You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

And how about this? Sure Win Bro

19 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
2,133 posts
7,768 battles

I wasn't expecting this.

There I was, happily grinding the missing points towards concealment for my Shchors and LaGal ( this, after all I could farm in the halo ops)  , pretty good MM so far, until this game...

T9 vs T7, in a map that I know mainly from Aegis Operations. In Co-op with my t8 ships with captains in the red I am blapped often without knowing what hit me.

And I'm in my Shchors, 13.3 km detection, with that  "special armour" What I'm gonna do, what I'm gonna do.

Sure win bro I thought to myself, I'm going to be blapped from across the map in no time.

Luckily I spawned in the left side, saw a island and... this is me. Hi mom.:Smile_great:swb.thumb.png.002eb3be3aa195362172ff7a4e7b1f17.png

yeap, it was like this for the duration of the game, and yes we were in the verge of defeat since the start. I wasn't very happy with my position, I could lob my shells over that island and I knew that if I could do that, those Iowas and whatnot down the range could do the same  at a point they tried to outflank from our left I could see them advancing and I didn't have the fire power to stop them, they did that several times, Takao, Iowas, Monarch, Gneisenau, Lyon, my map awareness went to overdrive. See those ships in B? well...

Quarter speed a bit, reverse a bit, stop. and repeat.

I was spotted by planes many times, that's it...

But the blap never came and I kept shooting what I could, I don't remember a game of mine where the spotter plane was that important. They were out of my reach or in cover the majority of the battle.

The last 10 minutes everyone was at C.

I was in the right spot, a low valuable target compared to others more closer to the cap and more menacing and be unspotted sometimes probably was that what  kept me alive and the team itself.

I don't know what I could have done more, without commiting suicide.

In this game all stars were aliened, but if high tiers games are like this, man, I simply don't get, t7, t6, t5, t4 are strait out better.

I didn't enter in a Rage mode, like I did in UF when I got my 5 star Win (note, in singular) but, there I was in my Gneise and i brawled everything I could put my hands on. But it was equally stressful and not in a good way.

In top of that I didn't know if the game would register me as being AFK, at the end.

By the way we manage to win.:Smile_medal:

And this was the best I could come out with

swb1.thumb.png.75a9b8b128605162d43330df5990b342.png

swb2.thumb.png.31603726be61945ed987241818f69b5a.png

Any ideas how to survive Down tier big time?

• Cool 1

Players
1,422 posts
4 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

First things first. How to survive 11 fps and 800x600 resolution. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

[BOBS2]
Beta Tester
144 posts
2,650 battles
4 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

LOL I hadn’t seen that, how in gods name can you play at 11fps!? 😆😳

[THESO]
Players
927 posts
8,527 battles
19 minutes ago, SlingaDing said:

LOL I hadn’t seen that, how in gods name can you play at 11fps!? 😆😳

Hes special... the chosen one.  :cat_cool:

• Funny 3

Alpha Tester
1,953 posts
6,258 battles
2 minutes ago, DJ_Die said:

Hes special... the chosen one.  :cat_cool:

Nah, he's meeting the maximum requirements of his clan. Any more FPS and he'd be kicked out with a dishonorable discharge!

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[L4GG]
Players
2,133 posts
7,768 battles
4 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Like everyone else, I guess. And that must had been a sporadic drop.

But that was not the point.

On youtube videos you can see the purple ones saying do this because of that and whatnot but  they are in big ships

[BBMM]
Players
4,239 posts
4,814 battles
10 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

In this game all stars were aliened, but if high tiers games are like this, man, I simply don't get, t7, t6, t5, t4 are strait out better.

Do not expect the level of player-quality to rise with the tier...

They are like wine: some go better, most turn to vinegar. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 8

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,776 posts
7,292 battles

Starts by mounting a freaking camouflage. 13.3 concealment hurts my eyes. Camouflage on EVERY single ship. WG gives them by dozens anyway.

