You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SlingaDing

Use for Doubloons?

21 comments in this topic

Players
45 posts
1,385 battles

I imagine I’m not on my own here, especially with the Santa crates giving away so many doubloons, but owning practically every available premium ship, and already possessing enough premium time for the foreseeable, are WG planning on bringing anything new for us doubloon hoarders to spend our gains on?

i currently have over 40,000 and nothing to spend it on and I fear that WG is pushing everything the way of coal or steel!

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,613 battles

Ouch someone has over spent on crates...

Keep it all for Prem time I guess but there is little to spend it on if you have the ships you want.

I'm about to get a massive doubloon dump for Prem CV refunds but I'll be in a similar position too.

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
14,622 posts
10,863 battles
5 minutes ago, SlingaDing said:

I imagine I’m not on my own here, especially with the Santa crates giving away so many doubloons, but owning practically every available premium ship, and already possessing enough premium time for the foreseeable, are WG planning on bringing anything new for us doubloon hoarders to spend our gains on?

i currently have over 40,000 and nothing to spend it on and I fear that WG is pushing everything the way of coal or steel!

Do not get so much gold.

Buy ships.

Buy captains soon, if you do not have them yet.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,938 posts
22,448 battles
7 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

Permanent camos maybe ?

True, but hope for a new offer around late april as there was the only known sale then. I have bought for the T10 ships + a few others but with 50% off I may buy for a few more which now is uninteresting. With 1700 or so Premium one-use camos it is almost difficult to get rid of them faster than I earn new through missions, crates etc.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles

You have just over 1k battles and you already have all the premiums? Does this include Kron and Musashi?
Because, if it doesn't, wait for the 35:1 conversion and get to 1,5kk Free XP. Proceed to buy the aforementioned vessels.

Other than that?

• keep it
  • don't buy any more
  • wait until WG generously allows you to spend them on a new generation of premiums
  • add a dab of lavender to your milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it

Cheers.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
45 posts
1,385 battles
3 minutes ago, Blixies said:

You have just over 1k battles and you already have all the premiums? Does this include Kron and Musashi?
Because, if it doesn't, wait for the 35:1 conversion and get to 1,5kk Free XP. Proceed to buy the aforementioned vessels.

Other than that?

• keep it
  • don't buy any more
  • wait until WG to generously allows you to spend them on a new generation of premiums
  • add a dab of lavender to your milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it

Cheers.

Yes, got those in the Santa crates 🤘🏻

Ill go with your last suggestion 😆

Players
45 posts
1,385 battles
31 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

Permanent camos maybe ?

One other ‘downside’ to the Santa crates was the amount of ‘new year streamer’ camos I received, no need for premium camos with so many of those 

[PMI]
Players
2,301 posts
5,457 battles
46 minutes ago, SlingaDing said:

Got it in one! lol

Erm, no you did not "get it in one", smells like you spent 2-300€ in crates amirite?

Perhaps more? Dont get me wrong, I spend money myself, just dont play naive, we rip their heads off...

• Funny 1

Players
45 posts
1,385 battles
30 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Erm, no you did not "get it in one", smells like you spent 2-300€ in crates amirite?

Perhaps more? Dont get me wrong, I spend money myself, just dont play naive, we rip their heads off...

It’s a saying, as in, yes you’re right 😜 not that I got them all in one crate! 

yes, I did spend a considerable amount on crates, it’s no secret, I’ve discussed in the crate thread, but that’s got nothing to do with my original question 🤫

[SM0KE]
Players
2,051 posts
5,810 battles
1 hour ago, SlingaDing said:

i currently have over 40,000 and nothing to spend it on

Has anyone suggested captain training? I suspect there'll be a 1:35 conversion event before Kron/Mush get removed from the game - use that to convert a bunch of free xp, and add some 19-point captains to your roster (unless you have plenty already)...?

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles
12 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Has anyone suggested captain training? I suspect there'll be a 1:35 conversion event before Kron/Mush get removed from the game - use that to convert a bunch of free xp, and add some 19-point captains to your roster (unless you have plenty already)...?

