Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sehales

"Mighty Prinz" Campaign

46 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,326 posts
1,064 battles

Captains,

please share your feedback about the "Mighty Prinz" campaign in this thread.

Detailed information about the campaign can be found on the portal.

• Bad 3

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,995 posts

First three stages: fair enough

Last stage: the equivalent of being prodded in the p00per with a cactus tied to a pneumatic hammer. 

What for those who don't have 6 different nations? At least with campaigns you could repeat tasks for the stars. The final stage for the DoY campaign was also ridiculous (90k raw torpedo damage, 11 British torpedo hits (pre brit DD's that was), 75k XP for one star,...), but at least you could repeat a task to ease up the grind. The "but you can complete 5/6 stages with the PEF itself at the same time" is a rather poor display as well. Sure, there can be incentives to buy the ship, but this is stretching it too far. 

As for the ship itself: meh. While the the DoY and Spee were also kind of "meh-botes", they were unique and historical ships, the PEF however is a completely ficitious ship build on the base of what would become a Mackensen BC. It would have been way more interesting if the PEF was ingame as it was intended to be fitted out, at least that would give it some allure and historical credibility. 

The usage of directives instead of campaigns is not all negative, since you can complete more than 1 task at a time, but that you can't repeat tasks is a big letdown. Especially since we've been rendered numb from having one event behind the other without respite. You could be a little more considerate to your playerbase, but alas, it was not to be.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles

10 days to complete the last stage (and thus the New Years campaign) except that you probably won't unless you have about 25h free time per day for all 10 of them... Literally :etc_swear: off

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
5,121 posts
5,069 battles

@MrConway was so kind to invite me to leave my feedback about Prinz Eitel Friedrich here as I didn’t manage to hide my frustration well apparently.

Main main criticism of the ship is that it combines too many main gun drawbacks in one package which in combination ruins the fun using her. Namely:

- very poor pen for the AP

- relatively high airdrag 

- mediocre turret traverse

- (bad HE which I find ok to not continue this HE-BB story any further)

Combine this with BB accuracy (though slightly less terrible thanks to better sigma), BB reload and a large and sluggish platform she isn’t particular exciting or fun.

She isn’t terribly UP but just not fun due to the frustrating Main Gun performance. This problem is amplified by the fact that she will see T8 relatively often.

All in all she is quite “meh” which is a shame considering how much she was anticipated by the “ship lovers” faction who were very much looking forward to the first Imperial Battlecruiser. She’s seems like a big disappointment and a pretty big downer overall.

To keep things constructive I am sharing what I think would be adequate to make her worthwhile:

“Meh” -> “average”: Reload down to

26sec

”Meh” -> “Good”: reload down to 24sec and reduced air drag 

Cheers 

• Cool 2

[WASP_]
Players
168 posts
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

@MrConway was so kind to invite me to leave my feedback about Prinz Eitel Friedrich here as I didn’t manage to hide my frustration well apparently.

Main main criticism of the ship is that it combines too many main gun drawbacks in one package which in combination ruins the fun using her. Namely:

Combine this with BB accuracy (though slightly less terrible thanks to better sigma), BB reload and a large and sluggish platform she isn’t particular exciting or fun.

She isn’t terribly UP but just not fun due to the frustrating Main Gun performance. This problem is amplified by the fact that she will see T8 relatively often.

All in all she is quite “meh” which is a shame considering how much she was anticipated by the “ship lovers” faction who were very much looking forward to the first Imperial Battlecruiser. She’s seems like a big disappointment and a pretty big downer overall.

To keep things constructive I am sharing what I think would be adequate to make her worthwhile:

26sec

Cheers 

Would have to agree with the above. CV fodder if up tiered.  Not to mention fodder for Tier 8 BB's. Her guns though are the main problem I have with her. She will struggle to Crit cruisers, and her dispersion while described as inconsistent which is stretching that definition somewhat would be better titled "SHOTGUN".Who ever thought she could hold her own against NC that can out gun and out turn her to give one example is head scratching.  In her own tier shes ok just. However she will more often than nor meet tier 8 due to current MM meta and frankly shes a free kill to the enemy team when that happens. Shame really as aesthetically shes beautiful.  

[M-WAR]
Beta Tester
82 posts
5,820 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, 1MajorKoenig sagte:

26sec

Cheers 

This.

