't mean its gonna be a walk in the park.

[NWP]
Players
740 posts
6,318 battles
14 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

I’ve been playing solidly for about 3 years with a mate @Mr_Tayto. Since then we’ve also been joined by another like minded player in Rois. We’ve joined a great clan NWP who don’t take everything to serious but competitive enough in CW’s for us all to get a chance at games for steel and have great humour, even the Germans 😉

Once you find a few like minded players and div up it becomes far better and more fun of a game to play.

If I could do a loveheart on this post, I would. @Bear_Necessities is an IRL friend and @Roisbheinn too. The Germans (a country of guys I already loved) in the clan are also legends. Helmut (who I can't seem to tag), @Gojuadorai etc. are all proper top lads.

I'm drunk right now, it's Christmas. Sue me.

• Funny 2

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,430 battles
21 hours ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

Playing in a 3 man div hardly means a 100% wr. It simply means that you got 2 guys with you that you can rely on, if your decent enough you should be able to solo a flank in your div. However that doesn't mean its gonna be a walk in the park.

I had my share of div padding in only 2 man div and it was already way above of what can I do solo. Anyway Like I said I don't mind losing as long as it's an interesting battle. Having steamrolls like 12-1 are not really interesting for me to play whether I'm winning or losing since like I said it's what happens in CO-OP and it's boring.