You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

PEF guns really suck, cant overmatch BB armour

139 comments in this topic

[DREAD]
Players
7,995 posts
6,005 battles
2 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Did you check his stats? he can make even a frikkin' floatin' turd play good... oh wait... :Smile_trollface:

And you mean that is how we should balance ships? Great idea 

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
4,511 posts
5,238 battles
Just now, 1MajorKoenig said:

And you mean that is how we should balance ships? Great idea 

Well, you COULD use it as a 'measure'. If really good players cannot make it work, then it is definately crap.

Hey, and here's another idea:  if players like me do good in it, it is probably very very much OP. :cap_like:

[DREAD]
Players
7,995 posts
6,005 battles
6 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Well, you COULD use it as a 'measure'. If really good players cannot make it work, then it is definately crap.

Hey, and here's another idea:  if players like me do good in it, it is probably very very much OP. :cap_like:

She isn’t unplayable UP. The combination of all bad gun characteristics in a single ship is what sucks. And what makes her not fun to play 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[BBMM]
Players
4,511 posts
5,238 battles
50 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

She isn’t unplayable UP. The combination of all bad gun characteristics in a single ship is what sucks. And what makes her not fun to play 

I can understand that, I still remember king Troll the Filth. 

BTW i just shot one of those PEFs in my Monarch. BOOM shakalaka.

It's not particularly strong either. 

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
7,995 posts
6,005 battles
2 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I can understand that, I still remember king Troll the Filth. 

BTW i just shot one of those PEFs in my Monarch. BOOM shakalaka.

It's not particularly strong either. 

Nope it isn’t at all. But I could even live with that. But the guns - holy cow. Useless is a too positive word.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,988 battles
2 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Her pen is worse than Kongo’s and Konig’s

False and false

Kongo's 40mm behind at 1km, and 5mm behind at 17.8km

Konig's 80mm behind at 1km and 40mm behind at 17.8km

Also funny how you mention Konig - from what I've seen that ship is a pretty good comparison for gun performance. And let me tell you one thing - if you're sniping with Konig you're doing something very very wrong.

I already mentioned that PEFs pen is decent up to 13...14km. So you can apply the RN BB logic here - up to 2/3 of your max range use AP like any other BB would use it, past that swap to HE to compensate for poor penetration.

the accuracy with 2.0 sigma is barely noticeable.

It's not jsut the sigma, it's the amazing vertical dispersion aswell. Just look at US BBs, they run with the same exact combination of accuracy pluses. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't call US BBs inaccurate, would you?

The reload is indeed the same as Fuso’s but Fuso has 50% more rifles.

And Fusos accuracy is significantly worse, quite likely to such a degree that PEF over the same time might land the same number of not higher number of shells.

And then what about Dunkeks 8x 330s? Same number of guns, same reload, 20mm smaller caliber, far far worse dispersion...

The whole thing isn’t unplayable.

Not every ship is for everyone. I'm not buying PEF, but I'm really looking forward to earning it as a freebie

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,785 posts
443 battles
7 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Compared to the Bayern it sucks donkey ballz, as soon as I have done all the steel stuff with it. Im shelving that crap excuse for a ship.

30 k steel t10 bb salso can not overmatched anything (380 guns) but still is strong ship. It is not all in overmetching. A lot is in right position and good aim. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles
11 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Pen itself isn't too bad up to 13...14km, past that they seem to get kinda miserable. What you probably mean is "this is one of the rare ships at t6 which can't overmatch the 25mm bow". Remember when that was the norm rather than an exception? Good old times...

Actually similar to ships with this caliber

PEF (350) 27%

Fuso (356) 25%

NewMex (356) 30%

Normandie (340) 26%

Seems to be pretty standard

Actually quite the opposite, she's rather accurate for a BB.

While she still has standard german horizontal dispersion values, she has 2.0 sigma and some seemingly impressive vertical dispersion (I'd say mostly tnx to shell velocity)

45s is manageable, at least it's not the 72 of QE...

