You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bratwurst_Bob

Belfast: okay, it deserved the nerf, could it please reduce speed a bit quicker?

22 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
169 posts
5,309 battles

I was a seal clubber before the nerf and it needed to be toned down. I played mine before and after the nerf, then quit playing for some time. Took it for a spin today since nobody is playing theirs anymore (Seriously, when do you ever see a Belfast these days?) The guns are arcing extremely high wich makes it next to impossible to hit anything moving faster than half speed unless you are very close. Sometimes good for shooting over islands, mostly just ridiculously easy to dodge if you're the target. 

Still okay though; radar, smoke and sonar has to have a downside, I agree.

But please do take a look at the deceleration. The Belfast is just ridiculously sluggish and keeps gliding and gliding and gliding forever. You can tell its forced and completely artificial, you feel like breaking a massive super tanker instead of a cruiser, its like sliding on ice. Imho it's too much and should be toned back to at least the point that the deceleration increases as I get slower, just like all the other CAs & CLs out there.

• Funny 3

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,036 battles

People don't play her often anymore because there is only so much enjoyment that can be extracted from clubbing confused seals. Run up, smoke, radar, kill, and then move on. It gets repetitive. Her guns always arced and British cruisers are all difficult to stop. Unless something was stated to have changed, the nerf is just idle speculation.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,189 battles

The only nerf the Belfast got was the smoke firing penalty, from 2 km to 5.3(?) I think it was.

Apart from that the Belfast has not changed in any way. It can still club like a boss and punches above its weight really well.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

Uh nerfs lol, the smoke nerf was irrelevant to the power of the Belfast as it's still way inside your radar range.

The de acceleration 'really' isn't an issue sorry. Just slow down then pop smoke instead of panic spamming the T key :cap_cool:

Players
1,674 posts
9,118 battles
2 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Uh nerfs lol, the smoke nerf was irrelevant to the power of the Belfast as it's still way inside your radar range.

wut? You didn't sell your clubfast after the unplayable 5etc km smoke visibility nerf? It was always somewhat weak to begin with anyway, lacking fiji torps and heal.

• Funny 4

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles
3 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

wut? You didn't sell your clubfast after the unplayable 5etc km smoke visibility nerf? It was always somewhat weak to begin with anyway, lacking fiji torps and heal.

Don't forget, it didn't come with IFHE built in either or Def AA...

WG didn't want to give me a full refund so I kept it :cap_book:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,944 battles
19 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

OK funny fact my stats in Fiji are better than my Belfast...

But stats for last 2 months of these 2 tier VII ships..

belfastfiji.thumb.png.c64da324ad6cc9c394e4cb0000e5a078.png

Belfast is wiping the Floor with the Fiji......

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html

• Cool 1

Players
494 posts
5,618 battles

about 3-5 month after release Belfast was only buffed, it have problem at start that you would only get 2 puff of smoke so you need to stop him to 19kt and than pop smoke to stay in second puff - so many time you would stay stationary in front of smoke to many joy of BBs and so on :)

after that 3-5 month WG added 3th or 4th smoke ( i don't remember anymore ) so that braking problem has gone and that bring a lot more to his/her survive rate, change with shooting from smoke change almost nothing to Belfast style and to him being total OP...

and for those of you stats lurkers - yup I had about 250 battles in Belfast and Kutuzov and so on on my brothers account which I have played before ( in those nice years of WOWS when there was only few premiums and few potatoes and a lot of good players, I miss that time so much :( )

[AS13]
Players
1,854 posts
2,022 battles
1 hour ago, Bratwurst_Bob said:

Took it for a spin today since nobody is playing theirs anymore (Seriously, when do you ever see a Belfast these days?) 

I deleted two yesterday and ripped another a new one.

One of them happened to be you? :Smile_teethhappy:

PS: I was in Texas, Arizona and Monarch. 

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,993 posts

I think it could do with a heal and torpedoes... Just to bring it more in line with the techtree ships.

/s

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,211 posts
6,775 battles
3 hours ago, Bratwurst_Bob said:

Seriously, when do you ever see a Belfast these days?

Like every 2nd t7 game, if not more often?

Also

3 hours ago, Bratwurst_Bob said:

nerf

it's a premium. It doesn't get nerfed. The hell are you talking about? The smoke change? Much nerf, such wow

The rest of your post is nothing other than a heavy case of "git gud" :cap_tea:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles

A solo Belfast isn't a problem but in divisions it can be a pain most of its stats are based on 2-3 man divisions I suspect as it shines in that role.

Dashing forward to radar the capping DDs is not a wise thing to do in a solo Belfast they tend to get deleted in 2-3 salvos imho.

Players
1,674 posts
9,118 battles
2 hours ago, T0byJug said:

OK funny fact my stats in Fiji are better than my Belfast...

But stats for last 2 months of these 2 tier VII ships..

belfastfiji.thumb.png.c64da324ad6cc9c394e4cb0000e5a078.png

Belfast is wiping the Floor with the Fiji......

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html

Some strange things here at first sight.

So the total battles is for the last 2 months, right? That's way less belfast games than I would have expected (compared to fiji ones).

What is the 7th column ("battles")? What is the 19th column ("agro damage")?

Wiping the floor indeed, regarding winrate, an impressive 10% difference. I'd say a lof of the fiji players are less experienced (from looking at hit ratio and survival difference), no to mention belfast's exquisite (and perfectly balanced, da) anti dd tools.

Also, kek at that double avg plane kills :D

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,926 battles
6 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

What is the 7th column ("battles")? What is the 19th column ("agro damage")?

7th column: average number of battles per player.

19th column: potential damage, I would guess. At least that makes the most sense.

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles

Litterly took out the belfast to get a free win today because ppl are litterly uncarryable. and BAM 4 kills 100k plus damage and easy 2k base xp.

and u want to buff it! Yes give me that :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

Players
1,674 posts
9,118 battles
1 minute ago, lameoll said:

Litterly took out the belfast to get a free win today because ppl are litterly uncarryable.

The exact same reason I take her out so often. Play some "normal" ships, too much losses because sacks upon sacks of potatoes. -> Take out Belfast, who needs team anyway.

[POI--]
Players
3,879 posts
5,016 battles
4 hours ago, Bratwurst_Bob said:

Imho it's too much and should be toned back to at least the point that the deceleration increases as I get slower, just like all the other CAs & CLs out there.

Belfast decelerates like all the other RN CLs out there. Which means planning ahead. Might sometimes not even be stupid to just ram into an island if it prevents you from gliding past it into vision.

Also, again, thanks WG for making an absolute mess out of the ship so it no longer can be sold regularly. Who would want HMS Belfast anyway even just for the historical value?:cap_old:

• Cool 1