You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sehales

Snowflakes

25 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,342 posts
1,074 battles

Captains,

please share your feedback about the Snowflakes in this thread.

Detailed information about this feature can be found on the portal.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,377 posts

No snowflake on the Isokaze before first battle....played and won a coop battle to test and no coal. Orion & Shenyang also have no snowflake but not playing these until bug is sorted.

[MPT]
Players
17 posts
9,342 battles
3 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

No snowflake on the Isokaze before first battle....played and won a coop battle to test and no coal. Orion & Shenyang also have no snowflake but not playing these until bug is sorted.

No snowflakes on T4 silver ships, it's not a bug.

• Cool 1

Players
211 posts
15,975 battles
5 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

WG doesn't want to encourage sealclubbing. Maybe read the article Sehales linked in his post before complaining next time.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,377 posts
1 hour ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

WG doesn't want to encourage sealclubbing. Maybe read the article Sehales linked in his post before complaining next time.

I wasn't complaining sunshine, I thought I was pointing out a bug. Wind your neck in. And to kick your 'seal clubbing' point into touch, why do WG have snowflakes on premium ships under tier 5? :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Players
1,169 posts
9,151 battles

Missed opportunity:

In order to use that event, not only to up the server population, but also to get players to make more of an effort at decent gameplay, the prizes should have been awarded only for multiplayer battle types with human opponents. Or at least not for Co-Op, if possibly for Scenarios.

And more importantly, players should not be getting unlimited shots at them but maybe just three attempts at a win. Or even just a single attempt.

• Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles
2 minutes ago, Latouche_Treville said:

A random battle won with tier 4 Clemson, no coal.

Probably because silver ships of tier 5 and higher get snowflakes. Not having one on your Clemson in port should have been a clue for that one

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles
4 minutes ago, Latouche_Treville said:

But there was a snow flake displayed

Yeah, no. Tier 4 premiums get a snowflake, silver ships below tier 5 don't.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles
2 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I thought we were going to get 200 steel for a Tier X victory?

Only for Stalingrad, Bourgogne and Salem

Silver 10s get 100

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,243 battles
12 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Yeah, no. Tier 4 premiums get a snowflake, silver ships below tier 5 don't.

4r4ZDpf.jpg

Make of that what you will.

[Edit] just saw the full stop.  I thought you said "no tier IV ships get snowflakes... d'oh!

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles

@MrConway @Crysantos @Sehales

Can you tell me what's missing here?

BaQRgst.jpg

Hint:

Right now I have 99 ships which qualify for snowflakes. In the start it's easy, just pick one and go. Soon it will be more the case of "which ones I didn't play yet". But then do I really have to go through 99 ships to check if I missed one?

And my port's still relatively small compared to some others with 150+, 200+ and even more ships in their ports qualifying for this event. Looking through them all just to check... Yeah, no

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,156 posts
2,248 battles
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

@MrConway @Crysantos @Sehales

Can you tell me what's missing here?

BaQRgst.jpg

Hint:

Right now I have 99 ships which qualify for snowflakes. In the start it's easy, just pick one and go. Soon it will be more the case of "which ones I didn't play yet". But then do I really have to go through 99 ships to check if I missed one?

And my port's still relatively small compared to some others with 150+, 200+ and even more ships in their ports qualifying for this event. Looking through them all just to check... Yeah, no

This was the first question I asked when I heard about snowflakes - unfortunately it was not possible to implement it in time for the event.

We're in the same boat - I'll be going tier by tier which should make it quite easy.

• Cool 2

[VOC]
Players
169 posts
3,286 battles

So these snowflakes are once during the event or once during a game day?

So if you have tier X and you play and win it is 100 steel a day?

[PUPSI]
Players
6,249 posts
Vor 24 Minuten, DutchDelightsNL sagte:

So these snowflakes are once during the event or once during a game day?

*sigh*

Zitat

In Update 0.7.12 Snowflakes will appear on many of your ships. They work like stars, that give you a one-time daily bonus for a victorious battle. Snowflakes, however, can be blown off your ships only once during Update 0.7.12.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0712-holidays/#snowflakes

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,577 battles

Got to say the event is ludicrously grindy.

It's nice to get ressources, but having to play every single qualifying ship takes bloody ages even if you just drop into CoOp for easy wins (I can't even image how utterly mindboggling trying to get all those wins in randoms would be, just urgh). I'm not even through all of my steel snowflakes and already the grind is starting to become annoying and if we're talking CoOp, boringly repetitive.

I think it would've been much easier if you simply awarded on a tier by tier basis. Got 20 tier V ships with snowflakes? Play and win a tier V game and you get all of them. Repeat for every other qualifying tier. For premium ships I could say keep the current format (especially since I won't be needing to play with untrained captains as I can freely switch those around on premium ships), but for regular tech-tree ships the sheer amount of games you need to play to get all the snowflakes is just too much.

Summoning @MrConway, @Tuccy and @Crysantos to take note.

Players
147 posts
1,346 battles
On 12/20/2018 at 12:15 PM, _DemonGuard_ said:

But the tier 2, 3 and 4 premiums do offer coal 😀, let the clubbing commence :cap_rambo:

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
355 posts
6,534 battles

Won 4 battle with 4 premium ships and couldn't see any message about claiming anything. Snowflakes disappeared...

Is it right?

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
355 posts
6,534 battles
3 hours ago, Latouche_Treville said:

Yes, if you check the arsenal you'll see more coal etc..

Thanks, I just expected something on the screen about the gift :)

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

It's nice to have something to do with low tiers, even if it's only premiums. They're seldom eligible for any events or missions.

On 12/20/2018 at 5:08 PM, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Missed opportunity:

In order to use that event, not only to up the server population, but also to get players to make more of an effort at decent gameplay, the prizes should have been awarded only for multiplayer battle types with human opponents. Or at least not for Co-Op, if possibly for Scenarios.

And more importantly, players should not be getting unlimited shots at them but maybe just three attempts at a win. Or even just a single attempt.

Encouraging co-op players into PvP for a one-time event will only drag a temporary surplus of players who are bad at PvP into the Standard Battle queue. Speaking personally, if I had to do my snowflakes in PvP, I simply wouldn't have played as much today.

Why is not getting unlimited shots desirable at all, let alone important? Seems to me it'd be frustrating for the baddies and unnoticed by the goodies, yielding a negative net outcome.