Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Armada 2.0: Prinz Eitel Friedrich: The Royal Rumbler - Discussion Thread

7 comments in this topic

[XIDAN]
Players
41 posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackensen-class_battlecruiser

The ship introduced here, simple will never exists. The printz eitel was never completed and the hull was scrapped on 1921/1922.

Another point is the bow, where you have find that bow wich that class of ships never had?

I'm hyped to see the future T XI ship

Spoiler

9da644f1215e57b3fd5449dca335837f.jpg

somthing like that

Edited by Spruzzetto
  • Boring 2

[AVH]
Players
1 post
15,674 battles

The first time i play it i was thinking playing as cruzer as it handels super.

The guns are very acurate 

great fun to play

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[T-N-T]
Players
1,952 posts
9,426 battles

Umm, you can really tell this video was shot before testing. Gun turrets that turn cruiser fast? Got nerfed hard...

T5-7 CVs losing "a couple dozen" aircraft, well that's very optimistic and requires a really not bright enemy CV and some decent investment in AA.

Somehow this Armada video felt so much worse than the previous ones that I had to post on it.

• Cool 2

[FANDF]
Players
6 posts
14 hours ago, Milan_V said:

The first time i play it i was thinking playing as cruzer as it handels super.

The guns are very acurate 

great fun to play

my friend i think your plain some other ship, the guns on Prinz Eitel Friedrich are a dessatre  the armor can be easy pen from the front by Bayern the only good thing on that ship is the AA Dff that is all.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[STURM]
[STURM]
Beta Tester
4 posts
8,010 battles

I also think that the video was produced a long time ago and depicts the pre-nerf Prinz Eitel Friedrich (PEF).

Before the nerf the opinions of some renown  Community Contributors were:

1) NoZoupForYou: “This preview was not easy for me, because playing the ship was not easy. While the AA was strong, I found the ship itself to be very lacklustre”.
2) Little White Mouse rates the PEF as “Mehbote”.
3) iChase: “I really like the Prinz Eitel Friedrich, she's got her own thing going for her, her own style of play, yet she isn't broken or gimmicky. Wish all premiums would follow this idea more”.

Not sure why WG found it necessary to nerf the PEF nevertheless.

Just for the one not aware of it the PFE was nerfed around late October 2018. Concretely the changes were:

- The surface detection has been increased from 12.78 to 15.08 km,
- The visibility after MG fired in smoke has been increased from 10.97 to 12.92 km,
- The MG traverse speed has been reduced from 6 to 4 degrees per second,
- The MG recharge time has been increased from 26 to 28 seconds.

On the plus side the sigma was enhanced from 1.9 to 2.0.

After I have made several matches with her I have to say that she is – at least for me - very erratically.

When you are high tier you can really make her work if you can get close to the enemy. On long distances the main guns are not very effective and very unprecise and the AP will produce a lot of bounces and non-damage hits.

On medium and short ranges you can severely punish other ships presenting their broad sides to you.

But it is a completely different story when you get up-tiered. The AP is not working at all. I fired a whole broad side on a tier VII on 6 km distance and got just non-penetrating hits. You are well advised to use almost exclusive HE if you are not high tier.

The gun handling is lethargic. Can’t confirm the statement from the video that the reticule doesn’t derivate if you turn the turrets. And this despite of the huge turn radius of the ship.

The speed is very good, with a speed flag she can make up to some 29.5 knots. That is very handy.

The concealment is with 15.08 km really worse. Its 1.6 km worse than that of the Bayern and if I compare both ships in my port the Bayern is clearly the bigger ship. After the Japanese BBs it’s the worst concealment of all tier VI BBs. For a brawler that is not very helpful it you can’t close in without be shot to pieces.

Yes, the AA is remarkable if you invest heavily into it in terms of modules and captain skills. Against low tier aircrafts you will have good results. But don’t expect too much against higher tier aircrafts.

Concerning her armour I can’t say a lot of bad things, also she has obviously no German Turtle Back armour scheme.

PEF doesn’t come with any consumables beside of Damage Control and Repair Party.  A spotter would have been highly welcomed.

All in all, I’m currently very ambivalent with her. Sometimes (almost always high tier matches) she really performs very well. But as soon as you are middle or low tier and can get quite frustrating.

That she combines the best aspects of both – CA and BB class – I wouldn’t sign.

If I compare her with my Giulio Cesare, the Cesare is clearly the much better ship. I can understand that a lot of people give PEF a pass.

Just my two cents and my first impressions.

Best regards

• Cool 4

Players
419 posts
7,356 battles

The PEF is the worst value I ever got out of my money.

Dispersion is so bad that at 11 km range I managed to land shells both in front and behind an enemy BB while missing everything. 

AP shells have very bad penetration while HE shells are probably the lowest damage for its caliber.

No turtleback and bad concealment means you will take citadels trying to disengage.

My suggestion is to not waste money on the ship and just do the campaign to unlock it for free if you really want this ship.

• Cool 1