This ship is simply unfun to play. It has nothing going for it. Others have huge caliber for their tier (Mutsu, Nelson), torps (Scharnhorst), speed (Hood), etc.

PEF has nothing and the guns feel underwhelming and it hasn't got secondaries or torps to make up for those guns.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
57 minutes ago, CauldronBorn said:

It has nothing going for it.

Accuracy?

Others have huge caliber for their tier (Mutsu, Nelson)

Nothing wrong with having the "standard", or at least old-standard t6 caliber

torps (Scharnhorst)

You don't need torps on every ship, especially a CB / BB

58 minutes ago, CauldronBorn said:

speed (Hood)

Because 28kts at t6 - only matched by Normandie (28) and slightly beaten by Dunkek (29.5) whos big thing is speed - is sooooo slow.

Especially with the standard being 25kts and below

1 hour ago, CauldronBorn said:

PEF has nothing

Yeah, no

guns feel underwhelming

Stop sniping from max range and they suddenly will work

it hasn't got secondaries (..) to make up for those guns.

I'll take max range (AFT + SBM2 + Mike Yankee Soxisix) but with base reload & base fire chance (including excluding that same Mike Yankee Soxisix signals 5% bonus from it). Imagine adding that, both fire signals DE and then BFT on top of it :cap_fainting:

• Up to 7.56km range at t6
  • Apparently great forward-firing angles
  • 8x2 105s
    • 25mm pen (so BB base plating of t6 and t7, CA base plating at t8) /// 33mm pen with IFHE (more than t8+ BB base plating) - not that you need this
    • 3.35s reload (17.91 rounds per min per gun)
    • 1.2k alpha (300 dmg per pen)
    • 5% fc
      • vs a t6 ship average 1x fire per 26 hits
        • with 8 gun salvo per broadside at 3.35s that's average of fire per 10s
      • vs a t8 FP built ship (max fire resistance you can meet) average 1x fire per 37 hits
        • with 8 gun salvo per broadside at 3.35s that's average of fire per 15s
  • 14x1 150s
    • 37mm pen (more than t8+ BB plating)
    • 7.5s reload (8 rounds per min per gun)
    • 1.7k alpha (567 dmg per pen)
    • 8% fc
      • vs a t6 ship average 1x fire per 16 hits
        • with 7 gun salvo per broadside at 7.5s that's average of fire per 17s
      • vs a t8 FP built ship (max fire resistance you can meet) average 1x fire per 23 hits
        • with 7 gun salvo per broadside at 7.5s that's average of fire per 25s

TL;DR - decent range, ability to pen basically everything you meet, and fires fires fires fires everywhere

Also those guns don't need any making up for if you just close the range to sub 14km

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[DREAD]
Players
5,121 posts
5,069 battles
29 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Accuracy?

Nothing wrong with having the "standard", or at least old-standard t6 caliber

You don't need torps on every ship, especially a CB / BB

Because 28kts at t6 - only matched by Normandie (28) and slightly beaten by Dunkek (29.5) whos big thing is speed - is sooooo slow.

Especially with the standard being 25kts and below

Yeah, no

Stop sniping from max range and they suddenly will work

I'll take max range (AFT + SBM2 + Mike Yankee Soxisix) but with base reload & base fire chance (including excluding that same Mike Yankee Soxisix signals 5% bonus from it). Imagine adding that, both fire signals DE and then BFT on top of it :cap_fainting:

• Up to 7.56km range at t6
  • Apparently great forward-firing angles
  • 8x2 105s
    • 25mm pen (so BB base plating of t6 and t7, CA base plating at t8) /// 33mm pen with IFHE (more than t8+ BB base plating) - not that you need this
    • 3.35s reload (17.91 rounds per min per gun)
    • 1.2k alpha (300 dmg per pen)
    • 5% fc
      • vs a t6 ship average 1x fire per 26 hits
        • with 8 gun salvo per broadside at 3.35s that's average of fire per 10s
      • vs a t8 FP built ship (max fire resistance you can meet) average 1x fire per 37 hits
        • with 8 gun salvo per broadside at 3.35s that's average of fire per 15s
  • 14x1 150s
    • 37mm pen (more than t8+ BB plating)
    • 7.5s reload (8 rounds per min per gun)
    • 1.7k alpha (567 dmg per pen)
    • 8% fc
      • vs a t6 ship average 1x fire per 16 hits
        • with 7 gun salvo per broadside at 7.5s that's average of fire per 17s
      • vs a t8 FP built ship (max fire resistance you can meet) average 1x fire per 23 hits
        • with 7 gun salvo per broadside at 7.5s that's average of fire per 25s

