You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.7.12: The Holidays Are Coming! - Discussion Thread

94 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
578 posts

In World of Warships, the New Year's extravaganza is kicking off with some spectacular celebrations! We've hammered out a lot of gaming activities for you with piles of lavish rewards.

Read the full article

Beta Tester
28 posts
18,526 battles

To get the bonus, simply win one Co-op, Random, Ranked or Scenario Battle. Blowing off Snowflakes will be rewarded with Coal and Steel. The type and amount of the resources varies depending on the type and tier of each ship.

In the announcement there are example for destroyers? Can someone provide us detailed info about rewards for each tier and ship type?

About Steel Monsters Campaign...

The campaign will be available for purchase in the Premium Shop.

Can we know what is the price for The "Steel Monsters" Campaign?

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles
17 minutes ago, Zveketalo said:

In the announcement there are example for destroyers? Can someone provide us detailed info about rewards for each tier 

It is in the article. Variables are Tier and (Non)-Premium.

[BOATY]
Players
546 posts
8,551 battles
20 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

@MrConway, @Tuccy, @Crysantos: Is it possible that the 'Steel Monsters' campaign will also be added for purchase ingame for the equivalent price in doubloons?

I would like it too but I am certain they will not do it as it is not a direct income. 

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
11,997 battles

I have just done a rough calculation and for the ships I have in port currently, I will receive approximately 6000 steel and 96600 coal if I manage to play them all (lots of coop battles I can foresee), with Jean Bart at 228000 coal and current stocks of 106000 that will be added during update 0.7.12.0 plus I am nearly through the grind for Dreadnought and I might decide to collect the new cruiser for 15000 coal and I might just have enough steel for the Flint after that plus the is the Prince Eitel Freidrich to add more spice 

Therefore, a potential 4 additional ships without spending any money whatsoever 

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
531 posts
13,633 battles

Still Texas has a catapult for spotter plane but no plane is visible on the ship...

[WOWS]
Players
208 posts
12,144 battles

4efdcac4-01ec-11e9-a9d7-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

What is the the definition of the difference between the 2 premium type, and what is the background sory od the icons of them?
I realized it already, but some confirmation would be good! (if you mentioning sources, pls link them!)

DASHA! KNOCK 3 TIMES IF YOU ARE IN TROUBLE! We are ready tpo help!

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
1 minute ago, ledgeri said:

4efdcac4-01ec-11e9-a9d7-38eaa735f4cc.jpg

What is the the definition of the difference between the 2 premium type, and what is the background sory od the icons of them?
I realized it already, but some confirmation would be good! (if you mentioning sources, pls link them!)

I'm not entirely sure I understood your question correctly, but as far as the snowflakes are concerned, regular ships (white letters and ship silhouette) of tier VI-VIII earn coal and tier IX and X earn steel.

Premium ships (golden letters and ship silhoutte) of tier II-VII earn coal and tier VIII-X earn steel.

The infographic is inconsistent with its imagery since it displays two ship silhouttes for the premiums and only one for the regular ships despite both categories having a distinctive reward difference based on the tier range.

[WOWS]
Players
208 posts
12,144 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

I'm not entirely sure I understood your question correctly, but as far as the snowflakes are concerned, regular ships (white letters and ship silhouette) of tier VI-VIII earn coal and tier IX and X earn steel.

Premium ships (golden letters and ship silhoutte) of tier II-VII earn coal and tier VIII-X earn steel.

The infographic is inconsistent with its imagery since it displays two ship silhouttes for the premiums and only one for the regular ships despite both categories having a distinctive reward difference based on the tier range.

If you check it in game that 2 sign at the premium ships you can find them in the game too. I would like to know what makes them different -regardless of marking premiums-, and what is the story of the icons, what were selected...

Players
10 posts
10,733 battles
25 minutes ago, radius77 said:

100 steel for tier X ?

50 steel for tier IX ?

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_veryhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_veryhappy:

you greedy m.............

Just think - in 5-8 years time with Christmas events like this - some people will have enough steel to buy the Stalingrad or T10 French BB Bon Jovi :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy:

[SCRUB]
Players
7,298 posts
9,517 battles
4 minutes ago, ledgeri said:

If you check it in game that 2 sign at the premium ships you can find them in the game too. I would like to know what makes them different -regardless of marking premiums-, and what is the story of the icons, what were selected...