Again, similar caliber guns:

PEF (350) 28s

Fuso (356) 28s

NewMex (356) 34.2s

Normandie (340) 30s

Dunkek (330) 28s

28s is either pretty standard, or if you look at NewMex and Normandie - pretty damn good for 350s

Comparing AP shell flight time at your max range (17.8km) to similar calibers once more

PEF (350) 11.95s

Fuso (356) 10.83s (-1.08s)

NewMex (356) 10.15s (-1.8s)

Normandie (340) 10.74s (-1.21s)

Sure, PEF's a bit slower, but the buff it gives to you in acuracy... the flight time is small enough for it to be totally worth it

You'd have a point if at least something you said actually held up to some level of truth. Sadly enough, nothing does :cap_tea:

Edit:

Just read above

I suggest you buy the ship and post some replays, if you cant be arsed to do that then put those numbers where the sun don't shine because it doesn't matter what the numbers are when I'm telling you the guns handle like crap.

I own the ship, I have hundreds of other ships and after just playing it for a few games I can easily say it's the worst T6 battleship I've ever played. Ever.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles
11 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Did you check his stats? he can make even a frikkin' floatin' turd play good... oh wait... :Smile_trollface:

Talking about  @wilkatis_LV are we? A guy who only has 50% winrate with Yamato, but at the same time has 66% winrate with Conqueror? Yeah, sounds smart to take a player like that seriously.

5,202 posts
9,837 battles
16 minutes ago, Tivook said:

I own the ship, I have hundreds of other ships and after just playing it for a few games I can easily say it's the worst T6 battleship I've ever played. Ever.

Madam Dunkerque wants to have a word with you :Smile_hiding:

And while I'm only 5 games into the PEF, I do enjoy her more than the chunk of metal that is the Dunkerque... At least in the PEF I hit stuff....

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles
Just now, Allied_Winter said:

Madam Dunkerque wants to have a word with you :Smile_hiding:

And while I'm only 5 games into the PEF, I do enjoy her more than the chunk of metal that is the Dunkerque... At least in the PEF I hit stuff....

Dunkerque is really good if you play her like a Yamato and spec full fire prevention.

I've had 150k+ damage sessions with her, I thoroughly enjoy her.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles

This review nails it pretty well.

Guns got the "bad" score which equals to "One of, if not the worst at its tier. This is a pronounced weakness."

You can wave those sigma numbers all you want but players today are not stupid and won't show full broadside like they did early on. A ship with BAD guns overall is a bad ship, good speed means F-- all. This is war, not yacht racing.

http://shipcomrade.com/?p=1829

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

5,202 posts
9,837 battles
14 minutes ago, Tivook said:

I've had 150k+ damage sessions with her, I thoroughly enjoy her.

Fair enough. After 10 games in the Dunk I dread to play her. Luckily I won her so ... no big loss.

And while I agree on her guns being bad, I rather have guns with little pen that hit (requiring me to know which ammo to use and where to hit - hint: there are still plenty of broadside scrubs around), than having guns with good pen that can't hit the broadside of a barn.

But yeah, let's summarize her guns: Require the enemy to make a 'mistake'

[BBMM]
Players
4,511 posts
5,238 battles
50 minutes ago, Tivook said:

Talking about  @wilkatis_LV are we? A guy who only has 50% winrate with Yamato, but at the same time has 66% winrate with Conqueror? Yeah, sounds smart to take a player like that seriously.

Better than 41% in a Fuso dude... even I potato better in King George.

Maybe that 50% Musashi is better? Don't start pointing stats unless yours are great, eh... :Smile_teethhappy:

5b929da3d942a_fatcaptain.jpg.0e57f57a05ed86995582cb70ab062fa8.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
761 posts
12,293 battles

I like the PEF. It's magnetic hull seems to attract a few IJN torpedo's. :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles
17 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Better than 41% in a Fuso dude... even I potato better in King George.

Maybe that 50% Musashi is better? Don't start pointing stats unless yours are great, eh... :Smile_teethhappy:

5b929da3d942a_fatcaptain.jpg.0e57f57a05ed86995582cb70ab062fa8.jpg

Who are you referring to? Press the "solo" button, not the random or division button where I've teamed up with my rl friends that know nothing of this game after we've drank 10 beers a pop.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BBMM]
Players
4,511 posts
5,238 battles
5 minutes ago, Tivook said:

Who are you referring to? Press the "solo" button, not the random or division button where I've teamed up with my rl friends that know nothing of this game after we've drank 10 beers a pop.

Maybe admitting you're in randoms after 10 beer and a pop makes me believe I'd rather be in a team with Wilkatis_LV than you?

I bet you're also one of those complaining about potatoes in randoms, my guess is some of those potatoes have started to turn into vodka. 