TL;DR - decent range, ability to pen basically everything you meet, and fires fires fires fires everywhere

Also those guns don't need any making up for if you just close the range to sub 14km

You didn’t even play the ship. Do that first please and then continue. Thx

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,074 posts
11,057 battles

I'm very disappointed with the Prinz Eitel Friedrich. The ship offer nothing of value, save for the early access to the New Year's campaign.

It lacks both offensive options, as the guns are extremely weak compared to others at tier, and defensive options. The improved AA armament will soon be inconsequential due to the CV rework.

In the current state the ship is not fun to play in any mode, be it ranked, random, or coop.

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
5,121 posts
5,069 battles
5 hours ago, ROYAL___NAVY said:

The ship is a joke. If it wasn't for the steel I think I would be asking for a refund 

Its a faqn joke. 

[M-WAR]
Beta Tester
82 posts
5,820 battles

Played a couple more games: Its utter crap.

Besides your "guns" it eats regular pens left and right (even when angeled).

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

I imagine a faster reload is all PEF needs, and maybe more health. Ishizuchi was in the same situation but fine since getting a 25s reload and a less explosive magazine. I like ships with bad guns if it means faster reload. Feels more consistent than good guns that reload slowly, hence I sold my New Mexico.

As for the campaign, lol that final stage. Better to just work for 2 extra hours and buy PEF than spend 20 on grinding credits. Final stage should require only 3 nations or 1 mil cr per nation. As-is the campaign is obviously set up to let the typical player who doesn't plan get to the final stage, then take a look at the requirements and feel pressured to spend on premium account etc., conveniently at a time when the winter sales just ended.

Players
34 posts
798 battles

I have to say that i sort of realize that in these recent events, WG is sort of making it easier for players that already have high tier ships (VIII, IX, X), while for mid tiers like tier V and VI, it's not impossible, but it qould just take too much time. I, for example, i only have Tier V ships (plus the Dunkerque that I got in a secret santa container), and it'n impossible, because i'm about to complete the last 2 directives for the 2nd stage (i started later because i choose to grind some tier IV to get the tier V), but the last stage... 4 million credits for each nation!!! WTF? If i had a MISSOURI for each nation that wouldn't be a problem, but how am i supposed to get 4 million credits with only tier V ships?

I think that WG, when doing these events, if it restict a directive from tier V and above, they should make the directives easier for tier V, then, if you have high tier ships, it would be even easier.

[10GO]
Players
357 posts
9,560 battles

"Kill 5 Ships in the Nurnberg"

I HATE you too WG :P

The rest was fun. 

Especially playing Dallas...

[TIB]
Beta Tester
18 posts

I do think newer Players are at a disadvantage in regards to the final directive, my partner has been back in game for About 5 months, and has  American, Japanese and one British and German ships able to do this directive, so no matter what, she cannot complete the directive, if 6 parts are required to complete the final stage.

We are not able to spend any Money in game, so buying ships, or flags etc is not possible.

Really disappointed in this final stage, as newer Players, and those unable to spend real Money are going to lose out, really think this Needs to be looked at before the next Event.

• Cool 1

Players
34 posts
798 battles
1 ora fa, glorgir ha scritto:

I do think newer Players are at a disadvantage in regards to the final directive, my partner has been back in game for About 5 months, and has  American, Japanese and one British and German ships able to do this directive, so no matter what, she cannot complete the directive, if 6 parts are required to complete the final stage.

We are not able to spend any Money in game, so buying ships, or flags etc is not possible.

Really disappointed in this final stage, as newer Players, and those unable to spend real Money are going to lose out, really think this Needs to be looked at before the next Event.

I completely agree with you 100%.

I mean, right now i don't want to spend money into the game. I might spend some money in the future (premium ships), but right now i want to wait and see in what things i should spend money.

I think that WG should not FORCE players to spand money into the game. Don't get me wrong, i'm okay with premium stuff (doubloons, ships, camos, exc.) because since WOWS is a free to play game, they need go generate a sort of revenue, and don't have an issue with that. But, they should not force players to spend money if the players don't want to.

