Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

Operation Aegis

45 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
3,580 posts
5,919 battles

Just trying to get some feedback, if i were just super unlucky, or did WG secretly change the Operation (as i suspect they did with others before aswell)

Basicly every HE shell which hits you starts a fire. I was playing Fuso with FP and DCSM1 (and DCSM 2 + Fire flag, but thats duration only ofc) and basicly it went like this:

- First shell hit bow -> Fire

- 2nd Shell hit superstructure -> Fire

Nothing more as i let them burn

- Immediately when superstructure fire went out -> next fire (happened several times)

You cant really show that with hits / fires because they shot me more often while i was burning, so they cant cause more fires, but here the summary

- Myoko 1 hit = 1 fire

- Kuma 17 hits = 2 fires

- Furutaka 6 Hits = 1 fire

- 2nd Kuma 9 Hits = 1 fire

- Aoba 8 hits = 1 fire

- 2nd Aoba 17 hits = 1 fire

- 2nd Myoko 6 hits = 2 fires

as i said, you have to take into account that i was constantly burning anyway, so most of the hits couldnt start more fires. Without anti-fire build i would have died twice over i think.

Also i could hardly get any citadels on the Cruisers, but that could have been simply bad luck with BB dispersion - but usually it was never THAT bad... i think i had 2 Citadels on Cruisers this time. (everything else pretty much overpenetrated)

But the fire chance must have been tweaked for the bots, its just not normal imo. But maybe some others have different or similiar experience, so we can guess if they changed something or not :fish_book:

[PMI]
Players
2,391 posts
5,599 battles

You do know they measure stuff with a 15lb hammer and a 3ft rebar ruler right?

Let me guess with you and say that they probably tried tweaking things a little, because they cant have players finishing operations on easy mode, suffering is part of the WG way. And since they CBA to introduce those "hard" missions, all they can do is tweak values and hope no one notices.

And now to avoid a trip to gulag: disregard all the text above, its all in your imagination, they would never do that.

• Funny 4

[BABBY]
Players
272 posts
6,406 battles

If this is really the case...:Smile_facepalm: I really wish they didn't touch ai ship stats. If I fight a Kuma id like to know what to expect-a tier 4 light cruiser and not some overbuffed monstrosity like the infamous Narai Phoenix or UF bots...

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
14,739 posts
10,882 battles

The ships behave as they are supposed to. They do not have different stats in operations.

Sometimes bad RNG is just bad RNG. An experienced player should recognize that.

• Funny 3

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

Those IJ N ships always seem like huge fire starters to me, probably due to the 203mm shells they all throw. However, I know that also used to run the fire signals too after the AI captain skill's were added to scenarios, although I don't know if thats still the case.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,040 posts
16,282 battles

Played Aegis now in Bayern without fire prevention. 64 HE enemy hits - 1 fire. It's an RNG.

image.png.c72e4838ea8e24f780039ee448b32aab.png

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The ships behave as they are supposed to. They do not have different stats in operations.

This is an absolute 'strawman' derogative opinion & total BS. 

In no way are DFens_666 or Black Yeti inexperienced players.

Probably you haven't even experienced the "Narai Phoenix" yourself.

I'm pretty sure it was a Des Moines with a different skin.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,580 posts
5,919 battles
3 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Played Aegis now in Bayern without fire prevention. 64 HE enemy hits - 1 fire. It's an RNG.

image.png.c72e4838ea8e24f780039ee448b32aab.png

Interesting :cap_hmm:

didnt expect that, as it literally happened as i described it. Once they could start a fire, they did it. (except the DD hits afaik, they didnt cause a fire)

Can you check what shot you? (Cruiser or DD)

[BABBY]
Players
272 posts
6,406 battles
21 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Well, i dont play CV to check, but there were plenty of players complaining about the NY in UF having NC levels of AA. The Omahas there also seem to have buffed fire chance. So it's not like @DFens_666 is some conspiracy theorist, based on previous experiences with operations "balancing" such concerns are not out of place.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,739 posts
10,882 battles
Just now, BLUB__BLUB said:

This is an absolute 'strawman' derogative opinion & total BS. 

In no way are DFens_666 or Black Yeti inexperienced players.

Probably you haven't even experienced the "Narai Phoenix" yourself.

