Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Reaper_JackGBR

Petition to have 'Steel Monsters' as a standalone, non-bundled option

Should 'Steel Monsters' Campaign be sold as a standalone option?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should 'Steel Monsters' Campaign be sold as a standalone option?

• Yes, it should.
    • No, it should not.

12 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
961 posts
7,749 battles

50 Euros for this is far too much. Especially when you take into consideration the actual value of the Steel in the campaign, which let's face it, is all anyone cares about, the doubloons, premium time, santa crates and flags which can all normally be purchased separately are just thrown in so Wargaming can over charge people for the campaign. This is made especially worse when you consider that the Steel itself is not of great value. The Flint, 8700 steel's worth, is a tier 7 premium cruiser, something that normally goes for for 25-30 euros, if 25-30 euros is 8700 steel's worth then, that must mean that 4019 steel is worth just under half that (or about 12 euros) therefore the campaign should be on sale as a standalone item for 12 euros, maybe 15 if they want to still milk it for any significance. 

This is my two cents on the matter, and I've made the poll for those that agree or disagree (though why you would disagree is beyond me). As frankly, charging 50 euros for this is exponentially too much; and need I remind Wargaming of what happened the last time they made Christmas events inaccessible. Learn from that ghost of Christmas Past Wargaming, and stop with this miserly, Scrooge like behaviour already. Nobody who doesn't have thousands of euros to burn is going to want to spend so much on so little over Christmas. 

-EDIT- Some confusion, what I mean is to get the steel value for the 15 euros, Adding in all the extra crap into the campaign just to inflate the price is a bad business move. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
8,054 battles

You can buy it standalone (with 2k doubloons)...

It gives you steel, santa boxes, premium time and the ultra rare camos, which all together costs 50 euros.

How else do you suggest?

4000 steel for 15 euros for everyone or what?

Players
240 posts
5,638 battles
12 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

santa crates and flags which can all normally be purchased separately are just thrown in

just got a z39 +10 point commander in one of those crates.

[SCRUB]
Players
961 posts
7,749 battles
14 minutes ago, kfa said:

How else do you suggest?

4000 steel for 15 euros for everyone or what?

That is exactly what I'm suggesting, the option should be there. If that was an option, I would buy, as it's not, I'm not going to buy. 

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,535 battles

On one hand, the campaign is artifically bloated by containing premium time, santa crates, etc. rather than just steel rewards. Having a barebones campaign that simply rewards steel and nothing else should be considerably cheaper.

On the other hand, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of steel for purchase anyway since it sets the precedence that could very well open the proverbial floodgates down the road and lead to the devaluation of steel as an earned reward in favour of just whaling with one's wallet and a possible ressource saturation much like the current free XP situation (previous tier IX freemium ships for 750.000 free XP, now the tier IX Alaska confirmed for 1.000.000).

Even when it sounds elitist I'd rather prefer if WG kept steel to competitive or less frequent event rewards (current snowflake event is a nice thing that rewards veterans but also gives newer players a small starting bank) than starting to monetize it. Especially under the obvious pretense of making powerful steel premiums the eventual reward for purchasing such steel campaigns.

[SCRUB]
Players
961 posts
7,749 battles
4 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

On one hand, the campaign is artifically bloated by containing premium time, santa crates, etc. rather than just steel rewards. Having a barebones campaign that simply rewards steel and nothing else should be considerably cheaper.

On the other hand, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of steel for purchase anyway since it sets the precedence that could very well open the proverbial floodgates down the road and lead to the devaluation of steel as an earned reward in favour of just whaling with one's wallet and a possible ressource saturation much like the current free XP situation (previous tier IX freemium ships for 750.000 free XP, now the tier IX Alaska confirmed for 1.000.000).

Even when it sounds elitist I'd rather prefer if WG kept steel to competitive or less frequent event rewards (current snowflake event is a nice thing that rewards veterans but also gives newer players a small starting bank) than starting to monetize it. Especially under the obvious pretense of making powerful steel premiums the eventual reward for purchasing such steel campaigns.

I'd prefer that as well, but seeing as they are going to sell steel. There's no reason not to have a bundled and unbundled option. 

[PC]
Players
121 posts

Buyers choice. Do you think it is worth it? If not, then don't buy it. Simple. Stop being fixated with steel and OP tier 10's that will kill the game if too many drop into the queue. You are in a good clan, so you can earn the steel for free though playing clan battles (plus the snowflakes).

[SM0KE]
Players
2,069 posts
5,839 battles
6 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

How?

Follow the link that @hgbn_dk posted, and be logged into the shop - you should see a bundle containing the mission, plus the doubloons.

Most of the steel-related stuff requires you to be logged in to see it...

Sign in to follow this