Reminder: Free Upgrade Demount ends 20/02 05:00 UTC! Read more... ×
Clan Battles - No Asian Prime Time Today (19 February) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

The bundles are here! "THE MIGHT OF STEEL" COMBAT MISSION question.

76 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
21,718 posts
13,052 battles
1 hour ago, AnEvilJoke said:

I wonder how the literally hundreds of World of Warcraft Server stayed up and running 24/7 before Blizzard caved in and started to implement micro transactions... :cap_hmm:

It's not about "to pay them" it's about "for what to pay them".

• Purchase price of the game
  • monthly subscription

[BRVHT]
Players
261 posts
5,145 battles
4 hours ago, ReapingKnight said:

I checked and there is stand alone options, so really it's a little sneaky trying to make them look bad.

I dont, the best I see is a bundle with mission and 2019 doubloons

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
4 hours ago, Juanx said:

I wonder how legal it is to advertise something as "30% discount" when it was never full price to begin with...

The ship itself is expensive too considering its T6.

In the United Kingdom it is most definitely against trading laws a discount can only be advertised after the item has been on sale at a "full price" for a certain number of days, otherwise the vendor gets fined, heavily.

• Cool 5

[BRVHT]
Players
261 posts
5,145 battles
5 hours ago, Juanx said:

I wonder how legal it is to advertise something as "30% discount" when it was never full price to begin with...

The ship itself is expensive too considering its T6.

In UK its illegal as something has to have been sold at normal price for at least 7 days before the sale price, however trading standards would struggle to do anything about these 

[SM0KE]
Players
3,885 posts
10,671 battles
1 minute ago, BeauNidl3 said:

In the United Kingdom it is most definitely against trading laws a discount can only be advertised after the item has been on sale at a "full price" for a certain number of days, otherwise the vendor gets fined, heavily.

This. It's 28 days (or was a few years ago).

There are ways around it, if you have customers that don't read carefully; for example, using MSRP/Now type messaging is okay (Was/Now comes under the 28 day rule). If you're a big multiple (physical) retailer, you can also display an artificially high price in some of your locations for the 28 days before a heroic discount, and then use Was/Now in all your locations.

It's possible that Trading Standards may have tightened up on this in the last few years though.

So, always look carefully at what people are trying to sell you, especially when the discounts are hugest...

[BRVHT]
Players
261 posts
5,145 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

This. It's 28 days (or was a few years ago).

There are ways around it, if you have customers that don't read carefully; for example, using MSRP/Now type messaging is okay (Was/Now comes under the 28 day rule). If you're a big multiple (physical) retailer, you can also display an artificially high price in some of your locations for the 28 days before a heroic discount, and then use Was/Now in all your locations.

It's possible that Trading Standards may have tightened up on this in the last few years though.

So, always look carefully at what people are trying to sell you, especially when the discounts are hugest...

the 28 day rule was removed in December 2016

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,885 posts
10,671 battles
1 minute ago, broja_jacra said:

the 28 day rule was removed in December 2016

Really? That's interesting; that'll have made a lot of retailers happy, although probably not for terribly customer-friendly reasons.

Thanks for the update!

[BRVHT]
Players
261 posts
5,145 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

Really? That's interesting; that'll have made a lot of retailers happy, although probably not for terribly customer-friendly reasons.

Thanks for the update!

http://marketinglaw.osborneclarke.com/advertising-regulation/no-more-28-day-rule-pricing-and-promotions-under-the-spotlight/
28 days are still taken into account but the rules are less authoritarian and more designed to take on case by case Basis

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
653 posts
7,058 battles
46 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

50 euros for 4000 steel? i am sorry but i am not a millionaire and even if i would have been what is 4000 steel? you cant get flint and black at a discount,maybe if it was 8000 maybe then we would have talked and if the time was not limited like i payed for a campaign so i will have all the time in the world to completed but no it has to be limited.

now the good part is that not everyone will be able to get a super strong steel ship))) 

Shortviewed opinion.

4000steel is just 1 item. there are more for grab even for free - you just need to play the game.

Question is: what is your objective with STEEL? do you really need it? for what ship?

The monetary value of steel is not up for debate - WG sets the price it offers, especially as up till this point there was no monetary value and offer for it AT ALL! it was an exclusive item for competitive play! a VIP reward!

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
40 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • Purchase price of the game
  • monthly subscription

That question was rethoric...

But for the heck of it, lets do the math.

I played from 2005 till end 2011, bought everything on release so...

World of Warcraft 60€

Addon Burning Crusade: 30€

Addon Wrath of the Lich King: 30€

Addon Cataclysm 30€

In these almost 6 years I spend around 852€ on monthly subscribtion (free game time by Blizzard and times I didn't play, and didn't pay, are already divided from that number)

All in all I payed in almost 6 years a little bit more than 1000€ on World of Warcraft and I could do everything and (spoiler: thats the point) get everything without paying extra.

There are people dwelling in this very forum who spend more that these 1000 bucks on this years Halloween Gamble Crates alone.

Edited by AnEvilJoke

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles
5 hours ago, Blixies said:

I hate the fact I HAVE TO BUY 9mil credits to have a shot at all the steel, what is this?

I completely agree. I fail to see why they insist on bundling credits, a currency that every premium player have in great abundance, with every big bundle?!

We are effectively paying for something that we absolutely DO NOT WANT.

If anything, bundle more doubloons so that we may convert it into credits if we ever need to do that.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles
1 hour ago, bloodynicknames said:

somehow I get the feeling they are really trying to push the limit on how far they can go with the microtransations and considering how many ppl readily seem to be willing to pay 100€+ for these bundles i think the ceiling isnt reached...

man ... i miss the pre-horse armor days ... not micro BS [edited], you payed full price for a game and then you got the game, all of it, not just chunks 

You mean like in this game where you got the game for free, with no demands of any transactions at all?

