You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear_Necessities

T-61 is a god in ranked sprint

39 comments in this topic

Players
297 posts
9,029 battles

Yeah, the T-61 is a strong ship in randoms. In ranked sprint? I have to class it as OP. With a 19 point captain and hydro special module it's just unstoppable. 

What's everyone else's opinion? What ship are you using? Do you think there are stronger ships in this ranked season than the T-61? 

Pics added to inflate my insufferable ego. 

T-61 ranked.png

T-61 ranked.png 2.png

T-61 ranked.png 11.png

T-61 ranked.png 12.png

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Players
126 posts
7,178 battles

No kidding, the most overpowered T6 DD is doing good at a tier without radar when there are only 5 ships per team, who could have thought it.

• Funny 4

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,686 battles

Yup, did rank 1 in 18 battles in my t61, and she is only running a 14pt cruiser captain, as im not going for german dds

[ADRIA]
Players
4,224 posts
6,782 battles

Yeah, it was called that this will happen whenever ranked gets back to t6... used to be a good tier lat time, now I'm not so sure anymore. Not with T-61s and WVs t7 guns... Typical

[ONIX]
Players
1,086 posts
9,030 battles

22 battles to reach rank 1 with T-61.

No weaknesses and that Hydro + 19 pt captain with RL on a DD heavy meta and yes, T-61 is king.

Amazing the number of DD players who are not only not running RL but are also missing Survailability Expert.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
567 posts
3,264 battles

I just bought her as A Christmas gift to myself. Haven't played ranked with it yet but been testing it in randoms. And man she is not only sexy looking she is fun to play too! 

I run a 10pt captain on her. With basic DD skills 

20181224235450_1.jpg

20181224235505_1.jpg

• Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,792 posts
7,737 battles
26 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Yeah, it was called that this will happen whenever ranked gets back to t6... used to be a good tier lat time, now I'm not so sure anymore. Not with T-61s and WVs t7 guns... Typical

still a LOT better than T5 - neither T-61 nor WeeVee, as good as they undoubtedly are, are anywhere near as ridiculously dominant as Kami/Grem/GC...

T7 is kinda marred by the sheer existence of the Belfast, although there are some decent silver ships there as well

T8 has LoYang and Kidd that kinda make all of the silver DDs obsolete when it comes to contesting caps, and there's Kutuzov as well, kinda decent otherwise.

T9 could be really good - if only none of the Freemiums existed, but they do...

And T10 has Balansgrad, plus we're getting spammed to death with it at every corner anyway...

So yeah, overall I'd consider T6 one of the least bad tiers this Sprint could have happened at (particularly because it's a Sprint, so it's meant to be accessible for newer players as well)

• Cool 6

[ADRIA]
Players
4,224 posts
6,782 battles
15 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

still a LOT better than T5

Or 7. Or even 8 by now. Or 9. Absolutely. Just sad that WG had to poison one of the last "nice" tiers

• Cool 3

Players
2,340 posts
6,671 battles

Well, looks like another ranked tier I don't have to bother with due to teammate RNG instead of my personal skill making up the difference.

7 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

I won her in a Santa box on Sunday and been great fun so far in randoms.

No luck for ships for me for a year now I think? It seems as if the longer you play, the lower the chance of someone actually getting a ship from one of these crates.

I did get 2 of the halloween skins, but I did collect all the free ones and collected some crates from streams and such. All the other crates, no ships.

Lucky for you you were gifted one. But I don't trust RNG.

Players
1,433 posts
14,813 battles
1 hour ago, Bear_Necessities said:

What ship are you using?

Huang He. She is quite strong, in battles without DDs she is borderline OP. 8.1 km concealment with smoke and 8 km torps is fun. 

1371821286_HHranked.thumb.PNG.afbce34cb4d669d648a53c45c33c294c.PNG

• Cool 1

[HOUSE]
Players
205 posts
4,418 battles
2 hours ago, Taliesn said:

Amazing the number of DD players who are not only not running RL but are also missing Survailability Expert.

It is T6 and it shall be a higher amount of players being a lower tier, so not all players have those skills or have not watched as much YouTube build-videos. Having logged 3K battles, myself, I have 1 pcs T10 ship, and not a single 19-point captain at all, I was missing RL but not SE. I used this season to grind my Icarus since ranked was more fun and rewarding than random battles. 

2 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

What ship are you using? 

I used the Icarus (with 12 point captain) in the beginning trying to counter wide range hydro with long time hydro, that got me to Rank 5. Having completed the grind on the Icarus I switched to and ranked out in my Shinonome (without RL). She is a good counter to the T-61 with good alpha with her guns and torpedo spam. 

I consider the Icarus a decent ship as well, baited a lot of destroyers who lost count of my steel fishes. Keeping 2 in the tubes after single firing a crazy mix of angles, charging in and drop that final killing blow with those 2 torpedoes. 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,414 posts
13,826 battles
3 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Yeah, the T-61 is a strong ship in randoms. In ranked sprint? I have to class it as OP.

