Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kfa

P. E. Friedrich is awesome, thank you WG

99 comments in this topic

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,003 posts
8,025 battles

So i bought a package to farm some steel, and after getting used to the ship i would say its really fun to play. In ranked its really powerful running secondary/AA build if you play it like a cruiser!

shot-18_12.23_11_05.03-0388.thumb.jpg.54f6a8d791c0e363bcedd6707eaf3dfd.jpg

shot-18_12.23_11_05.10-0842.thumb.jpg.82cd6f7a232f4277d2f116b0f5568981.jpg

Spoiler

No, im just kidding, its crap. It's on Krasny Krim crap level. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

[BOATY]
Players
546 posts
8,516 battles

The ship is fine but not OP.  That's why specul guys and campers do not like her. 

Yes AP can't overmatch bows of other BB but with that accuracy and fire chance ammunition management is well rewarded. Her secondaries hurt a lot and her AA is second to no one. 

What is a deal breaker for me is her speed almost 30 knots with speed flag. This allows me to be where I want, when I want. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[ROPS]
Beta Tester
8 posts
1,942 battles

Yeah, I don't know why everybody is complaining about this ship, it does great in randoms too.

pef1.thumb.png.d713487a1172e91b48f9afc45eaa2da5.pngpef2.thumb.png.479124f8dff8109bc4bd26302ca2868e.png

Spoiler

No it doesn't. It's a crap ship and it took me 5 battles to win one, and only because I was top tier and the opponents had bot level skills.

• Funny 2

[POI--]
Players
3,851 posts
4,994 battles
2 minutes ago, Episparh said:

The ship is fine but not OP.  That's why specul guys and campers do not like her. 

Yes AP can't overmatch bows of other BB but with that accuracy and fire chance ammunition management is well rewarded. Her secondaries hurt a lot and her AA is second to no one. 

What is a deal breaker for me is her speed almost 30 knots with speed flag. This allows me to be where I want, when I want. 

PEF - 27% (4k potential)

Bayern - 35% (4.5k potential)

Fuso - 25% (5.7k potential)

Mutsu - 30% (6.5k potential)

New Mexico/Arizona - 30% (5k potential)

West Virginia - 36% (5.7k potential)

QE - 35% (6.3k potential)

Warspite - 34% (5.3k potential)

Normandie - 26% (4.7k potential)

Dunkerque - 35% (4.8k potential)

Dat fire chance... beating out by 1-2% the fire chance of two ships that get 50% more barrels. Even if you land only 25% of your shells with Fuso, you are basically still doing hardly worse than landing 37.5% on PEF if the accuracy does make such a difference (which in reality it doesn't, unless you max range spam). Potential damage added in brackets, just because the differences are not negligible.

Players
2,741 posts
15,539 battles
31 minutes ago, Episparh said:

What is a deal breaker for me

FYI youre using that phrase wrong

on topic

i feel like the boat will end up just a tradegy over time
yes its fun as long as its new but when you have played it enough so that alle the "new" has worn off
youll see that there is no reason left to play cause all the fun you could have had will be eaten up bit the frustration the dispersion brings

• Cool 5

[POI--]
Players
3,851 posts
4,994 battles
16 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

youll see that there is no reason left to play cause all the fun you could have had will be eaten up bit the frustration the dispersion brings

Honestly, the dispersion is among the least of the issues. There's likely even more things I have to complain about in the speed department than the dispersion. In both, PEF isn't hurting much (my main issue with speed would be the general question why Normandie does 29.5 knots).

The main issues I see are:

• Lackluster dpm, due to low barrel count, reload that does not properly compensate, nor any overmatch to make damage more reliable. Rather, inability to reliable penetrate armour at range detracting from the nominal dpm even further. This means this ship has pretty underwhelming offensive potential.
  • Underwhelming armour scheme with a belt that is among the worst at T6, a citadel that is not terribly exposed, but not hard to reach and extremities that are overmatchable and lack any kind of effective armour. Low hp pool to boot, makes this one of the less survivable T6 BBs.

On the other side strengths are:

• Decent speed in a straight line of 28 knots. Uptiers not too well, because T7s and T8s progressively do more.
  • AA that is great.
  • Secondaries that are great for T6 (but get absolutely outclassed by T7 and T8)

This results in a ship with strengths that are situational at best, reliant on MM to give you the enemies to shine, while the flaws are basically the two key areas of a BB. Only one uptiers properly and the AA has an uncertain future with CV rework.

• Cool 5

[DREAD]
Players
5,061 posts
5,053 battles

Nice Troll Post. The ship is a complete *edit and WG *edit it up. They better buff it right away 

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

Players
3,313 posts
5,751 battles
14 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

my main issue with speed would be the general question why Normandie does 29.5 knots

I would also like to know, who at WG came up with that :etc_swear:.

