You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Muttley44

Super Unicorns - What are they

28 comments in this topic

Players
18 posts
3,254 battles

Hi just lost a battle and I have been cheated.

Here we go again a noob moaning, but after 2000 battles  you get a feel for the game and guess what even though  I sulk and take a few of the losses with very bad grace, the times I am cheated now days grows less and less, funny that.

Me and another CL, which I nearly always play, hey why not be an antelope, were thrashed by another CL, and I mean totally, and when something like this happens I check the stats of my Nemises, which to put it in context,  I try and play daily and do such a check about once every 2 weeks to a month. Like I say finding less and less cheats. On checking I find they are often brilliant, or like me have the odd game were the RNG gods are on their side and they played a blinder, and in these cases I go away happy, oddly with a feeling of brotherhood.

This time, my Nemises, seemed to have a completely pimped up CL, and the skill of a veritable salty old sea dog, odd how him seemed to have picked this up on a total of seven, yes 7 battles, Super Unicorn or what. 

Any comments

[PMI]
Players
2,385 posts
5,598 battles
2 minutes ago, Muttley44 said:
Spoiler

Hi just lost a battle and I have been cheated.

Here we go again a noob moaning, but after 2000 battles  you get a feel for the game and guess what even though  I sulk and take a few of the losses with very bad grace, the times I am cheated now days grows less and less, funny that.

Me and another CL, which I nearly always play, hey why not be an antelope, were thrashed by another CL, and I mean totally, and when something like this happens I check the stats of my Nemises, which to put it in context,  I try and play daily and do such a check about once every 2 weeks to a month. Like I say finding less and less cheats. On checking I find they are often brilliant, or like me have the odd game were the RNG gods are on their side and they played a blinder, and in these cases I go away happy, oddly with a feeling of brotherhood.

This time, my Nemises, seemed to have a completely pimped up CL, and the skill of a veritable salty old sea dog, odd how him seemed to have picked this up on a total of seven, yes 7 battles, Super Unicorn or what. 

Any comments

Try making sense if you have any questions, so we may be able to answer.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
3,577 posts
5,919 battles

Cant exactly understand what you mean (cause you keep referring to cheats),

but maybe this guy was a re-roll account? So this account shows only 7 battles, but maybe he has another account with thousands of battles?

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
792 posts
2,975 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Cant exactly understand what you mean (cause you keep referring to cheats),

but maybe this guy was a re-roll account? So this account shows only 7 battles, but maybe he has another account with thousands of battles?

Or it could be a bloody foreigner come here to sink our ships (ie experienced NA or RU player who's started an EU account).

Players
18 posts
3,254 battles

Hi both

Thought multiple accounts were frowned upon, and no way should they be able to transfer ships and skills to the new account. To take any of those actions is not playing by the book, and how does someone with a new account have a Tier 6 Cruiser, in 7 battles.

Enough direct questions, I hope,

[CATS]
Players
14,735 posts
10,882 battles
  • no transfer possible
  • premium ship
  • take a look at his CoOp battle count
  • in rare cases it could be a press/promotion account

[NWP]
Players
3,577 posts
5,919 battles
4 minutes ago, Muttley44 said:

Hi both

Thought multiple accounts were frowned upon, and no way should they be able to transfer ships and skills to the new account. To take any of those actions is not playing by the book, and how does someone with a new account have a Tier 6 Cruiser, in 7 battles.

You can make as many accounts as you wish. You cant transfer anything to the other account, but ofc your own skill level is the same.

As for the T6 ship:

Maybe he played coop - did you check that? And probably spend money for FreeXP / premium ship?

Players
18 posts
3,254 battles

Thanks ColonelPete,

Still not cricket,

DFENS_666, by skills I meant Captain's skills, like I thought he must be one of those Super Unicorns, with natural skills.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,564 battles
12 minutes ago, Muttley44 said:

Hi both

It's frowned upon from the community (as reroll) but not by WG. (double the players double the potentional money as both can purchse new premiumships)

It's perfectly fine to make a new account especially if you moved to another country/continent.

You can't take over stuff though.

Most likely it has lots of coop battles or is a brand new press account.

The only other explanation is a rare exception where support allowed to carry over progress after moving to another continent with another server. Most of the talk around that is not confirmed though and pretty unclear if support will ever do that.

Edit: Or the Tier VI Cruiser was a premiumship duh.

[CATS]
Players
14,735 posts
10,882 battles
8 minutes ago, Muttley44 said:

Thanks ColonelPete,

Still not cricket,

DFENS_666, by skills I meant Captain's skills, like I thought he must be one of those Super Unicorns, with natural skills.

