You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bouncer8409

So long and thanks for all the fish !

37 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,681 battles

i have been playing this game for almost 3 years now. Ship vs ship combat is great, historically accurate ship models, fun game play. I always hated and loathed the CV's though, for me they have never been anything except damn annoying. I believe the game play has been getting worse for a while now, too many noob friendly additions and changes. Noob friendly HE spamming ships including a BB line (DOH !), too many map changes to put islands in every cap to hide behind, too much radar, too easy for new and inexperienced players to buy a tier 8 and get into tier 8,9 and 10 matches without a clue. And now the CV rework, never ending aircraft attacks, multiple CV's per game due to missions and noob friendly play. That is i think gonna be the end for me so..... thanks WG for the good times, i will close the door when i go. 

PS, may load up for an occasional game edit*

• Cool 14
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 2

[PMI]
Players
2,339 posts
5,527 battles
10 hours ago, bouncer8409 said:

i have been playing this game for almost 3 years now. Ship vs ship combat is great, historically accurate ship models, fun game play. I always hated and loathed the CV's though, for me they have never been anything except damn annoying. I believe the game play has been getting worse for a while now, too many noob friendly additions and changes. Noob friendly HE spamming ships including a BB line (DOH !), too many map changes to put islands in every cap to hide behind, too much radar, too easy for new and inexperienced players to buy a tier 8 and get into tier 8,9 and 10 matches without a clue. And now the CV rework, never ending aircraft attacks, multiple CV's per game due to missions and noob friendly play. That is i think gonna be the end for me so..... thanks WG for the good times, i will close the door when i go. 

PS, may load up for an occasional game edit*

But, who asked?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[SCRUB]
Players
957 posts
7,738 battles
23 minutes ago, Juanx said:

But, who asked?

Nobody, but have you ever wondered why the average skill level is slowly dropping off? 

A lot of average to good players are simply leaving due to burnout, disillusionment with the direction Wargaming is taking the game etc. 

I personally can't even find the energy to knock off snowflakes even in co-op as I've been left so burnt out by the neverending events and obligations as a Clan Commander coinciding with all of those events. 

• Cool 19

[L4GG]
Players
1,542 posts
6,243 battles
1 hour ago, bouncer8409 said:

PS, may load up for an occasional game but no more cash spending on the game and will mainly play other games

@bouncer8409

You do that, you sound like you deserve a break.

A time off will do you wonders (I know what I'm talking about).

You 'll come back refreshed, with a more lay back posture and perhaps play again some ships that you don't play often or for some time now.

Regain some of that initial perspective why you start to play the game in the first place.

you will see.

Take care.

• Cool 4

Players
36 posts

Unfortunately, Boucer has a point and more over, he is entitled to a opinion. A forum is a place where people can (and should) express their thoughts.

Now, even in coop you can lose because of so many new (or not so new) players with no experience but with powerfull ships. They charge, they die, then start arguing and complaining and reporting. I also did take a break of 6 months from this game some time ago and it felt good.

So, Bouncer, i feel you. All the best and good luck.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

Thing is OP is pretty much correct but there really isn't any point complaining about it. Just don't play and go do something else, it's not really anyone else's issue. 

I play far less these days, although recently I'm grinding all the Xmas stuff but not really sure why :cap_haloween:

• Cool 5

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
3 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

@bouncer8409

You do that, you sound like you deserve a break.

A time off will do you wonders (I know what I'm talking about).

You 'll come back refreshed, with a more lay back posture and perhaps play again some ships that you don't play often or for some time now.

Regain some of that initial perspective why you start to play the game in the first place.

you will see.

Take care.

And from my personal experience, this method works well. From time to time I also have breaks from this game. Now im inactive from WoWS for the last 3 months and playing Destiny 2 for a change.

And what OP says its true. There is more and more noobs and braindead teams and less and less quality games so it turns into a shitstorm.

I was interested in this new CV rework (my main class is BB) but I'll stay reserved with final opinion as im not sure how this will turn by having 2 or even 3 CV's per team. Besides many radars and HE cancer spamers my BB's wont be happy with air danger.

Well anyway, if this new game meta turns bad, I have nothing to lose as im out from this game with my one leg for last 3 months, so...

• Cool 1

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,363 posts
4,147 battles

Why they can't just go without any dramatic post on forum?

Simpy go, close the door quietly and that's it.

Nobody is interested why you leave and how wg had a chance for you to stay!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 9

[BS4]
Players
764 posts
5,135 battles
8 hours ago, Juanx said:

But, who asked?