[-FC-]
Players
222 posts
9,311 battles

What the heck is going on with this final event? Why so unbalanced compared to the other stages? What a monumental waste of time in doing the first 3 stages.

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts
7,575 battles

OK WG... I hope you read all these...

I have supported you for a lot of things and have complained for (much fewer) other things. However, I always had in mind the impression (now belief) that, compared to the "Western" world game manufacturers, you are still part of the old Soviet Union: that is behind the iron curtain...

You try to impose modern marketing "tricks" with your shop, "offers", "events" etc etc etc but all these reinforce the fact that (especially for EU) you are the most money-greedy game developer EVER.

The Prinz Eitel campaign is for me the last drop:

I have 59 different ships (23 of which are "golden" others paid for and others won or grinded for) and participated in almost 7000 random battles over 3 years. I know, not too many / too much like other "veteran" or more "devoted" players, but still, not little. However, as a FtP player, tiers 9 and 10 are quite expensive and, after selling my Chapayev I have right now no Russian ship. I also own a Fiji and a Lion from the UK line and an Algerie and Alsace from the French.

I can reach 4,000,000 credits with my IJN, US and German lines but no more...

To make it short: For me the last part of the Prinz campaign is a cold-blooded extortion similar to Russian mafia tactics that we occasionally hear about.

Please state clearly and sincerely: Those who have a life, are FtP or are any other low-life players (not even worthy of calling us customers), f$$$-off and buy the Eitel. Otherwise do not bother.

And I ask: Is the same grinding involved if you could restrict the conditions to 3 nations instead of 6, for 8 million credits each??? Why not??? Because you indirectly EXTORT us to BYU IT, buy other premium ships (russian, commonwealth anyone???) or (even more devious) FLAGS... many flags to boost credit yield.

And for what? For a tier 6 Bayern skin...

Of course I am not crazy about getting the Eitel. I do not really need it and if I did, I would enjoy more my hard-earned 375,000 XP Nelson or my Scharnhorst. I am complaining about the petty greediness that is deviously and quite sadistically hidden behind that famous 4th directive of the Prinz Eitel campaign.

Of course you might as well tell me to suck it up and ignore the mission because that's the way it is. This is what I will do inevitably. And of course I will continue play and enjoy WoW... With what I can earn ONLY by playing at MY OWN pace whenever I want and for whatever time I choose to spend. And ONLY as FtP. Nothing else!

Congratulations!

• Cool 2

Players
36 posts

This part is just stupid..

American? Easy with carriers and I’ve also got Mammie and two DDs

British? Belfast, Warspite Nelson, Hood, Vanguard Cossack, should be OK.

Japanese? Hardly played but I just got Mutsu in a Santa box and have T6 carrier so maybe

Russian? Just got two in boxes but they are the worst - Krispy Kreme and Oct Rev

France? Got Dunquerke and Aigle plus T5 and 6 cruisers so hard work but possible

Pan Asia? Just got level 3 so non starter

Commonwealth ? Got Perth but don’t fancy grinding 4m in that

Italy? Got Duca d’Aosta but again, a hard grind

So this is just a scam to get you to buy PEF to then get another PEF? How much do you get back if you already have it?

[BYOB]
Players
3,074 posts
11,057 battles
4 hours ago, gustywinds said:

So this is just a scam to get you to buy PEF to then get another PEF? How much do you get back if you already have it?

6800 doubloons, which is the value of the ship in the game client.

I see this not as buying the ship, the ship itself is a failure that doesn't fulfill the role of the class. Instead I see this as buying access to a mission set giving me steel, a campaign that gave me several silver ships with permanent camos, and a 6800 doubloons from an easy mission set. It's a different perspective.

However, the design of the directives leaves a lot to be desired, with the last one being an insult to anyone not able to grind full-time.

[COMA]
Players
141 posts
7,075 battles
On 1/3/2019 at 8:41 AM, The_Reichtangle said:

"Kill 5 Ships in the Nurnberg"

I HATE you too WG :P

The rest was fun. 

Especially playing Dallas...

Mhew, I did that in 3 matches. Not that I'm especially hunted for kill-steals, maybe it's my lucky RNG :V

Sign in to follow this