I'm pretty sure it was a Des Moines with a different skin.

I play all operations.

WG has no need to change ships. Want to make it harder? Just add more or higher Tier enemy ships.

The problem is that people "feel" stuff that is not there.

Odo's post clearly shows the meaning of RNG.

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

I play all operations.

WG has no need to change ships. Want to make it harder? Just add more or higher Tier enemy ships.

The problem is that people "feel" stuff that is not there.

Odo's post clearly shows the meaning of RNG.

We played narai lots of times, the change of the Narai Phoenix was evident, and seen/experienced by a lot of us.

The problem is NOT that they'd add more or higher tier ships. The problem is they mess around with their stats. 

It is clear that you haven't experienced it so far. But calling out 'experience' is total BS. I think he played operations a lot more than you did.

• Cool 2

[BUSHI]
Players
3,040 posts
16,282 battles
27 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Can you check what shot you? (Cruiser or DD)

image.png.4de92577d22ce1206864121b8b2cc54a.png

In the next game those 3 Furu started 1 fire each, so it was 1 fire on 5 shots - 20%/0.7 fire resistance = 28% fire chance per shot.

image.png.91f0ced9b8aa16aa1a70bb44325f5169.png

image.png.8f7f5d9b1eb5ff3e19584ad2ae9ee78d.png

image.png.95ed847c1fd10ee20cd44f1359c71e26.png

image.png.e224f44c6b90457660881e09c683a3fa.png

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,154 posts
16,431 battles

Japanese cruisers usually have high fire chance. Also their captains were probably spec with DE and proper flags to increase fire chance. And finally fire resistance at T6 is not a great. 

[BABBY]
Players
272 posts
6,406 battles
16 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

image.png.4de92577d22ce1206864121b8b2cc54a.png

In the next game those 3 Furu started 1 fire each, so it was 1 fire on 5 shots - 20%/0.7 fire resistance = 28% fire chance per shot.

image.png.91f0ced9b8aa16aa1a70bb44325f5169.png

image.png.8f7f5d9b1eb5ff3e19584ad2ae9ee78d.png

image.png.95ed847c1fd10ee20cd44f1359c71e26.png

image.png.e224f44c6b90457660881e09c683a3fa.png

Take into account that if you are already on fire additional hits on same part wont start new fires so it's difficult to draw conclusions from post-battle screen only.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,040 posts
16,282 battles
1 minute ago, BlackYeti said:

Take into account that if you are already on fire additional hits on same part wont start new fires so it's difficult to draw conclusions from post-battle screen only.

I know. But in both games i had not FP, so it's rather easy to start more then 1 fire at once.

Players
240 posts
5,638 battles
51 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

the change of the Narai Phoenix was evident, and seen/experienced by a lot of us.

QFT

grdamned zombie phoenix with ifhe

• Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
14,739 posts
10,882 battles
49 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

We played narai lots of times, the change of the Narai Phoenix was evident, and seen/experienced by a lot of us.

The problem is NOT that they'd add more or higher tier ships. The problem is they mess around with their stats. 

It is clear that you haven't experienced it so far. But calling out 'experience' is total BS. I think he played operations a lot more than you did.

And that is your imagination.

Bad RNG --> "Oh, WG messed up the ships again".

Getting bad RNG in Aegis and sinking quickly to enemy fire could happen over a year ago. That is not new. Sometimes it happens.

It is usually the result of having bad RNG and teammates not being able to hit the broadside of a barn, which can result in a lot of enemy ships shooting at you.

Players
3,356 posts
5,833 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Getting bad RNG in Aegis and sinking quickly to enemy fire could happen over a year ago. That is not new. Sometimes it happens.

It is usually the result of having bad RNG and teammates not being able to hit the broadside of a barn, which can result in a lot of enemy ships shooting at you.

It is now clear, that you havent played said Operation.

Next you are going to tell me, the bot CVs in Aegis, this weeks operation, arent always focusing the target, that has just used DCP and thats all my imagination aswell, right?

Players
2,371 posts
6,683 battles
38 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Hi.

I think you know that I appreciate your posts a LOT. The people who, in my opinion, surpass the generic quality of your posts can be counted using the fingers of a single hand.