[DREAD]
Players
5,061 posts
5,053 battles
5 hours ago, Riselotte said:

Honestly, the dispersion is among the least of the issues. There's likely even more things I have to complain about in the speed department than the dispersion. In both, PEF isn't hurting much (my main issue with speed would be the general question why Normandie does 29.5 knots).

The main issues I see are:

• Lackluster dpm, due to low barrel count, reload that does not properly compensate, nor any overmatch to make damage more reliable. Rather, inability to reliable penetrate armour at range detracting from the nominal dpm even further. This means this ship has pretty underwhelming offensive potential.
  • Underwhelming armour scheme with a belt that is among the worst at T6, a citadel that is not terribly exposed, but not hard to reach and extremities that are overmatchable and lack any kind of effective armour. Low hp pool to boot, makes this one of the less survivable T6 BBs.

On the other side strengths are:

• Decent speed in a straight line of 28 knots. Uptiers not too well, because T7s and T8s progressively do more.
  • AA that is great.
  • Secondaries that are great for T6 (but get absolutely outclassed by T7 and T8)

This results in a ship with strengths that are situational at best, reliant on MM to give you the enemies to shine, while the flaws are basically the two key areas of a BB. Only one uptiers properly and the AA has an uncertain future with CV rework.

This is a good summary of the PEF debacle @MrConway / Mr. @Ev1n / Mr. @Sub_Octavian

I can’t understand really who in hell throught that this sucking turd would be anywhere close to be finalized?!

I find it much more difficult to hide my frustration that’s why I quoted Riselotte instead. MrConway got my feedback already - my question really is: is this thing going to be fixed or is it a case of *edit dear customer ? What’s going to happen here with this?

(certainly WOWS Christmas is ruined anyway for me - believe it or not - some ppl where indeed looking forward to the Grosse Kreuzers since 2015)

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks
  • Boring 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,312 posts
9,070 battles

So once again unto the 'I'm angry because the ship is not OP?' and so feeling guity because of spent money on something that looks good but plays mediocre? There seems to be a lot of frustration and anger here, is it truly justified?

• Cool 3

Players
2,741 posts
15,539 battles
5 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

There seems to be a lot of frustration and anger here, is it truly justified?

for my part i am angry cause its was achance to lay down a german bettlecruiser foundation to expand upon 
fast lighter armored with small but more acurate quickly reloading guns.

it kinda is that but in all the wrong ways just to bring a in many ways questionable aa?

its just another ship youll grind and then have in your port for all those occasions when a mission pops up that requires this ship -.-
while it could have been a ship you occasionaly bring out cause its fun

• Cool 2

[POI--]
Players
3,851 posts
4,994 battles
4 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

So once again unto the 'I'm angry because the ship is not OP?' and so feeling guity because of spent money on something that looks good but plays mediocre? There seems to be a lot of frustration and anger here, is it truly justified?

@1MajorKoenig seems just *edit because his German battlecruiser is pretty crap. And any German CC enthusiast has the right to be angry, just as I'm still pissed that Asashio is a joke of a ship. I'm not angry nor feeling guilty. I bought that ship for the steel to get ships actually worth a damn. PEF was just an extra. But it is a piece of junk and just because I don't feel terribly upset about it doesn't mean I won't state that this ship has actual issues pulling its weight. For one because I pity anyone who'd purchase this ship on its own for the ship itself, because it's not worth the money, but also because it's overall questionable how this ship got designed. If people were crying for an OP ship, they'd have been more than happy with the initial version of the ship. If you go look it up though, most people who now state that the ship is crap back then already complained that the concealment was retarded good. Obviously, concealment was not the sole thing that got nerfed and here we are.

I'd say, if you just get the ship for free and don't give a damn, likely the whole matter seems not worth the effort to complain about. But for enthusiasts of the Hochseeflotte it's not, for those who wonder why WG will ask money for this piece of crap in the future it is not exactly irrelevant and it kind of makes one wonder what WG's balancing department is like, because we go from Le Terrible that follows its name to Cossack that got a buff out of the blue to make it one of the best T8 DDs to now this ship that seems a perfect fit for CV divs (good AA and mobile enough to get around), while 8.0 is being prepared and the ship has little else that justifies its T6 status. Rip off the ahistorical AA and throw it into T5 and it's perfectly at home.

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
5,061 posts
5,053 battles
4 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

It’s not like ppl want an OP ship. But she is very unfun to play due to pretty useless guns

(imagine German cruiser guns with BB reload and B.B. accuracy. Ppl taking about her being more accurate are missing the point that she has the German BB horizontal dispersion still. She is a little better due to 2.0 sigma and floaty shells which result in less vertical dispersion. Plus the Pen is pretty comparable to Konigs a tier lower with two less guns. Her reload is like Fuso but with 4 guns less)

and mediocre protection pretty much like Kongo.

