Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

1 month left to play.RTS CV

73 comments in this topic

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,454 posts
13,851 battles

Meh, I'm looking forward to the rework.

If only to see whether I can actually kill the entire enemy surface fleet instead of "only" 3/4ths of it when there aren't filthy bots around that ruin my fun by ending the game too early.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

[DREAD]
Players
5,155 posts
5,081 battles

I find it astonishing how WG stops half way through the process.

They had an intention - a valid one.

They invested quite some effort to build the new concept.

A lot of people liked the approach but literally EVERYONE told them to include a button to switch between the CV and the strike squadron. And a lot of people also told them that the fighter concept is garbage.

Conclusion: we are good to go 

(likely result: WG loses the supporters of the concept due to releasing a half-arsed model. Does the release of Graf Zeppelin ring a bell?)

• Cool 7

Players
1,542 posts
6,495 battles

Cant wait to see the salt coming from these forums when this goes live.

You asked for this lads and lasses. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Cool 2

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
537 posts

Maybe they need to loose 22% of their EU playerbase in wows as they did in wot before they listen to the community.

Whenever I read or think about the CV rework I think about the arty rework in wot. Completely ignoring what the community wanted or said.

• Cool 2

Players
1,542 posts
6,495 battles
16 minutes ago, siramra said:

Maybe they need to loose 22% of their EU playerbase in wows as they did in wot before they listen to the community.

Whenever I read or think about the CV rework I think about the arty rework in wot. Completely ignoring what the community wanted or said.

Always the same.  They simply don't listen, more so to the EU community. 

Russian tanks and premium ammo destroyed that game for me.  It was EVEN worse in WarThunder.

So forgive me chaps if WOWS bring out the new Russian Battleships doesn't fill me with confidence.  Paper line too.

But British CV's are coming out, such a shame it's on the new system which is utter S***.  Would have loved to sail them the old fashion way.

Players
1,542 posts
6,495 battles
5 minutes ago, Wings_of_RNGesus said:

1 Month to gain 1% WR .... 

But looking at the post of El2aZeR maybe the future is glorious .... we will see.

For me the gameplay looks incredible dull and boring. 

It's very boring which you will see for yourself.

The first few games are new and like "wow, graphics and puffs of black flack and stuff".  But after 3-4 games, it gets boring very quick.  Not "ill switch ships for a bit" kinda boring but "that's not for me thanks" kinda boring. 

Thing is, if they are finally in ClanBattles then my clan will require me to probably play the class as i have all but MIDWAY. But i wont enjoy it, that's the problem. 

[JRM]
Players
958 posts
13,500 battles

Since I suck at new cv interface i wait for the refunds, will bag gold for saipan, keep enterprise, maybee i keep us line unlocked just to have access and use the jap line freexp refund to unlock akaska or something, then start my way up the other line/s slowly

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,687 posts
5,569 battles

Im looking forward to trying them against actual players.

The test server consisted of bots that yolo'd in straight lines towards each other so bombing them was a doddle.

Similarly all the CV in the test that I met despite being real players were no real challenge either - mid tiers in the fuso consisted of just obliterating bots while not being threatened by CV.

Id like to try bombing a wider selection of players, and avoiding strikes from competent players

Beta Tester
2,351 posts

The CV rework is good news for low tier sealclubbers and console players. For hight tier players, the suffering changes from alpha strike to constant harass by speed demonic planes :cap_haloween:

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles
3 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

You asked for this lads and lasses. 

No I didn't. I ask CV's to be removed from this game. I find them brokenly over influential in the current state. I hate the buggy interface and I stopped playing them for like 2 years now. Exception: plane shootdown missions. But I'll use coop for that. I don't want to ruin 23 people's game. Either I have 0,5% (or more) higher WR thus landsliding the reds, killstealing and frustrating the rest of my team or I have 0,5 (or more) less in which the opposite will happen.

Of course I'll wait and see how the rework turns out but from what I've seen so far I can't say I'm excited. If the red CV has set his eyes on you, you can expect an endless bomb/ rocket (shot from biplanes??!!) or torp spam the rest of your game. I could be wrong: now even without the fighter support I'm getting from my CV in 0,0003% of the CV matches. And all that without any chance to retaliate anytime soon. If a non CV has the misfortune of spawning on a remote location he might as well hit the W key, take a coffee and prepare for the next game. "Yes Ferry, but CV's can almost not shoot back. So what do you mean with not retaliation?" I mean: you won't survive the trip to the other side of the map before having been plane spammed to the next match.

Granted: I find the the rework graphically looking amazing. But I'm here to play ships and duke it out with ships. Not with planes. I'd be playing wowp if I wanted planes. A title I'm actually quite curious about after the rework. Once a Game Center free standalone client is available I'd happily try it out.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,136 posts
11,682 battles

Meh no point even getting involved.

WG do what they want and shove us excuses or even lies.

I stopped playing CVs months ago when I saw the rework. As any grinds or learning would just be a massive waste of time. 