19 minutes ago, Arakus said:

Why they can't just go without any dramatic post on forum?

Simpy go, close the door quietly and that's it.

What is your problem you two? Nearly every time its some negative/condescending comment.

If your not interested why bother to leave a comment I wonder?

Yeah actually I am interested why my fellow forum members/Players are leaving in droves at the moment, Perhaps we agree with the reasons perhaps they are different from mine/yours/ours But we all have freedom to express that. AND if people don't give a reason why they are leaving how can we change things for the better?

Personally I think you both need to leave, or get a room together take some of your own advise and quietly close the door. Time and time again you lend NOTHING to the conversations on these forums.:cap_viking:

• Cool 17
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[MASK]
Beta Tester
35 posts
4,094 battles
44 minutes ago, Arakus said:

Absolutely marvelous response. Perhaps you should consider the quality of your own forum contributions before you press the submit button.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PMI]
Players
2,339 posts
5,527 battles
1 hour ago, SeaWolf7 said:

What is your problem you two? Nearly every time its some negative/condescending comment.

If your not interested why bother to leave a comment I wonder?

Yeah actually I am interested why my fellow forum members/Players are leaving in droves at the moment, Perhaps we agree with the reasons perhaps they are different from mine/yours/ours But we all have freedom to express that. AND if people don't give a reason why they are leaving how can we change things for the better?

Personally I think you both need to leave, or get a room together take some of your own advise and quietly close the door. Time and time again you lend NOTHING to the conversations on these forums.:cap_viking:

They are leaving in droves? That is weird, there were almost 30k people online yesterday.

If you dont want people disagreeing with you, why go to a public forum and show yourself butthurt while at it?

Glad to see you riled up, might help you go further along in real life when true problems arise.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[L4GG]
Players
1,542 posts
6,243 battles
6 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

I was interested in this new CV rework (my main class is BB) but I'll stay reserved with final opinion as im not sure how this will turn by having 2 or even 3 CV's per team. Besides many radars and HE cancer spamers my BB's wont be happy with air danger.

Well anyway, if this new game meta turns bad, I have nothing to lose as im out from this game with my one leg for last 3 months, so...

Been there, done that, not anymore.

Regarding the cv thing, I'm planning to avoid the entire thing all together without not playing , I will avoid the cv spike like 40 cvs in the queue and the waited on slaughter until things get normalized and balanced, I'll simply get out of their way, playing other modes and having fun.

Things will get better for your main class and worse for mine, they plan to change the IFHE, and they plan also to change the radar, so....

p.s.- @bouncer8409, the selfishness in this forum is high, nobody cares, really, when my time came, I just leave and I advice you to do the same, sign off, rest and then sign in. Is the best thing you will do.

• Cool 2

[PMI]
Players
2,339 posts
5,527 battles
8 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Yeah actually I am interested why my fellow forum members/Players are leaving in droves at the moment,

Further reminder, over 30k players as of now on the EU server.

• Boring 3

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
8 hours ago, Juanx said:

They are leaving in droves? That is weird, there were almost 30k people online yesterday.

If you dont want people disagreeing with you, why go to a public forum and show yourself butthurt while at it?

Glad to see you riled up, might help you go further along in real life when true problems arise.

Depend how you look at those 30k players online.

In example; there was before ratio (on that amount) 8:2 in terms of quality : noobs players, and now number is more like 3:7.

So what is the point of having 30, 50 or even 100k active players daily if 80% of them are noobs. Unless you prefer quantity over quality.

6 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Been there, done that, not anymore.

Regarding the cv thing, I'm planning to avoid the entire thing all together without not playing , I will avoid the cv spike like 40 cvs in the queue and the waited on slaughter until things get normalized and balanced, I'll simply get out of their way, playing other modes and having fun.

Things will get better for your main class and worse for mine, they plan to change the IFHE, and they plan also to change the radar, so....

p.s.- @bouncer8409, the selfishness in this forum is high, nobody cares, really, when my time came, I just leave and I advice you to do the same, sign off, rest and then sign in. Is the best thing you will do.

Changing radar is a good thing. This is really bad to play when you cant get closer to 9 km range without get detected. For us BB players radars are not so big issue but for DDs and cruisers they are cancer. And when DD in your team see radars on enemy side they wont play as they should.

On first days from some new line in the game there is always a big number in queue. That will reduce within 2 weeks.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PMI]
Players
2,339 posts
5,527 battles
2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Depend how you look at those 30k players online.