Then she got this over the top long range AA - but what for?

What she would need would be the 24sec reload back that she had during development 

In her current state she isn’t really fun to play and if you have been looking forward to the arrival of the Battlecruisers it is indeed a highly frustrating *edit from WG

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,975 posts
1 hour ago, xciuly said:

Yeah, I don't know why everybody is complaining about this ship, it does great in randoms too.

Well, if everybody is complaining, there surely is the reason, don't you think so?

Battles like that do happen, but how often? You can perform well in even the worst ship, but it won't make it great.

Come back and share your experience after at least 20 games during high population hours.

[ROPS]
Beta Tester
8 posts
1,942 battles
10 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Well, if everybody is complaining, there surely is the reason, don't you think so?

Battles like that do happen, but how often? You can perform well in even the worst ship, but it won't make it great.

Come back and share your experience after at least 20 games during high population hours.

For someone with almost 2 k posts, I thought you knew you can click on "reveal hidden contents". OP has one too. :cap_look:

[SCRUB]
Players
1,975 posts
1 minute ago, xciuly said:

For someone with almost 2 k posts, I thought you knew you can click on "reveal hidden contents". OP has one too. :cap_look:

Thank you for this usefull tip... :Smile_facepalm:

Sigh... Hence my comment about number of battles. 5 is too few to base oppinion on.

OP played Ranked on the other hand which is irrelevant, since you don't see ships of higher / lower tiers.

[POI--]
Players
3,851 posts
4,994 battles
3 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Thank you for this usefull tip... :Smile_facepalm:

Sigh... Hence my comment about number of battles. 5 is too few to base oppinion on.

OP played Ranked on the other hand which is irrelevant, since you don't see ships of higher / lower tiers.

It needs no more than a WV to teach you the hardships of PEF.

Spoiler

shot-18_12.23_04_21.31-0718.thumb.jpg.1d00285b3bf4894df1bcb82943ef788b.jpg

shot-18_12.23_04_21.36-0341.thumb.jpg.740e75673a11d59bb39609078e357ae6.jpg

• Funny 1

Players
3,586 posts
7,303 battles
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

my question really is: is this thing going to be fixed or is it a case of f* y* dear customer

It's a campaign reward ship, so no.

Really the only reason to buy it is as a covert way for WG to sell you steel to buy rare ships without just directly selling the rare ships.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
575 posts
4,689 battles

Funny watching people trying to justify their hairbrained purchase by posting result screens.

"Observe! I have experienced an adequate performance in a single match!  fifty euros well spent."

• Funny 4

Players
74 posts
1,417 battles
Vor 34 Minuten, FishDogFoodShack sagte:

Funny watching people trying to justify their hairbrained purchase by posting result screens.

"Observe! I have experienced an adequate performance in a single match!  fifty euros well spent."

Or they are not poor (like you?) and knew very well that the PFE is not OP.

And maybe they just disagree with players who have mediocre BB stats and no PFE in their harbor, but think that they are smarter than those who actually played the ship. Just saying.

In before "hurr durr, but White Mouse said...!". No, he said that the ship is average and nothing special. That doesn't mean it's crap.

Personally, I don't spend money on overpowered ships like GC, because those are ruining the game balance and are leading to inflated expectations regarding premium ships.

• Boring 2

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,003 posts
8,025 battles
14 minutes ago, Besserwisser3000 said:

And maybe they just disagree with players who have mediocre BB stats and no PFE in their harbor, but think that they are smarter than those who actually played the ship. Just saying.

In before "hurr durr, but White Mouse said...!". No, he said that the ship is average and nothing special. That doesn't mean it's crap.

Personally, I don't spend money on overpowered ships like GC, because those are ruining the game balance and are leading to inflated expectations regarding premium ships.

I personally couldnt care less about this ship, after these event i will never play her, even if it were overpowered.

I wanted to skip the 4 weeks waiting behind the PEF wall and unlock the extra steel missions, because i have now time to play, wont have middle/end january.

Players
3,586 posts
7,303 battles
1 hour ago, Besserwisser3000 said:

Merry :etc_swear:ing Christmas to you too.

Also, as far as I know LWM is a she.

• Cool 2

[L4GG]
Players
1,529 posts
6,198 battles
2 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Then she got this over the top long range AA - but what for?

you will see, you will see what for...

Something tells me it will not be over the top.

au contrair.

[DREAD]
Players
5,061 posts
5,053 battles
24 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

you will see, you will see what for...

Something tells me it will not be over the top.

au contrair.

What for as in “I don’t need godlike AA on a BB”. I need guns that work and some protection to tank for the team and attack 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this