0.7.12 - General Feedback

22 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
4,568 posts
1,364 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback regarding Update 0.7.12 in this thread. Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave it in the linked thread.

As usual, a detailed list of the changes implemented in the update can be found on our portal: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0712-holidays/

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,772 posts

Updated just fine, but when I go into battle, after a few minutes, my controls freeze up. No mouse or keyboard input is being registered, and I find myself sailing in circles without being able to do anything. Unplayable.

Players
2,109 posts
15,534 battles

Missed opportunity:

Seeing as the Snowflakes challenge can be completed in Co-Op, it would have been an especially good idea to finally implement one or more of the various GUI enhancement ideas to make it easier to set up a ship for Co-Op, for which many players don't like to expend valuable signal flags, camos, or premium consumables. These have been suggested in the appropriate thread on this forum multiple times before.

What I'm talking about: The simplest thing would be a "Demount All" button in the Exterior-SignalFlags screen that lets you get rid of all currently mounted signal flags at once.

A more sophisticated option would be to simply have the game automatically save the external and consumables configuration for each of the different battle types, and ideally even the modules.

Choose Co-Op, go to your Farragut, mount a cheap "Lidl" Type 1 camo, detonation flag only, and standard consumables.

Change to Random battle, mount Type 5 camo, a few more signals and all premium consumables.

Switch battle type back to co-op and the game automatically demounts all the stuff selected for Random and re-mounts everything previously chosen for Co-Op.

Choose Ranked Sprint and set she ship up with yet more or different Signals, as well as the C-Type hull instead of B-Type, and the defensive AA consumable instead ofthe Engine Boost. And the next time you go to Ranked Sprint with the ship, the game will remember even that.

Wouldn't that be great?

• Cool 5

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,638 battles
49 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

What does this mean? I have over 200 ships and played almost all of them. Why not get this?

image.thumb.png.0cf34fbb803ff8f66c66ae204948b4ba.png

Play a game. You'll get the 50 ship one. Play another game, you'll get the 100 ship one. And so on and on

Unless, ofc, server's too busy, then it may take more than 1 battle

• Cool 1

[CBW]
Players
4 posts
23 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Updated just fine, but when I go into battle, after a few minutes, my controls freeze up. No mouse or keyboard input is being registered, and I find myself sailing in circles without being able to do anything. Unplayable.

Similar to me, except i've ALL freeze: no input, no game.

Must ctrl+alt+del and terminate.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
843 posts

Does anyone else feel that they have more framedrops this patch than the last one?

Got a 1080 card and I keep dropping to under 50 frames quite often. Everything is up to date and wows is completely vanilla.

Got no issues with other games I play.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,638 battles
49 minutes ago, siramra said:

Does anyone else feel that they have more framedrops this patch than the last one?

Got a 1080 card and I keep dropping to under 50 frames quite often. Everything is up to date and wows is completely vanilla.

Got no issues with other games I play.

Yeah, there even was a thread about this earlier:

Personally I'm constantly - generally speaking multiple times per battle for like 30+ seconds - dropping frames, generally down to 20 but sometimes as low as 8...11

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
843 posts
15 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Yeah, there even was a thread about this earlier:

Personally I'm constantly - generally speaking multiple times per battle for like 30+ seconds - dropping frames, generally down to 20 but sometimes as low as 8...11

Thank u, mate. What should I have done without u. :Smile_honoring:

Players
337 posts
17,029 battles

Suggestion.

Make the Port division Chat and the in game division Chat the same chat.

Pros

1. Chat history from the battle is visible after the battle.

2. If someone in the division dies during the battle, he/she can if he/she wants to, go back to port and fix the next ship and still be part of the chat.
3. If all members of the division dies and everyone except one goes back to port, the players in port could send a chat message to the player still in watching the battle and inform him/her that he/she should return to port.

Con

1. Risk of chat filling up.

Best Regards

Me

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,083 posts
10,159 battles

Update itself with all missions, campaigns, rewards is a bit too much for me, but fine as people who are active can achieve a lot of stuff.

Just found out that copper  is no longer "presented" in Arsenal - just if you try to buy one of the camos with this currency - I guess it's not intended?

image.thumb.png.4a07d679ad52548ffd6407f9b2339b24.png

Players
2,109 posts
15,534 battles

Regarding Operation Dynamo, at the risk of being the umptienth nerd to point this out, but there have not been any colonels in Her Most Britannic Majesty's Royal Air Force since since 1 August 1919. The equivalent rank has been "Group Captain" ever since.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,638 battles
1 hour ago, Rowboat_Cop said:

Normally when players purchased or already have a ship taht is awarded, the player gets the equivalent in credits or something else.

