Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Henri_Pihala

CVs are totally OP

16 comments in this topic

[PAPAT]
[PAPAT]
Players
3 posts
2,965 battles

Playing against high tier CVs take totally fun out of the gaming. My Bismark just got one shotted again from Lexinton's two divebomber squads and one torpedo bomber squad.

Serious nerf for CV AP bombs is needed.

• Bad 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles

I agree, what they do to cruisers are ridiculous. What they do to battleships is, admittedly, very funny.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
3,549 posts
5,884 battles

sdsfdf.png.f8f6b27968a54e9d07995389e8995c12.png

1. Yes totaly OP... those are the worst Midway players sorted by WR :cap_old:

2. CVs will get changed upon update 0.8.0 - which is end of january (they will most likely be even worse after that - bad players will get worse, while good players will stomp harder)

3. Apart from that all: Yes, AP Bombs are crap and shouldnt be in the game like that.

4. Even then you can still try to outplay the CV - Today had an enemy 75% WR Kaga in the enemy team, and he was useless for the entire game, even when he killed me in the end. But that didnt matter anymore at that time.

[SCRUB]
Players
961 posts
7,749 battles
24 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

sdsfdf.png.f8f6b27968a54e9d07995389e8995c12.png

32 PR with 18.5% WR.

How? Just effing how? 

My TWO YEAR OLD would do better.

[PMI]
Players
2,360 posts
5,547 battles
33 minutes ago, Henri_Pihala said:

Playing against high tier CVs take totally fun out of the gaming. My Bismark just got one shotted again from Lexinton's two divebomber squads and one torpedo bomber squad.

Serious nerf for CV AP bombs is needed.

So you got one shotted or did it send you the full detachment and you were alone/out of position?

Because one is cheating / luck and the other means you suck...

Given your hidden stats, and the fact you mention bismarck, Im going to go for the latter.

• Funny 1

Players
123 posts
3,701 battles
39 minutes ago, Juanx said:

So you got one shotted or did it send you the full detachment and you were alone/out of position?

Because one is cheating / luck and the other means you suck...

Given your hidden stats, and the fact you mention bismarck, Im going to go for the latter.

I have seen a Scharnhorst that was very close to friendly ships, though admittedly at the front of the push get deleted at the game start by 2 squads of AP bombers.

It's not impossible to get deleted by a CV when you're in a German BB and completely in position. The CV might lose a lot of planes but that 1 BB advantage at the start of the game is worth it, plus the CV can then keep the rest of his strike planes in reserve and fully concentrate on denying enemy strikes with his fighters until the enemy AA is lightened a bit by ship dispersion and HE spam.

[DSW]
Players
3,790 posts
7,737 battles
1 hour ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

32 PR with 18.5% WR.

How? Just effing how? 

My TWO YEAR OLD would do better.

offtopic, but... eh it's not like there was much worthwhile discussion to be had in this thread anyway...

you think that's impressive? how 'bout this?

jU9LUan.jpg

can't keep up with the winrate, but that's due to how CVs work.

• Funny 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,073 posts
11,044 battles
43 minutes ago, Caughtintherain said:

I have seen a Scharnhorst that was very close to friendly ships, though admittedly at the front of the push get deleted at the game start by 2 squads of AP bombers.

AP bombs have made playing German BBs mostly pointless. Kurfurst is relatively safe and I think Fat Freddy, but everyone else is toast.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,222 posts
6,782 battles
15 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

offtopic, but... eh it's not like there was much worthwhile discussion to be had in this thread anyway...

jU9LUan.jpg

can't keep up with the winrate, but that's due to how CVs work.

How is it even possible to average 4360 dmg over 1788 games... what the actual :etc_swear:

• Cool 2

Players
123 posts
3,701 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

How is it even possible to average 4360 dmg over 1788 games... what the actual :etc_swear:

I'm impressed that you calculated the average properly, I was sat here salivating at the opportunity to jump in with an irrelevant minor correction but you actually calculated it correctly. Well done you.

• Funny 3

Players
3,338 posts
5,806 battles
22 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

This is so sad. For the sake of the player, I hope its a bot. If not...

[ADRIA]
Players
4,222 posts
6,782 battles
3 minutes ago, Caughtintherain said:

I'm impressed that you calculated the average properly, I was sat here salivating at the opportunity to jump in with an irrelevant minor correction but you actually calculated it correctly. Well done you.

What can I say, I like maths that comes before university level.

When you start dividing by 0 or when "∞ -   = 5", that's when I lose any and all liking for it :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,413 posts
13,825 battles
18 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Kurfurst is relatively safe and I think Fat Freddy, but everyone else is toast.

Gneis/Scharn and Bismarck/Tirpitz are actually the only KM BBs that can reliably get oneshot by USN AP bombs. Bayern can take a citadel once in a blue moon, FdG needs bombs to land on one specific area to score citadels and GK is completely immune.

Sign in to follow this