You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sehales

"Belle Époque" Collection

32 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,317 posts
1,064 battles

Captains,

please share your feedback about the "Belle Époque" collection in this thread.

Detailed information about the collection can be found on the portal.

• Bad 2

Players
1,583 posts
6,238 battles

Creating a collection who you, the player, either has to open his wallet or sink many many many many hours of grinding into your game, if he wants to ever complete it because you can't get pieces out of daily grind container...

What have you become? Electronic f*cking Arts???

giphy.gif

Good f*cking job

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,991 posts

Wait, what? You can't complete it with daily containers, only with the new year ones? The portal said "the collection is permanent", so...

• Cool 1

Players
1,583 posts
6,238 battles
1 minute ago, MrFingers said:

Wait, what? You can't complete it with daily containers, only with the new year ones? The portal said "the collection is permanent", so...

Yep, they lied AGAIN

115v4crl.png

No buttons

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,131 posts
2,239 battles
3 hours ago, MrFingers said:

@MrConway, what gives?

epoque.png

As announced in the very same article that you linked: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/belle-epoque-collection/ 

Combat Missions and Containers

Containers with elements of the collection will be issued to you upon completion of the "In the Name of His Highness!" event and the tasks of the "Mighty Prinz" Campaign. Two elements of the collection, as well as one of the following rewards, may be found in the Containers:

You have two sources of collection items and shouldn't have an issue completing it if you participate in the activities. Like other collections, it will be permanent and should you miss items there might be other chances to get these in future.

• Bad 1

Players
1,583 posts
6,238 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

You have two sources of collection items and shouldn't have an issue completing it if you participate in the activities. Like other collections, it will be permanent and should you miss items there might be other chances to get these in future.

I dare you to farm 24.000.000 Credits, in less than ONE WEEK without PEF, in Co-Op to get the f*cking ship as you can only get 14 Crates via the event (so maximum of 28 drops) and you need 16 elements to complete the collection. And knowing the RNG you put into your boxes...

With that 5 to 1 exchange rate you must expect a lot of copys...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,131 posts
2,239 battles
15 hours ago, AnEvilJoke said:

I dare you to farm 24.000.000 Credits, in less than ONE WEEK without PEF, in Co-Op to get the f*cking ship as you can only get 14 Crates via the event (so maximum of 28 drops) and you need 16 elements to complete the collection. And knowing the RNG you put into your boxes...

You will actually have ~13 days (Jan 9th - 22nd) to complete the final directive and grind the credits.

How long this will take you will obviously depend on how much average income you have per battle and whether you have premium time, camouflages, signals or premium ships to use to make this quicker. But it should be perfectly achievable if you look at how to maximize the credit income, especially with the time available.

Yes you will have to play quite a few battles, but you will also get a very nice reward ship at the end of it, as well as a bunch of rewards for each directive you complete.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,583 posts
6,238 battles
46 minutes ago, MrConway said:

You will actually have ~13 days (Jan 9th - 22nd) to complete the final directive and grind the credits.

In general I s*ck at math, but that didn't escape me...still you do know that you need after that even more time to start the grinding in the acctual campaign?

How long this will take you will obviously depend on how much average income you have per battle and whether you have premium time, camouflages, signals or premium ships to use to make this quicker. But it should be perfectly achievable if you look at how to maximize the credit income, especially with the time available.

In other words: "Give us even more money, peasant!" :Smile_facepalm:

An average of 150.000 credits per battle is very generous from my end... That would be around 160 battles... If we take an average of 12 minutes per battle... That are

32 hours of pure time in battles...

I know as employee you're not allowed to have an own opinion on that matter but please...

Yes you will have to play quite a few battles, but you will also get a very nice reward ship at the end of it, as well as a bunch of rewards for each directive you complete.

Well...you know this thread is about the collection? You loaded the wrong scrips MrBotway, with your ham-fisted attempt to "sell" this mediocre pile of pixels that I'm not even interested in...

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,435 posts
11,419 battles

@MrConway do you know if the directives count credits before or after substracting maintenance&ammo costs?

With an example:

shot-18_05.31_21_24.25-0025.thumb.jpg.824e8318b02e26f19006af46b187a1fc.jpg

In this match, would it count 820k, 891k or 1034k credits?

• Boring 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,131 posts
2,239 battles
20 minutes ago, AnEvilJoke said:

In general I s*ck at math, but that didn't escape me...still you do know that you need after that even more time to start the grinding in the acctual campaign?

In other words: "Give us even more money, peasant!" :Smile_facepalm:

An average of 150.000 credits per battle is very generous from my end... That would be around 160 battles... If we take an average of 12 minutes per battle... That are

32 hours of pure time in battles...

I know as employee you're not allowed to have an own opinion on that matter but please...

Well...you know this thread is about the collection? You loaded the wrong scrips MrBotway, with your ham-fisted attempt to "sell" this mediocre pile of pixels that I'm not even interested in...

I know it is about the collection, but on the way to completing the collection you will also get the ship.

We give out a load of flags, camos and such out for free - its reasonable for me to assume that even free-to-play players have some of those lying around if they are active players.

And of course I have an opinion on the matter and am happy to voice it. I would however be on the side of the people who would gladly pay for progress for the event and/or buy PEF as I simply do not have the free time to play that much of anything with a full-time job and two small children.

