You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

The bundles are here! "THE MIGHT OF STEEL" COMBAT MISSION question.

76 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles

Is this a unique mission available ONLY for the huge package?
https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/11819/

If so, the extra 2019 steel is locked beyond The Great Wall of payment, pretty low blow.

EDIT: kindly taken from @Allied_Winter:
cxrma4g.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[PMI]
Players
2,337 posts
5,501 battles

I wonder how legal it is to advertise something as "30% discount" when it was never full price to begin with...

The ship itself is expensive too considering its T6.

• Cool 14

[NWP]
Players
3,532 posts
5,866 battles
1 minute ago, Juanx said:

I wonder how legal it is to advertise something as "30% discount" when it was never full price to begin with...

In finland they actually did prove that some stores deliberately increased the prices for the BlackFriday sales.

Some items were more expensive WITH discount than they would have been the day before normaly.

Ive also heard similiar stuff happening in germany, that some stores have a discount on some items pretty much all the time, which kinda means its the normal price and not a dicount.

Capitalism at its finest i guess?

• Cool 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles

I hate the fact I HAVE TO BUY 9mil credits to have a shot at all the steel, what is this?

• Cool 3

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/11820/

I can clearly see mission standalone.

I'm talking about the:
image.png.c21b37ca80ed48a20c727f1b81436374.png

The bundle arrives with a chain of combat missions called "The Might of Steel". Reward: 2,019 Steel. Available until February 28, 2019, and only once per account.

AFAIK, there is no other way to get this mission than the HUGE bundle.
Do not confuse this with the:

• "STEEL MONSTERS" CAMPAIGN;
  • "Nerves of Steel". Reward: 2,019 Steel.

Players
79 posts
2,949 battles
3 minutes ago, ReapingKnight said:

I checked and there is stand alone options, so really it's a little sneaky trying to make them look bad.

Except it's not. You confuse "Steel Monsters Campaign" with "The Might Of Steel Combat Missions"

Edit: Blixies was faster

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles
2 minutes ago, ReapingKnight said:

I checked and there is stand alone options, so really it's a little sneaky trying to make them look bad.

No, there isn't. You're confusing it with the STEEL MONSTERS.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles
1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

Look here @Blixies

There are TWO mission chains that reward 2019 steel. One is for free. One is included in the most expensive package as an "upsell"

Yes, that's what I stated. I was just hoping I'm wrong. :(

[YJKG]
Players
297 posts
16,641 battles

Effectively playing 40 bucks for the 'right' to do some missions (with likely inflated requirements to take as much time as possible) feels scummy. XD I had hoped it'd been less predatory but then we have the Lootboxes which aren't EA levels of predatory so what else can you expect.

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,004 posts
8,039 battles

So 50 Euros for the Steel Monsters (4000 steel) but if i want the Might of Steel (2000) thats an extra 60 Euros.

Right...

Cant i just buy the Stalingrad for 100 nad save all the hassle, WG? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

Quality Poster
3,283 posts
8,375 battles
3 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Yes, that's what I stated. I was just hoping I'm wrong. :(

Well ... the 'Nerves of Steel' mission chain (and the Steel Monsters campaign as well as the Mighty Prinz) were announced in the Prinz Eitel news a few days ago. 

The 'Might of Steel' mission chain was (according to Ev1n) not announced since it's part of the bundeling for sales and NOT part of the Prinz Eitel News.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,524 battles
16 minutes ago, Juanx said:

The ship itself is expensive too considering its T6.

only the standart "+1€ because it's new" price

same as with West Virginia

The pricetag of € 50 is just too much to ask for too i think. I thought I was set to buying the ship + campaign but now the pricetag staggered me in my conviction.

[-RDE-]
Players
74 posts
11,652 battles

"The first 25 battles played with this warship in any type of battle will earn you three times more XP than usual. Available once per account and only until March 31, 2019. "

this should be free xp too imho, because this way you still need to pay to be able to use it, i bought the terrible and that's the same..

[CATS]
Players
14,653 posts
10,873 battles
3 minutes ago, humpty_1 said:

"The first 25 battles played with this warship in any type of battle will earn you three times more XP than usual. Available once per account and only until March 31, 2019. "

this should be free xp too imho, because this way you still need to pay to be able to use it, i bought the terrible and that's the same..

You get threetimes more Free XP and are free to stack as many multipliers as you want....

And then consider the amount of captains XP...

The multiplier is huge!

[SWTP]
Players
386 posts
6,452 battles
8 minut temu, kfa napisał:

So 50 Euros for the Steel Monsters (4000 steel) but if i want the Might of Steel (2000) thats an extra 60 Euros.

Right...

Cant i just buy the Stalingrad for 100 nad save all the hassle, WG? :Smile_trollface:

Sorry but this 100 will get you only half of Flint, for Stalin you need to buy some crap next years as well.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,321 posts
9,076 battles

The only word to use here is greedy. They're undermining their own integrity and apparently we're all stupid. I'm not going to be in this case. Good luck to you all with your own choices.

• Cool 1

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
235 posts
5,209 battles

I was contemplating on buying the steel monsters campaign, but after seeing the price, along with the PEF bundle...

Yeah, no. Paying 50 euros for 4000 steel (yeah I know, there's more than that, but the steel is the only reward I care about in it), and you still have to complete the missions for it.

Weekend Tester
541 posts
4,964 battles

Its rather strange that "The Steel Monsters Campaign" bundle (£42.77) does not specify in the description what it is you are actually buying, and what the specific campaign rewards are. It only has a non-specific list of possible prizes.

E.g. a "30x games for 200% XP boost" is a clear and quantifiable element of a bundle. In the Steel Monsters, you are asked to buy completely blind (unless you've sourced the information from elsewhere).

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,943 battles
2 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

only the standart "+1€ because it's new" price

same as with West Virginia

The pricetag of € 50 is just too much to ask for too i think. I thought I was set to buying the ship + campaign but now the pricetag staggered me in my conviction.

I agreee this is way to much for 4000 steel... ok there are other rewards in the campaign... sorry wargaming but i would want a complete rundown of the rewards before i spend that sort of money, and that run down is not in the shop...

But from what i can see that campaign is EXTREMELY over priced... god Atlanta cost 34€ Flint costs what just under 12K steal.... this campain is for 4k steal so flint costs (you you could buy multiple campaigns) 150€

like really Wargaming REALLY

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,183 posts
11,672 battles

And apart from this absurd pricetag I can't see what the missions involve. That's what whiped the last 1% doubt of my mind. I'm not feeling like burning myself up for impossible missions like "get 5 arsonist awards with any silver RN cruiser, sink 20 Russian T10 DD's with any autodrop from a T8 CV or win 10 battles in Random matches." 

Thanks but this one I'll pass.

• Cool 1