Sign in to follow this  
GunterPriemm

Prinz Eitel Friedrich

68 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
14,622 posts
10,863 battles

We have to speculate, since you do not say much.

• The video could be old
  • it could be because of modules
  • It could be because of captain skills (bft)

But no matter what, the main guns will not get better!!

[EINS-]
Players
19 posts
10,093 battles

I have seen several videos, and looked at all the possibilities with a captain 19 points, and improvements, etc, etc and can not be achieved. But in the videos it comes out that yes.
And in his advertising he says he can get to have the second degree artillery at 7.5 km and I can not get it either.

[CATS]
Players
14,622 posts
10,863 battles

The ship was changed ages ago...

Looked at some videos. The difference is the result of the changed reload times.

This was discussed for weeks on the forum.

[EINS-]
Players
19 posts
10,093 battles

I have played three battles and I have verified that it is a well-protected battleship with very good artillery, both primary and secondary and AA

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,176 battles
9 hours ago, GunterPriemm said:

I have seen several videos, and looked at all the possibilities with a captain 19 points, and improvements, etc, etc and can not be achieved. But in the videos it comes out that yes.
And in his advertising he says he can get to have the second degree artillery at 7.5 km and I can not get it either.

First off ignore the rating in points, they are mostly meaningless. And as previous posters said, outdated video.

As for the secondary battery, you can get it to 7.5 km. Secondary module, advanced firing training and secondary flag gives you the advertised range (you get 7.56, but I'm pretty sure the game rounds that up).

[POI--]
Players
3,841 posts
4,994 battles

84 points of AA likely means AA range mod, BFT, AFT, Manual AA and AA signal. I have all but Manual AA and am at 82.

[NKK2]
Players
1,034 posts
3,409 battles

In the end, I got this ship as a family present, which is really nice. Sorry for rebooting this tread a bit but I need to así a couple of questions:

1st: Should I go for a secondary build with my Bismarck captain? 

2: Should I use my Bayern captain with aims to go for the classic Fire Prevention + Concealment build?

3s: Should I build one from scratch, using any spare captain I have? In that case, which one is most optimal? I don’t really go with CVs but with rework coming I’m not confident in my AA

As for the ship itself, the guns are the some, if not the worst thing I have ever seen, except for the Queen Elisabeth (which I still hate to this day) They are not as accurate, too few barrel count and low caliber Is specially bad the reload and turning speed for that low mm gun I really hope the reload is buffed some time in the future, or if not the reload, at least penetration or accuracy Lack of all of that is just no good, unless you want it to be completely garbage 

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
5,060 posts
5,050 battles
17 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

In the end, I got this ship as a family present, which is really nice. Sorry for rebooting this tread a bit but I need to así a couple of questions:

2: Should I use my Bayern captain with aims to go for the classic Fire Prevention + Concealment build?

3s: Should I build one from scratch, using any spare captain I have? In that case, which one is most optimal? I don’t really go with CVs but with rework coming I’m not confident in my AA

As for the ship itself, the guns are the some, if not the worst thing I have ever seen, except for the Queen Elisabeth (which I still hate to this day) They are not as accurate, too few barrel count and low caliber Is specially bad the reload and turning speed for that low mm gun I really hope the reload is buffed some time in the future, or if not the reload, at least penetration or accuracy Lack of all of that is just no good, unless you want it to be completely garbage 

I am using my König Captain with

- PM

- AR & EM

- AFT & BoS

- BFT & Manual AA

which works quite well. A full secondary built isn’t worth it in my opinion as you don’t need IFHE or manual Secondaries at T6. Also I don’t use the secondary gun module but the main gun one as her base dispersion isn’t good. Manual AA is (still) very nice but might become rubbish in some weeks time with the CV rework (also these skills change). 

As for the missing punch I agree. She disappointed me much unfortunately 

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,841 posts
4,994 battles
19 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

If you want to use a shared captainm, the Bayern one likely works better. I use a Hipper/Eugen captain with BFT and AFT, which works decently well, as you want to boost that AA.

In general, I'd say @1MajorKoenig's build works for a dedicated captain, but I'd replace PM with PT and Manual AA can be replaced with CE, as it is a more versatile skill. If you div with CVs, full AA is better though.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,177 posts
6,766 battles
27 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

Yes and no. Secondary build is great, but Manual Secondaries are completely wasted on any t6 and below ship, instead of that you kinda really want Concealment

28 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

Definitely works with that, yeah. Fires do seem to end up being the largest source of dmg you take, despite of how healable they are

29 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

For any AA build wait for the rework and then see if it's worth it, as it probably won't.

If you want to have fun with secondaries dedicated captain probably would be the best way to go, at least in my oppinion

1p - PT / PM (question of preference)

3p - EM

6p - BFT

10p - Concealment

14p - AFT

---------------------------

For the last 5 points I see 3 potential ways:

FP + PT / PM (whichever you didn't pick at 1p)

BoS (shorter fires) + JoaT / AR (question of preference)

DE (even more secondary fires) + JoaT / AR (question of preference)

35 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

They are not as accurate

In accuracy between t6 BBs PEF's only rivaled by Warspite, and I'm still not sure which of them actually gets the upper hand. Probably Warspite, but it's going to be close

36 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

too few barrel count

Ironic how the t6 BB that everyone refers to as accurate - Warspite - also has 8 guns just like PEF

36 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

and low caliber

Actually it's quite average caliber. Before the Bayern and QE class 356 (basically same as 350s) was as high as it went at t6

Also French go quite a bit lower, doesn't seem to be much of a problem for them

38 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

the reload

...is as good as it gets for similar caliber guns.

• PEF - 350 - 28s
  • Fuso - 356 - 28s
  • NewMex - 356 - 34.2s
  • Arizona - 356 - 35s
  • Normandie - 340 - 30s
  • Dunkek - 330 - 28s

41 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

turning speed

...is perfectly fine, especially with EM which you pick on every BB anyway

42 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

I really hope the reload is buffed

This ship doesn't need any buffs. For once WG releases normal, balanced premium and everyone goes ape:etc_swear: because it's not broken OP. If I recall correctly the exact same happened with Aigle and Kii *sigh*

43 minutes ago, FrankvC_Jr said:

at least penetration

WG's finally rewarding correct play of BBs, a.k.a. you can't snipe everything (you actually kinda still can, just don't go for BBs main belt past 13km) from your max range. Of course everyone has to be outraged about that because using your keyboard while playing a BB is so unheard of :fish_palm:

Sign in to follow this