*laughs in CV*

1 hour ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Huang He.

*cries in CV*

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 8

[SCRUB]
Players
961 posts
7,749 battles
2 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

still a LOT better than T5 - neither T-61 nor WeeVee, as good as they undoubtedly are, are anywhere near as ridiculously dominant as Kami/Grem/GC...

T7 is kinda marred by the sheer existence of the Belfast, although there are some decent silver ships there as well

T8 has LoYang and Kidd that kinda make all of the silver DDs obsolete when it comes to contesting caps, and there's Kutuzov as well, kinda decent otherwise.

T9 could be really good - if only none of the Freemiums existed, but they do...

And T10 has Balansgrad, plus we're getting spammed to death with it at every corner anyway...

So yeah, overall I'd consider T6 one of the least bad tiers this Sprint could have happened at (particularly because it's a Sprint, so it's meant to be accessible for newer players as well)

Yeah Tier 5 is just busted, completely. 

Tier 6 should be fine really, the Mutsu/WV are easily countered, especially by the other BB's with heavier broadside weights, T-61 is the only outlying ship that could cause problems, though Graf Spee in competent hands would too. 

Tier 7 is marred by Belfast and Belfast alone. Though I rarely see them anymore. (And Shira with TRB still hard counters her pretty well.)

Tier 8...those DD's are powerful, but Cossack is better. That one will cause issues there. Other ships are decently balanced, Kutuzov can be smoke blapped so easily. I actually believe Prinz Eugen to be one of the stronger cruisers, as the only ships she really has to fear are NC and Amagi, she can bounce everything else, heal and has German hydro or an amazing AA suite that will swat any tier 8 CV away. (Doubt that will matter after rework but still.) 

Tier 9 I agree, fine without freemiums. Musashi and upcoming Alaska screw the pooch here now. 

Tier 10. Ah. Balansgrad yes. Wasn't a problem in Ranked (she needs co-ordination to be truly 100% effective) but add Azuma and Bourgogne too....battleship calibre crossfire everywhere, will be hard for any other ships to really remain competitive if the MM is swamped with 300mm+ ships only. 

• Cool 2

Players
329 posts
12,968 battles

I do not think a counter-argument can be made. She is indeed incredibly strong. Not strong enough for me to fault the tier 6 in ranked though. This is by far the most enjoyable tier we had so far. In fact, this was the only time I enjoyed myself in ranked. Usually I end up going on a cocaine binge and delve into madness. I cannot stand that stupidity on display, and they drag me down along with them.

This time, I had something to make up for their mental deficiencies. 13 battles to Rank 1 with 100% winrate, only took 3 hours or so. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[-EE-]
Players
27 posts
6,654 battles

Im doing this ranked with Gallant.I observe a bigger influence of DDs in ranked with the lack of radars at this low tier.

You need a fast ship with good concealment,get 1st in cap and win is half gained.

Gallant.jpg

[UNICS]
Players
1,208 posts
15,028 battles
10 minutes ago, myry_1980 said:

bigger influence of DDs in ranked

No ship

shot-18.12.24_18.51.55-0985.jpg

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
567 posts
3,264 battles
5 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Huang He. She is quite strong, in battles without DDs she is borderline OP. 8.1 km concealment with smoke and 8 km torps is fun. 

1371821286_HHranked.thumb.PNG.afbce34cb4d669d648a53c45c33c294c.PNG

I have her too, but I  prefer the Perth. 

[JRM]
Players
943 posts
13,478 battles

Hmm didnt play much sprint yet but judging by the cw mini season that had same setup recently its not quite so op tbh, farragut with his 5 fast reloading guns can really wreck it quite quckly, you just roshomon it and dont give up usually you can get in a quick kill and in 5v5 its a large advantage

[SHAD]
Players
263 posts
1 hour ago, Linkaex said:

I have her too, but I  prefer the Perth. 

The Perth seems to outdo the Huang He everywhere.

33% more fire power

self spotting as has its own plane. 

It feels like Huang he could be a tier 5 ship from the Perth line. 

• Cool 2

[_FK_]
Players
31 posts
3,129 battles

Seen plenty of T-61s, but haven't seen any amazing games/plays from them in my battles. Usually they died in opening minutes. 

Ranked out in Aoba to see how old cruisers stack up, got rank 1 after 17-18 games.

• Cool 3

[POI--]
Players
3,890 posts
5,016 battles

I did play a bit of T-61. It's good, but I personally prefer playing HSF Graf Spee.

But first I need to fix my internet connection.

Players
297 posts
9,029 battles
54 minutes ago, gorichan said:

Seen plenty of T-61s, but haven't seen any amazing games/plays from them in my battles. Usually they died in opening minutes. 

Ranked out in Aoba to see how old cruisers stack up, got rank 1 after 17-18 games.

You have to wonder what sort of players potato so hard in such a great DD as T-61