They've given us plenty of chances to get free premium ships too so if you farm credits with those you don't have to buy anything ever.

I'd say Wargaming are far more generous than many other F2P game models.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
21,718 posts
13,052 battles
33 minutes ago, AnEvilJoke said:

All in all I payed in almost 6 years a little bit more than 1000€ on World of Warcraft and I could do everything and (spoiler: thats the point) get everything without paying extra.

There are people dwelling in this very forum who spend more that these 1000 bucks on this years Halloween Gamble Crates alone.

Only a part of WoWs players pay.

Nearly ALL WoW player paid back then! And we are talking about more than 10 million players back then!

[SM0KE]
Players
3,885 posts
10,671 battles

I missed something: there is an option for just the ship, and no extraneous :etc_swear: - I'm seeing 22.31 UKP for that.

That would perhaps make the most bumpf-free option to get that, plus the mission (+2019 doubloons) at 42.77, for a grand total of 65.08 (assuming you are embracing your inner whale and getting both the mission and the ship)?

That said, one might as well just say 'knickers' and get the 70.15 package (the extra doubloons alone make up the difference in price)...

Spoiler

Image result for humpback whale breaching

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
53 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Only a part of WoWs players pay.

Nearly ALL WoW player paid back then! And we are talking about more than 10 million players back then!

And literally hundrets of servers, 24/7 live support inGame and on the phone, every 20-24 months an expansion (which would convert to 1-2 new full nations with  3-4 full lines and/or dozens of NEW maps), every 3-4 months major content patches (e.g. 1 new line of something) ect. ect. You know, you lose this...do you?

While I'am aware that gaming and especially gamers changed... Not everytime change is something "good".

What do you think why they push so god damn hard for consoles? More millenials play on console and have even more money they don't actually deserve to spend on bullsh*t like this.

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
228 posts
7,831 battles
2 hours ago, ZoidFile said:

Wow we reached Ubisoft levels of Bullsh*ttery when you actually need a flowchart to know what are you buying.

I say nope and gladly buy The Return of the Obra Dinn, plus a couple of other games for the less than 50 bucks.

Obra Dinn looks good; had an eye on it for a while myself, thanks for reminding me.  Also agreed with the requirement of a flowchart to work it out..

Just done a last shopping run before Christmas;  

800g cheese (various)

6 bottles of red wine

36 cans of cider

= £70

Or I can take all of the above back to the store and go buy me a WG mystery bundle where the campaign missions are hidden :cap_book:

Get yourself 300 plane kills and a Solo Warrior to win!  

I made the right choice..  

• Cool 1

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
4 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

The best summary I've found so far

edition-comparison.jpg

See, WG: It could've been THIS friggin EASY

Fixed that for you... Oh wait...

• Funny 2

Players
463 posts
8,432 battles

I don't play Clan Battles but still want a Stalingrad eventually. And I like doing campaigns. So while I think WG are filthy moneygrabbers and would like to call for a boycott or protest I am instead going to pull out my wallet and pay € 106,- for a ship I am not going to play anymore two months from now (At least I get some value back in the form of doubloons as well). And they say there is such a thing as free will?

I disagree.

• Cool 2

Players
430 posts
4,269 battles

I'm all for financially supporting WG by purchasing stuff from the Premium shop. I have done so many times in the past and expect to be doing it many times in the future. And I encourage anyone who enjoys this game to do the same.

BUT, I expect to get decent value for my money. These offers don't look like it...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles
2 minutes ago, mrk421 said:

I'm all for financially supporting WG by purchasing stuff from the Premium shop. I have done so many times in the past and expect to be doing it many times in the future. And I encourage anyone who enjoys this game to do the same.

BUT, I expect to get decent value for my money. These offers don't look like it...

Well if you want decent value for your money then don't buy this crap.

The ship itself is practically for free since everyone can get it, unfortunately the ship is absolute crap.

Bad AP penetration, low HE fire chance, bad accuracy, slow turret traverse, slow shell velocity and on top of that, 28 second reload for a 350mm gun.

It's ok if the guns have some kind of drawback but every drawback is a bit much.

Unless you have a massive hardon for steel then I'd avoid this crap at all costs.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
430 posts
4,269 battles
3 minutes ago, Tivook said:

Well if you want decent value for your money then don't buy this crap.

The ship itself is practically for free since everyone can get it, unfortunately the ship is absolute crap.

Bad AP penetration, low HE fire chance, bad accuracy, slow turret traverse, slow shell velocity and on top of that, 28 second reload for a 350mm gun.

It's ok if the guns have some kind of drawback but every drawback is a bit much.

Unless you have a massive hardon for steel then I'd avoid this crap at all costs.

Man, that was brutal! :Smile_ohmy:

Beta Tester
140 posts
4,342 battles
3 minutes ago, mrk421 said:

Man, that was brutal! :Smile_ohmy:

Well that's the truth. If you want to support WG but still get value for your money, buy doubloons and free xp your way to North Carolina or buy asashio if you want to drop some lel torps or whatever.

Prinz Eitel Friedrich is fast and manouvers well but this isn't yacht racing, this is war.

Players
430 posts
4,269 battles
1 minute ago, Tivook said:

Well that's the truth. If you want to support WG but still get value for your money, buy doubloons and free xp your way to North Carolina or buy asashio if you want to drop some lel torps or whatever.

Prinz Eitel Friedrich is fast and manouvers well but this isn't yacht racing, this is war.

Thx,

what I meant was, it was a brutal assessment of the ship and the bundles. Personally, I didn't consider for a second to spend money on these particular "offers".

But I hope these opinions will help someone who hasn't fully decided yet, whether to buy any of these bundles or not, to make up their mind.