You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Oversaturation? Now "Ranked Sprint #3 & #4" are here as well for the Holidays...

18 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,982 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

Oversaturation? Now "Ranked Sprint #3 & #4" are here as well for the Holidays...

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/ranked-sprints-3-4/

So we currently have for the Holidays:

• The 4th Season of Clan Battles, codenamed "North" (28 November 2018. - 20 January 2019.)
  • "In the Name of His Highness!" Event (20 December 2018. - 22 January 2019.)
  • "Mighty Prinz" Campaign (20 December 2018. - 22 January 2019.)
  • "Nerves of Steel": Combat Missions (21 December 2018. - 25 January 2019.)
  • "Ranked Sprint #3" (20 December 2018. - 01 January 2019.)
  • "Ranked Sprint #4" (02 January 2019. - 14 January 2019.)

Leo "Apollo11"

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[SERBS]
Players
44 posts
4,579 battles

For the guys which are playing CB, this is too much, for others, like me, it is perfectly fine.

• Cool 1

Players
1,169 posts
9,151 battles

It looks like a lot but I don't think it is, really.

Clan Battles are only on four days of the week and not even every Clan member plays them, or plays many of them.

"In the Name of His Highness!" is basically just like the RN arc, so you'd cover most of the directives just with your normal gameplay.

In much the same fashion, the "Mighty Prinz" campaign is specifically for Tier VI ships only. So it will probably be possible to cover most of those missions in Ranked Sprint or in the Random/Co-Op battles people use to train or prepare for Ranked Sprint, or just to try out their new Eitel Friedrich. Edit: Also this campaign is mainly directed at new players who either haven't unlocked those fairly standard T VI ships yet or who have recently unlocked them but want the perma camo for the grind to the following T VII ships. Although those New Year perma camos for the Tier VI ships look absolutely hideous imho. And people should be positively drowning in Halloween and Union Jack power camos at this stage. But there you go. Never pass up a free lunch...

In any event, something similar goes for "Nerves of Steel", especially if "Ranked" is another of Wargaming's typical silly slip-ups and they actually mean "Ranked Sprint".

And Ranked Sprint, well. The last one went by a lot too quickly even. It is a sprint after all, as the name suggests. The new round will have stronger aircraft carriers but will not have edited broken OP premium ships, so on balance, I'd say it should be on more or less  the same difficulty level.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,883 posts
12,106 battles

Participation in all isn't mandatory, I hope.... Pick and choose what you want and there should be something for most.

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
2,089 posts
5,848 battles

I'm assuming I can't get everything done, so I'll prioritise things that earn steel, plus the snowflakes thing; anything else on top of that is a bonus.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,232 posts
7,359 battles

Well I do find it questionable that clan battles and ranked is on at the same time though. Bit much isn't it? I know enough people that are on the verge of a burnout already.

And a lot of missions you cannot complete while playing CBs, which I will continue to complain about.

• Cool 4

[DAVY]
Players
1,542 posts
9,023 battles
Just now, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

This game is turning into a fulltime job

you would have been sacked by now ;)

• Funny 4

Players
935 posts
7,216 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

This game is turning into a fulltime job

Ho ho ho. Can't see myself having time for the first season of Ranked Sprint, the second might be possible, but I could do with a little downtime from these things, they are quite intense (especially if you have to play lots of games to rank out, what with being rubbish and all....)

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,590 battles

Well OP; I suppose it depends on the sync between f.e. Ranked sprint fights and the other missions. If they can be performed to a degree at the same time, the problem is less, especially if you are not in in the CW thing.

But I can also feel the burn out stress after RN event etc, but I prefer to have too many events than toó few. Learn to choose. 

It is like going to the pub and become angry for that they have 250 different brands instead of 3.:Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,773 posts
12,163 battles
9 hours ago, Gnirf said:

It is like going to the pub and become angry for that they have 250 different brands instead of 3.:Smile_Default:

But you can return to that pub at any given time and those 250 brands will (most likely) still be there, unlike these events:Smile_coin:

[JRM]
Players
959 posts
13,500 battles

I ll prioritise steel harvest, if i go for sprint it will be to farm the flags so r2 is enough you can usually do that in a day

Beta Tester
22 posts
6,926 battles

I think WG did a great job giving us so much stuff to do - and especially for players like me who dont participate in clans its still a lot to do =)

Just remember the Graf Spee disaster 2016/17 ? when all Servers got so much stuff for free and the EU server had nothing - well they handed it to us afterwards but still...:fish_viking:

I think WG has improved since then hehe !:Smile_medal::Smile_popcorn:

One point that buffles me is, whether there is going to be a normal ranked season in the  near future or not ? Since I am not really into this sprint thing as it is too short and the rewards are "meh" - and I want to progress with the steel farming getting the rank 1 - thats the only way for me as a non clan player to get steel in good amounts :Smile_coin:

Does anyone have a clue or an answer to when the next normal ranked season will come?

Thanks in advance ! ,-)

Beta Tester
43 posts
2,742 battles

I don't think that's a problem, simply because rewards are not that good. It's not like you will miss out on valuable steel or tons of special camos and signals if you skip it altogether.

[BAD-A]
Players
51 posts
8,209 battles

Ive bailed out of bothering with any of it now.

The only challenge to them is commiting regular time to grind through. They arent hard on purpose so anyone can fail their way to success.

I'll play when and how i want to, not because WG wants to emtionally bully me into playing more and more.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,089 posts
5,848 battles
3 hours ago, MasterEraserCoH said:

One point that buffles me is, whether there is going to be a normal ranked season in the  near future or not ?

I may be wrong, but they were talking about an upcoming T9 Ranked season, using the weird mechanics from Arms Race: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/wg-fest-2018/ (only the first bit from the link; the rest is Russian BBs, and RN CVs).

Not sure if this will count as 'proper' ranked though.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,590 battles
3 hours ago, MasterEraserCoH said:

I think WG did a great job giving us so much stuff to do - and especially for players like me who dont participate in clans its still a lot to do =)

Just remember the Graf Spee disaster 2016/17 ? when all Servers got so much stuff for free and the EU server had nothing - well they handed it to us afterwards but still...:fish_viking:

I think WG has improved since then hehe !:Smile_medal::Smile_popcorn:

One point that buffles me is, whether there is going to be a normal ranked season in the  near future or not ? Since I am not really into this sprint thing as it is too short and the rewards are "meh" - and I want to progress with the steel farming getting the rank 1 - thats the only way for me as a non clan player to get steel in good amounts :Smile_coin:

Does anyone have a clue or an answer to when the next normal ranked season will come?

Thanks in advance ! ,-)

I remembered when I got to the Hall of Fame section in the RN events = saturday when I finished stage 4, I played ranked sprint as a win in ranked (only that mattered and counted also, not sunken ships or achievements) were quite good value 100-120 something, if you have a decent winrate that should be alright in points.