You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Amardyl

How to bunch shells?

14 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
831 battles

I would like to know how to bunch shells.

I am a bit pissed off when I fire the entire broadside and most of the shells miss splashing both sides of the target, meaning I am on target, however when they return fire, their shells arrive in one neat bunch and nearly all hit me.

Even if I try to zig zag, I get hit often, yet only score 1 or 2 hits when I return fire.

This happens way too often.

Beta Tester
204 posts
4,772 battles

You don't, accuracy is dependant on each ship and class. That said you'll find eventually it isn't that hard to get a good prediction and land shells every volley but every so often dispersion will say no. What sort of ranges are you firing at? you should be able to score hits fairly reliably at medium range and closer.

Quality Poster
3,367 posts
8,384 battles

That is how RNG in this game works.

Each ship has a different dispersion ellipse. Once you fire at a ship RNG decides WHERE within this ellipse your shells will land.

As ScienceWoona said, some ships have better dispersion, some ships worse.

[W-C]
Players
431 posts
1,791 battles

I'm guessing your issue with shooting here is from playing BB's? That is normal, especially for lower tier BB's! RNG will troll you - sometimes give you great dispersion, and other times terrible.

edit: and just because you can shoot at ships 20km away, doesn't mean you should stay 20km away. USN BB's work best medium range (12-15km)

Other thing is, to help dodge incoming fire, don't 'zig-zag'. Dodging is 50% A-D and 50% W-S... sail straight, hit rudder to left (or right), sail straight, adjust speed +/- 2 stops, keep going for a few seconds, change course again. If you zig-zag, you basically end up being predictable :).

[OP]
Beta Tester
321 posts
2,821 battles

Make sure that you have locked the target you fire at. It will give a dispersion buff. 
Otherwise check the comments above^

Players
1,752 posts
9,924 battles

Don't bother about what everyone above me said. The only true way to bunch your shells is to pray to this guy:

nUQACjz.jpg

Alternatively, when playing russian or soviet ships, you may wish to instead, pray to this guy:

Screenshot_20181221-191749_Ghostery.thumb.jpg.4d26d3b8af5e2f166553e5d0f49f904b.jpg

• Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Players
1,988 posts
8 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Alternatively, when playing russian or soviet ships, you may wish to instead, pray pra3y to this guy:

Seems much funnier that way. :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1

Players
3,592 posts
7,346 battles
3 minutes ago, Amardyl said:

Thanks guys.  Will keep playing and hope it gets better.

RNG won't get better. But your aim might improve over time