You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sehales

Ranked Sprints

21 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,333 posts
1,074 battles

Captains,

please share your feedback about the Ranked Sprints in this thread.

Detailed information about this feature can be found on the portal.

[TRV]
Beta Tester
120 posts
9,464 battles

lol, again nothing is done to make it a real fun happening, 2 battles with a total of 3 bot/afk players on my team. Its a crying need for WG to make the report function worth the time it takes using it.

The guys AFK/bot isnt doing this by accsident, they stats shows a meager 300-400 average xp and a average winrate of 37% ??? to the 45% area, so they are all custom to the thing,

When u try arrange an event with 5 players on each team its self expained that there has to be a system to root out the players not really interested in the event .

• Cool 2

Players
64 posts
12,166 battles

With a start of rank 10, fixed star on allmost every rank, and on rank 5 and 3 you finally managed to kill ranked battles. So skill is not involved anymore, only luck as everybody will get to rank 1. Well done. Its dead.

So, after killing random with the mm, now ranked with no skill involved cause of the 'dont have to play cause will get there' whats left to play?

Nothing i guess.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,251 posts
6,795 battles
8 hours ago, AngryDragon70 said:

With a start of rank 10, fixed star on allmost every rank, and on rank 5 and 3 you finally managed to kill ranked battles. So skill is not involved anymore, only luck as everybody will get to rank 1. Well done. Its dead. 

In case you didn't notice this is the 3rd Ranked Sprint, which works exactly like the 1st 2 did.

[ADRIA]
Players
307 posts
10,693 battles
8 hours ago, AngryDragon70 said:

So skill is not involved anymore

Skill was involved previously? Wasn't aware of that :fish_book:

• Funny 1

[TWFK]
Players
13 posts
3,637 battles

In general, I find ranked sprint nice...but...

afk guys and players that not even follow basic tactics make it really hard to climb up the ladder. It is really a plague. In case it is a thing of the MM. pls repair it.

AfK: I propose that you exclude everyone who is not starting his engines within 10s after the start for the next ranked game or even take him off one star.

I also like to see some rating of team mates or some other complaint management tool that does have an relevance and penalizes wrong doers... the current is fake. I never saw any penalty on guys who destroy game play.

So yes...but...

Nightfalcon

[TAITO]
Players
220 posts
6,267 battles

imo this type of ranked seasons sucks i dont get why change it so bad i played total 19game and i was rank 1 with 5 lose when older ranks you have to play a lot more and imo this is not good it's just some aprils fool.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

The "increased" rewards are crap as usual. This game mode will die soon without a doubt. It is not worth playing for 5k or 10 k coal.

Nobody asked for "Sprint" Ranked, everybody was just tired or Ranked only tier 10 and asked for Ranked on other tiers.

Players
1,165 posts
9,136 battles

This is supposed to be more of a fun series than a grinding series, as evidenced by the news bulletins and the meagre rewards. Up to now it actually has been a lot of fun for me personally, not the least because I encountered hardly any carriers.

However, with a view to this concept, it doesn't seem to make sense to make players who reached rank 1 the last time then start at rank 10 already in the second round.

It's actually more of a penalty because it cuts the fun even shorter.

Especially since there is no League of Sea Wolves at the end.

[BAD-A]
Players
9 posts
5,091 battles

The long and the short- I like it.

PROS:

• Fun gameplay, able to have a high impact on the game
  • Able to division
  • Easy and pretty quick to get to rank 1
  • T6 is nice

CONS:

• Rewards aren't great, signals are meager and mostly used to attain rank 1, 10k coal is better than a kick in the teeth but I'm not sure if it's worth the time it takes to get it. The more rewards the more people will play the mode and the more fun it will be to rank out. You could be more generous with the signals and add a week of premium to the rank 1 reward or a small amount of steel like 200-500.
  • 5v5 may not be ideal, there is a lot of room for one player to carry and for one player to throw the game, an early suicide is literally 20% of your fleet gone. 6v6 would be a nice sweet spot for sprint and the 7v7 for standard ranked.
  • Notably worse level of play compared to standard ranked battles, but that's something we should all be used to and isn't particularly relevant.

