Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Baptist

Reworked Okinawa? Is it in the game?

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Players
126 posts
7,178 battles

WG was bragging in the patch notes about them having a stroke of genius and reworking that map, so where is it?

I played at least 30 randoms at T8+ since the patch and haven't seen the map.

i'm not sure what the exact number is, they limited the number of replays to 30 again.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,111 posts
11,654 battles

It's in there, same with Islands of Ice. Have played both. 

 

You can tell they're reworked as A and C caps respectively are not instant losses :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
16 posts
6,803 battles

I could even add that i have played ocean last week first time since like a year ago. it must have veeeery low chance (similar to premium ships in containers)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,223 posts
6,782 battles
57 minutes ago, Viravandrel said:

I could even add that i have played ocean last week first time since like a year ago. it must have veeeery low chance (similar to premium ships in containers)

Very rare drop, and only available for t10 games (that's t10 MM not everyone in the match being t10)

 

Recently had the misfortune of rolling it 3x in a row with a t8 cruiser... Miserable experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

I did see it. An awesome rework I might say. Making a horrendous map even worse. That's really a sign of utter performance! I truly don't get it: what's the freaking point in this map? Even the old tears of the cruiser Epicenter had some 1% sense in it. But this? Can anyone explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,223 posts
6,782 battles
12 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I did see it. An awesome rework I might say. Making a horrendous map even worse. That's really a sign of utter performance! I truly don't get it: what's the freaking point in this map? Even the old tears of the cruiser Epicenter had some 1% sense in it. But this? Can anyone explain it to me like I'm a 6 year old?

Not quite sure what you mean. I've played a few times on the rew-Oki now, and I quite liked it. A's not a pointless trap, B actually has some cover, and C is still the wide open flank (which isn't a bad thing)

 

A really nice change from all the nearly identical maps like Islands of Aids or Land of Fire which just have islands pointlessly spammed everywhere.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Not quite sure what you mean. I've played a few times on the rew-Oki now, and I quite liked it. A's not a pointless trap, B actually has some cover, and C is still the wide open flank (which isn't a bad thing)

 

A really nice change from all the nearly identical maps like Islands of Aids or Land of Fire which just have islands pointlessly spammed everywhere.

Perhaps my experience it too limited, played with patch weekend, 100% aces so you might have a point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
1,139 posts
5,166 battles

I've played a single game on new Okinawa..

I loved it..

Really..

 

Now you can't have Half of your team going A because of islands.. and sit there entire game..

I really loved the new Okinawa..

and additionally it is now more friendly to the DDs..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles

...half team going A was bad but not half as bad as the numerous bbs missing A, spending the entire game at the border north of A... Did WG solve that?! :cap_cool:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,223 posts
6,782 battles
10 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

...half team going A was bad but not half as bad as the numerous bbs missing A, spending the entire game at the border north of A... Did WG solve that?! :cap_cool:

With more ships going A those same useless BBs get a bit more use out of them. So I guess... sort of :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×