Do you mean the laurels and chain around the ship symbol respectively?

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles
11 minutes ago, ledgeri said:

Premium Ship/Reward Ship

The "or" means both ship types get the reward.

[FANDF]
Players
6 posts

We are happy that you appreciated the Twilight Fleet ships and their unique consumables. Perhaps you'll see them again next year…          yah why is that? to buy them again???                                                                

Players
277 posts
15,341 battles

Ok Wyoming gets super heal + rudder shift while the underperforming crap called Myogi gets barely 2s reload and PEN buffs? LOL wtf its crap stupidity (sorry for name calling but its true).
The same goes for other US ships...

Considering WR's we should now expect myogi's (current 44% compared to wyomings 49% WR!!!) /kongo (kongos 47,1% to Ny's 46,9%) / fuso's (48,5% to NM's 48,2%) /nagato (47% to colorado's 47%) /amagi (48,9% to NC's 48%) /izumo (47% to Iowa's 47,5%) !buffs in patch after this? as from what im seeing WR's of these ships are on the same lvl or lower then the PRE BUFF US ones (with amagi significant having advantage as only one).

These are no quality of life but significant buffs to some ships that are outperforming or even vastly outperforming their counterparts already!

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20181215/eu_2month/average_ship.html   this is 2 month lenght WR data (as its meaningless to compare it from long times like 1-2 year as the ships undergo changes and new ships are added that affect it).

just WTF WG!

• Cool 2

Players
2,339 posts
6,663 battles
47 minutes ago, Sons_0f_Odin said:

Just think - in 5-8 years time with Christmas events like this - some people will have enough steel to buy the Stalingrad or T10 French BB Bon Jovi :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy:

Stalingrad and Bourgogne will most likely be removed by then (provided this game still exists by then).

Looking at the ships I currently own, the extra steel won't even be enough to get Black, let alone the Balancedgrad.

[WOWS]
Players
208 posts
12,144 battles
35 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Do you mean the laurels and chain around the ship symbol respectively?

Yeah!

27 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Premium Ship/Reward Ship

The "or" means both ship types get the reward.

I know both getting thebonuses, but something not right them being reward or premium ship, in my port at least:
Kami r, nelson, missouri: Chain but as well the Murmansk what was purchased for doubloons, Katori what i got for pearls back then
Laurels: waspite wha was purchased, but okt. revo. as well what was earned as well the indianapolis
Aurora: Laurels vs  Oled and Varyag: chain
Gaf spee Laurels,  Arizona Chain

I bet you know those in relation to each other and availability of them during the years... Still strange to see them seperated by this!

This is maybe the first time when i see this separation in an official post by WG itself, by the way!

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles

Because they get both the reward.

Had they shown only one type of symbol, somebody would have speculated that the other ship type does not get the reward.

That is why I think WG should stop writing these articles.

Many do not read them and many who read them interpret something into the article that is not there.

[BLUMR]
Players
57 posts
5,303 battles

If i'm doing numbers right (Doubtful) I'll get about 5300 Steel from Snowflakes... Plus 4k from Steel Monsters so that means with a new coupon on Christmas, I too can be the proud owner of a Stronkingrad after this season of Cw. I think? :cap_old:
Currently on 7k and still have missions to do.

Coal is irrelevant till they release a big ship that i want. Salem is a no from me.

Maybe the Azunyan will be coal, Hopefully Atleast 

[MOWA]
Alpha Tester
253 posts
9,746 battles
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect armor penetration. The armor penetration capacity of the 150 mm HE shells of the secondary guns has been increased from 36 mm to 37 mm for the following German ships: Prinz Eitel Friedrich, Admiral Graf Spee, HSF Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Tirpitz B, Graf Zeppelin, Roon, Friedrich der Große, Großer Kurfürst, and [Großer Kurfürst].

Gneisenau does not have 150mm secondary guns, so you cannot have improved them. :-)

[CATS]
Players
14,662 posts
10,873 battles
2 minutes ago, Rawindra said:

Gneisenau does not have 150mm secondary guns, so you cannot have improved them. :-)

I suggest to look at the A-Hull.