You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

Knocking off Snowflakes - Co-Op is just sooooo bad right now!

76 comments in this topic

Players
1,334 posts
5,325 battles

Hi all,

This isn't a rant or complaint (said that first but someone will still say I am :Smile_teethhappy:) but with the huge influx of PvP players into Co-Op right now, each knocking off Snowflakes from their ships, Co-Op is a horrible place to be. Virtually everyone is getting <400XP (not all but the vast majority), it's almost impossible to get 3+ kills as everyone is getting 1, the games only last 4 minutes, Bot CV's have disappeared as the queues are filled with humans so no extra Plane Kill XP and the salt in chat is getting to Random levels of garbage.

So, if you're a Co-Op main like myself, do yourself a favour and jump into Random to ruin that mode like PvP players have just done to Co-Op give the game a break as you'll not be able to find your usual "fun/exciting" game but instead an un-fun and overly quick mess.

If I could have changed one thing about these Snowflakes it would be remove the "......and Win" requirement so that so many PvP players didn't feel "forced" into playing a game-mode they don't like just to get the ship reward. Wouldn't it have been better to play the ship in a mode they like and still get rewarded for it instead?

Anyway, have as much fun as you can Co-Op folks, it'll all be over soon :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 6
  • Funny 13
  • Boring 2

Players
3,309 posts
5,737 battles
10 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

So, if you're a Co-Op main like myself, do yourself a favour and jump into Random to ruin that mode like PvP players have just done to Co-Op give the game a break as you'll not be able to find your usual "fun/exciting" game but instead an un-fun and overly quick mess.

If it makes you feel any better: Randoms are a mess aswell. DDs suiciding left and right, because "Must get ma 33 spotting ribbonzz"

I actually had quite decent Co-Op games so far today/yesterday, managed 3 kills quite a few times and went into 500~600 base XP range with my higher tiers. But the chat IS unusual salty, that is true. And I think 9 out of 10 games had a human CV - same reason, they want the spotting. So its hard to get them as a DD. Last round I popped my speedboost and managed to get 3 spotting ribbons right before the fighter plane of our Lexington. Pretty sure that netted me a report. Well, right back at ya, buddy. Some people... :Smile_facepalm:

12 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Wouldn't it have been better to play the ship in a mode they like and still get rewarded for it instead?

Yes. Plain and simple.

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
547 posts
3,199 battles

I almost never play co-op and will not be playing co-op just because of the snowflakes. I either get it by just playing or I don't. I really don't care. I rather spend my time grinding silver lines. 

• Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,772 posts
7,712 battles

I mean, I pretty much only know Coop from times like these, when there's something specific I want to get done in there, but it's been pretty much exactly as expected - very quick, very easy mindless zerging, no salt in chat... what exactly is different when we dont come over and ruin it for you? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PMI]
Players
2,301 posts
5,457 battles

Have not had a single defeat solving my T2-5 snowflakes in coop...

No need to give the game a break unless you cant cope, and you should be able to.

Players
3,309 posts
5,737 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

what exactly is different when we dont come over and ruin it for you? :Smile_teethhappy:

Imagine an avarage random game, with 40~70% beeing potatos - thats how Co-Op usualy is. So the decent people can farm damage and even get quite some good XP out of it. Thats hard right now, so its not economically viable.

• Cool 1

Players
286 posts
9,006 battles

Sorry. Gonna use co-op to grind for the grind gods and farm for the farm gods.

If I have to put up with this all the issue you highlight and much much more in randoms for year upon year. I’m sure you co-op lot can handle a couple of weeks. It’s your turn to do the time ;)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[DSW]
Players
3,772 posts
7,712 battles
7 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Imagine an avarage random game, with 40~70% beeing potatos - thats how Co-Op usualy is. So the decent people can farm damage and even get quite some good XP out of it. Thats hard right now, so its not economically viable.

oh, so (according to the Forums) Randoms are unplayable because too many people are too bad - and now, when mostly those self same people move to coop, it's unplayable because too many people are too good?

oh the juicy irony :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 11

Players
3,309 posts
5,737 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

oh, so (according to the Forums) Randoms are unplayable because too many people are too bad - and now, when mostly those self same people move to coop, it's unplayable because too many people are too good? 

oh the juicy irony :Smile_teethhappy:

First-world-problems? :Smile_veryhappy:

Personaly, I think, the people that make randoms unplayable arent moving over to Co-Op. They are still in randoms and derp around. Its rather the people, that are doing good in randoms, are in co-op right now. And ive seen so many known names in co-op yesterday/today, that this conclusion seems to be atleast somewhat true.

• Cool 1

Players
668 posts
7,886 battles
32 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Hi all,

This isn't a rant or complaint (said that first but someone will still say I am :Smile_teethhappy:) but with the huge influx of PvP players into Co-Op right now, each knocking off Snowflakes from their ships, Co-Op is a horrible place to be. Virtually everyone is getting <400XP (not all but the vast majority), it's almost impossible to get 3+ kills as everyone is getting 1, the games only last 4 minutes, Bot CV's have disappeared as the queues are filled with humans so no extra Plane Kill XP and the salt in chat is getting to Random levels of garbage.