Then get freaking CE + IFHE on your captain. You should have 14 points if you're already at tier 7 man. And you're not gonna survive with any cruiser without at least CE.

Then, mount the premium consumable. Again, you can't expect to do a decent job without the premium DCP at least.

Then, learn to kite. Staying behind an island is something you should only do if you can't kite properly or can easily farm damage on overagressive enemies.

Shchors can get as low as 11.35km concealment. You should have it. 

And you shouldn't even be proud of 80k damage with IFHE face-melter. It's a "decent" score, but no more than that. Then again it depends on what target you shoot at. If you spammed only BB, it's utterly terrible. If you killed DDs and cruisers, it's a good score.

• Cool 3

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
904 posts
8,746 battles

all this post for an 80k damage game? when you have been carried super hard mighty mo

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles

Going by the white line below images, do you use Polaroid for screenshots? :cap_hmm:

Also did I miss something or is this really a thread complaining about t7 MM, a tier which is probably the 2nd highest top-tier rate only behind the 100% of t1 and t10?

13 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Play more careful, less agressive, more defensive. Hug islands more, shoot in open water less. Don't engage every enemy you see, go for the ones where you can make the situation advantageous. Keep close to your "big boys". Be the support instead of the carry.

5s, 6s and 7s aren't really supposed to do much in +2 MM, they won't be the ones carrying. Differences between those ships are too large.

(and yes, I know they still can do it - sometimes - as well as that there are some ships - like GC - which are perfectly comfortable in +2 MM. But those are exceptions not the general rule)

• Cool 1

[L4GG]
Players
2,133 posts
7,768 battles
2 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Do not expect the level of player-quality to rise with the tier...

They are like wine: some go better, most turn to vinegar. :Smile_trollface:

What I meant was, t4/t7 we all have much more freedom for doing things, the gameplay it's more forgiven, etc.

In that game I was outclassed big time, what everyone would do in a normal game it's no longer possible.

For example, that ship I was in is a long range HE spammer , is what it does best.

Against t5 to t8 it works, but against t9s it's just neutralized by them, because it's no longer a long range HE spammer, because it's outclassed by the t9s and some t8s. So I was left in this little square with a very rigid gameplay and if I exit from it...

2 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

Starts by mounting a freaking camouflage. 13.3 concealment hurts my eyes. Camouflage on EVERY single ship. WG gives them by dozens anyway.

Then get freaking CE + IFHE on your captain. You should have 14 points if you're already at tier 7 man. And you're not gonna survive with any cruiser without at least CE.

Then, mount the premium consumable. Again, you can't expect to do a decent job without the premium DCP at least.

Then, learn to kite. Staying behind an island is something you should only do if you can't kite properly or can easily farm damage on overagressive enemies.

Shchors can get as low as 11.35km concealment. You should have it. 

And you shouldn't even be proud of 80k damage with IFHE face-melter. It's a "decent" score, but no more than that. Then again it depends on what target you shoot at. If you spammed only BB, it's utterly terrible. If you killed DDs and cruisers, it's a good score.

Proud?

Proud of what? for being stuck behind a island the entire game, shooting what I could while expecting the impending end  at any moment?

I'm well aware of that, I personally don't see how, what I could  have done more without being killed in the early game, but in the same time  what I did felt very little, I wasn't able to focus fire because I had no  reach without spotting plane many of the times. they were at 18km, 19 km, For me is out of reach for them is well within their fire solution.

And this it's the all point of this topic.

Because the CC guys(flamu and whatnot), only do what they do  with top ships, the guy don't even recommend t6, my favourite tier.

Apart of choosing here and there some down tier games, the bulk of it isn't.

If you say surprised how I got so far in the ending score for doing just that, I can agree with you 100% :cap_like:

I should have, but I didn't have, apparently MM don't put those things in consideration

I just got it yesterday, thanks to what I could farm in twilight Op (halo op), if it wasn't that my Shchors captain would be with 12 points. I had to choose damage or concealment, I choose damage first. I didn't pick up camo because having 200 or 300 meters less detection, well, it's not that relevant.

