widgetman

Massive Bug !! Again!!!!

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
13 posts

Every time I use a Destroyer and switch from Torps to bloody guns the whole game freezes and I get critical bloody error, by which time I log back in to find I'm dead and game lost.....

This happened about a year ago and I just stopped playing because it is a massive problem which I thought had been fixed?

Only after the latest patch has it started again......

I know I'm not the only one as I have asked people in games who told me its a known problem......great!!

Beta Tester
13 posts

The only Mod I have is a pint of cider next to me............I have never used mods in WoWS.

I have just attempted a fix in game settings to see if it will fix anything , so far it came up blank.....

It just annoys me so much when it happens.....aarrrgggggghhhhhhhh

[BHW]
Players
985 posts
2,620 battles
1 hour ago, widgetman said:

Every time I use a Destroyer and switch from Torps to bloody guns the whole game freezes and I get critical bloody error, by which time I log back in to find I'm dead and game lost.....

This happened about a year ago and I just stopped playing because it is a massive problem which I thought had been fixed?

I know I'm not the only one as I have asked people in games who told me its a known problem......great!!

interesting ... I main DDs and have yet to encounter this "bug".

does it only happen on a specific DD ? can you try a cruiser with torps if it behaves the same ?

you see it is quite strange that something like that should happen unless it is a specific problem to your setup (I also don't recall any similar bug report in the forums for the 2 years or so that I play the game)

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,344 posts
8,033 battles
1 hour ago, widgetman said:

It is no game bug, if your Client is broken!

Beta Tester
13 posts

Okay, I have used the game settings repair client, It only happens with destroyers of all kinds, I use the Asashio, Fubuki, Anshan, Mutsuki,, happens with them all.

I made sure I have the latest drivers, nvidia etc, and have even tested on rolled back drivers.

It happened about 12 months ago same thing, then a patch sorted it ( or a new version).

It has only started happening since the new update.

It seems fine in Co-OP however ??? I dont really play coop but started testing it there.

I press 1 for guns and bam!! froze, I think it may have something to do with being zoomed in ?? I will try without zooming in later.

Thanks for the help guys, and I will send off the files to WG as I have just managed to locate the error files.

Have a Merry Xmas ......:)

• Cool 1

[PONY]
Beta Tester
5,082 posts
8,555 battles

What you could try is: Deinstall the client, including deleting the WoWs Folder on your Disk. Install it new and clean, try again.