If I could have changed one thing about these Snowflakes it would be remove the "......and Win" requirement so that so many PvP players didn't feel "forced" into playing a game-mode they don't like just to get the ship reward. Wouldn't it have been better to play the ship in a mode they like and still get rewarded for it instead?

Anyway, have as much fun as you can Co-Op folks, it'll all be over soon

So, are you complaneing that quality of Co-op has gone up and is hurting Co-op mains?

• Funny 4

[SCRUB]
Players
1,969 posts
43 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Hi all,

Anyway, have as much fun as you can Co-Op folks, it'll all be over soon :Smile_facepalm:

I know what you mean... That randoms have no clue...

Yesterday had full clan division in co-op that almost threw the game. If that last BB had no Survivability perk it would be surely dead!

• Funny 3

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,429 posts
11,414 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, IanH755 sagte:

I'm not sure if this would help. Because Coop-Matches are also much shorter than Randoms, meaning you can get more snowflakes in the same time. So even without the win-condition, it would still be more efficient to do it in Coop.

• Cool 1

Players
329 posts
1,445 battles

Glad I'm not the only one who's felt co-ops being shorter – I thought it might just have seemed that way because I've been playing more randoms recently.

Can't say I've noticed more salt, but have noticed much less bizarre play than usual. I played ±30 co-op games yday – knocking off snowflakes and then speed-running the 1,000 main battery hits mission by playing Sims and Haida as though they were Russian – and only *once* did I see a human Pan-Asian DD player try to torp their bot counterpart :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
1,334 posts
5,325 battles
34 minutes ago, mariouus said:

So, are you complaneing that quality of Co-op has gone up and is hurting Co-op mains?

See, I told you someone would!!!!!! :Smile_teethhappy:

34 minutes ago, mariouus said:

It's not "hurting" but just making the game less fun. For example, imagine random being flooded with 30% WR players for a few weeks all doing a mission, it just isn't fun to play that way.

• Boring 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,429 posts
11,414 battles
Gerade eben, IanH755 sagte:

It's not "hurting" but just making the game less fun. For example, imagine random being flooded with 30% WR players for a few weeks all doing a mission, it just isn't fun to play that way.

I wouldn't see any difference. :cap_old:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,969 posts
13 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

Glad I'm not the only one who's felt co-ops being shorter – I thought it might just have seemed that way because I've been playing more randoms recently.

Games always end before clock strikes 10 minute mark. Most games last somewhere between 7-9 minutes.

2 minutes ago, _interceptor_80 said:

Sry kids for disturbing, we will leave your playground ASAP :Smile_trollface:

Thank you! Leave the last safe heaven in this game for those with nerves ruined by incompetence in Randoms... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[IDDQD]
Players
1,733 posts
15,880 battles

image.png.eef906f66f08a866ade538f349cc2412.png

:cap_happy:

but comming back to random after 19 T10 coop games was quite tough, its totaly different game. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[SCRUB]
Players
7,280 posts
9,504 battles

The best part is that people still CoOp like it's randoms, complete with battleships hiding in the back and/or cruisers and destroyers going on wide (!) flanking manouvers. Considering the Leroy Jenkins'ish nature of how bots approach the battle, it's hilarious to see four human BB players on your team huddle behind islands whilst I rush straight into the enemy in my Lo Yang, kill four of the bots myself and then only after I died and there's hardly any opposition left the BBs get brave enough to come up from behind their islands.

Kinda both sad and hilarious at the same time.

• Cool 17

[SCRUB]
Players
1,969 posts
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

The best part is that people still CoOp like it's randoms, complete with battleships hiding in the back or going on wide (!) flanking manouvers. Considering the Leroy Jenkins'ish nature of how bots approach the battle, it's hilarious to see four human BB players on your team huddle behind islands whilst I rush straight into the enemy in my Lo Yang, kill four of the bots myself and then only after I died and there's hardly any opposition left the BBs get brave enough to come up from behind their islands.

They even discuss 'strategy' and wonder which caps to grab... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[PMI]
Players
2,301 posts
5,457 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

The best part is that people still CoOp like it's randoms, complete with battleships hiding in the back or going on wide (!) flanking manouvers. Considering the Leroy Jenkins'ish nature of how bots approach the battle, it's hilarious to see four human BB players on your team huddle behind islands whilst I rush straight into the enemy in my Lo Yang, kill four of the bots myself and then only after I died and there's hardly any opposition left the BBs get brave enough to come up from behind their islands.

That would be correct, they even strategize at the start, and quickly shut up when you type "dude its coop, they are bots, get a grip".

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
1,733 posts
15,880 battles
Just now, Aotearas said:

The best part is that people still CoOp like it's randoms

I loved Two Brothers yesterday, middle darwin push just from start is nothing I will ever do in randoms :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[5D]
Players
473 posts
20,525 battles

erm but co op isnt fun anyway. it is just there to get missions done that require wins. i really dont get people who only play co op. there is no challenge to it. its just brainless sailing

• Cool 1