Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
killer999death

tier 7 carrier play is a joke

22 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
115 posts
4,319 battles

9/10 battles with my Hiryuu against Saipan players who have +1 plane skill. My tier 7 fighters VS his tier 9 fighters.

Why, Wargaming, why? Why must you edited* bad players who play the normal tree while those who pay get air superiority gifted to them?

Edited by hierrark
inappropriate remarks

[POI--]
Players
3,849 posts
4,994 battles

Because trying to balance CVs has never been a priority since the announcement of a rework years ago. 

[FDUSH]
Players
1,112 posts
6,566 battles

Whats with all those threads about cv complains??
And fyi... I have to deal with Saipans in my Kaga. So, imagine tier 6 fighters Vs his tier IX ones... And guess what? I manage to win a good chunk of these matches. As long as I can go to the frontline, that is.

Players
578 posts
4,989 battles

So what?

You outdps a Saipan in a Hyiru.

Saipan vs. Kaga is unpleasant for the Kaga but Saipan vs Hyriu is perfectly fine.

If "klick fighters" is your playstil - Tier 7 is not your tier.

(But 10 Hyriu fighters with DFE vs. 8 Saipan fighters should be a draw maybe even a win .... a good saipan player will not allow you to klick his fighters....)

Ignore fighters, get your strikes around the fighters, block his TBs -> win game because hyriu has more strikepower than saipan. 

Not easy but totaly okay. 

On tier 7 you should have and really need a 11 point cpt - sounds fair.

You need DFE and AS .... 

Saipan shuts down the CV, Kaga Kills the entire enemy team :cap_haloween:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,109 posts
18,112 battles
7 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Whats with all those threads about cv complains??
[...]

^THIS!

... no words really (even more funny considered there's not been a saipan thread in ages?! :D)... IT'S OVER IN A MONTH, spare ur breath 4 the pain to come...

Players
578 posts
4,989 battles

At least it wont matter anymore what CV is in red.

Both CVs do a damage race - no counter play, no air protection, no spotting games just "i kill your guys faster than you kill mine"

[FDUSH]
Players
1,112 posts
6,566 battles
1 hour ago, Wings_of_RNGesus said:

(But 10 Hyriu fighters with DFE vs. 8 Saipan fighters should be a draw maybe even a win .... a good saipan player will not allow you to klick his fighters....)

Actually, one of the ways I beat Saipans with my Kaga it's to drag their fighters at 7 km from my cv and engage them with my tier 6 fighters. Shouldn't engage too close because the Saipan player wouldn't keep his fighters there and would go away (or exit strafe).
The trick it's to make the Saipan player think that I'm a noob, which just klicks and that my tier 6 planes should be easy to shoot down. Thing is, I use upgraded AA on my Kaga (214 damage per second AA at 7,2 km) demolishing his fighters in the process...

Nobody expects someone to actively use the carrier's weapons in conjuntion with his fighters.

Normally I wouldn't say this kind of things, but what the hell... It was fun while it lasted.

Players
578 posts
4,989 battles

If you can make the saipan player exit strafe you won - counterstrafe - fighters dead.

Counterstrafing with hyiru fighters doesnt need such perfect timing as counter strafing with kaga fighters because the hyriu ones are faster.

Beta Tester
115 posts
4,319 battles
31 minutes ago, Wings_of_RNGesus said:

If you can make the saipan player exit strafe you won - counterstrafe - fighters dead.

Counterstrafing with hyiru fighters doesnt need such perfect timing as counter strafing with kaga fighters because the hyriu ones are faster.

Oh yeah a strafe which kills 0-1 of his planes leaving him with 3 

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
6,121 battles

Is it just me, because i feel the uprise in CV complaint threads lately kind of irelevant because the CV genere is getting a redo ina a month. :cap_yes:

• Funny 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,708 posts
6,215 battles
3 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Is it just me, because i feel the uprise in CV complaint threads lately kind of irelevant because the CV genere is getting a redo ina a month. :cap_yes:

Thought the same, but it happens often, if a player is frustrated about something, sometimes those players go to the forum to share their frustation. A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
578 posts
4,989 battles
16 hours ago, killer999death said:

Oh yeah a strafe which kills 0-1 of his planes leaving him with 3 

Even a Kaga Counter strafe kills 2-3 Saipan fighters with a full squad - a hyriu squad will kill all of them in most cases ....

Counter strafing makes the enemy fighters be in strafe window the maximum possible time and does the maximum damage for a very long time if both squads start with enough ammo for a full strafe....

We are not talking about a normal strafe from the side (or even the top) - top on strafes against a saipan usually dont do much thats true but counter strafes.....

Players
1,537 posts
6,446 battles

SPOILER

Counter Strafe it.

That was always the golden egg regarding fighting a Saipan with anything.  It's deadly because you get a full strafe behind them.  So their SPEED is their weakness.  You would overtake slower planes :cap_tea:

Of all my Game in the CV, very very very few actually tried to counter-strafe so being a Saipan player you didnt have to worry about it hardly ever.  And only 10% more (lo) actually strafed in the first place. 

Players
1,537 posts
6,446 battles

But...

Tier 7 CV's was the best example of P2W in this game.  Such a shame it was CV's that waved that flag. 

[5D]
Players
473 posts
20,530 battles
15 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

yeh even in games ive noticed people being even more hostile towards me in a CV. even some of the top clans who i wont mention have been crying abouts CVs. its a bit pathetic tbh. but as they say. people fear what they dont understand :P

• Cool 2

Players
1,537 posts
6,446 battles
Just now, Mr_Snoww said:

yeh even in games ive noticed people being even more hostile towards me in a CV. even some of the top clans who i wont mention have been crying abouts CVs. its a bit pathetic tbh. but as they say. people fear what they dont understand :P

Bob on.  And few really understood. :cap_tea:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,382 posts
13,789 battles

The thing about counterstrafing is that counterstrafing itself can be countered by strafing out as late as possible, meaning that you're pretty much guaranteed to take tremendous losses at which point your counterstrafe will not deal sufficient damage to the enemy squadron (strafing struggles to kill even a single plane with 3 left, with 2 or 1 strafing becomes completely ineffective), losing you the air fight. That a Saipan can do it for free is just insult to injury.

Not to mention counterstrafing can be extremely unreliable at times due to the :etc_swear: UI.

Lets face it, that Saipan can strafe out without losses is incredibly stupid to say the least.

Players
578 posts
4,989 battles

On the other hand saipan lacks the heavy strike power to really win games "against its own team" - its fine to shut down the enemy CV but sitting at the usuall t9 game with your 6 TBs that cant really kill any BB or CA is so frustrating. 

Saipan is unbalanced vs. the other cv but imho not really crazy strong.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,382 posts
13,789 battles

I never felt that way tbh. Saipan may lack punching power but she has a pretty fast "rate of fire" to mitigate that. It's a weakness compared to others for sure, but not a particularly big one. Compared to having such a huge advantage in air superiority it's too good of a trade.

No T7 CV does all that well in T9 MM. Out of the four Kaga is really the only one that can brute force a strike through (which is her gimmick after all). Hiryu T6 TBs evaporate about as fast if not faster than the Saipan ones and the less we say about the Ranger the better.

Sign in to follow this