It does not matter if someone with 7 oder 7.000 battles sunk you.

I suggest to invest more energy into finding out what he did right and you did wrong to prevent this from happening again.

Your "hunt" for the "cheater" is pointless and just serves the purpose to deflect the blame of your misfortune onto somebody else, instead of analyzing what you did wrong.

Players
18 posts
3,254 battles

I know it is Unicum, I was being a bit flippant, as we all read the I was robbed stories, its not fair.

What is fair is I have received a number of interesting replies, and for those who might be interested, by the user a name possibly Russian, and interesting in that is short with no numbers etc, which in many instances indicates a long term player, but then as said is seemed Russian and was not something like Vlad, and they had 4 games in co-op.

Players
1,583 posts
6,243 battles
11 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

CUM not CORN  :Smile_hiding:

Nope, Corn for me. You can have the *** if you want... :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

Players
18 posts
3,254 battles

As said in my original posting, I am not on a hunt to find a cheat, I am just interested in the game mechanics for which I am grateful for the replies which included yours. 

As said normally I do not check stats of others, as I know that my downfall is due to me, but sometimes a quirk is worth a look. In this case two full strength Tier 6 CL's should have been able to take the another, as said a quick check normally satisfies my interest and will often give a full explanation, they are more experienced. As to that battle, I knew it was not going well, and prudence would have been the better course of action, my actions, my downfall. It was the 7 battles that was interesting.

I have spent a life time when not playing games as an investigator, forensic and in the field, so what I see as an oddity will always peak my interest, and I like answers. As in the real world there are nearly always positive explanations. Put downs and subject changes say more about that person than the original questioner and again peak my interest, why the defensive stance....

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,439 posts
11,421 battles

@Muttley44 The easiest way to solve this is you posting the replay of that game here and then we can tell you what happened. Though I can already guarantee it wasn't any kind of cheat ^^

Beta Tester
1,850 posts
6,160 battles

Hmm, looks like you and your pal got outplayed by a reroll. 

Just because there were 2 of you and 1 of him dosent mean you'll win the fight, heck i've seen my fair share of good players demolish a flank solo. 

What ships were you two playing, what ship were you up against, did he land a few citadels into you etc... 

As was sayd a replay is the best thing, so you can lookover the match and find tini errors that you normaly wouldnt see. 

:Smile_honoring:

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,945 battles

Tier 6 is also the 'sweet spot' for operations. You could level up a ship captain there and it'd never show up in any of your stats. And if he had tier 7 and 8 premiums as well......

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,686 battles
50 minutes ago, Muttley44 said:

As said in my original posting, I am not on a hunt to find a cheat, I am just interested in the game mechanics for which I am grateful for the replies which included yours. 

As said normally I do not check stats of others, as I know that my downfall is due to me, but sometimes a quirk is worth a look. In this case two full strength Tier 6 CL's should have been able to take the another, as said a quick check normally satisfies my interest and will often give a full explanation, they are more experienced. As to that battle, I knew it was not going well, and prudence would have been the better course of action, my actions, my downfall. It was the 7 battles that was interesting.

I have spent a life time when not playing games as an investigator, forensic and in the field, so what I see as an oddity will always peak my interest, and I like answers. As in the real world there are nearly always positive explanations. Put downs and subject changes say more about that person than the original questioner and again peak my interest, why the defensive stance....

A super unicorn has nothing to do with commander perks, a super unicorn refers to the players skills, aka how good he is at the game.

And there are no "Cheats" for warships.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
618 posts
10,023 battles
Vor 59 Minuten, Muttley44 sagte:

As said in my original posting, I am not on a hunt to find a cheat, I am just interested in the game mechanics for which I am grateful for the replies which included yours...

Ah, finally I understand what you meant in your first post.

What all the others wrote here could be reasonable explanations. This having said I also experienced already some accounts where I was puzzled how the player was able to reach tier 9 or tier 10 ships while having played only a handful of battles as per the stats. 

Send us the replay and we might be able to help you find an answer. 

Players
18 posts
3,254 battles

I repeat myself again, I have no issue with the skill of my Nemsis, he played a blinder, though with WOT tactics, but all is fair in love and war. They were good the ship seemed to out class mine, my shots were a bit off, he was an expert at WASD, due respect, an for those who asked I did not compliment, and I hang my head in shame. I got over it as I always do, it is a game, he was as his stats said Super Unicom in every department.

Tonge In cheek, how did he get that good in 7 rank/random games, and as I found out later 4 co-op. I have received various replies, many good. 

I suspect his account is set up for the new ranked series, which I may play, good luck to you all.