I even agree with you that it's plausible (but not necessarily a certainty) it was bad RNG and not a change in Aegis on its own. Though it may be a display of the recently buffed IJN cruisers and some BBs.

And I certainly agree with everything you mention regarding people feeling things that are not there. This is scaringly common actually.

But UF was indeed stealthnerfed and the feelings we had due to this did turn out to be correct.

Some people's feelings are more accurate a sensing of rational change compared to most others's feelings, which for the largest part appear to be nothing more than an expression of an inner dissatisfaction with whatever.

Now with that out of the way. I haven't played the current iteration of Aegis myself, but my guess would be that its only (significant) change was the serverwide buffs to IJN ships, of which these bots have ample units in this particular ops.

• Cool 3

[AS13]
Players
1,874 posts
2,034 battles
10 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I'll mark you in my book as a proliferator of Bubkussology. Being good in stats and having lots of games apparently doesn't make you immune to that.

Can't you at least come up with something better than 'your imagination'? 

7 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

It is now clear, that you havent played said Operation.

Next you are going to tell me, the bot CVs in Aegis, this weeks operation, arent always focusing the target, that has just used DCP and thats all my imagination aswell, right?

I know how much you guys play it - and I know it for a FACT (partly because I was there too). :Smile_teethhappy:

So I think that if you say they 'doctored' it, probably that's what they did.

Also, I have experienced the Narai Phoenix, I think it is basically a Des Moines in Phoenix disguise. 

It shot like an idiot, and it was sort of undead (a full salvo did 1/8 damage or so).

We had trouble putting it down with two T7 BBs (Gneisenau and Hood) and it almost killed us both.

That was one damn good Phoenix. Before (and I played it lots of times too) I used to be able to kill King, and get rid of the cruiser + DD all alone.

• Cool 1

Players
3,356 posts
5,833 battles
57 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I haven't played the current iteration of Aegis myself, but my guess would be that its only (significant) change was the serverwide buffs to IJN ships, of which these bots have ample units in this particular ops.

Might be. They had a high fire quota before, now they hit even better --> more fires. Havent played Aegis with a BB yet, will do these days, then I can draw a conclusion myself. But with my fire RNG in the last days... (managed to burn 24 times in 3 consecutive clanbattles - I was about to eat my keyboard)

58 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Also, I have experienced the Narai Phoenix, I think it is basically a Des Moines in Phoenix disguise. 

It shot like an idiot, and it was sort of undead (a full salvo did 1/8 damage or so).

We had trouble putting it down with two T7 BBs (Gneisenau and Hood) and it almost killed us both.

That was one damn good Phoenix. Before (and I played it lots of times too) I used to be able to kill King, and get rid of the cruiser + DD all alone.

Indeed. That Phoenix gives me the cold sweat. I mean, we are talking about a weak T4 cruiser facing T7 BBs... That shouldnt be a problem at all!

[CATS]
Players
14,739 posts
10,882 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Never happened to me and now there are no CV there.

Probably the same as with the Missouri dispersion and income change, the bots with 100% hitrate and the bots evading torps every time, the moment they are launched....

1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I'll mark you in my book as a proliferator of Bubkussology. Being good in stats and having lots of games apparently doesn't make you immune to that.

Can't you at least come up with something better than 'your imagination'?

Hard to do as long as you bring only your imagination to the table....

Players
3,356 posts
5,833 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

now there are no CV there.

Too bad, you dodged my litte trap, I set for you. :Smile_trollface:

2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Hard to do as long as you bring only your imagination to the table....

There are hard numbers in the OP. Those are not imagination.

[CATS]
Players
14,739 posts
10,882 battles

And there were other hard numbers in the thread which showed the opposite....

And these are my tests from today:

Bayern

shot-18_12.20_18_49.41-0065.thumb.jpg.1cdfa5bfc326400e5e097ea217a5ed7a.jpgshot-18_12.20_18_50.14-0509.thumb.jpg.2c5c092f57ec8973c8519e37465c3b24.jpg

Arizona

shot-18_12.20_18_52.46-0280.thumb.jpg.4d572ac7abab4edaf339c596a6523791.jpgshot-18_12.20_18_53.00-0329.thumb.jpg.52b28f009a81fb9f2136faa4c3824291.jpg

Sign in to follow this