Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

MM went awire?

9 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,534 posts
6,233 battles

I can say with relieve that today wasn't bad, overall was good... and that's why I fear tomorrow.

This issue is already in pulp, discussed to exhaustion and it's not my goal.

But this battle left me scratching my head.

Isn't this too much?

wtf.thumb.png.e416a967cbc72a2ebe693069d47ee21a.png 

Example, that guy with a make shift red circle on him, I sunk him at the start of the battle, 5 minutes in , tops, and he end up there on his team, then I saw that 2/3 of the red team don't have  more than 400 points.

Let me just say that our team wasn't anything special with exception of one maybe two players.

All of us have bad games, is this messing the MM up?

And I bet, that, at least, some of those red players are not that low scoring.

By the looks of it their dds were feeding the stats of our dds, the red team followed right after.

I know, I know, the 50% WR for the masses, but why a gap so big?

[AVRDM]
Players
1,397 posts
6,359 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

I can say with relieve that today wasn't bad, overall was good... and that's why I fear tomorrow.

This issue is already in pulp, discussed to exhaustion and it's not my goal.

But this battle left me scratching my head.

Isn't this too much?

wtf.thumb.png.e416a967cbc72a2ebe693069d47ee21a.png 

Example, that guy with a make shift red circle on him, I sunk him at the start of the battle, 5 minutes in , tops, and he end up there on his team, then I saw that 2/3 of the red team don't have  more than 400 points.

Let me just say that our team wasn't anything special with exception of one maybe two players.

All of us have bad games, is this messing the MM up?

And I bet, that, at least, some of those red players are not that low scoring.

By the looks of it their dds were feeding the stats of our dds, the red team followed right after.

I know, I know, the 50% WR for the masses, but why a gap so big?

It is true that balanced games are rare.

Without intending to justify this fact, if we look, the enemy DD are at the bottom of the table. That means they probably died fast.

When the DDs of your team die at the beginning of the game, your team is at the mercy of the enemy DDs also losing all control over the map. What inevitably results in them being crowded together like sheep harassed by wolves under intense crossfire. The perfect ingredients for us to see these results as often as games that end at 5 minutes due to the loss of all the caps.

The reasons why the enemy DDs died quickly are unknown, perhaps they were extremely potatoes or did not receive any support. Or both...

In any case, the best way to win is to support your DDs. Because if your DD is not very skillful, it is more reason to support him.

• Cool 3

Modder
3,864 posts
6,936 battles
5 hours ago, Hesp said:

1. What are balanced games?
  2. When were "balanced games" promised by someone?
  • Cool 1

[HOME]
Players
749 posts
7,540 battles
5 hours ago, Hesp said:

Really? I played 10 games yesterday and only one could be considered unbalanced. We absolutely steamrolled the enemy. I farmed 2 battleships with the same torp salvo and the wrecked a buffalo and z23 with another one... Gearing is balanced!. :Smile_trollface:

What do you consider a balanced game? 

[AS13]
Players
1,849 posts
2,021 battles

Most games usually end in a downhill steamroller. 

When your team kills one of the reds, you already have ~10% ship advantage. 

I that happened to be a crucial ship (like: their only DD) it goes even faster. 

Beta Tester
3,901 posts
13,814 battles

I think (!) this game would allow for a lot more balanced battles with a smaller team size - like 8 ships per team instead of 12

People would need a lot more map awareness and flexibilty to react to the enemies' actions...

Which is exactly the reason, why we will never see something like this - too many players would be unable to adapt...

[L4GG]
Players
1,534 posts
6,233 battles
5 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I think (!) this game would allow for a lot more balanced battles with a smaller team size - like 8 ships per team instead of 12

People would need a lot more map awareness and flexibilty to react to the enemies' actions... 

Which is exactly the reason, why we will never see something like this - too many players would be unable to adapt...

In co-op turned that mode better.

8 vs  current 12 perhaps would be better, as is the space isn't much, something have to cave first to one team start to do something, being the domination of one side over another or the dynamic of a team like a weaker flank.

with less player in each side, there is more space, more room to do things  

• Cool 1

Players
1,138 posts
9,002 battles
Vor 8 Stunden, Deckeru_Maiku sagte:

Can't really say that that was borne out by Ranked Sprint the other day.

[10K]
Players
2 posts
1 hour ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Can't really say that that was borne out by Ranked Sprint the other day.

You mean the brilliant gamemode where you random roll teams on start and then the one with better dd captain wins in few minutes and one team goes afk or heads to edges and tries to spam enuff dmg to not loose a star? Well atleast its better than tier5 carrier and kamikaze spam but still, one "fun" way to get angry fast.

Sign in to follow this