It seems like a huge waste to me.
Once you can farm with any one 19 point captain for EliteXP, you're home. 20 - 30k every game for training any future captains.
The dude has got the flags for it, since he opened enough crates to pay for a small catering party at WG HQ.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,051 posts
5,810 battles
8 minutes ago, Blixies said:

It seems like a huge waste to me.

It probably is, but if there is nothing else to spend doubloons on...?

Personally, I would buy premium time, and an occasional top-up to get a captain to the next point, and rely on 19 pointers for the bulk of the work.

[WCWVE]
Players
770 posts
11,990 battles
1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

True, but hope for a new offer around late april as there was the only known sale then. I have bought for the T10 ships + a few others but with 50% off I may buy for a few more which now is uninteresting. With 1700 or so Premium one-use camos it is almost difficult to get rid of them faster than I earn new through missions, crates etc.

If you have permanent camouflages on every ship this will dispose of the doubloons, then go to the inventory and sell off all the surplus single use camouflages, that will then dispose of the excess camouflages and give you a credit boost into the bargain 

• Boring 1

[PMI]
Players
2,301 posts
5,457 battles
2 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

If you have permanent camouflages on every ship this will dispose of the doubloons, then go to the inventory and sell off all the surplus single use camouflages, that will then dispose of the excess camouflages and give you a credit boost into the bargain 

No please dont, only the basic ones.

The temporary camos have far better bonuses than the permanent ones.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,051 posts
5,810 battles
6 minutes ago, Juanx said:

The temporary camos have far better bonuses than the permanent ones.

This.

Not selling some of the better cammos is apparently going to (indirectly) bag me a bit of extra steel: I suck moose balls (technical term, I'm assured) when it comes to cruiser play, but a judicious mix of high-end cammo and the current Op has unlocked a couple of T9 cruisers in time for the steel event - if I'd left the regular perma cammos, I wouldn't have made it...

It's always worth keeping some of the better ones around, in the event that this general kind of situation comes up...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
430 posts
1,658 battles
59 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

This.

Not selling some of the better cammos is apparently going to (indirectly) bag me a bit of extra steel: I suck moose balls (technical term, I'm assured) when it comes to cruiser play, but a judicious mix of high-end cammo and the current Op has unlocked a couple of T9 cruisers in time for the steel event - if I'd left the regular perma cammos, I wouldn't have made it...

It's always worth keeping some of the better ones around, in the event that this general kind of situation comes up...

Oooh, this operation is good for farming t8 cruisers? 

[SM0KE]
Players
2,051 posts
5,810 battles
5 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Oooh, this operation is good for farming t8 cruisers? 

I've been doing it to Cleveland and Edinburgh; Chapy is also eligible (as is the French one, and US CA, but I don't have those), but the Axis ones aren't...

(You can use premium allied T8 cruisers too, but that doesn't directly help unlock a T9)

I loaded them up with maximum xp flags and cammo, and took it from there...

Edit: presumably, the Ops will cycle to a new one after tonight...?

Beta Tester
430 posts
1,658 battles
1 minute ago, Verblonde said:

I've been doing it to Cleveland and Edinburgh; Chapy is also eligible (as is the French one, and US CA, but I don't have those), but the Axis ones aren't...

(You can use premium allied T8 cruisers too, but that doesn't directly help unlock a T9)

I loaded them up with maximum xp flags and cammo, and took it from there...

Edit: presumably, the Ops will cycle to a new one after tonight...?

Damn, I always miss everything :(

Beta Tester
192 posts
5,622 battles

In the patch tomorrow they are introducing items in the arsenal for doubloons - special captains for 1.5k each and permanent camos for 1k - 2.5k each. It also opens up the possibility of other things being added for doubloons later. I think its a good idea as I rarely spend doubloons and they tend to build up - and I never actually buy them, they just drop in events and super containers and occasional bundles.

• Cool 2