In example; there was before ratio (on that amount) 8:2 in terms of quality : noobs players, and now number is more like 3:7.

So what is the point of having 30, 50 or even 100k active players daily if 80% of them are noobs. Unless you prefer quantity over quality.

Just FYI, that went out the window with the steam introduction.

Regarding quality, WG has been dumbing the game down, hard, for casuals and those "lesser" players as you call them.

Quality numbers have always been more like 1:4 or even 1:8, before and after steam, its human nature to suck at stuff and keep at it just because.

Also, would that not be better? You have bigger chances at big numbers and will eventually need to carry more, so win win for a superhuman like yourself right?

Try getting that elitist whiff away, you were a noob, and by your posts, are stil a nubcake.

Point still stands: if WG, or anyone, wanted teary goodbye posts, there would be a section for them, and those threads would not end up locked and removed.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
957 posts
7,738 battles
6 hours ago, Juanx said:

Further reminder, over 30k players as of now on the EU server.

It's Christmas and there are literally more than five different events active (that some people will be playing all of them, Ranked Sprint, PEF, Belle Epoque, Snowflakes, CW's, Dreadnought dailies) of course the numbers are high. In quieter times the average player count barely goes above 20k for more than an hour or two in the evening. 

I remember when upwards of 40k players were playing every single day. Before we had events 24/7 (which fyi do the opposite of what Wargaming wants them to)

• Cool 2

Players
6,243 posts
14,483 battles
On 12/23/2018 at 1:05 AM, bouncer8409 said:

too many map changes to put islands in every cap to hide behind

Okay, first, I can understand some of your points.

But, please cann you show me the maps (espacially on higher tiers) with "too many islands" on it?

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,680 battles

Indeed OP. You did say good bye in a polite manner. I absolutely hate to see you go. And I loath the negative reactions to your post. That juanx POS I blocked a long time ago so IDK what he/ she is spamming to you. I'd loved to have crossed daggers with you one day like I did with a lot of forum mates, keeping my wows way of life alive: enemies for 20 minutes, friends for life. From where I'm standing: I loath the CV class in this game as much as you do. No: nothing personal to CV players, it's the ship, not you. I'm extremely weary of the upcoming "change." If the CV has his/ her sights on me I'll be endlessly spammed with rockets, from freaking biplanes, torps or bombs without having the possibility to just exit the match without going pink. However I wait and see how it turns out before making a decision first. If the counter is even worse than it is now I'll follow your lead and play a game I actually like so the CV unicums can find themselves in their gold hell with nothing but gold. But I keep having the illusion there will be a same infinite counter to planespam (PLANE: as in totally =/= SHIP) with the rework.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Players
77 posts
10,666 battles
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:20 AM, talpadragos said:

Unfortunately, Boucer has a point and more over, he is entitled to a opinion. A forum is a place where people can (and should) express their thoughts.

Now, even in coop you can lose because of so many new (or not so new) players with no experience but with powerfull ships. They charge, they die, then start arguing and complaining and reporting. I also did take a break of 6 months from this game some time ago and it felt good.

So, Bouncer, i feel you. All the best and good luck.

Good advice. This year I did the same. And honestly for the same reason. As long as WoWs Developers don't fix the CV problem, I believe many old timers will leave or step back for a while. I took a break of 6 months and I came back now in december. On one hand I feel better as I rediscover the pleasure of the game starting from low Tiers. On the other is sometime really frustrating to see so many miss plays … But it's a game I try to take it easy and enjoy. 

Merry Xmas to all! 

• Cool 1

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
71 posts
7,175 battles

Will OP ever read the replies and good wishes all these kind people posted ?

Many "goodbye posts"' are a 1 way ticket, so we might be wasting our time typing here...

For if OP reads this:  12.000 battles ?  Understandable  this game has run its course for you.

Merry Xmas !

• Cool 1

[RNSF]
Players
209 posts
12,681 battles
54 minutes ago, Garfield4 said:

Will OP ever read the replies and good wishes all these kind people posted ?

Many "goodbye posts"' are a 1 way ticket, so we might be wasting our time typing here...

For if OP reads this:  12.000 battles ?  Understandable  this game has run its course for you.

Merry Xmas !

Yes my friend, read them all and really appreciate the positive replies. The negative responses i expected and treat with disdain as always. i will probably be back but for now i am off to Stavro Mueller Beta for a beer. Happy shipping fella's.