You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saiyko

Fara on carrier rework

175 comments in this topic

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,471 battles

It's an informative and frankly hilarious video :)

Only the intonation and facial expression at 2:30 with "let's make it the best action game possible, eh, eh?" is worth gold.

One personal note, quoting fara: "Basically, [WG is saying that] you the player, don't have the mental capability to control more than one thing at a time." Well, I'm glad to see that their intentions to connect with the larger playerbase might work out, since they obviously recognize the potential of the majority...

It's somewhat sad to see my own cynicism trumped like that. But well played WG, well played.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 2

[ITA_C]
Players
251 posts
6,873 battles

Seen , it clarified to me all due i have not tried them, what to say his emotions about this are mine emotions , is sad to see wg fall again and again in the same mistakes

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,041 battles

From the past few months of CV gameplay...WG is correct. Sorry CV are not the do it all as they please anymore. You either choose to support by spotting or ignore teamplay and hopefully die in the process.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

I haven't watched it but poor Farra must be dying inside from what's basically a reworked Kid's version of his favourite ship class :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,815 posts
5,688 battles

The thing with the manual control is that it doesnt make any sense;

-I can go back to the carrier immediately by ditching the squad.

-I can bring up the map to use auto pilot and the squad flies along in the background.

Why cant I go back to the carrier while the squad flies in the background?

It would make sense (sort of) if their reasoning had been that its an intentional weakness - you have to give up offensive power for better defense. People would grumble, but at least the reason would make sense.

This just doesnt.

Same with the automated consumbles - again if it was listed as a weakness that you had to ditch the squad to heal it would make sense. Instead we have that the system will choose for me? What if i sit in carrier view (not aircraft) - can I use them manually then?

• Cool 2

Players
148 posts
6,031 battles
8 minutes ago, P2Win said:

From the past few months of CV gameplay...WG is correct. Sorry CV are not the do it all as they please anymore. You either choose to support by spotting or ignore teamplay and hopefully die in the process.

this!

I think all the crying you see about the rework is all those CV Mains moaning the loss of their OPness ... I see the rework as making CVs as a lot more accessible than before.

I never enjoyed the RTS playstyle simply cause thats not why I picked up this game but with the changed mechanics it might be appealing again.

From what I've seen so far Top Tier CVs will signifcantly drop off in power while the lower tiers(up to 7) will see an increase in their usefullness, no more running out of planes halfway through a match

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 5

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,471 battles
14 minutes ago, P2Win said:

3 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

I think all the crying you see about the rework is all those CV Mains moaning the loss of their OPness

It would be nice if you watch the vid before sidetracking this thread to a topic that wasn't the point of it, nor of fara's vid.

Elementary politeness, no, to engage in a conversation only after knowing what it is about?...

• Cool 5

[UNICS]
Players
3,055 posts
12,331 battles

It seems reasonable to not go with automated consumables, but having to ditch a plane squad if your cv is threatened doesn't seem like a major cause of concern. Shouldn't happen too often and if a ship/sub/cv is able to threat your cv, I don't mind the penalty of dumping your plane squad in order to manually control your cv.

The biggest issues still seems to be if gameplay holds up over time + how it affects gameplay for the rest. Now, cvs in Random games usually make the games less fun. Should be improved with less spotting, but we'll see.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,168 posts
23,905 battles

I'm pro rework and I think its on the right tracks, but however Fara's point on the Hull control is a very valid concern to be reckoned with... Basically what almost if not everyone who has participated in test have been telling the devs.

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
892 posts
3,152 battles
9 minutes ago, bloodynicknames said:

I think all the crying you see about the rework is all those CV Mains moaning the loss of their OPness ...

Then you haven't been paying attention.

CVs are looking to become even more OP with the rework, since there's essentially no counter play and no restriction on yoloing in with your planes.

• Cool 14

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,471 battles
3 minutes ago, blademansw said:

Oh look, its the very unpleasant troll from last night. Do you enjoy upsetting players on your own team so much that they go completely on tilt? 

You mean the one where I was capping both A and B in my tier 8 DD, and pinged your triple tier ten BB div multiple times, to indicate to go in better positions than the map border? Which then, as you express it, "tilted" you, so you shot an HE salvo in my boat, dropping me to barely any health left and making you pink?

Yes that was me.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 19

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles
4 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

You mean the one where I was capping both A and B in my tier 8 DD, and pinged your triple tier ten BB div multiple times, to indicate to go in better positions than the map border? Which then, as you express it, "tilted" you, so you shot an HE salvo in my boat, dropping me to barely any health left and making you pink?

Yes that was me.

Relax, I've stopped calling people out in game like that. Most of the player has have no idea what's really going on so leave them to it...

• Cool 1

[AWG]
Beta Tester
228 posts
3,859 battles
5 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Yes that was me.

I didn't shoot you once.

You started calling us a braindead division as soon as we loaded into the game. We were fully aware that we needed to re-position, and we were yet you incessantly pinged the map like an attention seeking child. Continuously.

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,041 battles
Just now, blademansw said:

I didn't shoot you once.

You started calling us a braindead division as soon as we loaded into the game. We were fully aware that we needed to re-position, and we were yet you incessantly pinged the map like an attention seeking child. Continuously.

