Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Todger_Fairmile

Prinz Eitel Friedrich missing a deck?

18 comments in this topic

Players
361 posts
5,557 battles

I may be wrong, but it looks like Prinz Eitel Friedrich is missing a deck. Her cast-mate guns look like they're way too close to the water. It would appear that she would flood in almost as soon as she picked up speed. The picture below looks more reasonable.

33to4yu.jpg

Players
2,339 posts
6,660 battles
46 minutes ago, Todger_Fairmile said:

I may be wrong, but it looks like Prinz Eitel Friedrich is missing a deck. Her cast-mate guns look like they're way too close to the water. It would appear that she would flood in almost as soon as she picked up speed. The picture below looks more reasonable.

33to4yu.jpg

The fictional rebuild probably made her longer, appearing to be lower in the water.

[CATS]
Players
14,641 posts
10,869 battles

There is a reason casemate guns were removed from later BB designs.

They were too wet and partially not even usable in rough seas.

• Cool 1

Players
361 posts
5,557 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

There is a reason casemate guns were removed from later BB designs.

They were too wet and partially not even usable in rough seas.

That and they needed the weight for DP guns. This picture makes me think of Mary Rose, Vasa, and HMS Captain.

552628de84334140954607432c0c339b.png

[POI--]
Players
3,878 posts
5,011 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

The fictional rebuild probably made her longer, appearing to be lower in the water.

She doesn't just appear lower in the water. She is lower in the water. Main reason why most of her armour is below the waterline.

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles
2 hours ago, Todger_Fairmile said:

The term you're looking fore is casemate, not cast-mate.

Apart from that I have to agree with the consensus.

Players
3 posts
2,980 battles

Ship is ok, but please change the gunsound of this ship. I feel like i fire with a pistol...:(

Edit: And yes the secondaries are to close to the water.

[POI--]
Players
3,878 posts
5,011 battles
1 minute ago, MasterofChaos said:

Ship is ok, but please change the gunsound of this ship. I feel like i fire with a pistol...:(

Same as most low tier Germans?

Players
361 posts
5,557 battles
57 minutes ago, lafeel said:

The term you're looking fore is casemate, not cast-mate.

Apart from that I have to agree with the consensus.

I had used casemate, but it came up as a misspell, so I changed it. I've read Little White Mouse's review and am undecided as to whether I need it or not.

[POI--]
Players
3,878 posts
5,011 battles
1 hour ago, Todger_Fairmile said:

I had used casemate, but it came up as a misspell, so I changed it. I've read Little White Mouse's review and am undecided as to whether I need it or not.

Do you need the steel? If not, my recommendation is the grind. The ship looks nice, but gameplay-wise is nothing amazing.

Beta Tester
1,843 posts
2,580 battles
4 hours ago, Todger_Fairmile said:

Your spellchecker is, as they tend to be, off it's rocker. There is no such thing as a cast-mate, at least not on a warship.

Players
2,339 posts
6,660 battles
10 hours ago, Riselotte said:

She doesn't just appear lower in the water. She is lower in the water. Main reason why most of her armour is below the waterline.

Now that you mention the armor below the waterline, LWM mentioned this in her review of PEF.

In her review it was also stated that if PEF were to be raised a bit, her citadel would also get raised, which would likely make her weaker.

Perhaps WG ended up putting PEF a bit lower in the water as it was easier to make her less vulnerable this way than to change the model?

[KAKE]
Players
786 posts
2,959 battles
4 hours ago, lafeel said:

There is no such thing as a cast-mate, at least not on a warship.

Warships of the age we're talking about here wouldn't exactly have satellite television and Internet access, so the crew would have to organize their own entertainment.

And if the crew decided to put up something like a small theatre act or revue, the participants would technically be cast-mates :cap_old:

• Funny 2

Weekend Tester
541 posts
4,964 battles

WG seems to balance ships by raising or lowering them in the water, thus exposing or concealing their modelled citadels.

There are lots of ships in the game that don't appear to be sitting at their correct real-world combat draught.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this