But now I have the CE plus camo. One hour before  the server reset I manage to complete the missing points for it (75k), and for LaGal.

Usually I kite a lot and I usually prefer open water to manoeuvre at will but in this game I felt extremely confined.

It's why I'm asking for suggestions.

P.s.- But in the premium thing you are absolutely right, I just keep forgetting to change that and why I still have def AA instead of hydro?:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
4,239 posts
4,814 battles
2 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

What I meant was, t4/t7 we all have much more freedom for doing things, the gameplay it's more forgiven, etc.

In that game I was outclassed big time, what everyone would do in a normal game it's no longer possible.

For example, that ship I was in is a long range HE spammer , is what it does best.

Against t5 to t8 it works, but against t9s it's just neutralized by them, because it's no longer a long range HE spammer, because it's outclassed by the t9s and some t8s. So I was left in this little square with a very rigid gameplay and if I exit from it...

Yes, in T9/10 one mistake and you're history. Unless you are lucky. 

That said, it is better being lucky than good. No matter what ship you are in, getting +2MM just sucks.

But try T6 ranked it is huge fun. I just had a game, DD yolo's in, got killed, the rest hid behind a mountain.

And then they tell me (in Arizona) shoot shoot! ....nothing was detected :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah great, I did almost get away with just barging into cap too, except their DD was a bit smarter than the rest. 

And he was lucky too, he survived with ~100hp after my HE got him, so het torped my big US BB butt. LOL!

[L4GG]
Players
2,133 posts
7,768 battles
30 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Going by the white line below images, do you use Polaroid for screenshots? :cap_hmm:

Also did I miss something or is this really a thread complaining about t7 MM, a tier which is probably the 2nd highest top-tier rate only behind the 100% of t1 and t10?

Play more careful, less agressive, more defensive. Hug islands more, shoot in open water less. Don't engage every enemy you see, go for the ones where you can make the situation advantageous. Keep close to your "big boys". Be the support instead of the carry.

5s, 6s and 7s aren't really supposed to do much in +2 MM, they won't be the ones carrying. Differences between those ships are too large.

(and yes, I know they still can do it - sometimes - as well as that there are some ships - like GC - which are perfectly comfortable in +2 MM. But those are exceptions not the general rule)

printscreens then paint from windows

No, I'm not complaining, I'm not used to t9s or t10s, so I'm asking for suggestions.

Thank you.

So, what I did wasn't incorrect despite I didn't do much.

Ok, but at least, t6 vs t8 is not as confining.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,776 posts
7,292 battles
19 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I didn't pick up camo because having 200 or 300 meters less detection, well, it's not that relevant.

It's actually 400 meters. And it's not only that, it's ALSO for the accuracy debuff. It's as important. Ship without camo can get hit very hard because each salvoes are more accurate on them. If you don't do that, you'll really suffer against BBs.

Players
4,717 posts
8,434 battles
21 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I just got it yesterday, thanks to what I could farm in twilight Op (halo op), if it wasn't that my Shchors captain would be with 12 points. I had to choose damage or concealment, I choose damage first. I didn't pick up camo because having 200 or 300 meters less detection, well, it's not that relevant.

21 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

It's why I'm asking for suggestions.

:cap_wander:

[NWP]
Players
6,805 posts
7,602 battles

Not sure what you wanna hear exactly :cap_hmm:

Spoiler

shot-18_11.01_22_25.45-0089.thumb.jpg.845e13935ce646e286918b2876b5780c.jpgshot-18_11.01_22_25.50-0590.thumb.jpg.c0634de57a57620cb0a5b251f2061696.jpgshot-18_11.01_22_25.47-0723.thumb.jpg.07b59159267fb599452be15e9c400b3d.jpg

Go in and [edited]em up?

Seattle 1vs1 killed him easily. Most players think, they are so good that when they are 2 tiers above you, that they dont have to angle or anything. Use that to your advantage.

