Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

CV's in New Ranked Sprint battles doesn't bode well

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
69 posts
8,508 battles

Suddenly including Carriers in Ranked Sprint Battles flys in the face of everything that Wargaming has previously acknowleged.

 

The company has admitted that there are 'serious balance issues'  with carriers and that's why the new mechanics are being implemented in the forthcoming patch due in January..

 

Up until today Carriers have been omitted from Ranked for this very reason ...... I ask why now ?  Couldn't they wait another few weeks ?

 

In my opinion this shows how little Wargaming listen to the player base and run roughshod even over their own words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,879 posts
5,016 battles

CVs always were in Ranked. Last Ranked Sprint Bogue was the CV of choice. I'd guess this time it's Ryuujou, given strafing is a thing now. But yeah, dunno why you thought CVs weren't in Ranked before, given AP bomber Midway and GZ deleting ships (especially AA cruisers) in one go was always a thing that people were rather miffed about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DSW]
Players
3,785 posts
7,726 battles
21 minutes ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

Up until today Carriers have been omitted from Ranked for this very reason ......

 

no they have not, not once. Get a clue please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,068 posts
5,838 battles

As others have said, this isn't a new thing; the nasty change (compared to the last two rounds of Sprint, but not 'proper' ranked) is that we now face things with manual attacks.

 

This does raise the question of decent T6 AA picks - what do people suggest?

 

I did wonder if the marketing emphasis on the Prinz EF having decent AA was with an eye to this aspect of Sprint...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
570 posts
9,475 battles

Not seen any CV's yet, just plenty of salt which seems to have eroded WG's chat server. The good CV's with manual attacks at 5v5 will soon rank out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,404 posts
13,815 battles
15 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

This does raise the question of decent T6 AA picks - what do people suggest?

 

For BBs, these are pulled from the LWM PEF review.

Spoiler

 

As for cruisers, I don't think anything but Dallas has decent AA? Haven't played any T6 cruisers in quite some time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,674 posts
9,118 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

As for cruisers, I don't think anything but Dallas has decent AA? Haven't played any T6 cruisers in quite some time.

Pepsi probably?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,404 posts
13,815 battles
1 hour ago, Saiyko said:

Pepsi probably?

 

Oh, right. I forgot she's T6 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
918 posts
7,182 battles
3 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I did wonder if the marketing emphasis on the Prinz EF having decent AA was with an eye to this aspect of Sprint...?

They have to find something good about it. It's ludicrous that a 1914 BC design should have anything like the AA values of that boat, given that the French didn't think AA was necessary when designing Dunkerque- the best part of 20 years later, when planes were an actual thing rather than old rags held together with string. That's the fun of paper ships, I suppose.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
88 posts
7,097 battles

If you have it, Dunkerque is VERY strong if you go for pure AA build and skipper. Most of the AA is high caliber, so throwing in everything including Manual AA you get a 7.5 km bubble with whopping 213 DPS to the designated target. The red carrier will not expect it. Also, I don't think it's a terrible trade-off what comes to sinking ships.

 

I usually wouldn't run such a build unless in division with a carrier. However, guaranteed to be only facing T6 carriers and considering that I've seen plenty of Ryujos today, it seems like a feasible choice even solo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
918 posts
7,182 battles
2 minutes ago, asalonen said:

If you have it, Dunkerque is VERY strong if you go for pure AA build and skipper. Most of the AA is high caliber, so throwing in everything including Manual AA you get a 7.5 km bubble with whopping 213 DPS to the designated target. The red carrier will not expect it. Also, I don't think it's a terrible trade-off what comes to sinking ships.

 I might give that a punt. Is that BFT/Manual AA with Catapult Fighter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
88 posts
7,097 battles
5 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

 I might give that a punt. Is that BFT/Manual AA with Catapult Fighter?

BFT, AFT and Manual AA for the skipper. AA Guns Modification 2 in the third slot for 20 % more range. The signal for more DPS. You also have a fighter available, but I didn't count it in the DPS (not sure how to do it anyhow).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,680 battles

First: since when where AC (aircraft *horrible disease*) where banned from ranked? Second: I don't understand why after 7.5k+ matches you still don't understand that a CV match is decided in the loading screen in 99% of the cases. With a, in my best estimate +/- 0,5% WR difference of the CV the match is fixed. The "worst CV side" will lose. Whether both CV's are horrible or master super unicums. They just decide the outcome. It's that simple. The rest of the 20 - 22 of the players are just there for decoration.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DIKI]
Players
986 posts
295 battles
8 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

Suddenly including Carriers in Ranked Sprint Battles flys in the face of everything that Wargaming has previously acknowleged.

 

The company has admitted that there are 'serious balance issues'  with carriers and that's why the new mechanics are being implemented in the forthcoming patch due in January..

 

Up until today Carriers have been omitted from Ranked for this very reason ...... I ask why now ?  Couldn't they wait another few weeks ?

 

In my opinion this shows how little Wargaming listen to the player base and run roughshod even over their own words.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When CVs where "forbiden" in ranked? 

Damn you embarrassed yourself now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[5D]
Players
475 posts
20,593 battles
7 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

First: since when where AC (aircraft *horrible disease*) where banned from ranked? Second: I don't understand why after 7.5k+ matches you still don't understand that a CV match is decided in the loading screen in 99% of the cases. With a, in my best estimate +/- 0,5% WR difference of the CV the match is fixed. The "worst CV side" will lose. Whether both CV's are horrible or master super unicums. They just decide the outcome. It's that simple. The rest of the 20 - 22 of the players are just there for decoration.

Yes the better CV always wins and there is nothing the enemy team can do about it.... This is sarcasm if you couldn't tell...  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
16 posts
9,191 battles
18 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

reeeeeeeeeee a carrier reeeeeeee

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’m going to play carrier in ranked all afternoon and there’s nothing you can do about it.

 

Also I whish people would freak out about the overpopulation of battleshi -...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DSW]
Players
3,785 posts
7,726 battles
18 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

 

As for cruisers, I don't think anything but Dallas has decent AA? Haven't played any T6 cruisers in quite some time.

dont forget the obligatory exploding Nukeberg Nürnberg, although you do have to give up Stronk German Hydro as well as two sets of Torps to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TXG-]
Players
2,367 posts
20 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

 

Up until today Carriers have been omitted from Ranked for this very reason ...... I ask why now ?  Couldn't they wait another few weeks ?

 

 

As per usual, talking crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,149 posts
9,034 battles

Played Ranked Sprint all day today, 13 games so far. Haven't seen a single carrier the whole day. 

 

Does anybody have a link to the WoWsnumbers statistics for the current Sprint season? Why don't they put that on the site somewhere?

 

Re Cruisers, I am seeing multiple cruisers on every game so far. Had two or three games without any DDs at all. I am trying to get a win in all my Tier VI ships. Got one on the first attempt in most games so far. Huang He took two, Budyonny took four, one of which was actively sabotaged by a DD on my team who even had the word "Troll" in his nick.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×