Players
1,583 posts
6,238 battles
15 minutes ago, MrConway said:

And of course I have an opinion on the matter and am happy to voice it. I would however be on the side of the people who would gladly pay for progress for the event and/or buy PEF as I simply do not have the free time to play that much of anything with a full-time job and two small children.

So everyone who dosn't support your "highway robbery" methods can "get f*cked"? Yes?

18 hours ago, AnEvilJoke said:

That question was rethoric...

But for the heck of it, lets do the math.

I played from 2005 till end 2011, bought everything on release so...

World of Warcraft 60€

Addon Burning Crusade: 30€

Addon Wrath of the Lich King: 30€

Addon Cataclysm 30€

In these almost 6 years I spend around 852€ on monthly subscribtion (free game time by Blizzard and times I didn't play, and didn't pay, are already divided from that number)

All in all I payed in almost 6 years a little bit more than 1000€ on World of Warcraft and I could do everything and (spoiler: thats the point) get everything without paying extra.

There are people dwelling in this very forum who spend more that these 1000 bucks on this years Halloween Gamble Crates alone.

A bit out of context but to prove my point that I have no problem to pay for stuff...stuff that is worth it!

Not like your fanbois...

20 hours ago, AnEvilJoke said:

Wargaming could paint its logo on a worthless rock, place said rock in a minefield and there would be still way to many idiots paying hundrets of euros/dollar/whatever to walk straight into the minefield.

• Bad 3

[OM]
3,435 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 1 Minute, AnEvilJoke sagte:

So everyone who dosn't support your "highway robbery" methods can "get f*cked"? Yes?

Stop being an idiot please, it's not like anybody forces you to take part in the events that Wargaming offers.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,583 posts
6,238 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

it's not like anybody forces you to take part in the events that Wargaming offers.

Could you find an even more predictable "defense", Commander_Obvious?

[OM]
3,435 posts
11,419 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, AnEvilJoke sagte:

Could you find an even more predictable "defense", Commander_Obvious?

Yes, but I didn't want to be mean and call you a bad player for getting such low amounts of credits :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,131 posts
2,239 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

@MrConway do you know if the directives count credits before or after substracting maintenance&ammo costs?

With an example:

shot-18_05.31_21_24.25-0025.thumb.jpg.824e8318b02e26f19006af46b187a1fc.jpg

In this match, would it count 820k, 891k or 1034k credits?

It counts before ammo and maintenance costs.

• Cool 2

Players
1,583 posts
6,238 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Yes, but I didn't want to be mean and call you a bad player for getting such low amounts of credits :Smile_trollface:

Context matters dude... But nice selfown after all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Context_(language_use)

18 hours ago, AnEvilJoke said:

...but you're excused, you probably didn't see this up there in your ivory tower full of purple Yes-Man.

• Boring 2

Players
315 posts
4,829 battles
On 12/21/2018 at 1:42 PM, AnEvilJoke said:
  On 12/20/2018 at 7:36 PM, AnEvilJoke said:

I completed the first directive in three days. And I did it in Co-Op

You dont need the PEF to complete the directives. Only if you want to enter the hall of fame must you complete all the tasks in a directive.

• Boring 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

It doesn't seem at all related to a new year. It's like the schedule for the next collection you wanted to make just happened to line up with the new year so you put a little ribbon on it to be able to say "it's a new year thing now" for some token 5% boost to sales.

Circumstances aside, the collection itself is... a thing. Don't care about it, but I do like the Prussian flag.

• Cool 1

[TAYTO]
Players
37 posts
6,246 battles

The artwork is beautiful and the information and content very interesting and well researched. So far it is going well, 4 more items to go and without apparently any extra effort from my part, just the normal daily playing.

Players
32 posts
771 battles

10 items out of 16, plus i have 4 duplicates and i'll get another container with maybe a duplicate, so that's 11 items. I don't have PEF and i don't think i will complete the collection only with the new year container.

I hope that it will be possible to get items from daily containers in the future.

I also only have tier V ships, so it will be impossible to me to farm 24.000.000 credits. I'm currently finishing the second stage of the event.

[LUSOS]
Players
8 posts
7,419 battles
On 12/20/2018 at 6:36 PM, AnEvilJoke said:

At this point, with 2 New Year containers left to open, I received 12 Items and 14 duplicates.

So either I get fortunate to get 1 more item on those 2 left containers or its another ollection incomplete for me...

But now, seriously? 12 items, 14 duplicates? Thats a nice ratio, have 1 duplicate for every item found...

duplicados.png

• Cool 1

[10GO]
Players
353 posts
9,550 battles

Well looking on having completeed that Collection last year allready i didn't find it to hard as the Mighty Prince and the Directives give you basicly "enough" chance to get it all together. And fast if you try.

Players
32 posts
771 battles
8 ore fa, The_Reichtangle ha scritto:

Well looking on having completeed that Collection last year allready i didn't find it to hard as the Mighty Prince and the Directives give you basicly "enough" chance to get it all together. And fast if you try.

Of couse you've already completed the colleciton, you already have tier X ships, the Missouri, and the PEF. 

Don't take it as an insult, i'm just saying that since you already have those ships, it was easier and faster for you to complete the directives and so earning more containers, but for other players who have ships lower than tier VIII, IX and X, it is just more difficult. 

Players
315 posts
4,829 battles

Why no containers in the last directive. 

Have you done this to force players to purchase the containers. If so this is a form of gangster-ism, and just what I have come to expect from WG.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1