You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BarthalomewKuma

PE Friedrich 350mm Mystery

17 comments in this topic

Players
111 posts
7,231 battles

Hello I hope everyone enjoys hollidays :).

So I got this brand new T6 BB as present recently and I took it for a ride obviously (campaign, missions plenty of good reasons) and I must say that despite only 8 350mm guns its somewhat reliable - mostly due to decent speed and tankyness.

That being said I started experiencing some very questionable shoots from those unique 350mm guns noone else got in WoWs.

Now I have seen all after almost 7k games - but PE managed to surprise me - sadly in negative way.

In my games using this ship it's notorious for getting pens for 0 damage - even more than other BBs, most notably only today I had salvo on Nagato 4 pens , 2 overpens and 2k ish damage total lol ?

But that wouldn't convince me to start thread (especially that forum warriors here are notoriously ugly parasites with 40% WR - thankfuly not everyone here is that bad) - but here is a catch !

PE for the VERY FIRST TIME managed to citadel other ship for 0 damage ! Yep I got citadel on Belfast and I got no damage at all for it. White/Black Icon, citadel no doubt. 0 Damage.

So there was other PE in this game and when i mentioned that - he actually confirmed he gets notoriously huge amount of pens etc for 0 damage on this ship.

Btw don't get me wrong ship is quiet okay and enjoyable but 4 pens for 0 damage or citadels for 0 damage is biggest cockblock so far in WoWs ever for me :O.

And explanation that I hit torp bulge for 0 damage could apply to pen - but citadel ? How is that ?

Edit : Screen or it didnt happen - cannot I left wows so I don't have match history sadly. Now I realised too late.

• Boring 3

[CATS]
Players
14,746 posts
10,882 battles

Screenshot of the 0 damage citadel please.

0 damage penetrations are penetrations on turrets (also secondaries and AA) and spaced armor.

• Cool 1

Players
111 posts
7,231 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Screenshot of the 0 damage citadel please.

0 damage penetrations are penetrations on turrets (also secondaries and AA) and spaced armor.

As mentioned gotta play PE more and get screenshoot. Before you posted I already realised screen would be cool but then I dont record games and my only proof was total damage on Belfast on post game screen. But after leaving game it's gone. Sadly so this may sound like myth. But on the other hand why I would lie - that game we won - it was all good, i lived no rage on my part. Just getting citadel icon with 0 damage felt extremelly wrong to me.

[JRM]
Players
957 posts
13,484 battles

Well that shouldnt be possible if you had 0 damage with citpen ribbon it can only be some bug, ok I dont know if perhaps its possible to hit an already hp depleted module that gives cit ribbon but there is no hp left to award damage

Players
111 posts
7,231 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

Well that shouldnt be possible if you had 0 damage with citpen ribbon it can only be some bug

Indeed , maybe it got something with those unique 350mm guns idk. I always got damage for citadels - I never complained about this. Was no reason to obviously and we ale got more than enough citadels lifetime right ?

Nvm its not end of world not like I will play PE that much and all other cits were doing damage on it. Was just curious if anyone else had such experience.

[JRM]
Players
957 posts
13,484 battles

I feel ya bro, as I said IDK maybee its possible to pummel some module on low HP enemy that normally gives citribbon and apropriate damagr when hit but has no hp left to give as damage :Smile_amazed:

Players
111 posts
7,231 battles
1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

I feel ya bro, as I said IDK maybee its possible to pummel some module on low HP enemy that normally gives citribbon and apropriate damagr when hit but has no hp left to give as damage :Smile_amazed:

Yeah I feel kinda stupid now, because without screen sounds like witch hunting hehe. May aswell close it. Prolly you are right , but it would made any seasoned WoWs player kinda curious. 

I suppose I got payback for my bad karma on this very day hahaha.

[CAG]
Beta Tester
54 posts
5,862 battles

Been using the PEF in ranked and so far, citadels do damage. What does happen alot are zero damage penetrations, I guess that due to the shell arcs at longer distances they tend to hit the modules at the top of the ships.

Btw replays are automatically enabled since a recent patch so you will have the 25 games saved.

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles
1 hour ago, BarthalomewKuma said:

As mentioned gotta play PE more and get screenshoot. Before you posted I already realised screen would be cool but then I dont record games and my only proof was total damage on Belfast on post game screen. But after leaving game it's gone. Sadly so this may sound like myth. But on the other hand why I would lie - that game we won - it was all good, i lived no rage on my part. Just getting citadel icon with 0 damage felt extremelly wrong to me.

Replays are now automatically stored in the installation folder so look in "your game drive"/World_of_Warships_EU/replays - there should be the last 30 games in there. Just double click on a replay and it'll play and you can see the citadel and see the damage not increase.

• Cool 2

Players
3,359 posts
5,833 battles
6 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Replays are now automatically stored in the installation folder so look in "your game drive"/World_of_Warships_EU/replays - there should be the last 30 games in there.

Yup. Go there and upload that replay, Id love to see that @BarthalomewKuma

Players
42 posts
40 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Replays are now automatically stored in the installation folder so look in "your game drive"/World_of_Warships_EU/replays - there should be the last 30 games in there. Just double click on a replay and it'll play and you can see the citadel and see the damage not increase.

I did not find any folder with replays. So I doubt he will have it,

[SCRUB]
Players
2,393 posts
7,746 battles
2 hours ago, GudmundurG said:

I did not find any folder with replays. So I doubt he will have it,

You have it, you just didn't look from right place.

it's under your warships installation folder. I don't know what system you are running, but in general you can check it by right clicking Warships icon and selecting properties.

Players
42 posts
6 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

You have it, you just didn't look from right place.

it's under your warships installation folder. I don't know what system you are running, but in general you can check it by right clicking Warships icon and selecting properties.

I am running through steam, and I don´t thing I have that folder.

wo.PNG

[SCRUB]
Players
2,393 posts
7,746 battles
12 minutes ago, GudmundurG said:

I am running through steam, and I don´t thing I have that folder.

wo.PNG

That is under Warplanes, which is not this game

[ADRIA]
Players
4,258 posts
6,795 battles
6 hours ago, BarthalomewKuma said:

In my games using this ship it's notorious for getting pens for 0 damage

Nothing to do with the guns. You are just hitting modules / spaced armour / so on

6 hours ago, BarthalomewKuma said:

PE for the VERY FIRST TIME managed to citadel other ship for 0 damage ! Yep I got citadel on Belfast and I got no damage at all for it. White/Black Icon, citadel no doubt. 0 Damage.

Replay or didn't happen. Or rather, it simply didn't happen.

And unless you have played 30 games in the last 6 hours - yes you do have the replay of that game where we could see it not happening.