You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Warderer

Arsenal ships and coupons.

12 comments in this topic

[HULK]
Beta Tester
48 posts
1,698 battles

Hey everyone!

So as probably most of you already know, on the 24th/25th the coupons for the Arsenal section are renewed.

Do you guys think that we will get new ship options then?

I am in an awkward situation where I dont have enough for the T9 ships and I am thinking about getting Aigle or Oktyabyarskaya. I am not completely sold on either of those ships but I dont want to loose the coupon. Yet again if there going to be new ships in the Arsenal soon I would wait for them.

Help guys. What would you do if you were in my position?

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles

Aigle is a better DD than Gallant, that's all I know (and I have been told, I do not play DDs myself).

The Oktobrakskaksssaayyaaa is a good BB, at least, difficult to kill, in my opinion.

[CATS]
Players
14,708 posts
10,879 battles

Could be, could be not.

I would only spend so much that I have enough left to buy something I really want. Do not buy stuff out of desperation if it messes up your savings.

Aigle and Oktober are not the most interesting ships.

• Cool 7

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles

Col Pete is right, they are not very special. I spent some coal on the T3 RN DD Campbelltown which is a LOL boat.

Also there's other stuff that is useful, or just save it up for the big one. 

I'm doing that, not much there that I'd like though. 

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,558 battles
8 minutes ago, Warderer said:

Hey everyone!

So as probably most of you already know, on the 24th/25th the coupons for the Arsenal section are renewed.

I am in an awkward situation where I dont have enough for the T9 ships and I am thinking about getting Aigle or Oktyabyarskaya. I am not completely sold on either of those ships but I dont want to loose the coupon. Yet again if there going to be new ships in the Arsenal soon I would wait for them.

It depends, OR may be interesting if you will play the coming RU BBs.

It also depends on what you have in port now and what lines you grind in the near future. The high tier ships are very expensive coalwise buit may give more in return (and higher effect of coupon).

How is your coalflow? Also important - the missions have often coal rewards (daily) + the RN arc gave lots of coal, now you have a lot in the Snowflakes. So it is also a question of your generation of coal and long term goals.

• Cool 1

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
99 posts
4,946 battles

If you own and enjoy Huanghe, Perth or Haida the smoke mod is worth investing some coal in if it won't prevent you buying a ship you're saving up for.

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I would only spend so much that I have enough left to buy something I really want. Do not buy stuff out of desperation if it messes up your savings.

Best answer! t2010.gif

Players
3,346 posts
5,816 battles
3 hours ago, Warderer said:

I assume you want to use the Coupon right away for one or the other? I wouldnt do that tbh. Especially, since you say, you arent sure about the ships anyway. The Coupon will last 3 months (right? someone correct me if im wrong), so you have plenty of time to gather more Coal. Not sure how many ships you own, but the snowflakes can give you a nice boost. Also, who knows what kind of missions are coming in the next month, which might give even more coal? You can use that Coupon for Aigle or Okto at any time in the next 3 months. But once you used it, you have to wait for the next, which can be frustrating, if you got a ship you dont like and then notice, you would have the coal for a ship that you actually liked more but cant get it now.

[NWP]
Players
3,564 posts
5,902 battles

Personaly i wouldnt let a ship coupon go to waste unless i know im playing that little that even paying like what? 30k coal for a ship will set me back months for something i want.

If i look at the coal which i gathered after it was released:

Bought Salem for 180k.

Spend 45k on Bismarck and Vive la France Containers

Currently at 125~k.

Thats like 350k since coal was released, and while i have taken Resource containers quite often, i havent taken them solely, so more coal would be possible. On top of that, im still missing most from snowflake event.

[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Players
126 posts
7,178 battles
9 hours ago, Warderer said:

Hey everyone!

Those low tier ships in the arsenal are basically useless. They aren't very good and don't earn a lot of credits. Forget about the coupon, you're only "saving" about 10k coal buying those ships.

Save up for the Musashi, her and Kronstadt are going away in a month or so. There is also Jean Bart.

[HULK]
Beta Tester
48 posts
1,698 battles

Okay. Thank you everyone for the comments. I think that I will pass on this coupon. I didn't have a lot of time this year for the game but I hope that this will change next year. So yeah. Will hopefully get to the beast ships soon ^-^

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
12,003 battles

Well, apart from buying the Charleston I have been saving my coal for Jean Bart (have 206k currently so the coupon will get me the JB on Christmas day)  Steel priced ships are currently all out of my range as only 7850 steel but I am hoping to acquire more of this 

• Cool 1