After that i was maxrange HE spamming the BBs in B - nothing wrong with that.

23 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Going CE or IFHE is personal preference - i did take IFHE aswell, because its better for me to deal damage than to be unspotted. Doesnt work for every ship ofc, because especially radar ships profit from the advantage in concealment. Preferably you have 14 pts by the time you need IFHE and CE.

2nd: ALWAYS take a camo. Atleast take type 1/(2)/5 - i have hundreds of those because WG is throwing them left and right at me. I dont even use em in randoms, but its better than nothing. (sometimes type 5 if i dont go for XP)

Carrying the game when you are bottom tier -2 is not easy - you cant just go there and force it. The more knowledge you have, the better you can do it. Whom to shoot, where to aim at, can you bounce shells or not, can the enemy bounce shells, if yes, where cant he bounce shells, should i rather use HE because AP cant deal damage.... knowledge is key to that.

And its not only damage which can win the game, also important :Smile-_tongue:

23 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

No, I'm not complaining, I'm not used to t9s or t10s, so I'm asking for suggestions.

Not every Cruiser needs to sit at an island spamming HE, but open water gun boating requires knowing what to do and a good captain and camo AND premium consumables.

I think its better if you just experience the mistakes - nothing wrong with that. They will teach you a lot more if you know how to use that information.

29 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Ok, but at least, t6 vs t8 is not as confining.

Not much difference in T6vsT8 compared to T7vsT9.

BBs will overmatch you any day.

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
4,239 posts
4,814 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Not every Cruiser needs to sit at an island spamming HE, but open water gun boating requires knowing what to do and a good captain and camo AND premium consumables.

I think its better if you just experience the mistakes - nothing wrong with that. They will teach you a lot more if you know how to use that information.

Nothing ever fares well in open water in T8/9/10. Because if you have one of those 'camper' games,

when you set ONE bit in the open and get detected, ALL of them have nothing to shoot at except --> you. 

Yes you can gun boat in the open, but watch out, are there more targets available than just YOU... 

else it is even dangerous (aka borderline suicide) to do it in a lower tier BB. 

Unless Monarch with CE and camo... lalalalalalaaa nobody sees me... (and then somebody sees you... oh crap).

[L4GG]
Players
2,133 posts
7,768 battles

Well, yesterday, I went for a ride, again.

One of those games. ( I Think what bother me the most is the unfamiliar feeling I have in maps like this, I don't care less if I'm down tiered in t6 but against t9 I do have butterflies in my stomach, where to be?, what to do?, where I'm going? are a lot of questions to answer in a moment notice, it was nice if WG rotate all maps between all tiers ).

Well, this game wasn't as confined as the previous one and it felt more fluid, I did stay in the open the all time but I didn't move much, a bit, always manoeuvring between our lines   (gameplay is very different). if in the previous game I shot what I could, in this game I shot when I could.

And i was a one shell away from being sunk.

Spoiler

mush.thumb.png.252b477b4c133242d70283e5f9b9a647.png

Spoiler

mush1.thumb.png.e4452f422bd20a2d7c8fa155f738a165.png

Spoiler

mush3.thumb.png.c129d74e4442b43539d5601d9e0ab2c6.png

I tried to follow your advice @wilkatis_LV

I was defensive, didn't hug any island thou, the one I saw was not very good and the red were more close to it, I did shot in the open a lot, and was providing whatever support I could to our big fellows, planning when to silence the guns was crucial, offering the lowest profile I could. Between 13 and 17 kms, a spec in the background, slipping in and out of the line. 

I did had luck in my side, the flank held, didn't fell like a deck of cards.

It worked.

@ShinGetsu Guess I was terrible, but in my defence, I didn't had much choice. And I forgot again the premium stuff :Smile_facepalm: (note to myself, leave a post it in the pc):fish_book:

@DFens_666 Slowly getting there.

@IanH755 How bad an OP can be,,  that Random can actually be a better choice. I wasn't expecting this game but it went much better than that thing.

• Cool 2