You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Schrowe

Worst Experiences this Ranked Sprint so far.

35 comments in this topic

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
252 posts
5,316 battles

And can my Christmas present from WG be that they ban people who join/queue for a Ranked game and go AFK, from the game mode please? Cheers. Thanks.

Is this a common thing above (i.e. 5-10) rank 5? Havent played much this sprint but Ive had 2 AFK-ers, both on my team in my last 3 games all on my team. So was wondering - what peoples worst experiences so far this ranked sprint?

Below is the match I just had that instigated this post - come at me, where are the matches where you couldn't quite carry enough.

Aigle.thumb.PNG.17e7985df8d47e0b5bf838d3a1e4e50d.PNG

image.thumb.png.a49e7bccd913225b49737e1ace05a6b0.png

Happy Holidays Everyone!

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,837 posts
4,576 battles

ive won a couple of ranked sprint matches with 4/5 kills when my team was "special", when you only have 5 or 6 enemies to deal with, you can often lone-wolf it if you choose a good cap contesting dd, especially if you play with a friend.

I agree tho, afking in ranked should be heavily penalized

Players
2,230 posts
11,845 battles

Have to say only one bad game in the 21 played to rank 1 and colour me surprised. It was a potato CV getting stomped by a good CV.

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
252 posts
5,316 battles
2 minutes ago, thiextar said:

ive won a couple of ranked sprint matches with 4/5 kills when my team was "special", when you only have 5 or 6 enemies to deal with, you can often lone-wolf it if you choose a good cap contesting dd, especially if you play with a friend.

I agree tho, afking in ranked should be heavily penalized

I was more tilted by the fact he loaded in, turned his ship 180 degrees and parked on the 2 line. THEN went AFK.

[MORIA]
Beta Tester
870 posts
13,533 battles

Except for AFKs I had all the drama in my teams. I struggled to find the ship in which I could reliably carry. Started with cruisers till rank 5. But had very mixed results. Then went to DD. That also did npt give me reliable carry potential. Then I tried CV; hell, usually I don't touch them as I am not good enough in them. Totally boring game play as either you pick an AS Ryujo and produce some sort of sky stalemate or you go down. So that was also crap. Leaving me to pick that one class that I usually don't even consider playing as I am smart enough to handle cruisers and destroyers: the Brainless Bully aka BB. To be precise the shotgun Fuso. From there on I did not lose a single star anymore. But now I can't look in the mirror anymore  - a BB player. Yuck.

• Boring 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Played and won 5 full seasons of Ranked. Never again and I feel better for it.

The sheer amount of failure, toxic chat and the feeling you're smashing your head on a wall with glass shards embedded in it cannot be understated. Your life will improve when you stop playing Ranked :cat_bubble:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
8 posts
7,788 battles

It's not afk people that are the biggest problem, some teams I've had this season were outright counter productive. I've had teammates torping me/pushing me out of my cover in almost every 3rd game. I crap you not I'd have been better off with afks.

I also had this gem of a game where I killed the entire enemy team, the last one by ramming (since I had barely any HP left, vs a full HP P. E. Friedrich), and still lost because they had a slight points lead, thanks WG, they totally deserved that star.

YGmQmcY.jpg 

This star system is in a dire need of reworking, like give the best player on the losing team a star (if he gets like 1.3k base exp), the best player on the winning team 2, and don't give the bottom 2 guys on the winning team one unless they break 900 base exp, and voilá, you have a system where people can't progress unless they actually contribute to the matches, and individual skill is still rewarded even if your team is absolute garbage. Thank god this isn't a full season, I was already considering suicide by rank 3.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,837 posts
4,576 battles

I got to rank1 in 18 battles with the t61, I found it to have the biggest carry potential. I wouldn't dream of playing ranked at tier 6 in either bbs or cruisers, they just rely too heavily on teammates in order to get caps and kill dds

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
1,837 posts
4,576 battles
Just now, _Wunterslaush said:

It's not afk people that are the biggest problem, some teams I've had this season were outright counter productive. I've had teammates torping me/pushing me out of my cover in almost every 3rd game. I crap you not I'd have been better off with afks.

I also had this gem of a game where I killed the entire enemy team, the last one by ramming (since I had barely any HP left, vs a full HP P. E. Friedrich), and still lost because they had a slight points lead, thanks WG, they totally deserved that star.

YGmQmcY.jpg 

This star system is in a dire need of reworking, like give the best player on the losing team a star, the best player on the winning team 2, and don't give the bottom 2 guys on the winning team one unless they break 900 base exp, and voilá, you have a system where people can't progress unless they actually contribute to the matches, and individual skill is still rewarded even if your team is absolute garbage. Thank god this isn't a full season, I was already considering suicide by rank 3.

