Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sehales

0.7.12 - General Feedback

16 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,316 posts
1,062 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback regarding Update 0.7.12 in this thread. Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave it in the linked thread.

As usual, a detailed list of the changes implemented in the update can be found on our portal: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0712-holidays/

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,990 posts

Updated just fine, but when I go into battle, after a few minutes, my controls freeze up. No mouse or keyboard input is being registered, and I find myself sailing in circles without being able to do anything. Unplayable.

Players
1,131 posts
9,001 battles

Missed opportunity:

Seeing as the Snowflakes challenge can be completed in Co-Op, it would have been an especially good idea to finally implement one or more of the various GUI enhancement ideas to make it easier to set up a ship for Co-Op, for which many players don't like to expend valuable signal flags, camos, or premium consumables. These have been suggested in the appropriate thread on this forum multiple times before.

What I'm talking about: The simplest thing would be a "Demount All" button in the Exterior-SignalFlags screen that lets you get rid of all currently mounted signal flags at once.

A more sophisticated option would be to simply have the game automatically save the external and consumables configuration for each of the different battle types, and ideally even the modules.

Choose Co-Op, go to your Farragut, mount a cheap "Lidl" Type 1 camo, detonation flag only, and standard consumables.

Change to Random battle, mount Type 5 camo, a few more signals and all premium consumables.

Switch battle type back to co-op and the game automatically demounts all the stuff selected for Random and re-mounts everything previously chosen for Co-Op.

Choose Ranked Sprint and set she ship up with yet more or different Signals, as well as the C-Type hull instead of B-Type, and the defensive AA consumable instead ofthe Engine Boost. And the next time you go to Ranked Sprint with the ship, the game will remember even that.

Wouldn't that be great?

• Cool 5

[ADRIA]
Players
4,188 posts
6,766 battles
49 minutes ago, Admiral_Noif said:

What does this mean? I have over 200 ships and played almost all of them. Why not get this?

image.thumb.png.0cf34fbb803ff8f66c66ae204948b4ba.png

Play a game. You'll get the 50 ship one. Play another game, you'll get the 100 ship one. And so on and on

Unless, ofc, server's too busy, then it may take more than 1 battle

• Cool 1

[CBW]
Players
2 posts
9,195 battles
23 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Updated just fine, but when I go into battle, after a few minutes, my controls freeze up. No mouse or keyboard input is being registered, and I find myself sailing in circles without being able to do anything. Unplayable.

Similar to me, except i've ALL freeze: no input, no game.

Must ctrl+alt+del and terminate.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
529 posts

Does anyone else feel that they have more framedrops this patch than the last one?

Got a 1080 card and I keep dropping to under 50 frames quite often. Everything is up to date and wows is completely vanilla.

Got no issues with other games I play.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,188 posts
6,766 battles
49 minutes ago, siramra said:

Does anyone else feel that they have more framedrops this patch than the last one?

Got a 1080 card and I keep dropping to under 50 frames quite often. Everything is up to date and wows is completely vanilla.

Got no issues with other games I play.

Yeah, there even was a thread about this earlier:

Personally I'm constantly - generally speaking multiple times per battle for like 30+ seconds - dropping frames, generally down to 20 but sometimes as low as 8...11

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
529 posts
15 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Yeah, there even was a thread about this earlier:

Personally I'm constantly - generally speaking multiple times per battle for like 30+ seconds - dropping frames, generally down to 20 but sometimes as low as 8...11

Thank u, mate. What should I have done without u. :Smile_honoring:

Players
267 posts
13,561 battles

Suggestion.

Make the Port division Chat and the in game division Chat the same chat.

Pros

1. Chat history from the battle is visible after the battle.

2. If someone in the division dies during the battle, he/she can if he/she wants to, go back to port and fix the next ship and still be part of the chat.
3. If all members of the division dies and everyone except one goes back to port, the players in port could send a chat message to the player still in watching the battle and inform him/her that he/she should return to port.

Con

1. Risk of chat filling up.

Best Regards

Me

[TK1]
WoWs Wiki Team
533 posts
8,488 battles

Update itself with all missions, campaigns, rewards is a bit too much for me, but fine as people who are active can achieve a lot of stuff.

Just found out that copper  is no longer "presented" in Arsenal - just if you try to buy one of the camos with this currency - I guess it's not intended?

image.thumb.png.4a07d679ad52548ffd6407f9b2339b24.png

Players
1,131 posts
9,001 battles

Regarding Operation Dynamo, at the risk of being the umptienth nerd to point this out, but there have not been any colonels in Her most Britannic Majesty's Royal Air Force since since 1 August 1919. The equivalent rank has been "Group Captain" ever since.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,188 posts
6,766 battles
1 hour ago, Rowboat_Cop said:

Normally when players purchased or already have a ship taht is awarded, the player gets the equivalent in credits or something else.

This does not seem to apply here.

You get its worth in doubloons. The hell are you whining about? :fish_palm:

Players
267 posts
13,561 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You get its worth in doubloons. The hell are you whining about? :fish_palm:

So, you were right, but somehow I did not get the doubloons until I logged out and back in.

Which is why I wrote this in the first place :)

so, disregard.

Sign in to follow this