At least it's likely I'll get a huge FXP injection so I can Fail Musashi or something although I'd have liked a full refund on my Premium CVs but bleh 

• Cool 3

Players
1,542 posts
6,495 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

No I didn't. I ask CV's to be removed from this game.

A navy game without CV's isn't really a true navy game is it? Lets be honest.

I wish to clarify that i have never, never and never had a problem with CV's in this game and being killed by one has been in the absolute minority. 

That is a non bias opinion from someone that has played ALL the classes. 

The biggest problem that i have always said is people refuse to change their play when a CV is about and those that pick ships that know full well planes are going to be a problem.

DD players hate CV's.  It's build into your whole being.  They take away that concealment that you live on and i dont blame you.  However, it's your CHOICE that they picked a Ship that has crap AA.  Even though i love my KIDD as it shred planes.  

@Ferry_25 may i be so bold and hope you don't take this to heart:

Your 2 most played ships is the Tirps (650 games) and the Kamikaze (345 games)....2 ships that are well known in having pitiful AA.  One even suffering from the full destructive force of AP bombs  (Tirps).  Basically your a sailing CV magnet and a DD that i will always try and keep spotted the whole game if i can in a CV.  That's one of the pitfuls of playing DD.  It's not just DD's that have this problems but other classes:

BB's suffer from invis torps and CV's when not spec.

CA's suffer from BB's

CV's suffer from anything with Defensive AA or even AA spec BB's

DD's suffer from radar AND CV's. 

Take my Hindy for example. I choose to have either Hydro or Defensive AA, that is a choice i have to make.  However, I know that if i equip Defensive AA with something like AFT then i will not have to fear any CV i come into contact with.  Not only that but i can support another ship in the process and prolong his life.

Alas, other players don't and go with Hydro.  That's not a bad choice if you play that sort of game but don't, and this is what does my head in, don't moan that you are getting smacked by CV's in the process (not aimed at you ferry, just players in general)

WG has alot of faults, but they have gave us the tool to deal with CV's.  It's up to the players to pick them.  We cant all have our cake and eat it.

@Ferry_25 how do you find planes in your Missouri or Atlanta (41 planes)?

Probably the same as me in my Alabama, Cleveland, Gne, Lion ,Conq, Republic ect...

3/4 Battleships have the ability to wipe Planes out of the sky with 3 from the top of my head that can actually equip bloody defensive AA :cap_fainting:.  It's up to the player to spec them that way, but don't complain when they don't.  Did i mention even the DD's that can equip defensive AA :cap_fainting:

But that's not good enough.  People expect Ship to carry a batteries worth of Anti Aircraft guns. Even the new Grad has defensive AA and that's a battlecrusier!

The new Russian BB line will my "make or brake" regarding this game.  It's killed WarThunder stone dead and WOT is a sorry state with Russian tanks dominating the game with premium ammo.

Anyway,  It's all being changed as the vast majority (non CV players) wanted CV's to change in some form.  What you have now though, is something ALOT worse and i cant help but feel smug about it.  I know that sounds really childish but i truly do.   If only people learnt/knew that what we currently have was so easy. 

• Cool 3

[FDUSH]
Players
1,122 posts
6,608 battles

The rework it's total garbage. I want a full money refund for my Kaga and Saipan...

Seriously, the main reason of why I play this game are for aircraft carriers. They are fun (at least tier 5 to 7) the way it is. From time to time I play others ships if I don't feel like playing a cv that day.
It's like going to "Nc o'nnals"... You go there for the burguers. Maybe you eat something else if you got too many burguers, but if they stop selling them...

Funny thing. "They want to make cvs more entertain" I played the reworked ones and they are REALLY dull to play.

• Cool 1

Players
1,542 posts
6,495 battles
12 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Meh no point even getting involved.

WG do what they want and shove us excuses or even lies.

I stopped playing CVs months ago when I saw the rework. As any grinds or learning would just be a massive waste of time. 

At least it's likely I'll get a huge FXP injection so I can Fail Musashi or something although I'd have liked a full refund on my Premium CVs but bleh 

Completely understand mate and i feel the same why.  Shame that both of us, 2 longer members of this house have got to this point.

The only reason i might keep the CV's is for the benefit of the Clan if they finally make an appearance in Clan Battles (will have all of them).

If they don't then free XP and coin please :Smile_medal: as this new system is Boring and i cant be doing with all the salt that will in inbound. 

• Cool 1

[_XII_]
Players
325 posts
2,497 battles

I have to say I'm a little surprised that we will see the CV rework this soon.

I didn't do the tests (or they didn't let me :cap_yes:). But maybe somebody has to correct me but in those tests the human CVs attacks mostly (if not all the time) bots. So in other words people mostly played in COOP. Nobody knows how the CV will interact in a full random game.

All that I know I will try them and I had zero intrest in the old RVS play style. Not because of the skill level but all you did was clicking on a map. How boring can it get? All those beautiful 3D models and all you see in game  is ship icons.

Sign in to follow this