You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Ranked Sprint - Discussion Thread

26 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,763 posts

10k coal is... a more decent reward for R1... But it being slapbang in the middle of the holiday season, AND the "Festive 500". I'll (have to) pass.

[FRM]
Players
8 posts
12,661 battles

I'm all for a lively game with events like ranked, ranked sprints, CW. That's all very good. But seriously, ranked sprint at the same time that clan battles. It's too much. Especially, during holiday season... 

Here, i question the clan battles season timing. Previous season was during summer holidays and this one will encompass Christmas period. These are ok for ranked because you don't need to mobilize your clan for that but I think you should aim  for period outside big holiday seasons for clan battles.

• Cool 3

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
26 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

10k coal is... a more decent reward for R1... But it being slapbang in the middle of the holiday season, AND the "Festive 500". I'll (have to) pass.

It's only in the hopes of keeping the proletariat masses inGame and playing because...

1) Holidays

2) general fatigue as the game is becoming more and more a facebook-like "Log in daily and grind you slave" game or for thouse who played it: Timeless Isle in WoW: Mists of Pandaria

milling-gif.gif

• Cool 2

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles

It will be nice if missions, campaigns, etc works in ranked sprint battles... Else, I have very bad feeling  for 7 vs 7 random battles with allowed carriers which can manual drop. 

[-GG-]
Players
273 posts
14,239 battles

Not again :cap_viking:

Uninspiring rewards for frustrating mode where you don't get star for carrying team in a loss but you do get a star for being AFK/useless camper/bot in a win carried by sb else :etc_red_button:

And I see no effort from WG to fix this idiotic rules

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
499 posts

You call the Rank 1 reward of 10k coal enticing? You can't even buy a discounted modification upgrade with it in the arsenal. It's similar to trying to entice someone with rolls of toilet paper. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,619 battles

While potatoes keep playing their "how many ships we can park in 1 square?" game WG has come up with a new one - "how many events can we cram into a holiday?"

• Cool 1

Players
459 posts
8,331 battles
5 hours ago, DuneDreamer said:

You call the Rank 1 reward of 10k coal enticing? You can't even buy a discounted modification upgrade with it in the arsenal. It's similar to trying to entice someone with rolls of toilet paper. :Smile_facepalm:

Why the hate on free toilet paper? Do you feel you are somehow obligated to play ranked sprint? 

It's 10k coal and a bunch of flags I wouldn't get otherwise for playing 30 games or so. I have put a lot more effort in some missions with lower rewards.

• Boring 3

[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,348 battles

No way I am going to touch this "ranked" random battle, which is good for you since I am one of the few who only play CVs

[WOWS]
Players
254 posts
13,637 battles

Well made: classic ranked setup for nothing or r11 with arms race, to find the best players who can pick up things from the map better than the others.... You make it easier and easier for the players who are on the edge on leaving this game!

Players
371 posts
13,585 battles

Ranked Sprint is a great idea for introducing new players to a less intense competitive setting, but by the same token, they shouldn't get the same rank icons that big boy Ranked players earn. Full fledged R1 players shouldn't have their achievements wiped to make way for these snot-nosed upstarts.

[S-M-V]
Players
76 posts
8,403 battles

It is great to have another sprint, First season I threw 39 battles, second season I needed 24 battles to rank 1, but WG cmon, it is really a bit way to much of everything. 

Clan battles are in full swing, two new campaigns, new event, and we shouldnt forget, it is Chrismass and New Year... Do You wonder, how many people (including me) are going on some kind of trip, vacation ect..!!

So You really put a lot in this and next month.. Couldnt that just wait till CB-s finnish so we can just play normaly, without any stress when we want (or need) to get everything.

• Cool 3

[_I_]
Players
3 posts
7,676 battles

i would play it but doing the same tier again kinda puts me off you could work through all the tiers starting from 5 then next season rank 6 then 7 8 9 10 then reset back to 5?

• Cool 1

[DAVA]
Players
13 posts
6,637 battles

Hello guys,

Just played first ranked battle. It was a defeat of course.... due to 200 battle players with big wallets, showing off with premium ships... and 5 skills captains.

Why WG is offering to players premium ships above their current status in the game? All this players are ruining the game :(

I will not play anymore ranked....

• Cool 1

Players
73 posts
9,728 battles

Rewards = Meh. Not an enticement to take part at all.  Will continue to play for the lols and that's all.
Time to investigate new games.

I'll say this for WG. You are consistent. You never miss an opportunity to underwhelm  ;)

Some of your ship balancing is so FUBAR as not to be funny at all. e.g. Cleveland. 
Its main armament range in T8 is a disgrace! 

[S-M-V]
Players
76 posts
8,403 battles

As i saw comment before, it is true, current premium shop makes me wanna hang myself. You cannot belive, how many times in random i saw an player with 100 battles who has an Tirpitz, Atago, Massachusets.. I Even saw a guy who had 200 battles and Montana, and 5 tier 8 ships. 

Guess how every single battle with that players end.. Yup, you guessed right, DEFEAT! Because you CANNOT WIN with an player who has T10 battleship and 200 battles, 40% wr. (Dont get me wrong, my stats aint purrfect but still.........)

It is really silly that somebody can just open their wallet (also, dont get me wrong, i have 20+ premium ships) who doesnt even got an friggin basic clue on how to play this game, and he/she enters T8/10 random/ranked battle and fu*ks battle for everybody else, ok not everybody because you always gotta have couple of "special kind of brain players" but yeah, i think you shall understand me..

Especially this kind of game (noobs with prem ships who have couple of hundred battles) is devastating in ranked, because even one player makes an [edited]ton of difference when battle is 5v5 or 7v7.

I know WG that You, at the end of an month just wanna see $ and € signs on your bank account, but make an klik with your heads.. That kind of thing (speaking for myself) is what is killing this game for me!!!