Your star system would insentivise selfish damage farming and not a care in the world about winning. This system has already been tested and scratched in world of tanks

• Cool 1

Players
8 posts
7,788 battles
11 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Your star system would insentivise selfish damage farming and not a care in the world about winning. This system has already been tested and scratched in world of tanks

Of course, but would it not be an improvement? It'd still prevent people of questionable skill to get carried into higher ranks, and help people progress without having to rely entirely on their teammates. You're also saying that as if the current system didn't incentivize selfishness too. I wouldn't ever have been able to rank out in the previous seasons if I didn't put myself ahead of the team. They clearly value base exp as "your worth in the match", so given that, I can't see any other solutions to this problem. I don't give a damn about what world of tanks tested, that's a different game.

Players
147 posts
7,186 battles

the main problem here is that u see ranked as some sort of team mode. its isnt. ranked is pretty simple, u r fighting the green team, the red one is there to provide moving targets....as soon as u understand that there is no "team", ur blood pressure drops significantly.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,461 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Schrowe sagte:

And can my Christmas present from WG be that they ban people who join/queue for a Ranked game and go AFK, from the game mode please? Cheers. Thanks.

Send the replay to customer support with short explanation and if necessary time stamp. Making this thread is not going to do anything.

[BBMM]
Players
4,091 posts
4,582 battles
34 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

the main problem here is that u see ranked as some sort of team mode. its isnt. ranked is pretty simple, u r fighting the green team, the red one is there to provide moving targets....as soon as u understand that there is no "team", ur blood pressure drops significantly.

That's right. Rarely do you see any team activity. When I see it, I'm glad to help. But usually... :Smile_facepalm:

So, got 24h premium, and not doing bad harvesting XP and credits and captain points in the Arizona/Queen E/Normandie (better than randoms)... :Smile_trollface:

[-AP-]
Players
1,837 posts
4,576 battles
1 hour ago, PaxMaggie said:

Actually, i had tons of success by just writing a few short sentances in the beginning of the map.

"i go to this cap, other dd go to that cap", "Cruisers/bbs stay passive at around this position", "Focus my called targets" etc etc.

Id say around 3-4 players in a match listened to some extent, which led to only losing i believe 3 games during the whole thing.

Teamplay works, just not always, and not 100%, but it will increase your win chances, along with picking a ship that isnt team dependent ofc.

Beta Tester
699 posts
5,471 battles

I breezed through rank 10 to rank 2 where I hit a wall with only using Bayern and Gaede. I used Leander for like 5-6 games of win&defeat until rank 1 today.

Also games with CV's was a$$, it litterally boiled down to "Which team got the glue eater this time?"

[SLAPP]
Players
1,340 posts
7,548 battles

i have had no afkers this ranked sprint afaik.

must have been lucky.

Got triggered by the usual ammount of potato's again tho.

[BBMM]
Players
4,091 posts
4,582 battles
56 minutes ago, thiextar said:

"i go to this cap, other dd go to that cap", "Cruisers/bbs stay passive at around this position", "Focus my called targets" etc etc.

Sometimes they do, but sometimes they are illiterate... I have even seen them go A+C.:fish_nerv:

Well, harvest the potatoes while the hunting season is open. :cap_like:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
4 hours ago, _Wunterslaush said:

YGmQmcY.jpg 

This star system is in a dire need of reworking, like give the best player on the losing team a star (if he gets like 1.3k base exp), the best player on the winning team 2, and don't give the bottom 2 guys on the winning team one unless they break 900 base exp, and voilá, you have a system where people can't progress unless they actually contribute to the matches, and individual skill is still rewarded even if your team is absolute garbage. Thank god this isn't a full season, I was already considering suicide by rank 3.

How the F*** do you have THREE times as much XP as the 2nd highest score on your team?!? That screenshot is a borderline name and shame for the rest of your team...

Seeing that makes me glad I keep well away from that game mode! 

Beta Tester
2,440 posts
6,679 battles
3 hours ago, thiextar said:

Actually, i had tons of success by just writing a few short sentances in the beginning of the map.

Your lucky, every time i say ma ideas i get the ckassic :STFU, noob... Etc etc :Smile_sceptic:

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
252 posts
5,316 battles
6 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Send the replay to customer support with short explanation and if necessary time stamp. Making this thread is not going to do anything.

I've long given up on reporting and customer support relating to poor play and afks. 

There nothing that can be done until tutorials improve or YTubers do more. As in ultra beginner "this is how you angle/shoot/torp/dontlickyourscreen".

[BONI]
Players
1,255 posts
11,322 battles

Player behavior has actually been fine, but 4v4 destroyers should never occur. 2 maximum please.

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,254 posts
9,043 battles
20 hours ago, PaxMaggie said:

the main problem here is you and your attitude. Threads like this open because players like you. Its one thing to be deconcentrated/tired/angry and not paying attention about any teamwork but sabotageing the win chances to save a star is another.

Players
126 posts
12,455 battles

No worst experience, if it was only for 3 place 1 lost games in a row before reaching rank one.

I actually potatoed once by thinking I could make the turn in my Mutsu just in time when a New Mex blapped me. So he got a + from me.

But experienced no "strange" player behaviour, not stranger as in COOP or RANDOM.