This is not really making it any better eh... :Smile_trollface:

hqdefault.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles
5 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Maybe admitting you're in randoms after 10 beer and a pop makes me believe I'd rather be in a team with Wilkatis_LV than you?

I bet you're also one of those complaining about potatoes in randoms, my guess is some of those potatoes have started to turn into vodka. 

This is not really making it any better eh... :Smile_trollface:

hqdefault.jpg

Sure it is, if anything it proves that he needs to be in a division to reach great levels whereas I play better solo when I'm not having a laugh after a bunch of beers.

Also, sure proves who has an active social life and who doesn't.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[BBMM]
Players
4,511 posts
5,238 battles
1 minute ago, Tivook said:

Sure it is, if anything it proves that he needs to be in a division to reach great levels whereas I play better solo when I'm not having a laugh after a bunch of beers.

Also, sure proves who has an active social life and who doesn't.

To me it proves that somebody is able to co-operate and good at it,

and another somebody is sort of like Cpt Morgan, Haddock or Schettino,

plus: playing like that in randoms being worse than even a potato like me,

and trying to stat-shame the other to claim that he is better...

Now tell me, which one would give the better advice, if I cannot check if he's sober or not :Smile_popcorn:

• Boring 2

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles
1 minute ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

To me it proves that somebody is able to co-operate and good at it,

and another somebody is sort of like Cpt Morgan, Haddock or Schettino,

plus: playing like that in randoms being worse than even a potato like me,

and trying to stat-shame the other to claim that he is better...

Now tell me, which one would give the better advice, if I cannot check if he's sober or not :Smile_popcorn:

I think you'd be smart to listen to the guy admitting that he's either drunk playing with his friends when he's in division or trying to teach his girlfriend how to play.

Is it really smart to compare stats between someone who never plays seriously in division with some no-life who generally plays in division?

Compare apples with apples, even a potato like you should know better.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[BBMM]
Players
4,511 posts
5,238 battles

Captain Schettino failed to provide worthwhile motivations, so has just been added to the 'ignore' list, when he can provide a blood sample showing he's sober he can come out.

And then talking about apples and potatoes, I guess he is talking about cider and vodka. Bye bye mr Schettino. 

Now let's discuss with worthwhile observations, unmarred by people trying to stat-shame others while playing drunk themselves or entertaining girlfriends.

I'm quite familiar with 'underperforming guns'. I had great trouble with King George the Fifth, but at least they gave that insane HE fire chance.

I think this PEF is sort of the same, but even without the HE. Why would anyone buy it - I think they didn't watch the reviews. Buyer beware!

That said, i already met a few in T6 ranked... they were sailing broadside to my Arizona... Oh my. 

I wonder WHY people pay actual money for this. 

23 hours ago, Armorin said:

I like the PEF. It's magnetic hull seems to attract a few IJN torpedo's. :Smile_hiding:

It also seems to be frequently broadside to my Arizona in ranked T6... at 6 km.

Can't one-shot it though. Found out it is pretty quick so couldn't avoid the ram either. 

Maybe that's the PEF strong point? 

2dqTNoQ.gif

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
341 battles
21 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

It also seems to be frequently broadside to my Arizona in ranked T6... at 6 km.

Can't one-shot it though. Found out it is pretty quick so couldn't avoid the ram either. 

Maybe that's the PEF strong point? 

2dqTNoQ.gif

It comes to mind that so far it's the only thing the ship was good at -- avoiding that Oktyabrskaya Revolutsja steaming ahead towards me in an attempt to ram.

[BBMM]
Players
4,511 posts
5,238 battles
20 minutes ago, Babbelicious said:

It comes to mind that so far it's the only thing the ship was good at -- avoiding that Oktyabrskaya Revolutsja steaming ahead towards me in an attempt to ram.

At least it is significantly better at ramming/avoiding the ram than an Arizona. 

maybe we have found the significant strong point of PEF here... :Smile_teethhappy:

BTW as far as I have seen there's no time limit to grinding it, so why buy it?

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles
7 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

At least it is significantly better at ramming/avoiding the ram than an Arizona. 

maybe we have found the significant strong point of PEF here... :Smile_teethhappy:

BTW as far as I have seen there's no time limit to grinding it, so why buy it?

I bought it because never in my mind could I imagine that WG would release a ship so useless that the only thing it's good at is avoiding rams.

WG is known for it's power creep these days so most new ships are not a bad buy, this one however is cannon fodder. Good AA and speed isn't worth anything if you cant kill crap.