[UNICS]
Players
1,211 posts
15,050 battles
On 12/22/2018 at 11:55 AM, quickr said:

Skill was involved previously? Wasn't aware of that :fish_book:

The Tenth Season
icon_rank_big_1.png
1 419 52.74% Details

419 battles for rank 1 trolol

[ADRIA]
Players
307 posts
10,693 battles
Just now, Ysterpyp said:

419 battles for rank 1 trolol

Yes, which proves my point... you don't need skill to rank out...just need to be persistent. :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,211 posts
15,050 battles
Just now, quickr said:

Yes, which proves my point... you don't need skill to rank out...just need to be persistent. :Smile_izmena:

well skill gets u to r1 faster , which is the metric to look at

[ADRIA]
Players
307 posts
10,693 battles
7 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

well skill gets u to r1 faster , which is the metric to look at

No argue there... But if you are an average Joe, only looking to get rank rewards, you don't care if it takes 10, 50 200 or 500 games

[COMA]
Players
142 posts
7,084 battles

Done in 34 matches, took me one afternoon. The "prizes" are still disappointing thou...

• Cool 1

Players
1,165 posts
9,136 battles

And once again the very basics of writing a news bulletin in the western world: Getting start and end dates right.

I mean I had my suspicions and should've known better than to expect the series to end on a Monday, but if you give the end date as the 14th, then it is customary to end the series on the 14th. Meaning including the 14th. Not the 13th. The 14th. It actually ended either on the 13th or just so few hours into the early morning of the 14th that technically it was still yesterday.

[D-252]
Players
18 posts
5,316 battles

Overall it was more pleasant than T5 ranked sprints, managed to rank out both times without too much aggro although 7v7 ended up tougher than expected.

PROS:

• Fun gameplay, able to have a high impact on the game
  • T6 is nice, premiums are not OP with perhaps the only exception being T-61 is capable hands
  • Had lots of fun in Bayern, it can really tank damage well once angled.
  • 5v5 - easier to carry

CONS:

• Rewards aren't great, and if you hit a bad run, all of them can get eaten up while trying to rank out - happened to me in 7v7.
  • 5v5 may be a little too easy to carry at times. Certainly was with broken OP ships like Kamikaze and GC on T5
  • Level of play worse than standard ranked battles.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,251 posts
6,795 battles
13 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

And once again the very basics of writing a news bulletin in the western world: Getting start and end dates right.

I mean I had my suspicions and should've known better than to expect the series to end on a Monday, but if you give the end date as the 14th, then it is customary to end the series on the 14th. Meaning including the 14th. Not the 13th. The 14th. It actually ended either on the 13th or just so few hours into the early morning of the 14th that technically it was still yesterday.

Reading's hard, aye?

R5DplR4.png

It ends on 14th. Thus end date is listed as 14th. Simple

Players
1,165 posts
9,136 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, wilkatis_LV sagte:

It ends on 14th. Thus end date is listed as 14th. Simple

Yes well but it didn't end today. it ended yesterday. Yesterday was the last day. The last day is when something ends. It's just plain English.

The school holidays don't end on Monday. They end on Sunday when Monday is the first day of school.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,251 posts
6,795 battles
2 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Yes well but it didn't end today. it ended yesterday. Yesterday was the last day. The last day is when something ends. It's just plain English.

You could play it today right up to the last second of it. So it did end today

Players
277 posts
11,549 battles

Please change the rank icons for Ranked Sprint and don't overwrite Ranked 'Proper' icons with them. You've promoted Sprints as a mode for newer and less competitive players and on that basis, I would be happy not to partake, except for the fact that my R1 icon earned on Ranked Proper is removed whenever a Sprint starts. If you want competitive players to stay away, let them keep their Ranked Proper icons and give Sprinters something else.