Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cpt_Mooney

I'd love to see...

16 comments in this topic

[E-R-W]
Players
36 posts
5,095 battles

...all those weeb ships in my harbor finally getting the "apropriate premium skin" for their respective tiers.

As well as the ability to mount a regular camo ofc.

Theese ships feel super unrewarding to play, in terms of XP/Credit gain, and unnessessarily so.

Like really WG, why did you come up with this nonsense to begin with?

All this does is make otherwise fun ships alot less exciting to play. Clearly something we all want.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,284 posts
7,514 battles

What stops you from playing the regular Techtreeships? You can use any normal or premium camo on those you want.

If it's the additional daily wins you are after, then you have to live with WG restricting it's potentional extra gain because of the way those ships were given out. Technically those are rewardships and not premiumships.

• Cool 1

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
234 posts
5,204 battles
15 minutes ago, Cpt_Mooney said:

Like really WG, why did you come up with this nonsense to begin with?

It's almost like those ships are from a collaboration or something.

They're functionally exactly the same as their tech tree counterparts (or in the case of Takao, their premium counterpart), so like Miessa said: Play the regular versions instead. The appeal of the ships is the flashy skins and the voicelines of the commanders. If that isn't to your liking, use the regular ships.

Although I do agree that they should get bonuses from camos.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,051 posts
5,817 battles

Until the recent Black Friday variants came along, this was one annoying aspect of WOWS compared to WOT - in the latter, 'clown' cammos have the same cammo bonus (almost) as the same tank with a standard cammo.

Whilst it's work for not much gain (possibly excepting any that can be reused i.e. don't have IP issues relating to them), I would hope that WG will suitably retrofit the relevant ships at some point.

It won't make much difference to me personally - it's not like I'm short of premiums to play in randoms; it'd be nice to be able to play all 'premiums' in proper game modes without one arm semi-tied behind your back...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,284 posts
7,514 battles
16 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

Can somebody enlighten me what ships you are exactly talking about?

The ARP Ships which i assume the OP ment.

Basically carboncopys of Kongos, Myokos and an Atago which are unable to equip any other camo (which would defeat their whole purpose as they are just special painted rewardships without premiumshipbonuses).

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,184 posts
11,870 battles

As far I as I followed the topic last time it came up WG will probably not change the looks of the camo itself (because of the T&C's of the colaboration I guess). There was a suggestion to have the ARP camo provide the usual boni in-game boni instead (-3%, +4%) but I don't know how far this idea has progressed by now.

[PK11]
Beta Tester
610 posts
9,928 battles
Vor 19 Minuten, Miessa3 sagte:

The ARP Ships which i assume the OP ment.

Basically carboncopys of Kongos, Myokos and an Atago which are unable to equip any other camo (which would defeat their whole purpose as they are just special painted rewardships without premiumshipbonuses).

Thanks. The ARP ships are so old already that I couldn't imagine anybody to start a discussion about them. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,184 posts
11,870 battles
19 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Which is not entirely true. They are an odd mix of rewardship and premium ship once WG ruled them to be true IJN ships. And while they will not provide any substantial in-game bonus they count as premium ships as far as captains are concerned. This means that you could switch one captain through 9 different ARP ships and 9 daily wins without ever having to respec once.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,051 posts
5,817 battles
42 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

Can somebody enlighten me what ships you are exactly talking about?

I haven't been playing long enough to have ARP ships, but the same applies to the Dragon ones (basically, Myoko clones).

Probably the least amount of work would be to simply change the ships' characteristics to match the 'parent' design fitted with the standard perma-cammo (essentially, the WOT model) - you'd get the odd tenth or so percentage point variation, depending on when the various elements come into play in the various formulae that are impacted, but it'd be close enough (cf the two versions of the AMX-13-57, for instance).

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dragon ones come back now and again - easy money for Lunar New Year...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,284 posts
7,514 battles
3 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Which is not entirely true. They are an odd mix of rewardship and premium ship once WG ruled them to be true IJN ships. And while they will not provide any substantial in-game bonus they count as premium ships as far as captains are concerned. This means that you could switch one captain through 9 different ARP ships and 9 daily wins without ever having to respec once.

Yes the captainswap is the only exception. What I was saying apart from swapping through captains to get multiple dailys there is no difference xp and credit wise to the equivalent ship they are based on because those are as WG also said rewardships.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,051 posts
5,817 battles
1 minute ago, Miessa3 said:

no difference xp and credit wise to the equivalent ship they are based on because those are as WG also said rewardships.

I may be wrong, but I think there is a bit - because you can't apply any cammo to the reward ships, they're only as good as a 'naked' version of their parent design.

There are far more important things to be worrying about, but it would be a 'nice to have' to get it fixed.

Players
913 posts
7,161 battles

I did have some of those ARP ships at some point but to be honest I don't really like all that Japanese animation stuff. I'd have preferred a Wallace captain. By eck, Torpedoes to port, Gromit!

Failing that a Tom Hardy voiceover would be great, some Steven Seagal gruffness, although there would be a problem with his pauses.

"Torpedoes to...............................................................................................................................................................port" <was sunk five minutes ago>

• Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,051 posts
5,817 battles
2 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

By eck, Torpedoes to port, Gromit!

This would be glorious! Gimme!

[PMI]
Players
2,302 posts
5,457 battles
6 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Steven Seagal gruffness, although there would be a problem with his pauses.

"Torpedoes to...............................................................................................................................................................port" <was sunk five minutes ago>

Oh, dont worry, go to youtube and search for commander seagull in WoWs, you nailed it...

Sign in to follow this