3 tx BB division? Why on earth...?

• Cool 3

[AWG]
Beta Tester
228 posts
3,859 battles
1 minute ago, P2Win said:

3 tx BB division? Why on earth...?

Last battle of the night.  And we wanted to upset all the HE spamming cruisers by focusing them heavily. No matter what, it doesn't excuse the OP's behavior, if it had been at the end of the battle and we had played like utter monkeys then he would be right to call us out. But unfortunately his own ego couldn't allow that and started insulting us straight away.

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,471 battles
10 minutes ago, blademansw said:

I didn't shoot you once.

Then it was your teammate.

You started calling us a braindead division as soon as we loaded into the game.

I did not. I said "oh no a triple BB div", when one of you asked why I said "most 3 bb divs are braindead", which 1 is true, and 2 wasn't meant to your specific div (look up "most" in a dictionary)

It was up to you to prove otherwise if you really wanted to take it personally.

You failed.

We were fully aware that we needed to re-position,

It was bloody Ocean map. You shouldn't be out of position to begin with. Not to mention if you stayed reasonably close to my lo yang, I could hydro'd any torp threat, and it would have been an easy win after I capped B. But yea...

Anyway, if you think you have a point, send your replay to WG? Please?

edit:

6 minutes ago, blademansw said:

And we wanted to upset all the HE spamming cruisers by focusing them heavily.

Yea, that's not saying a lot... He spamming cruiser overpowered? I can find you a BBingo card if you want.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[AWG]
Beta Tester
228 posts
3,859 battles
5 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Anyway, if you think you have a point, send your replay to WG? Please?

Why? I don't need to go running to a virtual mummy if someone gets up my nose. Which you did, bigtime...

• Boring 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,815 posts
5,688 battles

If the 0.8.0 is coming end of january, then presumably there will be a PTS for it? Be interesting to see what (if anything) has changed from Test 3

• Cool 1

[HARF]
Players
324 posts
10,912 battles

This attitude of "suck it up" "cv crybabies" and all the rest is pretty typical isn't it? People these days have to be pro CV rework or anti CV rework don't they? People can't help but want to belong to one ideological group or another,it's so sad. The matter at hand is what changes will be made,not whether you are pro or anti cv rework.

The consensus that I have heard from CV players is that they accept a change was needed, that Cvs were too powerful etc etc. What they seem to be worried about is the way that things have been changed. And from what I have seen they are right to have concerns.

I have a lot of sympathy for the likes of fara and others who have spent the time to get skilled in the class. I would be furious if I were them but in general they have been constructive and open to change. Simply they have detailed the concerns and tbh, as of yet I have not seen a sensible answer to those concerns.

My prediction is that we will see many angry threads if the CV rework is introduced as it is now. I hope that I am wrong.

• Cool 7

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,223 posts
18,523 battles
14 minutes ago, Chiledip said:

[...]

lujAVMf.png&key=c7afebd979e5581845646004

no matter that, i'm totally anti on this whole rework thingie! :crab:

• Cool 1

[HARF]
Players
324 posts
10,912 battles
8 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

lujAVMf.png&key=c7afebd979e5581845646004

no matter that, i'm totally anti on this whole rework thingie! :crab:

You see it so often in life and on social media these days. People entering a conversation in order to "win" for their team. This  is why discourse cannot happen and why constructive conversation is a rarity. There was a time where people entered conversations to add to the narrative, to add nuance and explore ideas. This form on conversation is now all but dead because of these none-thinking identitarian sheep

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,223 posts
18,523 battles
2 minutes ago, Chiledip said:

You see it so often in life and on social media these days. People entering a conversation in order to "win" for their team. This  is why discourse cannot happen and why constructive conversation is a rarity. There was a time where people entered conversations to add to the narrative, to add nuance and explore ideas. This form on conversation is now all but dead because of these none-thinking identitarian sheep

even though i've been a opponent of the rework since it became clear what they gonna change, i went for it from an, imo, logical pov. by now i'm kinda done with the whole topic, simply coz it's set and done what will happen next. no more point in opposing so to say.

...irdc for any popular pov's. i do care a lot for points to correct my own pov or recheck it allover, be them popular or not. on such occasions i wanna thank my dad for forcing me to use my own brain :Smile_great::Smile_child::Smile_hiding:

#lemmingslose.... except if they're the red army ^^:cap_haloween::cap_rambo::Smile_hiding:

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,099 posts
14,181 battles

Nerf? This isn't a nerf. Giving the Hakuryu back her 5 tb strike deck would be a less obscene buff than this.

• Funny 2

Players
1,519 posts
13,290 battles
2 hours ago, Saiyko said:

quoting fara: "Basically, [WG is saying that] you the player, don't have the mental capability to control more than one thing at a time.

Well. WG is not wrong. I have not been playing much lately, but it seems like most players are..... Well...... How can i put this without offending anyone........ Retarded? 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,471 battles
3 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Well. WG is not wrong. I have not been playing much lately, but it seems like most players are..... Well...... How can i put this without offending anyone........ Retarded? 

Without offending anyone?...

Don't retarded people have it hard enough without us comparing them to the average WoWs players all the time?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6