Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Muppeteer

HMS Dreadnaught

19 comments in this topic

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,891 battles

Hadn't been paying attention to my progress with the missions, and unexpectedly got the Dreadnaught earlier tonight. Had to give it a try and seems it is a good boat. Not convinced I will play it again, but was a fun match.

How is everyone else finding it?

HMS Dreadnaught.png

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
1,852 posts
6,160 battles

I dont have it yez but all i can say, it's HMS Drednought, the ship after who all BB's were later classefied, it's a keeper in any case just because it is the Drednought, need i say more? 

• Cool 2

[PRAVD]
Players
1,105 posts
5,601 battles

Does it contain, next to the chessboard, the plain colour scheme like how it was in the supertest?

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,891 battles
6 minutes ago, Robber_Baron said:

Does it contain the plain colour scheme like how it was in the supertest?

Has this as default prem camo. Didn't get to play it in test so no idea if this is same :)

Dread camo.png

[PRAVD]
Players
1,105 posts
5,601 battles

So no alternative available? That's a shame.

Spoiler

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: brug, lucht, buiten en water

Hmm... maybe I saw it all wrong and this is without any skin implemented. It wouldn't be the first time though. IIRC West Virginia and Boise had a plain colour scheme modelled that is not available for unknown reason.

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles

There's an option to 'not show any artsy-fartsy BS' somewhere in the display options, I think that radar-cog on the right.

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,891 battles
8 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

There's an option to 'not show any artsy-fartsy BS' somewhere in the display options, I think that radar-cog on the right.

Not really on topic, but I turned it all off and the camo remained as above.

Other people who played it finding it good?

[PRAVD]
Players
1,105 posts
5,601 battles

That only reduces a selection of premium skins. The others can only be hidden with a mod I think (the USSR genocidal regime propaganda one for example, as well as every expandable camo).

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor mauritania camouflage

Well, I don't like the looks of it, but apparently she actually wore this scheme under the alias "RMS Mauretania". Note how they conveniently disguised herself as an ocean liner. Even her gun turrets are hidden away!

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

Not to troll or anything, but somehow I find it hilarious how above me - if I saw it correctly - so far noone exactly nailed her actual name.  :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 4

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,891 battles
11 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

Not to troll or anything, but somehow I find it hilarious how above me - if I saw it correctly - so far noone exactly nailed her actual name.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Oops. I am tempted to back and correct my spelling, but that would make your post less funny so I leave it alone ;)

How is HMS Dreadnought going for people?

[NED]
Players
4,201 posts
11,706 battles

I was about to open a thread with a suggestion to WG to slightly expanding the deadline for the mission. In the holidays times lots of players like me want to spend time with family. I don't mind a deadline for winning freemiums but I ask for a compromise: extend the deadline just a tad to say Jan 15th. If I didn't make it before then it's my bad. 

TL:Dr. Deadlines are ok for me. Please give a little more slack

• Cool 2

[CU]
Players
133 posts
12,891 battles
1 minute ago, Muppeteer said:

Oops. I am tempted to go back and correct my spelling, but that would make your post less funny so I leave it alone ;)

Players
268 posts
37 minutes ago, Muppeteer said:

Played it a few times and suppose it's not a bad ship really for its tier 3 class. I do find the turret traverse speed to be horrendously slow though, even with the turret skill used to speed it up a bit. Not so much a problem when shooting at distance ships. But I've had a few DD's coming right near me in about 3 games now, only about 2k away and sailing past me broadside waiting for their torps to reload and I just couldn't keep the turrets on them at all to take any shot each time. No matter how hard I tried different ways to do it in 3 games it happened. Don't know if anyone else has had this happen in it to them yet?

I think maybe they need look at buffing the turret transverse a little.

Don't get me wrong, I obviously don't expect BB turrents to be fast enough to keep pace with a DD sailing past you at close range. But it was bad though, you don't seem to stand a chance of getting any shots in at all, no matter if you try and sail away from them turning into your turret transverse to help speed things up and hope at least 1 turret lines up for a shot.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles
10 hours ago, Robber_Baron said:

So no alternative available? That's a shame.

Hide contents

Afbeelding kan het volgende bevatten: brug, lucht, buiten en water

Hmm... maybe I saw it all wrong and this is without any skin implemented. It wouldn't be the first time though. IIRC West Virginia and Boise had a plain colour scheme modelled that is not available for unknown reason.

When the ship was released the skin was bugged and it was discussed then, the bonuses still applied and ship looked like above. When new patches have arrived the bug was solved and it is the scheme showed in post 5. 

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
578 posts
3,305 battles

I totally missed this event. I would liked to have her in my collection. 

[PRAVD]
Players
1,105 posts
5,601 battles

Sealclubbing? Nah, yesterday in my Albany with 19pt captain I faced people in Dreadnoughts who, according to their emblems, at least reached tier 10.

:Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this