This does not seem to apply here.

You get its worth in doubloons. The hell are you whining about? :fish_palm:

Players
337 posts
17,029 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You get its worth in doubloons. The hell are you whining about? :fish_palm:

So, you were right, but somehow I did not get the doubloons until I logged out and back in.

Which is why I wrote this in the first place :)

so, disregard.

[B-B-C]
Players
21 posts
6,541 battles

The Nerves of Steel combat mission chain...

Dear god, has any thought gone into this besides lets make a mission chain with some higher level objectives so it cant be done quickly ?

Here is whats happening;

• 3-5 Prinz Eitels per side. The fun, the variety.
  • Matches where 5 Tier 6 bb's pitted against 2 Tier 8 dd's. Normal MM behavior right ? Well it cant seem to cope with the amount of T6 BB's so this happens frequently.
  • Excruciatingly grindey missions that make you play the PE exclusively for days. The ship isnt bad, but boy am I starting to despise it.
  • Prinz Eitel exhaustion. People just moan about this ship for no reason. Again its not a bad ship but if you are forced to play it and against it all the time .....

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,638 battles
32 minutes ago, SirFett said:

3-5 Prinz Eitels per side. The fun, the variety.

Just like with every ship based event. With over 5k battles you should've seen this coming

31 minutes ago, SirFett said:

Matches where 5 Tier 6 bb's pitted against 2 Tier 8 dd's

1) where are your DDs and Crusiers?

2) Be happy that those are t8 DDs - longer range torps are easier to dodge than point blank ones and t8 DDs have far far longer reloads than t6s do

[B-B-C]
Players
21 posts
6,541 battles
On 1/20/2019 at 12:23 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

Just like with every ship based event. With over 5k battles you should've seen this coming

Whats your point besides pointing out the need for improvement has been there for a good while?

On 1/20/2019 at 12:23 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

1) where are your DDs and Crusiers?

2) Be happy that those are t8 DDs - longer range torps are easier to dodge than point blank ones and t8 DDs have far far longer reloads than t6s do

Because random games rarely have coherent teams. With over 6k battles you should know this.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,638 battles
1 hour ago, SirFett said:

Whats your point besides pointing out the need for improvement has been there for a good while?

My point is - it's nothing new. And as it always happens it looks like this trend has already died out, played a few PEF games yesterday and met barely any of them

And no, there's no "improvement" necessary, it's as simple as "ships in the queue translate to ships in the battle" regardless of those being 5 different ships or 5 identical ships waiting for it

1 hour ago, SirFett said:

Because random games rarely have coherent teams. With over 6k battles you should know this.

Don't expect random :etc_swear: to create teamwork for you. You need it = you create it. Most of the time it's literally as simple as pay attention to where your allies are and don't go on a solo adventure

Didn't need even 1 game to know this

[REBUS]
Players
216 posts
18,835 battles

2 points from me:

1)   It is still not possible to finish anyhow "Battle of the North Cape" Collection. ... It is not possible to collect remaining containers or duplicates in the game, or it is not possible to buy remaining containers in the gift-shop.  Can you, WG, do anything about it asap?

2)   There are a lot of articles about CV rework on the WG web, but ... why some players can use CVs like Saipan, Kaga, Enterprise, or Graf Zeppelin in the game for cca 2 years, but other players (including me) cant ??  WG can rework whatever, but the game should be fair towards all players. So .. when Saipan, Kaga, Enterprise, and Graf Zeppelin are being sold in the Gift-shop again / asap?

Thx, WG, in advance - for any positive and fast reaction from your side!

Turbeen

Players
2,109 posts
15,534 battles

I keep getting notifications in port like" Your clan now has access to the clan battle session from 19:00 to 23:00", a day in advance.

Maybe I've missed a memo again but they seem completely pointless and I wish they would stop.

[B-B-C]
Players
21 posts
6,541 battles

On 1/23/2019 at 11:46 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

.. stuff...

Quite honestly I had a rebuttal written for each of your notes, but after careful consideration that seems quite pointless.

You seem to prefer to argue in a certain style when you do not believe that feedback is warranted because you have your preferred play style and way of getting enjoyment from a game.

Well we seem to be of different opinion there, most likely because we enjoy different things and different approaches.

My hope is that Wargaming would like to hear all sides of a coin, not just the most vocal. That is why I am posting my feedback in a feedback thread opened by Wargaming, not myself.

And this is ultimately who my feedback is for. Wargaming, not you.

Sign in to follow this